MSP 2007 - How to add custom fields to visual reports

I've created a very simple test MSP file. It has 4 sub-tasks and 2 summary
tasks. I've added resources and duration. I've also inserted the Text1 field
and filled it for each sub-task. I then started the Visual reports. I've
picked the Cash Flow report and edited it by adding Text1 field. When the
report was generated Text1 field was not in the Excel report at all. What am
I doing wrong?

Thanks.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This probably doesn't answer your question, but I've never had much luck
getting fields into the Visual Reports.  I prefer to save as Excel and
manipulate the data from there.

"Radon" wrote:

> I've created a very simple test MSP file. It has 4 sub-tasks and 2 summary
> tasks. I've added resources and duration. I've also inserted the Text1 field
> and filled it for each sub-task. I then started the Visual reports. I've
> picked the Cash Flow report and edited it by adding Text1 field. When the
> report was generated Text1 field was not in the Excel report at all. What am
> I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks.

MS Outlook 2007 #2
I have recently changed my email signature, from using Outlook 2003 to using Outlook 2007. When I send an email, the signature I attach is all squashed up on the receiver end, all the spacing lines have been removed? Does anyone know why this happens. My email signature was created using MS Frontpage (HTML) file. Any advice will be most welcome. -- Thanks, Claire (UK). What options are given if you edit your signature, within Options/Signatures? "Claire" <Claire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82A44E2-F9F3-486E-8D39-922C546FE8B3@microsoft.com... ...

Formula in MSP
Hi, I am using MSP 2003. I want to know about all the customizing formulas used in MS project with examples. It is there any website, how the formula we can use in ms project?. Thanks In the Project Help screen, type in "formula" and you should get an option for all formulas in custom fields. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > I am using MSP 2003. I want to know about all the customizing > formulas > used in MS project with examples. It is there any website, how the > formula we > can use in ms project?. ...

Alternating fields
I wish to produce a list of alternately male and females records. With a gender field, how could this be achieved? With Gender in column B, create a new column for Count. With the first gender in B2, enter the following in row 2 of the Count column: =COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B2)+1 Copy the formula down to the last row of data Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Sort Sort by Count, then by Gender Shub wrote: > I wish to produce a list of alternately male and females records. > > With a gender field, how could this be achieved? > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, ...

Calculation problem in Excel 2007
Hi, I have a sheet that has hundreds of Index, Match, Offset functions. It is not uncommon for the calculation order to break and the sheet to stall. After some digging around I found this on the Microsoft web site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919127. However, I've managed to reproduce the same problem in Excel 2007. Has anyone seen this in Excel 2007 too? Thanks, Schiz I have never been able to reproduce the problems mentioned in the KB article, even on massive workbooks. I would try Ctr/Alt/Shift/F9 once to rebuild the dependency tree to see if that fixes the problems f...

Is ACT! 2007 really THIS bad?
Cnet rating is Abysmal 1.4 out of 10 for user reviews. Average of 1.5 stars from Amazon.com with review titles like... "Act 2007-Run For your life" "A Support Nightmare!" and "25 hours of problems later...I give up!" I sent some of this stuff to the consultant we were talking to about upgrading and he sent us this.. "Unfortunately, we have become aware of some very unethical tactics of some of the major competitors of ACT (namely Goldmine and salesforce.com) that use many of their partners to actually post review after review that are negative...to the poi...

Outlook 2007 Error Message #2
Receiving the following message: A data file did not close properly the last time i was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in place. It's been a couple hours and the system will not let me open Outlook even in Safe Mode? Any suggestions for this problem. It is very annoying. Although I am able to check my email online. Kimberly Thompson <KimberlyThompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Receiving the following message: A data file did not close properly > the last time i was used and is being checked for problems. ...

DPM 2007 Erase
Hello, why DPM 2007 SP1 it takes so long to erase tapes LTO ? take more than 8 hours Tks. The full erase is supposed to take longer as per the capacity of the tape. This issue is fixed with a new feature called Quick erase in DPM 2010, unfortunately this is not available in DPM 2007 SP1. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. "Al...

Saving Issue in 2007
Hello, I created a PowerPoint 2007 presentation yesterday .pptx and saved it to my network drive. I'm the only person who worked on it. Today I opened the file and made revisions to it. When it's time to save the file, I went to Office Button > SAVE. I got an error saying the file is in READ-ONLY and cannot be saved. I have to rename the file. Does anyone know why this is happening? No one has the file open besides myself. This happened to me on Monday and yesterday. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This will often happen if you'r...

Excel MSP linking
Dear sir , I have prepared one excel sheet.Some cells have linkings from MSP.But the Problem is that the links dont get updated when I reopen the book.I have even changed the settings in excel options,but it doesn't work. Can MSP fields like start or finish be linked to excel and will the fields get updated as per the MSP sheets? -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com ...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

Importing Customers
Can someone tell me how to import customers into RMS. Thank You Your supplier can offer you a importing utility for that reason or you can buy a really good utility here "EMS MS SQL": http://www.ems-hitech.com/mssqlutils/index.phtml#msimport "Paul" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to import customers into RMS. > > Thank You ...

Occasional blank messages in Outlook 2007
I have Norton Internet Security on my laptop with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Only on that laptop do I find that every third or every other newer email message suddenly comes up blank when I start outlook. What may be causing this and how can it be fixed? Thanks! -- Craig Salt Lake City A lot of modern Antivirus products will scan your e-mail for you as it's received (and sometimes sent too). On the surface of it this seems like a good idea but in practice it often causes problems with Outlook such as blank messages, missing attachments, stalls and hangs and other ...

