Resource Groups

I would like to set up a resource group that i can save and then use for a
number of projects.  How is this done please
--
GDD
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you need to assign the same resources across two or more of the projects,
I would strongly recommend that you begin first by creating a shared resource
pool file.  To do this, open a new blank project and apply the Resource Sheet
view.  In this project, enter the names of all of the resources who will work
in at least one of the projects.  Save this project with a name like Shared
Resource Pool and leave this file open.  Next, you will need to open each of
the four projects individually and do the following:

1. Click Tools - Resource Sharing - Share Resources.
2.  In the Share Resources dialog, select the Use Resources option and
select the Shared Resource Pool file.
3.  Click the OK button.
4.  Save and close the project.

Hope this helps

"Gary D" wrote:

> I would like to set up a resource group that i can save and then use for a
> number of projects.  How is this done please
> --
> GDD

------=_NextPart_000_0626_01CB048F.18DE08F0

Or...  Create a blank Project file and call it Pool or similar.  Now =
open each project in turn and continue as Gary said.  Doing it this way =
will automatically populate the pool file with the resources actually =
spelt as in the originals.  Then in the pool file, Resource Sheet view, =
check there are no duplicates caused by misspelling.

Mike Glen
Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

  "reza" <reza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  If you need to assign the same resources across two or more of the =
projects,=20
  I would strongly recommend that you begin first by creating a shared =
resource=20
  pool file.  To do this, open a new blank project and apply the =
Resource Sheet=20
  view.  In this project, enter the names of all of the resources who =
will work=20
  in at least one of the projects.  Save this project with a name like =
Shared=20
  Resource Pool and leave this file open.  Next, you will need to open =
each of=20
  the four projects individually and do the following:
         =20

  "Gary D" wrote:

  > I would like to set up a resource group that i can save and then use =
for a=20
  > number of projects.  How is this done please
  > --=20
  > GDD
------=_NextPart_000_0626_01CB048F.18DE08F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Or...&nbsp; Create a blank Project =
file and call=20
it Pool or similar.&nbsp; Now open each project in turn and =
continue&nbsp;as=20
Gary said.&nbsp; Doing it this way will automatically populate the pool =
file=20
with the resources actually spelt as in the originals.&nbsp; Then in the =
pool=20
file, Resource Sheet view, check there are no duplicates caused by=20
misspelling.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">See <A=20
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"reza" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:reza@discussions.microsoft.com">reza@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:D77E9302-71B1-4805-9FC5-150562E99B95@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:D77E9302-71B1-4805-9FC5-150562E99B95@microsoft.com">news:D77=
E9302-71B1-4805-9FC5-150562E99B95@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>If=20
  you need to assign the same resources across two or more of the =
projects,=20
  <BR>I would strongly recommend that you begin first by creating a =
shared=20
  resource <BR>pool file.&nbsp; To do this, open a new blank project and =
apply=20
  the Resource Sheet <BR>view.&nbsp; In this project, enter the names of =
all of=20
  the resources who will work <BR>in at least one of the projects.&nbsp; =
Save=20
  this project with a name like Shared <BR>Resource Pool and leave this =
file=20
  open.&nbsp; Next, you will need to open each of <BR>the four projects=20
  individually and do the=20
  following:<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>1. Click =
Tools -=20
  Resource Sharing - Share Resources.<BR>2.&nbsp; In the Share Resources =
dialog,=20
  select the Use Resources option and <BR>select the Shared Resource =
Pool=20
  file.<BR>3.&nbsp; Click the OK button.<BR>4.&nbsp; Save and close the=20
  project.<BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR><BR><BR>"Gary D" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; =
I would=20
  like to set up a resource group that i can save and then use for a =
<BR>&gt;=20
  number of projects.&nbsp; How is this done please<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt;=20
GDD</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0626_01CB048F.18DE08F0--

0
Mike

Count distinct days from two groups of days
Hello, Can anybody help please? I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And have had to do this twice. So now have two counts that I will add together. But if the same particular date is in both count sets I dont want to count it twice? Hope this makes sense, Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:51:01 -0800, Colin <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can anybody help please? > >I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And >have had to do this twice. So now have...

