Task Usage View to Excel

I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view (task
list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.  I first started using
the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might add to get this into
excel.  Then I started printing to pdf and using able2extract to port into
excel.  I am curious what others are using.  This is a must do for my org.
I have checked the developer group and have not found anything that ports the
view out exactly as it is seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so
modification is not an option for me.

I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.

Thanks fo your inputs.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out Reports > Visual Reports > Resource Usage, then select the second
tab of the resulting worksheet.  That's a pivot table which should have close
to what you're looking for.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view
> (task list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.  I first
> started using the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might
> add to get this into excel.  Then I started printing to pdf and using
> able2extract to port into excel.  I am curious what others are using.
> This is a must do for my org.    I have checked the developer group
> and have not found anything that ports the view out exactly as it is
> seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so modification is not an
> option for me.
>
> I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.
>
> Thanks fo your inputs.

0
Andrew
4/6/2010 6:34:04 PM
Sorry - That'll get you the data by resource.  If you want tasks, check out
the Assignment Usage report.  Resources can be added to that PivotTable as
well.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view
> (task list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.  I first
> started using the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might
> add to get this into excel.  Then I started printing to pdf and using
> able2extract to port into excel.  I am curious what others are using.
> This is a must do for my org.    I have checked the developer group
> and have not found anything that ports the view out exactly as it is
> seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so modification is not an
> option for me.
>
> I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.
>
> Thanks fo your inputs.

0
Andrew
4/6/2010 6:38:05 PM
Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.  I am using MS Project 2003 and Visual reports is not
an option.  And I have to have the data exactly as it is presented in the
Task Usage View with the TP Data.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Check out Reports > Visual Reports > Resource Usage, then select the second
> tab of the resulting worksheet.  That's a pivot table which should have close
> to what you're looking for.
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view
> > (task list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.  I first
> > started using the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might
> > add to get this into excel.  Then I started printing to pdf and using
> > able2extract to port into excel.  I am curious what others are using.
> > This is a must do for my org.    I have checked the developer group
> > and have not found anything that ports the view out exactly as it is
> > seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so modification is not an
> > option for me.
> >
> > I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.
> >
> > Thanks fo your inputs.
> >

> .

Andrew,

I have already exhausted all those avenues.  I need project viewer or
something like that which I can port to excel the exact task usage view w/tp
data.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> You might play with the options to Save As Excel or Save As Excel PivotTable.
>  Not sure if that will get you there, but that's the best I can think of
> then.
>
> Just do Save As, and it will kick off the wizard....
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Andrew,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.  I am using MS Project 2003 and Visual reports
> > is not an option.  And I have to have the data exactly as it is
> > presented in the Task Usage View with the TP Data.
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
> >
> >> Check out Reports > Visual Reports > Resource Usage, then select the
> >> second tab of the resulting worksheet.  That's a pivot table which
> >> should have close to what you're looking for.
> >>
> >> - Andrew Lavinsky
> >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> >> .
> >>

> .

Doesn't give the entire view.  Analyze TS data limits the fields that you are
allowed to export.  It will give you the monthly totals, but in the task list
the work is not broken down by resource.  I need the task name and each
resource broken down by their TP hours.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Hold the horses.  As I recall, in 2003, there was an option to Analyze Timescaled
> Data in Excel.  It was on the Analysis toolbar.  That may get you there.
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > You might play with the options to Save As Excel or Save As Excel
> > PivotTable.
> > Not sure if that will get you there, but that's the best I can think
> > of
> > then.
> > Just do Save As, and it will kick off the wizard....
> >
> > - Andrew Lavinsky
> > Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >> Andrew,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your reply.  I am using MS Project 2003 and Visual reports
> >> is not an option.  And I have to have the data exactly as it is
> >> presented in the Task Usage View with the TP Data.

> .

Hi,

If the Analyze timescaled data in Excel option doesn't do it for you then
VBA is your only choice. The sample module from my book on MSDN shows how to
export time phased data to Excel:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355231.aspx

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"JonM" <JonM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view
> (task
> list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.  I first started
> using
> the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might add to get this
> into
> excel.  Then I started printing to pdf and using able2extract to port into
> excel.  I am curious what others are using.  This is a must do for my org.
> I have checked the developer group and have not found anything that ports
> the
> view out exactly as it is seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so
> modification is not an option for me.
>
> I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.
>
> Thanks fo your inputs.

