Project Tasks not displayed under My Tasks in PWA

my client was assigned to the default project manager group in project server
2007, he created a project assigned some tasks to himself, but these yasks do
not dispaly at all in project server,  he can't view them under My Tasks in
PWA
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

jummy --

In the future, please post your Project Server 2007 questions to the
microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup, as this newsgroup is dedicated to
the Microsoft Project desktop application only.  To answer your question,
the most likely causes for the problem are:

1.  The PM did not publish the project using File - Publish.  Tasks do not
show up on the team members' My Tasks page until the PM publishes the
project.

2.  If the PM did publish the project, then he may have set the Booking type
value to Proposed in the Build Team dialog (click Tools - Build Team from
Enterprise and set the Booking value to Committed, and then publish again).

3.  The My Tasks page shows only Current Tasks by default and the tasks in
question are too far in the future to qualify as Current Tasks (normally 10
days in the future).  The user can click the Settings pick list menu and
select the View Options item on the list, and then deselect the Show only
current tasks item and click the Apply button.

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"jummy" <jummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my client was assigned to the default project manager group in project
> server
> 2007, he created a project assigned some tasks to himself, but these yasks
> do
> not dispaly at all in project server,  he can't view them under My Tasks
> in
> PWA

0
Dale

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Change Display Names in Exch '03 to Last,First
In Exchange 2000, you could use ADSI and scripts to change display names for contacts/users from firstname,lastname to lastname,firstname. However, I am working with a new client that has a 2003 Exchange server up and populated, but the GAL shows in firstname,lastname against his will. How can I change this so that the GAL is listed the way he wants without individually modifying each contact/user? -- Lydell Anderson A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA I don't see how it should be any different with Exchange 2003. Modifying the Display name will change how the GAL is displayed. You should be ...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

How can zero be displayed in Excel as the first number
Kevin Wrote: > Hi Kevin Either format the cell as Text or enter '0???, beware the numbers cannot then be used in calculations -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400192 ...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

display comments
Is there a way I can get the comments on a spreadsheet to appear only when you click on the indicator instead of when you roll over the cell? No there isn't. You can only turn off the comment indicator display under Tools, Options, View but then you have no built-in visual way to know which cells have comments. Nor any way to see the comment other than pressing Shift-F2 when you select a cell you know has a comment. -- Jim "jlschott2" <jlschott2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10BA2B46-1A35-49F3-AD60-DB1903F467CE@microsoft.com... | Is there a way ...

Excel 2003
Hi All I have an Excel User who copies and pastes image onto an excel spreadsheet (usually BMP format) The Image does not display but the handles are there They do not display in Print Preview either Excel 2003 memory 256Mb - Pentium 4 2.8Ghtz - Win XP SP2 Other User do not experience the problem but they have more RAM so is this a memory problem Any ideas would be appreciated Best Regards Ken Ken, Choose Tools / Options... and on the "View" tab, under "Objects", select "Show All" rather then "Show placeholders" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP &q...

Filtering Outlook tasks by modified date
Hello, I'm trying to filter my outloook tasks to only show those that have been modified MORE THAN 7 days ago. ie. modified <= "Today - 8" I haven't been able to get the Advanced filter in the view to work. I tried using the SQL filter but wasn't sure of the code to use for the filter to work. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Task report
I have two questions about the tasks - 1. Is there a way to setup our own Status options? The ones in Outlook (not started, Waiting on Someone Else, etc) don't really give us exactly what we need. 2. When we print a task list we set it to print the 'notes' column but it cuts off the entries. Is there a way to tell it to word wrap this field? We're using Outlook 2000. One machine in the office is using Outlook XP. Thanks for your help ...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Automatically assign a start date for tasks
Is there a way to automatically assign a start date when I drag an email to my task folder? Thanks in advance! No. you can type shortcuts like 2d (for 2 days from now) to make it faster to enter the date. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20060111.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

Want labels of columns to display on each page when printing work.
I am tring to print a work book with many pages and would like to have the titles of my columns display on each page. I have tried the header function and it does not line up correctly with the correct columns. Any advice? Thank you in advance. Allen File>Page Setup>Sheet tab. Go to the "Rows to repeat at top" box and either type in the rows you want to repeat at the top of each page or use the mouse to highlight the rows. "justinlind44" <justinlind44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1035C341-634F-4948-9334-E317C1A1FDB6@microsoft.com......

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

Sorting Tasks
When I sort tasks by due date ascending the list includes all tasks with no due date at the top. I would like to get the list in ascending date order but with task that do not have a due date listed last. It seems illogical to me that tasks with no particular deadline are listed before those that have a deadline. -- Dave Mills There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't. ...

Pull down menus do not display correctly
For some reason whenever I access a pull down menu in CRM it does not display completely,rather instead there are two scroll arrows that appear and I have to scroll to see all of the pull down options. Furthermore, the scroll arrows are not present on every pull down menu therefore I am unable to access the majority of the pull down options on certain menus. This problem has only materialized since I began working on a new machine. The machine is a Dell Latitude D820 and I am almost certain that this problem can be resolved by changing some setting on the computer itself. Please help asap! ...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

weather display
The weather display seems to only show New York, New York. I've click on the change button and put in my zip code: 77433 and I get the current temperture for my area. However, it does not change the display forecast from NY, NY to my area. How do I get the display to show the five day forecast for my area? Bill WHAT ?????????? "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F499B19-CE64-47C1-8F2A-DA29EC07A294@microsoft.com... > The weather display seems to only show New York, New York. > > I've click on the change button...

Using Task Folder as a public folder ...
I want to use a task folder as a public folder . The objective is to track a sequence of events , and the requirement is that the view presented to each user must be the same . For example , while the information in the task ( that which you find when double clicking the task ) remains viewable for all users , the fields (custom) that I have set up ( on the view prior to double clicking a task) do not appear on the other users machine. These fields will contain information about what is contained within the task , but if all users cannot see them , it defeats my goal . What am I...

MS Project
In building up a project I typed several human resources by use of Assign Resources window. The in order to assign selected resources to a perticular task I highlight the resource and press assign. What happens is that in some cases ( not all) the resource is selected but the resource name is converted in small caps. This results in having in the resource list double entries for every resource, in original capitals and ion small caps. I must mention that the resource names are typed in Greek. What actions should I do to avoid this, and how I'll correct the already typed in ones but...

MS Project 2010
MS Project 2010 When does it come up for production? How is the cost, anybody know? Does it require a sepate database? Can it work byitself without a database? What are the benefits of having the server (MS project 2010)? -jp Hi Jp, It's released 12th May to corporate customers.... June for the consumer. It'll be on Select price lists at the begining of May. It requires SQL Server, plus SharePoint Server, all must be 64bit. The benefits will depend on your requirements, but a good place to start is here - http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/default.as...

Tweak to display autoshape
Seeking a tweak to the sub below. Currently it displays "txt1" aligned with the top edge of the selected cell, just to the right of it. Unfortunately this position obscures immediate cols to the right of the selected cell, which user occasionally needs to see. I want to "push" the display vertically down a bit and align the top edge of "txt1" just below the bottom edge of the selected cell so that user can see the contents in the adjacent cells. Thanks ---------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Inters...