Microsoft has removed 500+ groups, including 21 Windows-98 groups
I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but Microsoft has removed approx. 535 groups from it's server. 21 of those pertain to windows-98. Those 21 groups are: --------------------- microsoft.public.il.hebrew.win98 microsoft.public.jp.win98 microsoft.public.kr.windows98.qna microsoft.public.nl.windows98 microsoft.public.win98.comm.dun microsoft.public.win98.comm.modem microsoft.public.win98.display.general microsoft.public.win98.display.multi_monitor microsoft.public.win98.fat32 microsoft.public.win98.internet.netmeeting microsoft.public.win98.msinfo32 microsoft.p...

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

CListView + grouping + tiling = ????
does anyone have an example/sample of using grouping and tiling in a Clistvew ? I'm buggered if i can get it to work. TIA bg ...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

grouping 07-17-07
In my report I have it sorted by Category.. My categories are 1 - BBH, 2 - ABD... all the way to 15 - Repairs. When it is sorted its 1 - BBH 12 - Housing 13 - Fuel... and so on. How can i make it 1, 2, 3, 4... ?? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 That still didnt work... Any other suggestions? Thanks Duane Hookom wrote: >The report is sorting as designed. You might try change the sorting and >grouping expression to: > =Val([Category]) > >> In my report I have it sorted by Category.. My cate...

Query-Based E-mail Groups
I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users. When I send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message. I as the owner of the group get an undeliverable stating: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. For all 350 users. So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM. I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000. I double checked the query-based email group to make sure it was under 2,000 recipients and ...

Catagory/group other than expense or income
I am using Money 2004 to pay bills for a homeowners association. Simple, but it is working fine. I do have one problem. When a homeowners check bounces, the money is then removed from the bank account. There are no fees incurred. When i export the bank statement, money places that transaction into the "expense" catagory. I want to keep track of these, but they are not truly expenses. It seems that money only has two options income or expense. Can i set up a catagory or group that is neither an expense or income? In microsoft.public.money, bobteriw wrote: >I am using Money ...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

How to group bars showing counts and overlay line compliance chart
Using data similar to what's below (month, ticket count type, customer, SLA compliance %), I'd like to be able to have the bars with the # of tickets opened and closed for each month grouped so the bars touch each other while still having space inbetween each months' bars (using the 1st axis). I only can seem to find an option that determines the space between all bars...not allowing me to group the bars for a given month. As a second issue, the SLA compliance % data for closed tickets won't show up as a line chart overlaying the bar chart described above. I can get m...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Trying to export a group from Entourage 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel What is the key to exporting a &quot;group&quot; from my address book without exporting the whole address book?? I am trying to export in order to use them on a different account. Thank you... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1935773649238026409 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-02 16:16:27 -0800, RJP@officeformac.com said: > What is the key to exporting a "group" from my address b...

Group mail
Hi, How to send a group mail to all the addresses in address book and I want to display only their address in their mails. I dont want to show entire list of all addresses. Please let me know. Naresh ...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

Multiple Grouping Headers on Form like Reports
Is there anyway to specify addtional grouping headers and footers on forms similar to the way you can on a report? Thanks in advance Not that I'm aware of. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "WAstarita" <WilliamAstarita@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194472794.211263.160620@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Is there anyway to specify addtional grouping headers and footers on > forms similar to the way you can on a report? > > Thanks in advance > Would subforms do it for you? -- KARL DEWEY Bu...

Unit Groups
We sell licensed software modules that come with annual licensing and maintenance. Suggestions on how to set up unit groups? "Each" for the Product? "Year" for the License (with a 3-year being a selection)? Thanks. regards, ungaio ...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

"Resource" has declined
One of my conference rooms returns this error for a few users but not all users. When scheduling a meeting according to the proper procedure, the resource is rejecting the meeting with the following error: "Resource" has declined your meeting because it is recurring. You must book each meeting separately with this resource. Note that: --The meeting is NOT recurring. --Other conference rooms do not exhibit this behaviour --No changes (that I am aware of) have been made to the exchange server or the resource account. ...

Top 50% Grouped by Month
Hi, I have two fields in a query which are Month and MedTime. I want to get the top 50% of the values or top half by month. The query returns about 200 records with about 15-20 records per month. So if October 09 has 20 records, I want to return the highest ten MedTime values. If November has 15 records, I want to return the top 7-8 records. So I would want the top half values for MedTime grouped by month. Can someone help? Thanks, You'll need a unique key column in the table to do this. If you don't already have one add an autonumber column. Then use a subquery...