Project Standard 2007 and its SP1 and SP2

Hello,

Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh install of
Project Std 2007 without the step of installing SP1?
Thanks ahead

0
Xiao
4/15/2010 7:55:36 AM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

Yes, SP2 includes all fixes and updates until Feb 2009 (I think).

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Xiao" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh install of
> Project Std 2007 without the step of installing SP1?
> Thanks ahead

> signature database 5030 (20100415) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5030 (20100415) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
4/15/2010 10:01:32 AM
Xiao,

My understanding is that it does; but please do not take my word for it.
  You should read for yourself at it is your computer you'll be
updating/chaing.  See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953326 which I
found via Google "project 2007 sp2".

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 15/04/10 08:55, Xiao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh install of
> Project Std 2007 without the step of installing SP1?
> Thanks ahead

0
Rob
4/15/2010 10:34:08 AM
In article <eh3GycI3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
 Rob Schneider <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote:

> Xiao,
>
> My understanding is that it does; but please do not take my word for it.
>   You should read for yourself at it is your computer you'll be
> updating/chaing.  See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953326 which I
> found via Google "project 2007 sp2".
>

> --rms
>
> www.rmschneider.com
Rob,
Shouldn't that be "cha'ing"?

Sorry, I know, I'm terrible :-)

John

> On 15/04/10 08:55, Xiao wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh install of
> > Project Std 2007 without the step of installing SP1?
> > Thanks ahead

0
John
4/15/2010 2:59:45 PM
Probably. I would probably be expecting to type "changing".  Wrote that
while on a on a train avoiding ash from the volcano. My flight was
canceled and that only way home. Must have hit a bump as I typed and
with my eyes as they are, did not notice.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 15/04/10 15:59, John wrote:
> In article<eh3GycI3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
>   Rob Schneider<rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com>  wrote:
>
>> Xiao,
>>
>> My understanding is that it does; but please do not take my word for it.
>>    You should read for yourself at it is your computer you'll be
>> updating/chaing.  See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953326 which I
>> found via Google "project 2007 sp2".
>>

>> --rms
>>
>> www.rmschneider.com
> Rob,
> Shouldn't that be "cha'ing"?
>
> Sorry, I know, I'm terrible :-)
>
> John
>>

>> On 15/04/10 08:55, Xiao wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh install of
>>> Project Std 2007 without the step of installing SP1?
>>> Thanks ahead

0
Rob
4/15/2010 4:02:50 PM
Thanks a lot everybody!

0
Xiao

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Exchange 2007 + Evolution
Current client has about 50 linux users who want to use Evolution to connect to the Exchange 2007 environment. They are currently using webmail before anyone suggests that brilliant idea. I have been able to get Entourage to work with our CAS, no luck with Evolution. Has anyone had success getting Evolution to connect to a Exchange 2007 environment? ...

Lockbox for Standard
The lockbox processing module is available for the Professional verion of GP only. Is anyone aware of a solution to allow lockbox processing in GP Standard? Thank you. Check with Professional Advantage (www.profad.com). -- Charles Allen, MVP "Chayden" wrote: > The lockbox processing module is available for the Professional verion of GP > only. Is anyone aware of a solution to allow lockbox processing in GP > Standard? > > Thank you. Prof Adv sold the rights and they don't have anything for Standard. I had checked with them already. Thanks. "...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Outlook 2007 Icon on Start Menu doesn't work
Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for outlook work OK. How can I revert to the original working icon? thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZRv9v$hHHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start > menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet > Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for ...

break slide link in word 2007
I have Office 2007. Want to break the link to the slides I have in my word doc. When I right click the slide, I only get open or edit, or convert. Could you help me locate the right place to break the link; and if necessary add-in I need for Word and/or powerpoint? -- SLB -- SLB In Word 2007, click the Office button and choose Prepare. To the right you'll see an item "Edit Links to Files" (which appears only when there are linked items in the document). Click that to open the Links dialog. Select any or all of the listed links and click the Break Link button. ...

