On-line training program for Microsoft Project 2007

Hello,  can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a
basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There's a lot of options.

Check the MPUG newsletter.  Bill Raymond is teaming up with Versatile to
offer a bunch of free sessions.

Other options (that I am aware of off the top of my head)

MS Project Experts
ProjectProCorp
Versatile

....and I am sure a bunch of others who will respond to this post.

"JB" wrote:

> Hello,  can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a
> basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007?

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CA9A91.6A1A89E0

Hi JB,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

Meanwhile, you might like to have a look at my free series for beginners =
on Microsoft Project in the TechTrax ezine, particularly #, at this =
site: http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc  or this: =
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=3DArticleSear=
ch&AUTH=3D23=20
(Perhaps you'd care to rate the articles before leaving the site, :)  =
Thanks.)

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: <http://www.mvps.org/project/>

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP

  "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello,  can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to =
learn a=20
  basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007?
------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CA9A91.6A1A89E0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16466"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi JB,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Meanwhile, you might like to have a =
look at my=20
free series for beginners on Microsoft Project in the TechTrax ezine,=20
particularly #, at this site: <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A>&nbsp; or =
this: <A=20
title=3D"http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=3DAr=
ticleSearch&amp;AUTH=3D23&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=3DArt=
icleSearch&amp;AUTH=3D23">http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMF=
rame.asp?CMD=3DArticleSearch&amp;AUTH=3D23</A>=20
<BR>(Perhaps you'd care to rate the articles before leaving the site, =
:)&nbsp;=20
Thanks.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: &lt;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.mvps.org/project/">http://www.mvps.org/project/</A>&gt=
;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project =
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JB" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JB@discussions.microsoft.com">JB@discussions.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:9E1A6C72-20D4-42B9-9700-8AF251892369@microsoft.com">news:9E1=
A6C72-20D4-42B9-9700-8AF251892369@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello,&nbsp; =

  can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a=20
  <BR>basic and intermediate level of MS Project =
2007?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CA9A91.6A1A89E0--

0
Mike
1/21/2010 12:01:07 PM
Microsoft Project MVP Mike Glenn has an online set of tutorials that will
meet the need nicely... and they are free.

Try here: http://project.mvps.org/mike's_tutorials.htm
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"JB" wrote:

> Hello,  can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a
> basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007?

Read/Write INI on Program File Vista Problem
I have a VB6 program that reads application settings from INI file... until now most users used the app on Win XP and there is big hassle running the program on Vista as Program File under Vista is Read Only... Under Vista users manually copies the INI file to Writeable directory like Documents; edit the INI file and then copy it back to Program Files thus rendering changing application settings through the VB app impossible. I would like to change program settings from INI to say egistry. But I don't know how to to go about this. Can VB6 create registry keys for an app duri...

Program Association Outlook 2001 Macintosh
Everytime I try and double click on a Word/Excel/Power Point etc attachment in Outlook, it brings up a message saying the associated program could not be started. We are using Office 98 Macintosh. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Microsoft Money 2004 Australia Deluxe
Does Microsoft sell the "deluxe" and "premium" versions of money in Australia. I have looked everywhere but can not find them. It appears only the Standard edition is sold here. Microsoft only sell the International English edition of Money 2004 in Australia (and New Zealand). This edition is Standard only. This has been their policy since about Money 2000. I would hazard a guess that they have put too much "US specific" information and calculation in the Deluxe and Premium versions to release them here. Similarly for the UK Deluxe and Premium vers...

Link to "Video Demos" in Get started tab in Office 2007 not workin
Hello, I have installed the Get Started tab in Office 2007. The link to the "Video Demos" is not working. Has MS changes the link ? How can I fix this ? I have installed this on many computers, how can I get this fixed on all of them... Thanks Jan ...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Objectsi n Frames Word 2007
Is it possible to have floating objects in frames? I have a user that is having trouble doing that. Is there a trick to it? Thank you. Frames are no longer an option in Word. This functionality is in Publisher. "LisaK" wrote: > Is it possible to have floating objects in frames? I have a user that is > having trouble doing that. Is there a trick to it? > > Thank you. Frames are certainly still available in Word, just a little harder to access. You can add the Insert Frame button to the QAT or access it in the Legacy Forms tools on the Developer...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Program not responding or opening in read-only mode
There is one computer, that when opening an Access database file from within Access, gets the message "this program is not responding". Then when Access is closed, and they try to open the file from the Windows browser, they get a message saying that the database is open in read-only mode. But this is only on the one computer, other computers do not have these problems. The database was made in Access 2000, and all computers accessing it use Access 2000. All of the library references seem to be intact too. What could the problem possibly be? -- justme0010 It seems to me that t...