> signature database 5005 (20100406) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5005 (20100406) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CAD62E.FDC7A640

Hi Jon,

Please see FAQ Item: 16. Project Viewer.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address:  http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP
=20
  "JonM" <JonM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Andrew,

  I have already exhausted all those avenues.  I need project viewer or=20
  something like that which I can port to excel the exact task usage =
view w/tp=20
  data.

  "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

  > You might play with the options to Save As Excel or Save As Excel =
PivotTable.=20
  >  Not sure if that will get you there, but that's the best I can =
think of=20
  > then.
  >=20
  > Just do Save As, and it will kick off the wizard....
  >=20
  >=20
  > - Andrew Lavinsky
  > Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
  >=20
  > > Andrew,
  > >=20
  > > Thanks for your reply.  I am using MS Project 2003 and Visual =
reports
  > > is not an option.  And I have to have the data exactly as it is
  > > presented in the Task Usage View with the TP Data.
  > >=20
  > > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
  > >=20
  > >> Check out Reports > Visual Reports > Resource Usage, then select =
the
  > >> second tab of the resulting worksheet.  That's a pivot table =
which
  > >> should have close to what you're looking for.
  > >>=20
  > >> - Andrew Lavinsky
  > >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
  > >> .
  > >>=20
  >=20
  >=20
  > .

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CAD62E.FDC7A640

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Jon,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Please see FAQ Item: 16. Project=20
Viewer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project =
MVP<BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JonM" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com">JonM@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4D588701-AF65-40E5-ADC1-FD3BB9B11BD1@microsoft.com">news:4D5=
88701-AF65-40E5-ADC1-FD3BB9B11BD1@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Andrew,<BR><B=
R>I=20
  have already exhausted all those avenues.&nbsp; I need project viewer =
or=20
  <BR>something like that which I can port to excel the exact task usage =
view=20
  w/tp <BR>data.<BR><BR>"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; You might =
play with=20
  the options to Save As Excel or Save As Excel PivotTable. =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Not=20
  sure if that will get you there, but that's the best I can think of =
<BR>&gt;=20
  then.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Just do Save As, and it will kick off the=20
  wizard....<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; - Andrew Lavinsky<BR>&gt; Blog: =
<A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm">http://blogs.catapultsystem=
s.com/epm</A><BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt; Andrew,<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; Thanks for your =
reply.&nbsp;=20
  I am using MS Project 2003 and Visual reports<BR>&gt; &gt; is not an=20
  option.&nbsp; And I have to have the data exactly as it is<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  presented in the Task Usage View with the TP Data.<BR>&gt; &gt; =
<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Check out =
Reports &gt;=20
  Visual Reports &gt; Resource Usage, then select the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
second=20
  tab of the resulting worksheet.&nbsp; That's a pivot table =
which<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; should have close to what you're looking for.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; - Andrew Lavinsky<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Blog: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm">http://blogs.catapultsystem=
s.com/epm</A><BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; I was wondering what other folks were using to get the =
task=20
  usage<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; view (task list with monthly time phased =
work)=20
  ported into excel.&nbsp; I<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; first started using =
the copy=20
  paste function, with a lot of clean up<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; I might =
add to get=20
  this into excel.&nbsp; Then I started printing to pdf<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;&gt; and=20
  using able2extract to port into excel.&nbsp; I am curious what =
others<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; are using. This is a must do for my =
org.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have=20
  checked the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; developer group and have not found =
anything=20
  that ports the view out<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; exactly as it is seen in =
Task=20
  Usage.&nbsp; I am not a programmer so<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =
modification is not=20
  an option for me.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; I am =
hoping to=20
  find a companion product that will do this.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks fo your inputs.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  .<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
..<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CAD62E.FDC7A640--

0
Mike
4/7/2010 7:47:44 AM
Rod,

Thanks for the pointer.  However, as I stated in my opening post, I am not a
coder.  I can copy and paste and get things to sometimes work, but a
modification is not going to work for me.  Given that, I am only seeking an
additional application that will take the task usage view, as is with
timescaled data and port it over to excel.  I need the task list in
hierarchical order with each resource listed under their respected task(s)
with the corresponding hours per month.  We port this view out to use as our
proposal.  If I cannot find a resolution, I am afraid that mgmt will revert
to trying to use Excel as the scheduling tool.  We both know that will be a
nightmare.  I know that I can't be the only one who uses this view for this
and probably other purposes.  Just trying to find out what methods/tools
other are using to accomplish this.  Maybe the Excel pros can help.

Cheers!

