to increase quantity

hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate
the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material
and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have
problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want
to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that
i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the
process, but i don't know how. Please help me.
thank you

--
sentenza
sentenza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155327.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sentenza
11/16/2009 2:18:07 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_006B_01CA66C9.46078CC0

Hi sentenza,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

A project is defined by the Uniqueness of the undertaking and therefore =
applies only to a one-off product.  For more than one it becomes =
production which will need the use of production software and not =
Project.  That being said, the only way in Project to model your =
requirement is to duplicate the project as many times as necessary and =
insert them into a master project.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

=20
  "" <sentenza.41qzjc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message =

  hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate
  the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material
  and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't =
have
  problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i =
want
  to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think =
that
  i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of =
the
  process, but i don't know how. Please help me.
  thank you

  --=20
  sentenza
  =
  sentenza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155327.htm
  View this thread: =
http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1271696.htm

  http://forums.techarena.in

------=_NextPart_000_006B_01CA66C9.46078CC0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16444"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi sentenza,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">A project is defined by the Uniqueness =
of the=20
undertaking and therefore applies only to a one-off product.&nbsp; For =
more than=20
one it becomes production which will need the use of production software =
and not=20
Project.&nbsp; That being said, the only way&nbsp;in Project to model =
your=20
requirement is to duplicate the project as many times as necessary and =
insert=20
them into a master project.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:sentenza.41qzjc@DoNotSpam.com">sentenza.41qzjc@DoNotSpam.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:sentenza.41qzjc@DoNotSpam.com">news:sentenza.41qzjc@DoNotSpa=
m.com</A>...</DIV><BR>hello=20
  everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to =
calculate<BR>the=20
  delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of =
material<BR>and the=20
  time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't =
have<BR>problem to=20
  create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want<BR>to =
create a=20
  gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that<BR>i have =
to use=20
  a function that increase the duration of each step of the<BR>process, =
but i=20
  don't know how. Please help me.<BR>thank you<BR><BR><BR>--=20
  =
<BR>sentenza<BR>---------------------------------------------------------=
---------------<BR>sentenza's=20
  Profile: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://forums.techarena.in/members/155327.htm">http://forums.tech=
arena.in/members/155327.htm</A><BR>View=20
  this thread: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1271696.htm">http://=
forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1271696.htm</A><BR><BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://forums.techarena.in">http://forums.techarena.in</A><BR></B=
LOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006B_01CA66C9.46078CC0--

0
Mike
11/16/2009 2:29:58 PM
Any suggestion to create a macro to multiply each duration for a factor
x?

--
sentenza
sentenza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155327.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1271696.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sentenza
11/16/2009 3:55:10 PM
Hi,

Sub MPlyDur
for each job in activeproject.tasks
if not job is nothing then
if not job.summary then
job.duration=job.duration*multiplier
end if
end if
next job
end sub

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"sentenza" <sentenza.41r53b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Any suggestion to create a macro to multiply each duration for a factor
> x?
>

> --
> sentenza
> sentenza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155327.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1271696.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Jan
11/16/2009 8:03:29 PM
thank you! very useful

--
sentenza
sentenza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155327.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1271696.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sentenza

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

Help
I am using store ops version 1.3.1010. We are using a windows and not an OPOS printer for our receipt printing. When we post a transaction, I would like the cashier to have the ability to enter how many copies of receipt to print before it prints. To do this I added the PrintReceipt hook to my windows registry, and have code added to my custom DLL that is triggered when this hook is activated. That piece is working fine. My code contains the following lines: Dim MyCount as Integer MyCount = InputBox("Enter receipt quantity", "Receipt Quantity") posSession.Configu...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Receiving cannot see changes to P.O. quantities or scheduled date
We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP version 9.0 Receiving cannot see changes to P.O. Line Item Quantities in Dynamics GP nor can they see the scheduled dates for each of the P.O. Line Items. This creates a problem because Purchasing will create a Blanket P.O. with several lines/quantities for the same part with different scheduled dock dates. Receiving does not see those scheduled dock dates and receives in the wrong line item which causes confusion in Purchasing. Also, if a quantity is changed on a P.O. line item, the Receiving end only sees the original quantity - not the updated quanti...

Determining Quantity and Keeping a Constant
I have two different questions. First, I need to know what function to enter to determine how many quantities of a particular item exist on a spreadsheet. For example, if I wanted to know how many number existed in C1-C100 that were within the range of $$200-$1000, how would I enter that function. Logically, it might be =QTY((C1:C100)>=200, <=1000) But, I need to know what it actually should be! Also, I need to know how to keep one cell a constant in a function that i am repeating. For example, the function that I want in C5 is "=B5/I4". Well, in C6 i...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Increasing alphabectically
Windows XP and Excel 2003 The first time through the program should read: With Active Sheet .First = Sheets("Rates").Range("B2") .Second = Sheets("Rates").Range("B3:B186") End With The next time through the Ranges should read "C2" and "C3:C186" Then next time "D2" and "D3:D186" and so on until it reaches "X2"and "X3:X186" Can someone suggest a good way to do this. Please. You could use index values rather than th...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

Using CSocket with CSocketFile Increases memory usage
Hello All, I am using CSocket derived class with CSocketFile. After I run the application for 6 hours the memory increases in Task Manager by 30000K. The messages sent per second is 30.Has anybody seen such a issue. Regards Partha No, but there are so many problems with CSocket and CSocketFile that it is probably a Really Bad Idea to have used them at all, for any purpose. It sounds like you are not successfully closing some resource. But you would be a lot better off getting rid of them entirely. CSocket is known to be buggy, for example. joe On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:30:47 -0700 (PDT),...

