Top 5 Most Important Reports

Hi,

I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
about from the Project Manager?

And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
information right?  Thanks for your help.

-jp
0
Utf
4/8/2010 11:16:01 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

13 Replies
1344 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
Critical Path & Total Slack Analysis
Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)


-- 
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com



"jp" wrote:

> 
> Hi,
> 
> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
> about from the Project Manager?
> 
> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
> information right?  Thanks for your help.
> 
> -jp
0
Utf
4/9/2010 4:50:01 AM
Thanks Jim for your reply,

Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen 
that before in MSP.

-jp

"Jim Aksel" wrote:

> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> Critical Path & Total Slack Analysis
> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> 
> 
> -- 
> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> 
> Jim Aksel, MVP
> 
> Check out my blog for more information:
> http://www.msprojectblog.com
> 
> 
> 
> "jp" wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> > share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
> > about from the Project Manager?
> > 
> > And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> > things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> > that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
> > information right?  Thanks for your help.
> > 
> > -jp
0
Utf
4/9/2010 1:37:01 PM
Hi Jim,

Would you also know how to best get cost savings and schedule variances
out and into a nice graph created in MS Excel?  I'm working with MSP 2003.
I'm almost positive Executives like to see graphs showing them cost savings 
and schedule speed based on planned vs actuals in a graph format.  As you
can see, I also like graphs...
;-)
 
-jp

"Jim Aksel" wrote:

> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> Critical Path & Total Slack Analysis
> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> 
> 
> -- 
> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> 
> Jim Aksel, MVP
> 
> Check out my blog for more information:
> http://www.msprojectblog.com
> 
> 
> 
> "jp" wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> > share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
> > about from the Project Manager?
> > 
> > And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> > things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> > that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
> > information right?  Thanks for your help.
> > 
> > -jp
0
Utf
4/9/2010 1:49:01 PM
jp,

Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo 
Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different 
organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with 
third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not 
the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the 
project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.


--rms

www.rmschneider.com




On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
>
> Thanks Jim for your reply,
>
> Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
> Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
> that before in MSP.
>
> -jp
>
> "Jim Aksel" wrote:
>
>> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
>> Critical Path&  Total Slack Analysis
>> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
>> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
>>
>>
>> --
>> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
>>
>> Jim Aksel, MVP
>>
>> Check out my blog for more information:
>> http://www.msprojectblog.com
>>
>>
>>
>> "jp" wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
>>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
>>> about from the Project Manager?
>>>
>>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
>>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
>>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
>>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> -jp
0
Rob
4/9/2010 2:44:51 PM
oh ok.  Yes, I hadn't seen anything on my MSP 2003 that resembled
a Risk Register or a Monte Carlo Model.  Is the "IMHO" a really good
product?


"Rob Schneider" wrote:

> jp,
> 
> Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo 
> Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different 
> organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with 
> third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not 
> the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the 
> project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.
> 
> 
> --rms
> 
> www.rmschneider.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jim for your reply,
> >
> > Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
> > Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
> > that before in MSP.
> >
> > -jp
> >
> > "Jim Aksel" wrote:
> >
> >> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> >> Critical Path&  Total Slack Analysis
> >> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> >> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> >>
> >> Jim Aksel, MVP
> >>
> >> Check out my blog for more information:
> >> http://www.msprojectblog.com
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "jp" wrote:
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> >>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
> >>> about from the Project Manager?
> >>>
> >>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> >>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> >>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
> >>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
> >>>
> >>> -jp
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/9/2010 4:11:01 PM
It's the best product available in the world.  I'm humble.

"IMHO" is an internet abbreviation for "In My Humble Opinion"

You might also see "AFAIK" which is "As Far As I Know".