Jon

As

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If the Analyze timescaled data in Excel option doesn't do it for you then
> VBA is your only choice. The sample module from my book on MSDN shows how to
> export time phased data to Excel:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355231.aspx
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "JonM" <JonM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view
> > (task
> > list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.  I first started
> > using
> > the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might add to get this
> > into
> > excel.  Then I started printing to pdf and using able2extract to port into
> > excel.  I am curious what others are using.  This is a must do for my org.
> > I have checked the developer group and have not found anything that ports
> > the
> > view out exactly as it is seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so
> > modification is not an option for me.
> >
> > I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.
> >
> > Thanks fo your inputs.

> > signature database 5005 (20100406) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5005 (20100406) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

I don't think 2007 will give me the complete view.
Name          Work
Task              10
   R1               8
   R2               2

If you know a report that captures this functionality please advise so I can
research and propose to my manager that we upgrade.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Just buy a version of 2007 as your "reporting tool."  They should be relatively
> cheap to find these days with 2010 coming out.
>
> Visual Reports will do all of that.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Rod,
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer.  However, as I stated in my opening post, I am
> > not a coder.  I can copy and paste and get things to sometimes work,
> > but a modification is not going to work for me.  Given that, I am only
> > seeking an additional application that will take the task usage view,
> > as is with timescaled data and port it over to excel.  I need the task
> > list in hierarchical order with each resource listed under their
> > respected task(s) with the corresponding hours per month.  We port
> > this view out to use as our proposal.  If I cannot find a resolution,
> > I am afraid that mgmt will revert to trying to use Excel as the
> > scheduling tool.  We both know that will be a nightmare.  I know that
> > I can't be the only one who uses this view for this and probably other
> > purposes.  Just trying to find out what methods/tools other are using
> > to accomplish this.  Maybe the Excel pros can help.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > As
> >
> > "Rod Gill" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> If the Analyze timescaled data in Excel option doesn't do it for you
> >> then VBA is your only choice. The sample module from my book on MSDN
> >> shows how to export time phased data to Excel:
> >>
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355231.aspx
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Rod Gill
> >> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
> >> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
> >> http://www.projectvbabook.com
> >>
> >> "JonM" <JonM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
> >> signature database 5005 (20100406) __________
> >>
> >> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
> >>
> >> http://www.eset.com
> >>
> >> .
> >>

> .

Mike,

I tried all these viewer and nothing will get me what I need.  The picutre
doesn't help either since I need the data in a format that can be
manipulated.  Any ideas on a utility?

"Mike Glen" wrote:

> [...]
>   > >>> I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage
>   > >>> view (task list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.
>   > >>> first started using the copy paste function, with a lot of clean
> up
>   > >>> I might add to get this into excel.  Then I started printing to
> pdf
>   > >>> and using able2extract to port into excel.  I am curious what
> others
>   > >>> are using. This is a must do for my org.    I have checked the
>   > >>> developer group and have not found anything that ports the view
> out
>   > >>> exactly as it is seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer so
>   > >>> modification is not an option for me.
>   > >>>
>   > >>> I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CAD69E.3F44A2C0

I have no other recommendations, but our Companion Products page lists =
many more which might be of use to you.

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  Mike,

  I tried all these viewer and nothing will get me what I need.  The =
picutre=20
  doesn't help either since I need the data in a format that can be=20

  "Mike Glen" wrote:

> [...]
  > out
  >   > >>> exactly as it is seen in Task Usage.  I am not a programmer =
so
  >   > >>> modification is not an option for me.
  >   > >>>
  >   > >>> I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.
  >   > >>>
  >   > >>> Thanks fo your inputs.
  >   > >>>
  >   > >> .
  >   > >>
  >   >
  >   >
  >   > .
  >   >