Excel Add-in: Setup Wizard or Installation program needed
Hello, I have created an add-in that I want to be able to distribute as shrink-wrap solution. The problem is that I can't find a way to create an install progra that will identify the user's O/S, Excell version, and the Add-in pat to place the module in. I had thought I could use the "setup wizard" but I have Office 200 Professional (not the developer edition) and so it appears that th wizard is not in my version... I also thought that I could use the "Package & Deployment wizard" fro VB studio 6, but it only looks for "Visual Basic Projects (*.vba) wh...

Office 2007 Spell Checker
I have a mystery. When I start spell checker in Office 207 (this has happened in Word and Excel – it may also happen in others Office 2007 programs) by hitting F7, I get a menu popup called “preparing to install” that leads to another menu that states it is installing “spelling and grammar/style checker.” This started up a day or so ago in Office 2007 Pro that I reinstalled several months ago. Not only that, but it asks me for the FrontPage 2002 CD as the source of the installation files. I do have FrontPage 2002 on the computer. I would be grateful if someone could tell me w...

How to get CRM info in a custom reports
Hello, I would get the CRM user who create the report how can I pass this parameter fromthe CRM Ahmed, I am having problems understanding your request here but maybe you can confirm this is your request. A CRM user creates a report. You need to capture the user's information and send it to: a) CRM b) another application c) make it apart of the report? Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "Ahmed Maaloul" <AhmedMaaloul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:342CD162-F52E-43AF-9D9B-85A26E4889E2@microsoft.com... > Hello, I would get the CRM user who create the...

Migration from 2003 to 2007
Hello all I have installed an Exchange 2007 server into the current 2003 org. EX2007 is running the HT, CA, and mailbox. I had to modify the permissions on the one of the default recieve connectors to allow anonymous connections that was created when i installed EX2007, now i can send emails to users who are on the 2007 box from the internet. My other question is what is the purpose of the other default connector? i have two one listens on port 25 and the other listens on port 587. When users who are on the EX2003 bos send emails to users on the 2007 box I would assume it is using th...

Testing RMS Add-int
Hi, I have developed a add-in for TenderEnd Hook and would like to test it. I have already tested it from my test windows program but would like to test it from RMS. Is there a way to do it as i dont have POS. Thanks Manoj ...

Square Charts in Excel 2007
Has the new improved version of Excel got a function for producing square grapsh (i.e. so the distance between units on the X and Y axes are equal)? If not, why not? Seriously though, any suggestions are welcome. Simon Hi Simon, > Has the new improved version of Excel got a function for producing square > grapsh (i.e. so the distance between units on the X and Y axes are equal)? > If > not, why not? Seriously though, any suggestions are welcome. > > Simon You need to use a scatter chart and change the axes to the same scale. You can do this manually, or with a macro.....

Add Holiday to Calendar
When trying to add the holidays I get an error message Unable to open the file containing holidays. The file may be damaged. Does anyone know what this file is called or how to fix this problem. Cheers Shona Depends on your Outlook version. You should be able to find the info you need at http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:bvr3ev$lk$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com, Shona wrote: > When trying to a...

Install Office 2007 over Publisher 2007
I have one computer that has Publisher 2007 installed. I have recently acquired Office 2007 Professional. I wish to install Office 2007 Pro on the computer that has the Publisher 2007. Will I need to uininstall Publisher 2007 before a complete install of Office 2007. I would like to have the right to install the stand alone version of Publisher 2007 on another computer not running Office 2007 Professional. To comply with the EULA what is the proper thing to do? xseedman wrote: > I wish to install Office 2007 Pro on the computer that has the Publisher > 2007. Will I need to ...

endnotes header in Word 2007
I have a long document, divided into chapters, with many endnotes at the end of the document. I want to set up a header for the endnotes section, and change it from page to page (to indicate what chapter the notes on that page are from, etc.). Two questions: 1) Is there a way to do that -- to make the endnote header vary from page to page? 2) If not, I can make the endnotes a separate file, and then set up my header. But if I do that, all the endnote numbers change to 1. Is there a way to preserve the numbers if I make the endnotes into a new file? If you are inserting chap...

Outlook 2007 not connecting
Hi all, I have exchange 2003 SP2 and am trying to connect outlook 2007 SP2 clients. When setting up the mail, I get to the point where it finds the users email address but fails to log on to the server. The following error is reported. The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable. OUtlook must be on line or connected to complete this action. Any Ideas please? -- Vince ...

custom pos buttons #4
How do you set up custom POS buttons? Is there a website that would have that information? I need the buttons to be set up to sell different items that we sell multiple times throughout the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Yuma explain a bit more. Do you want this to be a button that shows your most frequently sold item [for example top 30 items sold in last 7 days???] or what is it that you want to do?? Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEo - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Yuma" wrote: > How do you set u...

designation of report used with control variable ('er something)
What I am trying to do, is create multiple reports (or I should say, prefabbed letters). Then, using a dropdown box on a "SendLetters" form, allow the user to select the desired letter to send, click a button, and then the corresponding "letter" or report open with the records data where it should be, on the report or letter that was selected in the "letter" or report drop down box. Is this making any sense? Thanks in advance for your help! magmike Hi Not too complicated. You will need to use some VBA to select the report. Suggest you first create a table ...

Can no longer add mailboxes.
Have exchange 2003 and windows 2003. I can no longer seem to add mail boxes. I create user "temp" and enable a mail box. Everything seems to work properly but I cannot log into the OWA with that account. I cannot find the mailbox in the ESM. The account is not listed in the global address book either. I have not had this problem before so I am not sure what has happened. I have about 55 mail boxes that are working just fine. Any ideas? Sounds like a problem with RUS (Recipient Update Service). Have you gone into the user account properties to ensure that there is an e-mail ad...