--rms

www.rmschneider.com




On 09/04/10 17:11, jp wrote:
>
> oh ok.  Yes, I hadn't seen anything on my MSP 2003 that resembled
> a Risk Register or a Monte Carlo Model.  Is the "IMHO" a really good
> product?
>
>
> "Rob Schneider" wrote:
>
>> jp,
>>
>> Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo
>> Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different
>> organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with
>> third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not
>> the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the
>> project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.
>>
>>
>> --rms
>>
>> www.rmschneider.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Jim for your reply,
>>>
>>> Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
>>> Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
>>> that before in MSP.
>>>
>>> -jp
>>>
>>> "Jim Aksel" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
>>>> Critical Path&   Total Slack Analysis
>>>> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
>>>> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
>>>>
>>>> Jim Aksel, MVP
>>>>
>>>> Check out my blog for more information:
>>>> http://www.msprojectblog.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "jp" wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
>>>>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
>>>>> about from the Project Manager?
>>>>>
>>>>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
>>>>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
>>>>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
>>>>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
>>>>>
>>>>> -jp
>> .
>>
0
Rob
4/9/2010 4:52:36 PM
The answer depends on how you're using the plan. If you have a fully 
resourced plan with accurate actual and remaining work, and an accurate 
basline then I'd say:
1. earned value or some derivative thereof that gives a clear measure of 
progress and estimate at complete
2. Report that shows problem activities, tasks, milestones, etc. such as 
tasks with variances 
3. Resource utlization

But if you're managing the plan according to tasks and dates, and not work 
hours then your options are more limited.

"jp" wrote:

> 
> Hi,
> 
> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
> about from the Project Manager?
> 
> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
> information right?  Thanks for your help.
> 
> -jp
0
Utf
4/9/2010 8:06:04 PM
Wow, you really like hah!
So, where is it found on the Web?
Is it mainly used for the Monte Carlo analysis?

-jp

"Rob Schneider" wrote:

> It's the best product available in the world.  I'm humble.
> 
> "IMHO" is an internet abbreviation for "In My Humble Opinion"
> 
> You might also see "AFAIK" which is "As Far As I Know".
> 
> 
> --rms
> 
> www.rmschneider.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 09/04/10 17:11, jp wrote:
> >
> > oh ok.  Yes, I hadn't seen anything on my MSP 2003 that resembled
> > a Risk Register or a Monte Carlo Model.  Is the "IMHO" a really good
> > product?
> >
> >
> > "Rob Schneider" wrote:
> >
> >> jp,
> >>
> >> Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo
> >> Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different
> >> organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with
> >> third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not
> >> the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the
> >> project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.
> >>
> >>
> >> --rms
> >>
> >> www.rmschneider.com
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Thanks Jim for your reply,
> >>>
> >>> Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
> >>> Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
> >>> that before in MSP.
> >>>
> >>> -jp
> >>>
> >>> "Jim Aksel" wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> >>>> Critical Path&   Total Slack Analysis
> >>>> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> >>>> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> >>>>
> >>>> Jim Aksel, MVP
> >>>>
> >>>> Check out my blog for more information:
> >>>> http://www.msprojectblog.com
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> "jp" wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Hi,
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> >>>>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
> >>>>> about from the Project Manager?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> >>>>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> >>>>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
> >>>>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> -jp
> >> .
> >>
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/9/2010 9:55:01 PM
oh ok.  Thanks lbethel

-jp
;-)

"lbethel" wrote:

> The answer depends on how you're using the plan. If you have a fully 
> resourced plan with accurate actual and remaining work, and an accurate 
> basline then I'd say:
> 1. earned value or some derivative thereof that gives a clear measure of 
> progress and estimate at complete
> 2. Report that shows problem activities, tasks, milestones, etc. such as 
> tasks with variances 
> 3. Resource utlization
> 
> But if you're managing the plan according to tasks and dates, and not work 
> hours then your options are more limited.
> 
> "jp" wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> > share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
> > about from the Project Manager?
> > 
> > And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> > things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> > that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
> > information right?  Thanks for your help.
> > 
> > -jp
0
Utf
4/9/2010 9:56:01 PM
See http://project.mvps.org/comprods.htm

Also can search Google on "project monte carlo" to get some leads.