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CAD69E.3F44A2C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">I have no other recommendations, but =
our=20
Companion Products page lists many more which might be of use to=20
you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JonM" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com">JonM@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:A0C37E3B-98AB-4BD7-8FE9-0296F5A706B0@microsoft.com">news:A0C=
37E3B-98AB-4BD7-8FE9-0296F5A706B0@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Mike,<BR><BR>=
I=20
  tried all these viewer and nothing will get me what I need.&nbsp; The =
picutre=20
  <BR>doesn't help either since I need the data in a format that can be=20
  <BR>manipulated.&nbsp; Any ideas on a utility?<BR><BR>"Mike Glen"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Hi Jon,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Please see FAQ Item: 16. =
Project=20
  Viewer.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; FAQs, companion products and other useful =
Project=20
  information can be seen<BR>&gt; at this web address:&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A><BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; See <A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A>=20
  for my free Project Tutorials<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Hope this helps - =
please let us=20
  know how you get on :-)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Mike Glen<BR>&gt; Project =
MVP<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "JonM" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com">JonM@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4D588701-AF65-40E5-ADC1-FD3BB9B11BD1@microsoft.com">news:4D5=
88701-AF65-40E5-ADC1-FD3BB9B11BD1@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  Andrew,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have already exhausted all =
those=20
  avenues.&nbsp; I need project viewer or<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; something =
like=20
  that which I can port to excel the exact task usage view<BR>&gt;=20
  w/tp<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; data.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Andrew =
Lavinsky"=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; You might play with the =
options to=20
  Save As Excel or Save As Excel<BR>&gt; PivotTable.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  &gt;&nbsp; Not sure if that will get you there, but that's the best I =
can=20
  think<BR>&gt; of<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; then.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Just do Save As, and it will kick off =
the=20
  wizard....<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; - Andrew Lavinsky<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt; Blog:=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm">http://blogs.catapultsystem=
s.com/epm</A><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Andrew,<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Thanks for your reply.&nbsp; I am =
using MS=20
  Project 2003 and Visual<BR>&gt; reports<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; =
is not=20
  an option.&nbsp; And I have to have the data exactly as it=20
  is<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; presented in the Task Usage View with =
the TP=20
  Data.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; =
"Andrew=20
  Lavinsky" wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; Check out Reports &gt; Visual Reports &gt; Resource Usage, =
then=20
  select<BR>&gt; the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt; second tab of the =

  resulting worksheet.&nbsp; That's a pivot table =
which<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; should have close to what you're looking =
for.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt; - Andrew=20
  Lavinsky<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt; Blog: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm">http://blogs.catapultsystem=
s.com/epm</A><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; I was wondering what other folks were using to get =
the task=20
  usage<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; view (task list with =
monthly time=20
  phased work) ported into excel.<BR>&gt; I<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; first started using the copy paste function, with a lot =
of=20
  clean<BR>&gt; up<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; I might add to =
get this=20
  into excel.&nbsp; Then I started printing to<BR>&gt; =
pdf<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; and using able2extract to port into excel.&nbsp; I =
am=20
  curious what<BR>&gt; others<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; are =
using.=20
  This is a must do for my org.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have checked=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; developer group and have not =
found=20
  anything that ports the view<BR>&gt; out<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  exactly as it is seen in Task Usage.&nbsp; I am not a programmer=20
  so<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; modification is not an option =
for=20
  me.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; I am hoping to find a companion product that will do=20
  this.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks fo your inputs.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&gt; .<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; .<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CAD69E.3F44A2C0--

0
Mike
4/7/2010 9:04:08 PM
There isn't a tool that does this, but Project 2003's Export Timephased Data
to Excel utility gets close. Your only solution is VBA if Project 2007's
Visual Reports does not work.

The Timephased code in book provides most of what you need. Contact me
offline if you want me to program a solution for you.

Rod.Gill AT project-systems DOT co DOT nz
--

> I don't think 2007 will give me the complete view.
> Name          Work
> Task              10
>   R1               8
>   R2               2
>
> If you know a report that captures this functionality please advise so I
> can
> research and propose to my manager that we upgrade.
>
> "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
>
>> Just buy a version of 2007 as your "reporting tool."  They should be
>> relatively
>> cheap to find these days with 2010 coming out.
>>
>> Visual Reports will do all of that.
>>
>> - Andrew Lavinsky
>> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>>
>> > Rod,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the pointer.  However, as I stated in my opening post, I am
>> > not a coder.  I can copy and paste and get things to sometimes work,
>> > but a modification is not going to work for me.  Given that, I am only
>> > seeking an additional application that will take the task usage view,
>> > as is with timescaled data and port it over to excel.  I need the task
>> > list in hierarchical order with each resource listed under their
>> > respected task(s) with the corresponding hours per month.  We port
>> > this view out to use as our proposal.  If I cannot find a resolution,
>> > I am afraid that mgmt will revert to trying to use Excel as the
>> > scheduling tool.  We both know that will be a nightmare.  I know that
>> > I can't be the only one who uses this view for this and probably other
>> > purposes.  Just trying to find out what methods/tools other are using
>> > to accomplish this.  Maybe the Excel pros can help.
>> >
>> > Cheers!
>> >
>> > Jon
>> >
>> > As

>> .

> signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
4/7/2010 9:29:13 PM
Rod,
This is what I had suspected.  Microsoft reports gives you almost the all
the  information to pull this together, but not quiet.

I find it surprising that Microsoft hasn't made this available.  I have
worked at several different small businesses and they all try to use the
Microsoft products to do proposals and schedule tracking as well as EVMS.
And at all of these companies we have had to resort to the copy, paste and
then all the formatting in MS Excel to make the data useful.

It would seem to me that Microsoft would develop this add in so that the MS
Proj data would would integrate smoothly into Excel providing a complete
solution.

During my searches on the various news groups I have seen numerous posts
pertaining to this.

Hopefully in the future this will be accomplished by someone.

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> There isn't a tool that does this, but Project 2003's Export Timephased Data
> to Excel utility gets close. Your only solution is VBA if Project 2007's
> Visual Reports does not work.
>
> The Timephased code in book provides most of what you need. Contact me
> offline if you want me to program a solution for you.
>
> Rod.Gill AT project-systems DOT co DOT nz
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "JonM" <JonM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't think 2007 will give me the complete view.
> > Name          Work
> > Task              10
> >   R1               8
> >   R2               2
> >
> > If you know a report that captures this functionality please advise so I
> > can
> > research and propose to my manager that we upgrade.
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
> >
> >> Just buy a version of 2007 as your "reporting tool."  They should be
> >> relatively
> >> cheap to find these days with 2010 coming out.
> >>
> >> Visual Reports will do all of that.
> >>
> >> - Andrew Lavinsky
> >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> >> .

> > signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Rod's offered his help. An opportunity not to be missed, I think.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 08/04/10 20:36, JonM wrote:
> Rod,
> This is what I had suspected.  Microsoft reports gives you almost the all
> the  information to pull this together, but not quiet.
>
> I find it surprising that Microsoft hasn't made this available.  I have
> worked at several different small businesses and they all try to use the
> Microsoft products to do proposals and schedule tracking as well as EVMS.
> And at all of these companies we have had to resort to the copy, paste and
> then all the formatting in MS Excel to make the data useful.
>
> It would seem to me that Microsoft would develop this add in so that the MS
> Proj data would would integrate smoothly into Excel providing a complete
> solution.
>
> During my searches on the various news groups I have seen numerous posts
> pertaining to this.
>
> Hopefully in the future this will be accomplished by someone.
>
> "Rod Gill" wrote:
>
>> There isn't a tool that does this, but Project 2003's Export Timephased Data
>> to Excel utility gets close. Your only solution is VBA if Project 2007's
>> Visual Reports does not work.
>>
>> The Timephased code in book provides most of what you need. Contact me
>> offline if you want me to program a solution for you.
>>
>> Rod.Gill AT project-systems DOT co DOT nz
>> --
>>
>> Rod Gill
>> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>>
>> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>>

>> "JonM"<JonM@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote in message
>>> I don't think 2007 will give me the complete view.
>>> Name          Work
>>> Task              10
>>>    R1               8
>>>    R2               2
>>>
>>> If you know a report that captures this functionality please advise so I
>>> can
>>> research and propose to my manager that we upgrade.

>>> signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>

>> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

>> http://www.eset.com
>>

>> .

0
Rob

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAD7D8.53817020

Hi Jon,

Why not tell Microsoft directly?  Try the bottom left of this page:=20
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/project/default.aspx

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  Rod,
  This is what I had suspected.  Microsoft reports gives you almost the =
all=20
  the  information to pull this together, but not quiet.

  I find it surprising that Microsoft hasn't made this available.  I =
have=20
  worked at several different small businesses and they all try to use =
the=20
  Microsoft products to do proposals and schedule tracking as well as =
EVMS. =20
  And at all of these companies we have had to resort to the copy, paste =
and=20
  then all the formatting in MS Excel to make the data useful.

  It would seem to me that Microsoft would develop this add in so that =
the MS=20
  Proj data would would integrate smoothly into Excel providing a =
complete=20
  solution.

