Non-working work week

Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As
in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the
middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will
occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during.
Thanks in advance!
0
RVE
2/23/2010 10:07:18 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi RVE,

Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select
the days you want as non working.   Make sure that the calendar you change is
the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as
individual resource calendars.

Hope this helps

DavidC

"RVE" wrote:

> Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As
> in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the
> middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will
> occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during.
> Thanks in advance!
> .

HTML Printing problems...it's blank!! Works in Plain Text
OL2000, all of a sudden the girl can't print HTML E- mails. She gets some output like her header name...the from, sent, to, and subject print but the actual from, to...data does not. (If I change to Plain text the body data shows but the header data doesnt..)The body does NOT show on print. The Original Message from, to...data DOEWS show but the body of the original does not show. I have: Run Norton WinDoc 2003, throughly uninstalled Office and reinstalled Office. Still the problem persists. She can print HTML from the web no problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Scott ...

Search not working
I would like to search the SharePoint Discussion Group, but it won't search for anything. I'm definitely signed in, is anyone else experiencing the same problem? That is a standard problem with these groups if you are using something like Windows Live Mail. I hear that if you use a newsreader, it might actually work, but I've never bothered trying. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "JDubs" <JDubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90761671-3986-4322-946C-01D2F8E4B9A0@microsoft.com... &...

SUMIF Statements aren't working for me
I'm trying to figure out why these two statements don't always work. =SUMIF(D3:D5000,TODAY(),C3:C5000) =SUMIF(D3:D5000,(TODAY()-1),C3:C5000) I'm copying date data into a spreadsheet with the date in column D. I then use the following statement in a macro to format the date as a date (just to be sure it's useable as a date) Selection.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy" My goal is to add the teansaction amounts in column C that were done today... and yesterday and post them into cells. (If I physically type over the pasted date it seems to add correctly...so I'm t...

Assistant Field Not working
We receiently migrated our domain from 2000 to 2k3. Before we migrated all the user accounts that had users added into their mailboxes with full mailbox access, the assistant field used to show these users. Since the migration the assistant field stays locked onto the assistant that was listed at the time of the migration, even though they no longer have access to the mailbox and someone else does. How can we fix this so that it will show the correct assistant? The only way we have found that works so far is using the ADSI Edit tool and changing the msExchAssistantName property manually. But...

non

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

Money 2003 - It is opens and disappear
When I open money 2003 it's opening and immediately disappearing. So cannot access and working on it? Please help me to solve this - Thanks. Does it happen with any other programs? Is it possible you have a virus? -- Patty MacDuffie MS MVP for Windows XP "Shun" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216b01c3a91f$44fd5800$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open money 2003 it's opening and immediately > disappearing. So cannot access and working on it? > Please help me to solve this - Thanks. > Try double-clicking on your MNY file to op...

Word 2007 automatic spell checker not working
I've tried turning on the automatic spelling and grammar checker via the proofing options. For some reason it can only show grammar errors (green squigly line) yet it cannot show spelling errors (red squigly line). If I then select the check spelling and grammar option it only checks the grammar. I've fiddled around with how checking every box I can try in the proofing options but nothing seems to work!!!! It's really doing my head in, having word but it won't correct any spelling mistakes. Any help would be gratefully received. S In the Proofing cat...

Outlook 2007 spell check not working
The spell check for a co-worker isn't working in outlook, it does in Word and it isn't due to the signature. Had heard/read about RegEdit, but not sure what to edit. Any guidance would be helpful. Define 'doesn't work' - does F7 bring up spell check? See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#3 for the registry key to remove. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Does Validation works for date ??
Hi Does data validation works for date ?? For example : A1 contains today's date in it & if some one tries to put yesterday's date in B1 it will not allow(we can put tomorrow's date).How it would be possible ?? -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480089 I just used data validation yesterday for a date. What exactly do you want to check? "Little Ma...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

CDFMigrationTool No Longer Working for Me?
We just completed our testing efforts of MS CRM and as a result, decided to restore the 4 CRM databases (_MSCRM, _METABASE, _CRMCRYSTAL, _MSCRMDISTRIBUTION) back to a 'clean' state. Apparently, the restoration files captured the databases in a state prior to running the migration tool to import our contacts from the CDF database into the CRM database(s). I've tried to run the migration tool several times now after the databases were restored, but it appears that nothing is being migrated. The time it takes for the tool to finish running now is extremely shorter than wha...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

Edit-Find doesn' work, don't know the problem.
I'm using an excel document and I want to use the Edit-Find feature to locate names within the document. I know the names are there because I've put them in and when I use the Edit-Find it doesn't work. I don't the problem and would really appreciate some help. Make sure that when you pull-down Edit > Find that you open Advanced.. and look in values rather than formulas -- Gary''s Student "micasidulce" wrote: > I'm using an excel document and I want to use the Edit-Find feature to locate > names within the document. I know the names ...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...

"me." doesn't work
I write a lot of VBA. I find it very useful to start lines referring to the object I'm writing with "me." so that I can get the list of properties and methods. In the project I'm currently working on, this has suddenly stopped working. I type "me." and nothing happens. I can't figure out if I've accidentally disabled a feature or something like that. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks much in advance. "accesswanabe" <accesswanabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6B82001-53C9-4932-9BA5-D9D6B454DE1B@microsoft.c...

Working Offline
This is a strange one. I am trying to setup OUTLOOK 2002 to work offline. I have followed the outlook help by going into the tools folder aas follows: Click E-mail Accounts, click View or change existing mail accounts, and then click Next. Click Microsoft Exchange Server, and then click Change. Click More Settings. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Offline Folder File Settings. Here is the problem .... In the File box, the path to the OST file has been already completed and will not let me ammend it, also the browse button is greyed out. I therefore have to accept the defaul...

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

Insert Automatic, Non-Updating Date Stamp
I use an Excel invoice to bill clients. Currently I have an Invoice Date field which is populated by the =TODAY() function. That's good. However, if I open the spreadsheet down the road and accidentally recalculate, the Invoice Date field is updated with the current date. That's not so good. Is there a simple macro I can use that Inserts the date when the document is created and then terminates? Something, I guess, that calls the TODAY() function and then pops the resulting date value into the appropriate cell. I know I can just use CTRL+; to insert the date manually but I'm shoo...

finding last non empty cell in a column #3
FYI - The column could be any column not just B -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26238 ...