--rms

www.rmschneider.com




On 09/04/10 22:55, jp wrote:
>
> Wow, you really like hah!
> So, where is it found on the Web?
> Is it mainly used for the Monte Carlo analysis?
>
> -jp
>
> "Rob Schneider" wrote:
>
>> It's the best product available in the world.  I'm humble.
>>
>> "IMHO" is an internet abbreviation for "In My Humble Opinion"
>>
>> You might also see "AFAIK" which is "As Far As I Know".
>>
>>
>> --rms
>>
>> www.rmschneider.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 09/04/10 17:11, jp wrote:
>>>
>>> oh ok.  Yes, I hadn't seen anything on my MSP 2003 that resembled
>>> a Risk Register or a Monte Carlo Model.  Is the "IMHO" a really good
>>> product?
>>>
>>>
>>> "Rob Schneider" wrote:
>>>
>>>> jp,
>>>>
>>>> Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo
>>>> Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different
>>>> organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with
>>>> third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not
>>>> the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the
>>>> project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --rms
>>>>
>>>> www.rmschneider.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks Jim for your reply,
>>>>>
>>>>> Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
>>>>> Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
>>>>> that before in MSP.
>>>>>
>>>>> -jp
>>>>>
>>>>> "Jim Aksel" wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
>>>>>> Critical Path&    Total Slack Analysis
>>>>>> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
>>>>>> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Jim Aksel, MVP
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Check out my blog for more information:
>>>>>> http://www.msprojectblog.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "jp" wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
>>>>>>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
>>>>>>> about from the Project Manager?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
>>>>>>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
>>>>>>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
>>>>>>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -jp
>>>> .
>>>>
>> .
>>
0
Rob
4/10/2010 5:39:25 AM
Use the Export to Excel on the Analysis toolbar.  Make sure you select the 
variance items.
-- 
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com



"jp" wrote:

> 
> Hi Jim,
> 
> Would you also know how to best get cost savings and schedule variances
> out and into a nice graph created in MS Excel?  I'm working with MSP 2003.
> I'm almost positive Executives like to see graphs showing them cost savings 
> and schedule speed based on planned vs actuals in a graph format.  As you
> can see, I also like graphs...
> ;-)
>  
> -jp
> 
> "Jim Aksel" wrote:
> 
> > Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> > Critical Path & Total Slack Analysis
> > Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> > risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> > 
> > Jim Aksel, MVP
> > 
> > Check out my blog for more information:
> > http://www.msprojectblog.com
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "jp" wrote:
> > 
> > > 
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> > > share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know 
> > > about from the Project Manager?
> > > 
> > > And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> > > things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> > > that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project 
> > > information right?  Thanks for your help.
> > > 
> > > -jp
0
Utf
4/10/2010 9:04:01 PM
There are a couple out there ... I presonally use Deltek Risk Plus 
(http://www.deltek.com/products/riskplus/)

There is another called RiskyProject that is pretty good, and the ones Rob 
referred you to on the MVP site.
-- 
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com



"jp" wrote:

> 
> Wow, you really like hah!
> So, where is it found on the Web?
> Is it mainly used for the Monte Carlo analysis?
> 
> -jp
> 
> "Rob Schneider" wrote:
> 
> > It's the best product available in the world.  I'm humble.
> > 
> > "IMHO" is an internet abbreviation for "In My Humble Opinion"
> > 
> > You might also see "AFAIK" which is "As Far As I Know".
> > 
> > 
> > --rms
> > 
> > www.rmschneider.com
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > On 09/04/10 17:11, jp wrote:
> > >
> > > oh ok.  Yes, I hadn't seen anything on my MSP 2003 that resembled
> > > a Risk Register or a Monte Carlo Model.  Is the "IMHO" a really good
> > > product?
> > >
> > >
> > > "Rob Schneider" wrote:
> > >
> > >> jp,
> > >>
> > >> Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo
> > >> Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different
> > >> organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with
> > >> third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not
> > >> the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the
> > >> project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> --rms
> > >>
> > >> www.rmschneider.com
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>> Thanks Jim for your reply,
> > >>>
> > >>> Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
> > >>> Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
> > >>> that before in MSP.
> > >>>
> > >>> -jp
> > >>>
> > >>> "Jim Aksel" wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>>> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> > >>>> Critical Path&   Total Slack Analysis
> > >>>> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> > >>>> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>> --
> > >>>> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Jim Aksel, MVP
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Check out my blog for more information:
> > >>>> http://www.msprojectblog.com
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>> "jp" wrote:
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> Hi,
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> > >>>>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
> > >>>>> about from the Project Manager?
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> > >>>>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> > >>>>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
> > >>>>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> -jp
> > >> .
> > >>
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
4/10/2010 9:06:01 PM
Do you know the URL for IMHO?
Does it cost alot of money?
Is it really good and useful?