  During my searches on the various news groups I have seen numerous =
posts=20
  pertaining to this.=20

  "Rod Gill" wrote:

  > There isn't a tool that does this, but Project 2003's Export =
Timephased Data=20
  > to Excel utility gets close. Your only solution is VBA if Project =
2007's=20
  > Visual Reports does not work.
  >=20
  > The Timephased code in book provides most of what you need. Contact =
me=20
  > offline if you want me to program a solution for you.
  >=20
  > Rod.Gill AT project-systems DOT co DOT nz
  > --=20
  >=20
  > Rod Gill
  > Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
  >=20
  > Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: =
http://www.projectvbabook.com
  >=20
  >=20
  >=20
  >=20
  > "JonM" <JonM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  > > I don't think 2007 will give me the complete view.
  > > Name          Work
  > > Task              10
  > >   R1               8
  > >   R2               2
  > >
  > > If you know a report that captures this functionality please =
advise so I=20
  > > can
  > > research and propose to my manager that we upgrade.
  > >
  > > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
  > >
  > >> Just buy a version of 2007 as your "reporting tool."  They should =
be=20
  > >> relatively
  > >> cheap to find these days with 2010 coming out.
  > >>
  > >> Visual Reports will do all of that.
  > >>
  > >> - Andrew Lavinsky
  > >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

  > >> .
  > >>

  > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus=20
  > > signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

  > > http://www.eset.com
  > >

  > >=20
  >=20
  > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus =
signature database 5008 (20100407) __________
  >=20
  >=20
  > http://www.eset.com
  >=20
  >=20
  >=20
  > .

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAD7D8.53817020

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Jon,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Why not tell Microsoft directly?&nbsp; =
Try the=20
bottom left of this page: </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><A=20
title=3D"http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/project/default.aspx&#10;CTRL =
+ Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/project/default.aspx">http://of=
fice.microsoft.com/en-gb/project/default.aspx</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JonM" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com">JonM@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:2FCA80FD-B601-42E9-8BD6-810962D6CAA6@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:2FCA80FD-B601-42E9-8BD6-810962D6CAA6@microsoft.com">news:2FC=
A80FD-B601-42E9-8BD6-810962D6CAA6@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Rod,<BR>This =

  is what I had suspected.&nbsp; Microsoft reports gives you almost the =
all=20
  <BR>the&nbsp; information to pull this together, but not =
quiet.<BR><BR>I find=20
  it surprising that Microsoft hasn't made this available.&nbsp; I have=20
  <BR>worked at several different small businesses and they all try to =
use the=20
  <BR>Microsoft products to do proposals and schedule tracking as well =
as=20
  EVMS.&nbsp; <BR>And at all of these companies we have had to resort to =
the=20
  copy, paste and <BR>then all the formatting in MS Excel to make the =
data=20
  useful.<BR><BR>It would seem to me that Microsoft would develop this =
add in so=20
  that the MS <BR>Proj data would would integrate smoothly into Excel =
providing=20
  a complete <BR>solution.<BR><BR>During my searches on the various news =
groups=20
  I have seen numerous posts <BR>pertaining to this. <BR><BR>Hopefully =
in the=20
  future this will be accomplished by someone.<BR><BR>"Rod Gill"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; There isn't a tool that does this, but Project =
2003's=20
  Export Timephased Data <BR>&gt; to Excel utility gets close. Your only =

