Project 2007 professional fails to install

I have just bought a copy of Microsoft Project Professional 2007. When I
try to install it I get as far as Install Now. When I click on the
button nothing happens for a few moments and I then get the message
�Microsoft office project professional 2007 setup has stopped working�
with a further message �A problem caused the program to stop working
correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
is available�. I then don�t get any further message after the setup
program closes down.

I can�t find any helpful information on the Microsoft website or in
I can�t give Microsoft a PID number and so don�t qualify for free
technical support. (I can�t believe they charge �46 for email technical
support!) The retailer Software4Students is no help at all.

I�m running Windows Vista home premium service pack 2. I�ve tried
disabling Norton anti-virus, user account control and data execution
prevention. None of this works. I have not had a previous retail or
trial version of Project installed on the machine.

Any advice would be much appreciated...even if it's 'download
OpenProject instead'.

--
stevem115
stevem115's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/213787.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
stevem115
4/27/2010 11:38:55 AM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Surely something to do with the the operating system (hardware or
software).

Things I can think of (in no particular order)

: make sure Vista fully up to date
: rebooot
: do more than disable Norton--delete and remove then try install
: restore Vista to a previous "good" version and try the install. May
have to go back step by step?
: upgrade to Windows 7 so that you can over-write any bad stuff
: reinstall Vista
: ask for guidance on the Windows Vista newsgroups (folks here have
little experience or interest--probably--in debugging install problems
since it usually "just works" those few times they have to do it).
: since you bought Project Professional ... I'm presuming then that you
need access to Project Server which is something that needs support. Can
you get help from your support staff?
: maybe the CD is flawed. Get the vendor to swap it.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 27/04/10 12:38, stevem115 wrote:
> I have just bought a copy of Microsoft Project Professional 2007. When I
> try to install it I get as far as Install Now. When I click on the
> button nothing happens for a few moments and I then get the message
> �Microsoft office project professional 2007 setup has stopped working�
> with a further message �A problem caused the program to stop working
> correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
> is available�. I then don�t get any further message after the setup
> program closes down.
>
> I can�t find any helpful information on the Microsoft website or in
> I can�t give Microsoft a PID number and so don�t qualify for free
> technical support. (I can�t believe they charge �46 for email technical
> support!) The retailer Software4Students is no help at all.
>
> I�m running Windows Vista home premium service pack 2. I�ve tried
> disabling Norton anti-virus, user account control and data execution
> prevention. None of this works. I have not had a previous retail or
> trial version of Project installed on the machine.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated...even if it's 'download
> OpenProject instead'.

0
Rob
4/27/2010 12:33:09 PM
Hi SteveM115,

Just to rule out one more thing -- have you installed the 64 bit
version of Vista?  Is Project the 64 bit version?

You note you do not have any previous version of Project
installed, do you have any other office products installed?

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 4/27/2010 7:38 AM, stevem115 wrote:
> I have just bought a copy of Microsoft Project Professional 2007. When I
> try to install it I get as far as Install Now. When I click on the
> button nothing happens for a few moments and I then get the message
> �Microsoft office project professional 2007 setup has stopped working�
> with a further message �A problem caused the program to stop working
> correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
> is available�. I then don�t get any further message after the setup
> program closes down.
>
> I can�t find any helpful information on the Microsoft website or in
> I can�t give Microsoft a PID number and so don�t qualify for free
> technical support. (I can�t believe they charge �46 for email technical
> support!) The retailer Software4Students is no help at all.
>
> I�m running Windows Vista home premium service pack 2. I�ve tried
> disabling Norton anti-virus, user account control and data execution
> prevention. None of this works. I have not had a previous retail or
> trial version of Project installed on the machine.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated...even if it's 'download
> OpenProject instead'.

0
JulieS
4/27/2010 12:46:55 PM
Thanks to both of you. I'll work through some / all of the suggestions
to try and get it resolved. First time a piece of software hasn't
installed on this machine. Other Office programmes run fine. Had no
problem with recent install of MS Visio.
Steve

--
stevem115
stevem115's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/213787.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1331919.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
stevem115

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Exchange 2007 + Evolution
Current client has about 50 linux users who want to use Evolution to connect to the Exchange 2007 environment. They are currently using webmail before anyone suggests that brilliant idea. I have been able to get Entourage to work with our CAS, no luck with Evolution. Has anyone had success getting Evolution to connect to a Exchange 2007 environment? ...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Outlook 2007 Icon on Start Menu doesn't work
Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for outlook work OK. How can I revert to the original working icon? thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZRv9v$hHHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start > menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet > Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for ...

break slide link in word 2007
I have Office 2007. Want to break the link to the slides I have in my word doc. When I right click the slide, I only get open or edit, or convert. Could you help me locate the right place to break the link; and if necessary add-in I need for Word and/or powerpoint? -- SLB -- SLB In Word 2007, click the Office button and choose Prepare. To the right you'll see an item "Edit Links to Files" (which appears only when there are linked items in the document). Click that to open the Links dialog. Select any or all of the listed links and click the Break Link button. ...