-jp

"Rob Schneider" wrote:

> jp,
> 
> Project out of the box does not have risk register or Motel Carlo 
> Simulations.  Risk Register done lots of ways in different 
> organisations.  Monte Carlo schedule simulations are doing with 
> third-party add-in products.  IMHO, this sort of thing is nearly if not 
> the most valuable aspect of making and maintaining a model of the 
> project to enable building a discussable point of view about the future.
> 
> 
> --rms
> 
> www.rmschneider.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 09/04/10 14:37, jp wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jim for your reply,
> >
> > Question: "risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)"
> > Is that in MS Project 2003 or possibly in 2007?  I don't know that I've seen
> > that before in MSP.
> >
> > -jp
> >
> > "Jim Aksel" wrote:
> >
> >> Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances)
> >> Critical Path&  Total Slack Analysis
> >> Poor performing tasks based on Variance Analysis (Both cost and schedule)
> >> risk register/Schedule Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo Simulations)
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.
> >>
> >> Jim Aksel, MVP
> >>
> >> Check out my blog for more information:
> >> http://www.msprojectblog.com
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "jp" wrote:
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could
> >>> share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know
> >>> about from the Project Manager?
> >>>
> >>> And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different
> >>> things and that no one organization is the same.  However, I have to guess
> >>> that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project
> >>> information right?  Thanks for your help.
> >>>
> >>> -jp
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/13/2010 4:36:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

HTML Help #5
Okay, I admit it: So far, I have never written HTML help for an MFC application. Certainly, the time has come. So, the Wizards will set some of that up for me if I select the appropriate options when creating the project. But, looking at the first topic that was created for me, I see all the HTML tags are uppercase with tooltip errors that say uppercase tags are not allowed. Hmm... that didn't go very far. This is VS 2008. I realize it will still work but why is VS creating HTML using tags that VS says is not alllowed? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcirc...

Import Data from ERP-System to CRM 3.0 daily
I wonder what way I should choose to import data (Accounts, Contacts, Offers,... perharps some custom entities) from an ERP-system to CRM 3.0 on a daily basis. the CRM does NOT work with a relational database, thus I don't know, if migration tools would work but I think they won't. Please tell me if I'm wrong and I'm able to use those tools for imports of dBase or CSV-Files, too. Development of a custom interface is possible but it's said anywhere that developers shall never interact with the CRM-database directly. Under what circumstances can I be sure to be on the s...

An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalErro
An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError) Culture name 'da-da' is not supported. Parameter name: name! I need to run reports but all i get is this! What can i do? thanks can a brother get some help around here?:) "Hasrett" wrote: > An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError) > Culture name 'da-da' is not supported. Parameter name: name! > > I need to run reports but all i get is this! > What can i do? > > thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_6F4D738D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-En...

Exchange 5.5 #50
Hi Folks, i have Exchange 5.5, pre migration procedure i tried to connect the LDAP Server, but any password is invalid! i have antoher server (diffrent ORG) that work absolute! HELP PLEASE!!! Regards, NR ...