  solution is VBA if Project 2007's <BR>&gt; Visual Reports does not=20
  work.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The Timephased code in book provides most of =
what you=20
  need. Contact me <BR>&gt; offline if you want me to program a solution =
for=20
  you.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Rod.Gill AT project-systems DOT co DOT =
nz<BR>&gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Rod Gill<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP for Project - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.project-systems.co.nz">http://www.project-systems.co.n=
z</A><BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.projectvbabook.com">http://www.projectvbabook.com</A><=
BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "JonM" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com">JonM@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:6CCB94B3-73B6-49C9-8430-D017FA35750A@microsoft.com">news:6CC=
B94B3-73B6-49C9-8430-D017FA35750A@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; I don't think 2007 will give me the complete view.<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  Name&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Work<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  =
Task&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;=20
  10<BR>&gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  =
R1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  8<BR>&gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  =
R2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  2<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; If you know a report that captures this=20
  functionality please advise so I <BR>&gt; &gt; can<BR>&gt; &gt; =
research and=20
  propose to my manager that we upgrade.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; =
"Andrew=20
  Lavinsky" wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Just buy a version of =
2007 as=20
  your "reporting tool."&nbsp; They should be <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
  relatively<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; cheap to find these days with 2010 coming=20
  out.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Visual Reports will do all of=20
  that.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; - Andrew Lavinsky<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  Blog: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm">http://blogs.catapultsystem=
s.com/epm</A><BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Rod,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt; Thanks for the pointer.&nbsp; However, as I stated in my opening =
post, I=20
  am<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; not a coder.&nbsp; I can copy and paste and =
get=20
  things to sometimes work,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; but a modification is =
not=20
  going to work for me.&nbsp; Given that, I am only<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
  seeking an additional application that will take the task usage =
view,<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt; as is with timescaled data and port it over to =
excel.&nbsp; I=20
  need the task<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; list in hierarchical order with =
each=20
  resource listed under their<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; respected task(s) =
with the=20
  corresponding hours per month.&nbsp; We port<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
this view=20
  out to use as our proposal.&nbsp; If I cannot find a =
resolution,<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt; I am afraid that mgmt will revert to trying to use Excel =
as=20
  the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; scheduling tool.&nbsp; We both know that =
will be a=20
  nightmare.&nbsp; I know that<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I can't be the only =
one who=20
  uses this view for this and probably other<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;=20
  purposes.&nbsp; Just trying to find out what methods/tools other are=20
  using<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; to accomplish this.&nbsp; Maybe the Excel =
pros can=20
  help.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Cheers!<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Jon<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
  As<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; "Rod Gill" =
wrote:<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Hi,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; If the Analyze timescaled data in Excel option =
doesn't do it=20
  for you<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; then VBA is your only choice. The =
sample=20
  module from my book on MSDN<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; shows how to =
export time=20
  phased data to Excel:<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355231.aspx">http://msd=
n.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355231.aspx</A><BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; --<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Rod Gill<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
  Microsoft MVP for Project - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.project-systems.co.nz">http://www.project-systems.co.n=
z</A><BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:<BR>&gt; =

  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.projectvbabook.com">http://www.projectvbabook.com</A><=
BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; "JonM" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JonM@discussions.microsoft.com">JonM@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0FB959F6-1981-4D3E-AF3F-E001EB6ADDC5@microsoft.com">news:0FB=
959F6-1981-4D3E-AF3F-E001EB6ADDC5@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; I was wondering what =
other=20
  folks were using to get the task usage<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  view<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; (task<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =
list=20
  with monthly time phased work) ported into excel.&nbsp; I =
first<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; started<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =
using<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up =
I might=20
  add to get<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; this<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  into<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; excel.&nbsp; Then I started =
printing to pdf=20
  and using able2extract to<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; port =
into<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; excel.&nbsp; I am curious what others are =
using.&nbsp;=20
  This is a must do for<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; my org.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; I have checked the developer group and have not found =
anything=20
  that<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; ports<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =

  the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; view out exactly as it is seen in =
Task=20
  Usage.&nbsp; I am not a programmer<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =
so<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; modification is not an option for me.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; I am hoping to find a companion product that will do=20
  this.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; =
Thanks fo=20
  your inputs.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of =
virus<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; signature database 5005 (20100406) =
__________<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; The message was =
checked by=20
  ESET Smart Security.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;&gt; <A =
href=3D"http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset.com</A><BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; __________ Information =
from=20
  ESET Smart Security, version of virus<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
signature=20
  database 5005 (20100406) __________<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset.com</A><BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; .<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =

  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; .<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, =
version of=20
  virus <BR>&gt; &gt; signature database 5008 (20100407) =
__________<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; The message was checked by ESET Smart =
Security.<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset.com</A><BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; __________ Information from ESET =
Smart=20
  Security, version of virus signature database 5008 (20100407)=20
  __________<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The message was checked by ESET Smart=20
  Security.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset.com</A><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAD7D8.53817020--

0
Mike

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

CFileDialog & Details View Problem
I am attempting to set the view of the CFileDialog's ListCtrl to "Details" (LVS_REPORT) as its default. I get a pointer to the List and set the style with ModifyStyle(). Upon loading my CFileDialog, the Details view shows up, but it is missing all the columns. If I right click in the List window suddenly the columns will show up (along with a menu). If I change folders the columns disappear again (the ListCtrl is destroyed...). Also, if I pragmatically start adding columns myself, the rows are visible (but features such as sorting and icons are not available). On MSDN under...

