Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook

Hi,

I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07.  I am
aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project.

Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if
there is an add-in I could purchase.

Thanks
Caz
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40

Hi Caz,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

You might like to see Companion Products and other useful Project =
information at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials=20
  "Caz" <Caz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hi,

  I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07.  =
I am=20
  aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with =
Project.

  Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or =
if=20
  there is an add-in I could purchase.

  Thanks
  Caz
------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Caz,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">You might like to =
see&nbsp;C</FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Comic Sans MS">ompanion Products and other useful Project =
information at=20
this web address: <A=20
title=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials </FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Caz" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Caz@discussions.microsoft.com">Caz@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:96677700-3E14-49EE-8FE8-D7D0B3EC1CD2@microsoft.com">news:966=
77700-3E14-49EE-8FE8-D7D0B3EC1CD2@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hi,<BR><BR>I =

  would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook =
07.&nbsp; I am=20
  <BR>aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link =
with=20
  Project.<BR><BR>Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this =
in=20
  Microsoft or if <BR>there is an add-in I could=20
purchase.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Caz</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40--

0
Mike

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Money 2003 trial version
Every time i shut down the computer money seem to uninstall.The program is still active,but when I reopen it money try to reinstall asking for it's path,and there is no way to reopen unless uninstalling and reinstalling. ...

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

Windows XP Pro
Need help trying to restore settings to allow images (.jpg, etc) to render in Outlook. ...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Why does Outlook not close when I exit?
Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme the icon remains in the Taskbar and the programme in Task Manager as a Process. Should it not close completely? I don't get enough mail to warrant it being 'on watch'. Thank you. Have you installed anything recently that interacts with Outlook that may cause it to stay running? "Joe Young" <Joe Young@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAFBAD8-045B-42B7-B033-CF268E045615@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme &g...

Error in Project Purchasing: Cannot insert Value
When I try to post project purchase shipment, I get the following message: Cannot insert the value Null into column PAQuantityPcntCompleted table CWR.dbo.PA01301. Column does not allow Nulls. I am on Great Plains 8.0 SP2. I ran the PA Conversion Utilities so that all of the stored procedures are installed correctly to be on the safe side. I am still getting this error. Please help. HI jack, Never seen this specifically in Project A/c or for that table BUT have seen it in other modules. Usually it is a result of the table strucuture/properties being changed in the database. Does thi...

Outlook 2003 & snoozing reminders
Is there somewhere in Outlook 2003 where is can see which reminders are snoozing and until when? Thanks in advance... Bob You can add the reminder fields but there isn't a way To See snooze status or times. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Installing 2007 Home and Student on system with Sm. Bus.
Simple problem with a simple solution (I hope). I have a system (XP Pro) with Office 2007 Small Business installed. I would like to install just the OneNote component from a 2007 Home and Student edition (all legally purchased). Everytime I try, the installation fails with the error "Microsoft Home and Student 2007 encountered an error during setup." I tried unchecking everything during setup except OneNote. I've tried leaving everything checked and doing a full install. I've also tried installing it to another directory besides the default. I haven...

Word 2007 TOCs Bookmarks
I am creating a chaptered manual and at the start of each chapter I would like to have a separate Table of Contents. I have used the Heading styles to format my chapters (Heading1, Heading2, Heading3). According to a tutorial I found through the on-line Help, I should be able to select all of the text in a chapter and assign it a bookmark name. Then at the location where I want the TOC for that chapter to appear, I press <CTRL+F9> and enter TOC \b bookmark-name (between the squiggly brackets). I did this for my first chapter and it worked, but I cannot get it to work fo...

What is equivalent to "acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9" in 2007 i.e .xlsx
I have a button when clicked does the following .. DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry_ExpToXl_LotNo" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Qc_details", "c: \work\QC_Details.xlsx", True transfersheet fails if I use .xlsx , i.e I could not open the spreasheet after creation, but it works fine if I give .xls extension. Any thoughts? Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201004/1 ...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Appointment activity
Hi, why is it that when you remove future appointment from Outlook calendar it also removes activity (like it should), however when you remove past appointments from Outlook it doesn´t remove activity from activity list. It doesn´t matter if both are not closed activities. Past appointments are not in sync with linked activity? I dont know the technical reason, but I can think of a good functional reason why this behaviour would exist. Appointments in the future have not yet been there. If they are cancelled, then they should be cancelled in CRM as well because the event w...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?
I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands? Thank you EXCEL 2007 Try a Surface Chart. To set one up:- Hit the F1 Help Facility Key In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts Next click on Chart types Next click on Present your data in a surface chart There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "tpmbrian" wrote: > I have some geophysical data I want...