Increasing field size in detail inquiry
I would like to increase the size of one of the fields in the account area of detail inquiry. Right now the W in account number W-123-4567-33-us looks like a V. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave, You might have done this already but maybe not. Did you go to the Account Format Setup window and for your first account segment change the Display Width from "standard" to "Expansion 3"? That should do the trick for you. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no righ...

increasing arguments
I'm performing a simple addition calculation for material that is neste within other data, therefore i am unable to simpley sum the entir column........ Currently its telling me i have too many arguments......... =SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110,N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58,N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22) that is a total of 32 cells notated.......how can i increase th argument level from 30 to 32 or 33 ? Your assistance is greatl appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...

Increasing font size in replies
What would cause font sizes to increase each time an email is replied to? For example A sends email to B B replys to A and so on. The first email is now a huge font, the reply a little smaller and so on until the current email reached where it is a normal size. An email printed should only take 4-5 pages now takes about 30! RD Does this happen when a message travels over a Notes connector? >-----Original Message----- >What would cause font sizes to increase each time an email is replied to? > > For example A sends email to B B replys to A and so on. The first email is >...

Increase Potential
ACTING FOR THE NON ACTOR WITH AWARD WINNING ACTOR/WRITER/DIRECTOR/TEACHER MICHAEL COLE DINELLI www.gravitywavefilms.com Employ the tools of the Actor to enhance your communication creative skills in business, relationships, and everyday life. Learn the exercises and acting techniques the professionals use for their work in movies and stage. These classes are designed for the non-pro to be informative, great fun, and bring out the best in you weather you are a salesman, attorney, teacher, or just looking for something fun and therapeutic. Conquer your fear of public speaking and ...

Purchase Order Generator
Customer would like to setup Order Multiples for PO Generator. There is an option on the Item Vendor Maintenance window (Cards-Inventory-Vendors) and on the Item Resource Planning Maintenance window (Cards-Inventory-Item Resource Planning). However when generating purchase orders the system does not look at either of these quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

Percentage increase in excel
Hi, I have a column showing profit over one year and i would like to calculate the percentage increase each month. For example my columns might be as follows. Jan - �3000 Feb - �4500 Mar - �7000 Apr - �9000 etc. So i need to calculate the percentage increase from Jan to Feb and so on. Does anybody know the formula? Thanks -- fibregrid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fibregrid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25707 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401911 fibregri...

Increase Report Options in Report Group Window
Currently under the Reports - Financial - Groups window there are only 32 reports in the Report Options box. We have more than 32 reports set up, we would like to see all of the reports in order to put them into a group. We only need to add 10-15 reports into the group, but we need to see all of the reports we have set up. We would utilize the Group Reporting option more if we were able to see all of our reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

Increase Max Value of Spinner
The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions. You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message news:sdw0g.3416$oQ2.301@trnddc05... > The Maximum Value of the "Spinner"...

Increase of spam
Hello All, For quite a while I have managed to keep a lid on spam where that my peak of spam would be approximately 2 or 3 per day. There would be the rarity that I would receive 5 of them. Part of this is that I ensure to all my friends never to send me those "joke" e-mails where they automatically forward them to everyone that is in their address book into their "To:" box. This position has been for a number of years. You might can say that I am rather "authoritive" about this procedure. Putting all this aside, Microsoft Outlook 2007 has done a great...

How can I increase the character capcity of an Excel cell?
The current maximum is about 1,100. Excel can hold 32k characters of text and around 1000 in a formula. You can't change this fact of life. -- Jim "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442F16AB-1C7A-45CD-9A6F-E2C8282A2CDC@microsoft.com... | The current maximum is about 1,100. You can increase the ability of the cell to *display* more characters (cell can *contain* approx. 32,000) by strategically inserting forced line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) within the text. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please kee...

Is there a way to increase the storage space for Rules?
We have run into a problem with Exchange 2003 where it keeps giving a user a message that "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and have been deactivated." The user states that if he deletes a rule then checks this rule it works. So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the rule and he wants to increase the storage of the rules for him. How or can we even do that? Thanks, Jeff It is a hard coded limit... "Jeff" <jdiaz@p1fs.com> wrote in message news:bjW4e.31868$Pc.23177@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > We have run into a proble...

IV00102 summary quantities...
Anyone know how the iv00102 summary quantities are calculated? Specifically, the ATYALLOC and QTYBKORD (quantities allocated and backordered)? I have tried looking at the sop10100/sop10200 values for any open or backordered orders, and can account for roughly 1/3 of the summary values kept in the IV00102 tables. Any thoughts? ...

varying quantity of address labels
Hi all I have been supplied with a database that has 200 records: Name, Number of copies (magazines). Mr Smith, 80 Mrs Jones, 120 Miss Brown, 55 etc I need to print address labels to attach to each magazine Therefore Mr Smith = 80 labels, Mrs Jones = 120 labels How is this best achieved All the best Garry Garry wrote: >I have been supplied with a database that has 200 records: > >Name, Number of copies (magazines). > >Mr Smith, 80 >Mrs Jones, 120 >Miss Brown, 55 etc > >I need to print address labels to attach to each magazine > >Therefor...

Want to Increase Prices by Percent
New to this. Am using Office-Excel 2000. Have entered three columns of prices for company (List, Dealer, Distributor). Prices will increase next month. How do I increase all rows (example C3-C50) by 10 percent? Will need to do this for all three columns. -- ShirleyF one way 1.. In an empty cell, enter the number that you want to multiply by..... 1.10 2.. Select that cell, and on the Edit menu, click Copy. 3.. Select the whole range of numbers that you want to multiply. 4.. On the Edit menu, click Paste Special. 5.. Under Operation, click Multiply. 6.. Click OK. 7.. Delete th...