Service Calendar Saved Views
In CRM 3.0 you could create an advanced find view under setting - administration - user to create a group of user. Than you had have the possibility to use that view under Services - Calendar to show just the selected group of user. With CRM 4.0 that will also show the saved vie but it creates an error and show the service calendar twice. Any solution to fix that problem? ...

excel problems...
I AM IN A PANIC!!!! As of yesterday my excel program was working fine HOWEVER I just received a spreadsheet from my headquarters office that was excel BUT when I go to open it I get the following message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available." Insert the "Microsoft Office 2000 Premium" disk and click ok then when I hit cancel the following message appaers: "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft Office 2000 Premium. The Windows installer cannot continue." when I click ok at...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

how do i put a draft watermark on an excel document?
Type in watermark in XL help. The first suggested topic (at least for me): 'Add or remove a sheet background' It contains information about how XL and watermarks interact. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <BF4FB012-691F-4795-93C1-129F9FBEE013@microsoft.com>, juliholmes@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > ...

Excel Delays
When I need to go "up a level" to change folders in Excel or Word, my computer often delays for about 30 seconds. This happens whether I hit the file name or the arrow key for "up a level". How do I speed things up? I don't know that there is anything you can do within Excel. I encounter a delay too (although not as long as 30 seconds) when I'm accessing a network server with many files/folder. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "TomXYZ" <TomXYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7F529F1-5F2D-463F-A3C2-0729BC9AE63A@microsoft.com... | Wh...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

views PostMessage
I have a static spliter which contain 2 CFormview object CView1 : public CFormView CView2 : public CFormview CView1 handles UI CView2 handles displaying some application feedback I m trying to make CView1 to post a message to CView2. I used PostMessage(WM_USERMESSAGE_NOTIFYVIEW); from CView1 but the handler message inside CView2 isnt responding any help please regards Viper Can you show the exact code? You need to get a pointer to pView2 and then use PostMessage for it: ASSERT_VALID(pView2); pView2->PostMessage(WM_YOURMESSAGE); ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com See if using thi...

Is there a way to convert an excel file to html?
I would like to convert a spreadsheet I created into HTML so that others can access it. Is this possible? Tron, You can open the file with Excel, then use File - Save as web page. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Spazatron" <Spazatron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B01241D4-C0D9-4DC7-A8DA-07C88290E154@microsoft.com... > I would like to convert a spreadsheet I created into HTML so that others can > access it. Is this possible? ...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

excel time calculation
I have a cell (E9) that has calculated the hours worked 'D9-C9(D9>C9)' and an adjacent cell (F9) to convert this to decimal ('E9*24'). If there is no entry in C9 and D9, F9 reads '-24'. How do I correct this to show 0.00? John Smith wrote: > I have a cell (E9) that has calculated the hours worked 'D9-C9(D9>C9)' > and an adjacent cell (F9) to convert this to decimal ('E9*24'). If > there is no entry in C9 and D9, F9 reads '-24'. How do I correct this > to show 0.00? To do the entire job in one column: =IF(C9<D9,(D...

How do I import data from ACT! into Excel ?

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Income Counted Twice in Budget View as "Uncategorized Income"
Hello - I am using MS Money 2008 Deluxe. Recently, the budget view started counting my income twice. Specifically, it is listed correctly for the income category that I entered it into the register as. However, it also is listed as "Uncategorized Income". I've done a quick search of this group and there was some mention of the phantom bills problem. However - I don't think that is the case here since some of the income incorrectly recorded is not input through the bills (for instance - a time tax refund). It seems like this started after I got the automatic...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

MSCOMM32 Control in Excel 2003 VBA
I am experiencing very strange behaviour with the MScomm32 control in Excel 2003 VBA. The control is registered, and I can install it in my spreadsheet, but when running (via Sub Worksheet Change), it appears to execute once (I have a Belkin USB/RS232 adaptor which has status and TX/RX LEDs). On successive executions, I get error messages that the port is already open (I do set the PortOpen property to False at the end of each run), but if I do not execute the .portopen to true, it returns an error saying the port is not open!). I am using MSCOMM32.ocx version 7-26-95, I believe...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Generate C# code from Excel file (2007)
Hi all, is it possible to create an Excel formula (or something else) that, from the name of a cell (i.e "Cell Name 1"), it create me a string like: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; and this for every cells in the sheet, so I can obtain: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; public const string Cell_Name_2 = "Cell_Name_2"; public const string Cell_Name_3 = "Cell_Name_3"; ----etc------ Thanks in advance. -- Luigi Hi, in column B place the needed numbers, say B2 = 1, B3 = 2 etc. In column C place the formula...

Excel Formula #21
Thankyou McGimpsey for your quick reply appreciated, and the frormula also works -- SAMSON ...