Reminders in Outlook 2007
When you have a reminder in the calendar in Outlook 2000 (or 2003) you see a liitle clock. In Outlook 2007 you don't. How can I see this clock in Outlook 2007??? Marc ...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

Excel 2007 incredibly slow on saving
Hi, I am just trying Excel 2007 for the first time. Saving a file (in compatibility mode) takes around 15 minutes! Savng the same file (about 12Mb) takes 5 seconds in Excel 2003. Clearly I have turned off autosave as this prevented me from working altogether (it takes longer to save than the 10 minute interval between saves). This just can't be right! Any ideas what could cause this? I am using a fast PC (quad-core Xeon 2.3 GHz) with 4Gb RAM. There is plenty of disk space and it is not cluttered or fragmented. Saves are to the local hard disk and there are no links over network co...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

IS doesn't start after installing exchange 2003 in child domain
We are installing exchange 2003 in a child domain of a domain tree where an exchange 2003 server already exists in the parent domain. Netdiag and DCDiag were both performed before installation and indicated no problems with the general setup. The account used to install exchange has Full Exchange Administration rights at the org. level. The installation completes without any error messages, but it is impossible to start the information store. The store refuses to start and events 9153, 1121 and 5000 are then logged in the event log. Event 1121: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Ac...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

Snap In Failed
We entered our license key and added the license to user. While inside the CRM after adding licenses we were logged off and when we retry it comes up "User Access Error", we rebooted the server and it still won't let us on. When we try going into the deployment manager, we have lost functionality. Is the MSCRM Security Service started? If not, try manually starting it in Administrative Tools | Services. -- Bullitt Fitzhugh Integrated Business Systems www.ib-systems.com "NSMeritel" wrote: > We entered our license key and added the license to user. While...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

Pls confirm 2007 chart redraw is up to 10 times slower than 2003
I have complex charts, with many data points. The redraw time on my machine in Excel 2003 (all updates for office and wxp installed) is 2-3 sec, which I consider extremely slow, so I was looking forward to an new chart engine with better speed from 2007, but am flabergasted at how slow 2007 is. Try this...create a line chart, 12 columns of 5000 points each. Put it imbeded in a worksheet. Tab to another worksheet, tab back, time the redraw. On my machine (3 ghz, 2gig ram), redraw time is 2-3 sec for all the lines to show up on the graph. In 2007, it takes a full minute! the graph loo...

Conditional format 2007
In prior versions, I would easily have been able to do the below. But how do I do it in 2007 Excel? I really cannot figure it out... Situation: I have a table; 5 columns, X rows. Column 4 contains a date (dd-MM-yyyy) or is blank (I have received no date to enter from client). If cell in column 4 i blank or date is later than TODAY(), I want all cells in the table-row to be font-colour black and if date has passed (TODAY>date) I want font-colour to be red. How to do - in a simple way - using conditional formatin Excel 2007? -- Best regards Ulf Select the whole block of...

Disappearing attachments in Outlook 2007
I am running a stand alone PC with Vista Ultimate SP1 and Office Professional 2007 (both fully up to date) and Outlook 2007 as my email client, but I am having major problems with Outlook and how it handles some attachments. What is happens is that when the mail is downloaded in Outlook, I can see the attachment gem clip with the message. However, when I double click the message there is no attachment and the gem clip has disappeared. This does not happen with all attachments -- only some. I have run my virus checker and anti spyware software and they have found no problems. I have d...

Exchange 2003 Eval Expired but Full version installed
I have the same situation as Brandon Riffel reported (Exchange 2003 Ent event ID 1182, false report of beta version) on 10/1/2004. I chose to post newly instead of reply because I found the Q Article that addresses this "KB840015" entitled "How to recover databases that were created while using a trial version of Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition or Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server". Well since the Product Page for the the Eval "http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/trial/2003.asp" explicitly says... You can upgrade from the Exchange Server ...

Add-in Manager fails ...
The Microsoft Outlook Add-in Manager will not install the ECF add-ins. Most importantly I wish to add the Rules Wizard. The proper steps will not implement the addition -- open file dialog window results in no new items on the add-in manager window and I am not getting the wizard installed. Thank you very much ... gjf What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Godfrey J. Fies <glf@oaktreesysdev.com> asked: | The Microsoft Outlook Add-in Man...

rpcping failed
I have followed all the instructions on using rpc over http on my exchange server. I'm running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange server 2003 SP2 std I have a different AD server as the global catalog it is running Std server 2003 SP1. I have a trusted certificate installed on the RPC server. Here is the change to registry My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy PCEXCHANGE2 is the name of the exchange server COMAPNY.LOCAL is the local domain COMPANY.COM is the internet domain ADSVR is the Active Directory server that is the global catalog PCEXCHANGE2:100-5000; PCEXCHA...

microsoft word 2007 11-20-09
My Microsoft word freezes up all the time. I am usually right in the middle of an important paper for school and then it loses my whole document......I am really frustrated (I am running on Vista). Please help!! You shouldn't lose the entire document unless it has never been saved. If Word hangs, you should be offered an AutoRecovery backup the next time you start Word. With the AutoRecovery interval set at 10 minutes, along with frequent saves, you should never lose more than 10 minutes' work and often less. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words in...