Reminders in Outlook 2007
When you have a reminder in the calendar in Outlook 2000 (or 2003) you see a liitle clock. In Outlook 2007 you don't. How can I see this clock in Outlook 2007??? Marc ...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

Excel 2007 incredibly slow on saving
Hi, I am just trying Excel 2007 for the first time. Saving a file (in compatibility mode) takes around 15 minutes! Savng the same file (about 12Mb) takes 5 seconds in Excel 2003. Clearly I have turned off autosave as this prevented me from working altogether (it takes longer to save than the 10 minute interval between saves). This just can't be right! Any ideas what could cause this? I am using a fast PC (quad-core Xeon 2.3 GHz) with 4Gb RAM. There is plenty of disk space and it is not cluttered or fragmented. Saves are to the local hard disk and there are no links over network co...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

Pls confirm 2007 chart redraw is up to 10 times slower than 2003
I have complex charts, with many data points. The redraw time on my machine in Excel 2003 (all updates for office and wxp installed) is 2-3 sec, which I consider extremely slow, so I was looking forward to an new chart engine with better speed from 2007, but am flabergasted at how slow 2007 is. Try this...create a line chart, 12 columns of 5000 points each. Put it imbeded in a worksheet. Tab to another worksheet, tab back, time the redraw. On my machine (3 ghz, 2gig ram), redraw time is 2-3 sec for all the lines to show up on the graph. In 2007, it takes a full minute! the graph loo...

Conditional format 2007
In prior versions, I would easily have been able to do the below. But how do I do it in 2007 Excel? I really cannot figure it out... Situation: I have a table; 5 columns, X rows. Column 4 contains a date (dd-MM-yyyy) or is blank (I have received no date to enter from client). If cell in column 4 i blank or date is later than TODAY(), I want all cells in the table-row to be font-colour black and if date has passed (TODAY>date) I want font-colour to be red. How to do - in a simple way - using conditional formatin Excel 2007? -- Best regards Ulf Select the whole block of...

Disappearing attachments in Outlook 2007
I am running a stand alone PC with Vista Ultimate SP1 and Office Professional 2007 (both fully up to date) and Outlook 2007 as my email client, but I am having major problems with Outlook and how it handles some attachments. What is happens is that when the mail is downloaded in Outlook, I can see the attachment gem clip with the message. However, when I double click the message there is no attachment and the gem clip has disappeared. This does not happen with all attachments -- only some. I have run my virus checker and anti spyware software and they have found no problems. I have d...

microsoft word 2007 11-20-09
My Microsoft word freezes up all the time. I am usually right in the middle of an important paper for school and then it loses my whole document......I am really frustrated (I am running on Vista). Please help!! You shouldn't lose the entire document unless it has never been saved. If Word hangs, you should be offered an AutoRecovery backup the next time you start Word. With the AutoRecovery interval set at 10 minutes, along with frequent saves, you should never lose more than 10 minutes' work and often less. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words in...

MS Project
In building up a project I typed several human resources by use of Assign Resources window. The in order to assign selected resources to a perticular task I highlight the resource and press assign. What happens is that in some cases ( not all) the resource is selected but the resource name is converted in small caps. This results in having in the resource list double entries for every resource, in original capitals and ion small caps. I must mention that the resource names are typed in Greek. What actions should I do to avoid this, and how I'll correct the already typed in ones but...

MS Project 2010
MS Project 2010 When does it come up for production? How is the cost, anybody know? Does it require a sepate database? Can it work byitself without a database? What are the benefits of having the server (MS project 2010)? -jp Hi Jp, It's released 12th May to corporate customers.... June for the consumer. It'll be on Select price lists at the begining of May. It requires SQL Server, plus SharePoint Server, all must be 64bit. The benefits will depend on your requirements, but a good place to start is here - http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/default.as...

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321) Fa
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321) fails to update..I have windows 7, home premium..and office 2007 for students, sp2. I have tried several tmes..keep getting code 646..Have tried all troubleshooting as suggested but still will not install. I do not have a disc for the ms office 2007 student edition, computer was pre-loaded.. Any suggestions -- Steveo I am having the same program and cant figure it out either - any one can help us would be nice. Dawn "Bruins99" wrote: > Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (...

schedule +7 to outlook 2007
how do I import my schedule 7 appointments into outlook 2007 ...