resource usage 01-13-10

Hi there,

Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can
display it in the left hand pane (the table section)  but can't seem to
find in the right hand pane (the timephased area).

eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month

Many thanks.

--
lk50
lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
lk50
1/13/2010 4:15:02 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nope.  Remaining work is not a timephased field I believe.

That being said, if you're updating projects correctly, remaining work should
be 0 in the past, and equal to Work in the future.  So the only month you
might have an issue is the current month, and that would already display
the Actual Work and Work - which is easy enough to compare.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can
> display it in the left hand pane (the table section)  but can't seem
> to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area).
>
> eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month
>
> Many thanks.
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Andrew
1/13/2010 5:51:17 PM
On Jan 13, 9:15=A0pm, lk50 <lk50.44q...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can
> display it in the left hand pane (the table section) =A0but can't seem to
> find in the right hand pane (the timephased area).
>
> eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month
>
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> lk50
> lk50's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Try this option. Right click the timephased area, and select "Actual
work". If the "work" and "actual work" are unequal, it indicates there
is some remaining work for that resource.

- Sai, PMP, PMI-SP, MCT, MCTS
http://saipowe.wordpress.com
0
Sai

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

GearWrench 85052 3/8-Inch Drive 10-100 Foot-Pound Micrometer Torque Wrench
Price:$175.32 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000TDEFR2 Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000TDEFR2 Good quality and has a molded case. Needed a wrench with a lower range and this is it. Works for torquing bolts on my Harley that only require 10 ft lbs. GearWrench 3/8" Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench - 10-100 Ft/LbsSpecial Sale Price! Regular price 89.95 - save $9! 10-100 ft/lbs. +/- 3% accuracy. Sealed pear head design - keeps out contaminents for superior performance and life and allows better access and strength compared to round head styles....

Assembly Re-Distribution 02-08-10
I have an app that currently relies on a number of SQL Server assemblies. These are currently referenced and included in the bin folder of the app when shipped. I understand that there are some limits on the SQL Server assemblies that may be shipped vs ones that are installed via a re-distributable installer. Please could someone help me out with finding information relating to which of the following DLL's I can re-distribute. Also confirmation of if I should be distributing them with a re-distributable installer or if I can just ship the assemblies in my execution fo...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Email 03-29-10
I am on a web page and try to create a email from it but it won't send You need to be online to send and receive anything. What exactly are you trying to do and how are you doing this. Have you setup your outlook to do what you are trying to do? We received this message from your webpage so something is definitely working! Hope this gives you food for thought. hth "upset" <upset@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ED8CF0E-0994-4307-8587-B58136646103@microsoft.com... >I am on a web page and try to create a email from it but it won...

SumProduct 02-16-10
I would like to crate a table - not using pivot tables Original table A B C Apple Green $4.00 Apple Green $2.00 Apple Red $1.00 Orange Yellow $4.00 Orange zebra $3.50 Orange zebra $1.00 Result Table Apple Green $6.00 Apple Red $1.00 Orange Yellow $4.00 Orange zebra $4.50 t...

How to install a "Communications cable between two computers" 07-15-10
I need a PPP connection thru a COM port. Going thru the New Connection Wizard XP installs a new modem "Communications cable between two computers" which is then used by a new "Direct" RAS connection. Setting up the RAS connection was easy by means of RasSetEntryProperties. But how to install the "Communications cable between two computers" modem without user interaction? Uwe Uwe Sieber wrote: > > I need a PPP connection thru a COM port. > Going thru the New Connection Wizard XP installs > a new modem "Communications ca...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

access forms 01-28-10
I am new to Access. There is an existing Access database that I am working with. I can see all the tables, queries and forms. Do forms pull data from tables or are forms their own entity that have their own data source? I was kind of under the impression that both queries and forms have to pull data from a table but I am not sure. I tried to find what the data source for a form was but i could not. All data is stored in tables. Forms have a RecordSource property which can be a table or a query, either as a saved query or as an SQL statement. A query can get data from one o...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

printing 06-05-10
In microsoft word when I click on file in the tool bar and click print it will print fast but when I click the print icon on the tool bar it prints slow. How can I set the icon to print fast always? ...

An unknown error has occured 05-11-10
Every time my email downloads I get the subject error a number of times. Once I say OK the download continues and I get all my messages. I'm not aware of an error message in Windows Mail that says "subject error". If that is not the exact error message, please copy and post the exact error message. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "adman1937" <adman1937@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3A158A86-7344-46E9-A464-4E89373F0274@microsoft.com... > Every time my ema...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

Office 10.1.5 spelling tool spasmodic refusal to add/recognize? #2
Example: In Entourage Tasks, the "add" button of the spelling tool was grayed out when it came across a new word and put a wavy red line underneath it. I then tried the same new word with Word and, again, the "add" button was grayed out. BUT, when I created a new Entourage Note and copied the same spelling into it, the "add" button was not grayed out and I was able to add the word. When I then returned to Tasks and to Word, that spelling was not recognized. Another word that had been added to the custom dictionary months ago was recognized as OK when I used...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

"Resource" has declined
One of my conference rooms returns this error for a few users but not all users. When scheduling a meeting according to the proper procedure, the resource is rejecting the meeting with the following error: "Resource" has declined your meeting because it is recurring. You must book each meeting separately with this resource. Note that: --The meeting is NOT recurring. --Other conference rooms do not exhibit this behaviour --No changes (that I am aware of) have been made to the exchange server or the resource account. ...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

hola 05-10-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01CAF03A.71E59080 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_005D_01CAF03A.71E59080" ------=_NextPart_001_005D_01CAF03A.71E59080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable D=EDa luminosohola ------=_NextPart_001_005D_01CAF03A.71E59080 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"...

deleted items #10
I have Outlook 2000. Where do the emails that I delete from the deleted folder go?? To a cache in the Microsoft Office folder?? They go bye-bye unless you're connected to an Exchange mailbox and the server is configured for deleted item retention. Note - the following may or may not work... http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm Crystal wrote: > I have Outlook 2000. Where do the emails that I delete > from the deleted folder go?? To a cache in the Microsoft > Office folder?? ...

Split Database 04-02-10
There is an Access database on a network file server that multiple users may access simultaneously. The way it is now, the database is split - but the front and back ends are both in the same network location. Multiple users access the same copy of the front end component simultaneously over the network. I may be mistaken, but I thought that when splitting the database, each client should have a local copy of the front end that is not shared with other users. Shouldn't each client have a local copy of the front end component on their computer? The back end component will alw...