outlook 2007 now has blury text
I don't think this is the IE 7 issue with blurry text i had to fix when i installed that. Why is the text now default to this blurry gray text? thanks! ...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

false microsoft emal offering support
I keep on getting these false emails from Microsoft look alike site. Norton picks them up OK but I am receiving about 10 per day now. Its a real pain in the neck. Is there a patch to get rid of this problem. Regards David Gray No. "David Gray" <cetgray@optushome.com.au> wrote in message news:0e3401c3a9e6$67679640$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I keep on getting these false emails from Microsoft look > alike site. Norton picks them up OK but I am receiving > about 10 per day now. Its a real pain in the neck. Is > there a patch to get rid of this problem. > > Rega...

Word 2007 doc having trouble with white space above paragraph
I am trying to format a 20 page document. I added hard page breaks and now if I hit the enter key to put a certain paragraph on a page I get large amounts of white space above certain paragraphs that will not go away by backspace or trying to deleting them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Csalaun00, Just an idea but have you checked Page-layout tab, Page setup group, dialog starter button, format tab, next to align vertically should be top instead of centered. If it is not that check the paragraph formatting, maybe you applied a large amount of pace before or after the...

Multivalue Field in Access 2007...
I have been trying to read a mutivalue field in an Access 2007 without any luck. I have followed the example at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb258183.aspx but have not been able to get that to work. Has anyone sucessfully accomplished this task? You might want to look in microsoft.public.access for the answer I posted there. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Brian Griffey" <BrianGriffey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D587BE95-7220-4769-BE38-15D68FF1CCD1@micro...

Money 2007 Budget Problem
I just converted from M06 to M07. When I look at my Budget reports, it lists a bunch of transactions (all from the same account) that are under the heading "expenses not in budget" in the Monthly Budget report. This was not the case before the transfer....how do I correct this? ...

about selling your program #2
you said that it is ok to sell my program, what about legality? do have to patent it or copyright it? Jeff gaje, philippine -- Jeff_gaj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeff_gaje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 Hi this is a different question depending what program you have developed and if it may afdfect other patents/copy rights. My statement was only that MS does not prohibit selling excel sheets. So you don't have to p...

Microsoft Outlook #5
I have three people that use the same computer for email. Each have different email addresses. Receiving email is not a problem, all three email accounts are set up to receive at the same time. The problem is when they send email they have to go into the dialog box and change the from and reply to information. Is it possible to have a simple way to allow each person to send an email with their name as the FROM? I thought of having three separate folders with Microsoft Outlook but I could not get that to work. Thanks George 214-388-3446 What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98...

saving to csv file from excel 2007
I need to save file to csv format to transfer to website...2003 always worked fine - 2007 doesn't - help?? -- jo Hi pourlance Office Button >SaveAs Or Office Button >SaveAs (menu) Other formats Or use F12 Choose CVS in the list and save the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "pourlance" <pourlance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11D7C094-BD37-4CBD-8E8B-6C3BB3736581@microsoft.com... >I need to save file to csv format to transfer to website...2003 always worked > fine - 2007 doesn't - help?? > ...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

Moving Office 2007 Pro OEM to new computer
Hi, I've got a customer that wants to buy Office 2007 Pro OEM CD/License and install and activate it on their current computer. In about 6 months, they plan on scraping/wiping their current computer and purchasing a new one. Can they then transfer/install and activate their OEM Office 2007 Pro to the new computer and activate it (I'm assuming by calling the activation call center to get a new number)? The old computer will be wiped/junked an no longer functional. Thanks No. OEM is good for that specific machine. Once it dies, that's it. That's why it ...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Microsoft Security Bulletin Release for January 2004
Follow up set to microsoft.public.security... Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletins. Note: �www.microsoft.com/technet/security and �www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center or Windows Update. See the individual bulletins for details. Because some m...