Resource Sharing

I have a project named Resources.mpp.  I share it accross many other
projects.  The other projects have many task names that are the same.  When
looking at the resource.mpp file, how do I know which project the tasks are
coming from if they all have the same name?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Ben,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

Try Inserting the column for "Project" in the appropriate view.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at
this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

"Ben Davis" <BenDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a project named Resources.mpp.  I share it accross many other
> projects.  The other projects have many task names that are the same.
> When
> looking at the resource.mpp file, how do I know which project the tasks
> are
> coming from if they all have the same name?

0
Mike
3/18/2010 12:10:10 PM
Hi,

Insert the column "Project".

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Ben Davis" <BenDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a project named Resources.mpp.  I share it accross many other
> projects.  The other projects have many task names that are the same.
> When
> looking at the resource.mpp file, how do I know which project the tasks
> are
> coming from if they all have the same name?

0
Jan
3/18/2010 2:15:23 PM
Best not to give tasks the same name.
It only takes a prefix or suffix to make them all unique.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"Ben Davis" <BenDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a project named Resources.mpp.  I share it accross many other
> projects.  The other projects have many task names that are the same.
> When
> looking at the resource.mpp file, how do I know which project the tasks
> are
> coming from if they all have the same name?

0
Trevor

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Average cost per share incorrect (Money 2007 Deluxe)
I just upgraded to 2007 Deluxe and found that the average cost per share only shows a value rounded to 2 decimals even if 3 or 4 decimals are displayed on the screen. Everything after the 2nd decimals shows as zero. Is there a setting that I have not set yet? Thanks for any reply. ...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

"Resource" has declined
One of my conference rooms returns this error for a few users but not all users. When scheduling a meeting according to the proper procedure, the resource is rejecting the meeting with the following error: "Resource" has declined your meeting because it is recurring. You must book each meeting separately with this resource. Note that: --The meeting is NOT recurring. --Other conference rooms do not exhibit this behaviour --No changes (that I am aware of) have been made to the exchange server or the resource account. ...

Seeking a fundamental resource for using Visual C++ 2005 Express
I am new to Visual C++, and have some limited skills with Objective C. I have designed a user interface in Visual C++ as a Form and now want to define methods and outlets for several of the widgets in the form. I have not been able to find any meaningful (to me) resources for how to do this easily within Visual C++. The tasks include, for example, specifying the action for a button that will take input from several user-entered textboxes, performing calculations and returning the results to other textboxes for display. It is essentially a more complex version of a temperature or money ...

Leveling Resource in Linked Project
I have a "Master Schedule" that is made up from linked files that include schedules for individual projects. While in the "Master Schedule" I am trying to level the resources so no one is over allocated. When I try to level it is not working and states that one of my projects (lets say Project #3) is linked to another task that cannot move. I am not sure why this error message is coming up. I don't have it linked to anything else and all my seperate projects have predecessors so that all tasks are dependant on eachother. I am a newbie to Project and quite ...

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

"not enough resources"
Hello All: When I run the computer, after a while it runs out of resources. So gradually I have to close the programs and eventually I need to restart the computer. By run out of resources I mean I can�t copy and paste, or open a new IE tab, or open a program and run it or print something. Sometimes I get the message �not enough resources� . As I said it becomes so bad that I need to restart the computer. I have ran CCleaner and cleaned up the 958.2MB detritus in the system and a few times ran cleaning the registry. Also ran CHKDSK command. Only once after running CCleaner and ...

Resources
We have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003, 2000 and XP users. We have setup Resources (i.e.: company Projector) for users to check out. We know that you can book an appointment with the projector as a resource, this will allow the computer to let you know if the resource is booked. It is very cumbersome for users to find out the schedule of the resources. Is there a way to use Public Folders as either a link to the Calendar of the resource, or as the resource itself? Our thinking is that this would allow the users to quickly view the calendar with only one quick click rather than going ...

Reading custom-defined resource
Hello group, I have created a custom-defined resource for my application by adding the following to my .rc file: NAME_WIDTH TYPE_CUSTOM BEGIN 0x4321 END where NAME_WIDTH is the ID name of the resource and TYPE_CUSTOM is the type of the resource. Now, what I want is to read the value 0x4321 from my application. How can I do this? I know that for a string resource, I can call CString::LoadString(IDS_MYSTRING), for example, to get the string resource identified by IDS_MYSTRING. How can I do it for my custom-defined resource to get its value? A sample code or any other reference wi...

Share calender info in Exch2003/Outlook2003
Hi I'm not sure if this is the right group for this question, but I'll try. Is there are way to either check which users has set the "Share my calender" permissions in Outlook or a way to set it generally for everybody? We have just rolled out Exchange2003 with Outlook 2003 to all of our users, and we have then told them to go into Share my Calender and give read access to the Standard user so everybody should be able to see other users calenders. We have just noticed that a lot of user doesn't seems to have done it, ot have done it wrong. Therefore we'd like to fi...

Outlook 2003
I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 installed. They would like to keep all of their contacts on their "server" workstation and be able to use and add contacts from all three computers. I have read articles about using share point services or MS Exchange, but nothing in my searches fits this scenario. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Joe G. On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:02:21 -0400, "Joe Gazda" <email@1on1cc.com> wrote: >I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 >installed. They would lik...

Resources Availability Report !
Hi all, I'm customizing CRM for Shipping services. - I defined a Service Called shipping and configured it. - I defined the trucks and drivers as resources. The drivers will take days off, and the trucks will be out for maintenance i will make a new day off in the work hours for the resource. How can i make a report to show me the availability of the resources? If I tried to find available times using the scheduling engine the resources that are out for maintenance or vacation will not show, very good no problem But, how can i see that in a report. i tried to look thru the calendar en...

Automatically share Accounts and Contacts in CRM 4.0
Hi Everyone, I have seen a few posts about sharing contacts and accounts automatically, and the popular solution seems to be using a workflow assembly. As I am not a developer, I was wondering if someone has created such an assembly that is freely available? I would also like to know if the assembly can be run based on a condition. For example, contacts in our CRM database have a yes/no field called private. Could the workflow be made to trigger when user changes the field value to "YES"? Thanks, Al ...

starter question
I'm in an office with 5 networked computers. all incoming/outgoing mail uses the same address (POP3 account). A single machine running Outlook Express is used by all of us, in rotation, for email. This is inconvenient and inefficient! We all have Office (and can install Outlook). Is it possible to set up a system whereby all the machines can view the same inbox, outbox, and saved folders (stored just on a single machine), and that changes made by one user (e.g. marking an email as 'read') are reflected on everyone's screens? Ideally all machines would be viewing the folders si...