Actor: Top package
Hey... When i create an actor it display the text "top package" before the name i give it... How do i remove that??? Best regards Kent ...

making a chnge in a report
i have a report and that report imports other data it is abotu 160 pages and ther are abotu 5 pages that i need to make changes in how do i do that in access? Revise the data that feeds the report. -- Build a little, test a little. "Meca Lee" wrote: > i have a report and that report imports other data it is abotu 160 pages and > ther are abotu 5 pages that i need to make changes in how do i do that in > access? > > ...

TOP 15 online business
This is the best place to find Top Online and Home Business The best of the best is there. Subscribe to get lattest news Updated daily TOP 15 online business: http://www.spot2biz.com ...

Is there a way to import another priv1.edb, priv1.stm
My Domain controller took a bad crash and want to know if there is a way to import my old .edb or .stm databases for exchange? I didn't have a chance to export them before it took a dive Please help http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols/ -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Exchange 1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2559801c46052$ec0d0ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Domain controller took a bad crash and want to know if > there is a way to import my old .edb or .stm dat...

PivotTable
Re: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot05.html#TopItems I use the data file from the above site. I drag "name" to the row fields area and "score" to the data items area. = Then I double-click on name and select top 5 scores. I can even sort = in ascending order of scores. No problem. However, if I just drag score to the row fields area and nothing else, = when I click on advanced, "Top 10 AutoShow" is greyed out. The way to = get around this is to also drag score to the data area i.e. two = identical columns of score side by side. Then I can choose the top...

How to import Emails and contacts from Yahoo mail to outlook 97?
Do you have a yahoo account that supports pop3? If not, you can't import it into outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "bupper"...

How to make CStatic been on top of all child windows in my dialog?
Hi there. I'm just expiriencing some problems with CStatic behaviour. The point is that I have some CStatic that I want to use as a nitification label. sometimes I need to show user some information and I want to do that the way when a Label appeare in the middle of the dialog and stay on top of all other controls placed o dialog. I use the following functions to make a CStatic visible and been on top, but it doesn't work well: ::SetWindowPos(m_lblPartsMsg.m_hWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | WP_NOSIZE ); Coudl you suggest me what I have to do to acchive the behaviour I ...

CRM Import/Export Wizards and sample sales template dowload
I noticed that there is a download available titled CRM Import/Export Wizards and sample sales template Last Modified 6/12/2004 8:06:19 PM Posted 3/15/2003 9:39:00 PM Do I need to load this on CRM 1.2 professional? Thank You, Barry Sunshine 21st Century Solutions ...

How can i make values appear at the top of bars in a bar graph?
chart options>data labels>value -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF2AB4B-03DE-4A30-9435-83C9C517D92F@microsoft.com... > ...

Forcing a dialog to be the top top top top most window !
Hi When my app starts up it displays an initial dialog. Under certain circumstances this dialog popus up behind another applications window so you don't see it. Is there any way of forcing the dialog to the top I have set the dialog's "Set Foreground" property I have added the following to its OnInitDialog() : SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE ) TTFN Jo &wndTopmost joe On Fri, 21 May 2004 02:51:03 -0700, Jon EVans <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >When my app starts up it displays an initial d...

Import Web Data
I use Excel to link to data from a web site (using the 'Import External Data>New Web Query), each time I open the Excel file the data is refreshed and I see the latest update without having to go and get it manually. I want to do the same in Access but haven't seen a way of doing it yet. Is it possible, if so, How ? Thanks Keith It is possible to open Excel but not visible from Access. You could then import the data into Access. Another thing that could be done is link to the data in Excel from Access. After you open Excel invisible from Access you would only need to r...

List top five
Hi there, I've searched this site looking for an answer for this but no luck What I have is imported list of invoices thousands of rows long with about 450 suppliers occurring many times over. What I want is a formula or function that will give me the top 5 suppliers - something like (MAX(Count,1 ,2, ,3...?? It seems it should be pretty straightforward but it's beaten me (I can do this easily with a filter but I've been told they find them confusing!) Many thanks for your help Paul SInce you have your data in rows already, you could create a PivotTable w...

Designation is not importing into resource center with resources
I synchronizing project server 2007 with Active Directory. after synchronization there is one field AD which is designation of the user .. which is not import into project server . I want Designation also import into project server with synchronized resources. how to do this Sam: You would need to write your own sync routine. The built-in synchronization routine is not extensible. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Sam" <Sa...

Can't import customizations
We are moving from a development server to a new production environment and the exported customizations won't import into the new environment. We had loaded some data and the 1st time and we tried to import we got an XML error and couldn't continue. We restored a blank database and now we are getting SQL errors. Any suggestions Can you share the errors that you are seeing? "markcc" wrote: > We are moving from a development server to a new production environment and > the exported customizations won't import into the new environment. We had > loaded some ...

New 5.0 SmartPhone Exchange Access Problem
I have users with a new Cingular 2125 (Windows Mobile 5.0) phone and an unlimited-use data plan. Users can use Pocket IE to browse the web fine. We run Exchange 2003 SP2. The Exchange server is the only one in the network, and it has an internally-generated (ie, not a Verisign) certificate on the OWA web site, and the site is running on a high port (not 443). The Exchange server has public folders for contacts and calendar that the phone should be able to get to. The Exchange server should also push mail to the phone, but only from certain senders. Is there a step-by-step document with detail...

Table all in uppercase when imported into Access
I am importing a Dbase III table into MS Access, All of the text fields are in uppercase (Approximately 17,000 records). My question is how can I convert all of the text fields to lower case with only the first letter of the field in Upper case such as name, address, city and state fields? THERE'S NO EASY WAY There's No EASY Way <g> You can write a VBA routine or function using UCase or LCase (convert case), and Left$, Mid$, Right$, Instr, or Split to pull the string apart, or StrConv(string, vbProperCase) might be a good one. The trouble with names and addresses, is th...

Do Access 2002 reports support duplex (2-sided) printing?
? On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:31:44 -0500, "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote: >? > > Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not Access. Chuck -- In article <4bo0q3hs0u7ktej397ftec88pbt0nl2t22@4ax.com>, libbeyc@schoollink.net says... > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:31:44 -0500, "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> > wrote: > Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not Access. > > Chuck -- > I think what he wants to know is, can you tell a printer to switch to duplex printing, via Access code, for thi...

Automatically saving reports to PDF files?
Well, since my original post(s) never made it to the forum, I'll try again :-) Has anyone successfully implemented a "hands off" print output to PDF? I'd like to be able to automatically route the reports generated during SOP invoice posting jobs (i.e., the Distribution Breakdown Summary & General Journal Posting reports) to PDF files. The files would have to have the same names that GP generates when they're manually printed (like 'General Posting Journal', etc.), but have a sequential number added so they don't overlay each other. I tried doing...

Inbound Restriction on Exchange 5.5
Hello Everyone, I would like to ask for help regarding the requirements for a certain group of mailboxes/Distribution list to recieve emails coming from certain domains only.. (ex. @microsoft.com, @abc.com.). Would it be possible? I did try researching on the web but i didnt see any article relating to my concern. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:26:02 -0800, Yaj Gomez <YajGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Everyone, > >I would like to ask for help regarding the requirements for a certain group >of mailboxes/Distributio...

Exchange 5.5 ADC Removal Problem
I installed an exchange 2003 server. I migrated all the data and removed the last 5.5 server. When I run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer it reports that the 5.5 server still has 2 connection agreements and the server is down and the adc cannot be located. The old server has been decommissioned, rebuilt, and re-deployed in another capacity. What can I do to resolve this? -- Go speed racer! Use AdsiEdit to remove the references to the Exch 5.5 server from AD. This article (the section on removing from AD) will point you in the right direction: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

Button on form to print report for current record
I want to put a button in my input form so it can print a report looking at only the current record I am in using2007. See names below: Input Form: CC Form Entry Unique Field: CC Number Report: Customer Complaint Form Can anyone help? thanks so much Try: DoCmd.OpenReport "Customer Complaint Form", acViewPreview, , _ "[CC Number] = " & Forms![CC Form Entry]![CC Number] -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...