Comparing Versions
Hi, I looked around the Microsoft Office Suite website a bit today, and I found a page that compared PREVIOUS versions against each other in sort of a table format. Here's the link : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX102144881033.aspx I like this format, but I cannot find a page that includes 2007 in the mix. There's of course links about why I should try the 2007 version but it's not a table, so I'm not readily able to see the benefits of 2007 over 2003 over other older versions. 1) Does anyone here have a link to a side-by-side comparison table for P...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Outlook "info svc.not cofigured" message???
I purchased an new PC for my wife -- and HP a200N with a 2.4 GHz Celeron and Windows XP home edition. Great machine. I since installed Office 2000 -- and all applications work just fine -- Word, Excel, etc. except OUTLOOK does not -- I use Outlook to synch our Palm Pilots, address books, etc.. I use Outlook Express for email -- which shares the phone book with Outlook and has been great on my ME machine. When I try to start Outlook it starts and gives me the "window" with Outlook 2000 but then I get a "pop-up" which states: "Personal Folder" -- The inform...

Excel 2007
I am not really sure what to call this or if it's even possible, can you freeze a row, then while scrolling down have the frozen row be replaced by another row that will be frozen and so on? For example: I freeze row 5 which has column headers. As I scroll down the spreadsheet I reach row 100, which has different column headers. Can the headers be replaced so now row 100 is frozen? But at the same time once I scroll back up above row 100 it would resort back to the headers in row 5.... Put the disparate data on sheet2 stew wrote: > I am not really sure what to...

Microsoft Outlook and Novell GroupWise
I am in my third week working at a new agency. I have been using Outlook for years. My new agency is still using Novell GroupWise. I also use Franklin Covey's PlanPlus for Outlook. PlanPlus will not work without having Outlook installed. Is it possible to install Outlook and run it in the background in order to facilitate the use of my PlanPlus for Outlook software. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Have a great week and stay safe Outlook can be used with GroupWise but you'll need to check with the IT folks at your new agency to make sure they support that co...

sey up in outlook 200
hello my name is jo jo and i am looking for some help on setting up outlook 2000. question 1 can outlook be used for home use w/o a network? question 2 i cannot seem to get outlook set up properly. i do not know what a pop3 is? i thouht i had it set up ,but i cannot get it to work. any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. i like the features in outlook bettr than what internet providers supply you with thank you for your time jo jo lost Contact your ISP for the correct account settings. They usually publish them in the FAQs on their website. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

show pages on a pivot in 2007
How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in 2003, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007. Thanks! Hi, Click on the report filter cell of the pivot and then go to Pivot Table Tools > Options > Pivot Table > Options > Show Report Filter Pages -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19AAFD1B-7101-47E2-B03E-43C79EA0B015@microsoft.com... > How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in >...

Entourage compatibility w/Outlook and BlackBerry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I currently use a Windows PC and Office 2007 for business. I spend a lot of time in Outlook, with many different folders to store emails and an archive for old ones, and I organise my life using tasks, the calendar, contacts and memos, which I then synchronise with a BlackBerry. <br><br>I'm now thinking of moving across to a MacBook Pro which will have Office for Mac, including Entourage 2008, having the data from the PC transferred at the Apple Store under their One to One pro...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Office 2000 Using Outlook 2003
Has anyone had a problem with using Office 2000 and Outlook 2003. One of our users, when trying to e-mail a document directly from word, is getting an error message that word cannot load the e-mail envelope. The user can go to file, send as attachment and it works. It just won't work when you try to send it from the word document. That is correct. That functionality only works when Word and Outlook are the same version. A mail merge from within Word doesn't work anymore either and selecting Word as the e-mail editor isn't possible as well. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij....