How do i "strikethrough" when using Microsoft Project

How do i strike through a sentence (as you will do in a Microsoft Word Font)
when using Microsoft Project?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <5A27D878-1EB8-4EB6-8BCF-2C3FAB96E0BF@microsoft.com>,
 trinimadness <trinimadness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do i strike through a sentence (as you will do in a Microsoft Word Font)
> when using Microsoft Project?

trinimadness,
Sorry, no can do. Project is planning and scheduling application, not a
work processor so its text handling capabilities are limited. The best
you can do is to use underline or color the font.

Sorry,
John
Project MVP
0
John
2/28/2010 4:12:54 PM
As it happens, Project 2010 has strikethrough formatting!! Who would have
thunk it!

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"John" <mjensen@theriver.com> wrote in message
> In article <5A27D878-1EB8-4EB6-8BCF-2C3FAB96E0BF@microsoft.com>,
> trinimadness <trinimadness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> How do i strike through a sentence (as you will do in a Microsoft Word
>> Font)
>> when using Microsoft Project?
>
> trinimadness,
> Sorry, no can do. Project is planning and scheduling application, not a
> work processor so its text handling capabilities are limited. The best
> you can do is to use underline or color the font.
>
> Sorry,
> John
> Project MVP

> signature database 4903 (20100228) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4903 (20100228) __________

http://www.eset.com

-1
Rod

strikethrough
Hello I would like to have the ability to use the strikethrough addition on some of my paragraphs. I cannot find this option in publisher. does anyone have a suggestion or font I can use ? thanks Just draw lines and lay them over the txt. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "Gord" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b401c3faef$66942b20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I would like to have the ability to use the strikethrough > addition on some of my ...

strikethrough
if row 1 column 1 has a value that has a strikethrough applied, is there a way in row 1 column 2 to write a conditional statement to check if 1,1 has a strike through..something like if strikethrough exists put a y here, if not put a n thanks. You could use this User Defined Function: Function HasStrikethrough(a As Range) As String If a.Font.Strikethrough Then HasStrikethrough = "Y" Else HasStrikethrough = "N" End Function Enter the VB Editor (ALT+F11), Insert>Module, paste the above code. Now you can use the function as if it were a buillt-in Excel function. Of ...

strikethrough
I need to figure out how to strikethrough various rows on my worksheet as though I were crossing these rows off. Hi, If you select the entire row and do Format > Cells. 1.. If you use Font, only the cell with data will be strikethrough. 2.. if you use Pattern, then they will all have lines. -- JP jp@solutionsvba.com http://www.solutionsvba.com "jessica" <jsauber@echoexcel.com> wrote in message news:5f5601c37d24$1dbaec70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to figure out how to strikethrough various rows on > my worksheet as though I were crossing these rows off....

Strikethrough #3
Using Publisher 2003 is it possible to apply a "strikethrough" to text without exporting the story to Word 2003? Word can't seem to send it back to Publisher with the strikethrough applied. Sam W. wrote: > Using Publisher 2003 is it possible to apply a "strikethrough" to text > without exporting the story to Word 2003? Draw a line through the text using the Line tool. Publisher has no support for Strikethrough text. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org 'Use Publisher 2000 here and strikethrough is not available; probably the ...

Can I use the strikethrough feature for a font in Publisher?
In Excel, there is a strikethrough feature for fonts. How can i use that feature in Publisher? "peacepreschool" <peacepreschool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5542DDC8-B56E-47D5-BFD2-1591DFAD7FDF@microsoft.com... > In Excel, there is a strikethrough feature for fonts. > How can i use that feature in Publisher? That feature isn't available in Publisher. Workaround - you can create a line and place that over the text you need to strike-out. May be other ways and if so I am sure someone else will post here. ...

Strikethrough in Publisher 2000
I need to use the strikethrough feature in my Publisher 2000 document. How do I do THAT? Thanks for any tips!! Use the line tool, only way... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gloria" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68e401c40143$69534d00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to use the strikethrough feature in my Publisher > 2000 document. How do I do THAT? > > Thanks for any tips!! Somebody just asked this last week. Draw a line and move it...

strikethrough #2
I lost the strikethrough icon in the toolbar and it doesn't appear in the add or remove buttons list so that I can restore it. Tools|Customize|commands tab|format category Scroll down the list until you find StrikeThrough and drag it to your toolbar. herbzee wrote: > > I lost the strikethrough icon in the toolbar and it doesn't appear in > the add or remove buttons list so that I can restore it. -- Dave Peterson right click on the grey area of a toolbar select customize select the commands tab select format scroll down until you find the strikethrough button grab and...

Strikethrough
I am so close to completing my project. I just need to figure out how to conditionally format a strikethrough when it is not an option in Access Reports. I know there has to be a work around to make this happen. You can use code in the On Format event to draw a line through your text with the Line method. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "gymlyle" wrote: > I am so close to completing my project. I just need to figure out how to > conditionally format a strikethrough when it is not an option in Access > Reports. I know there has to be a work around to make thi...

all my email messages appear with a strikethrough
I am a brand, spanking new user to Outlook, having used Outlook Express and Mozilla Thunderbird in the past. I just set up my first e-mail account in Outlook 2003 and all my email messages appear greyed out and with a strikethrough line all the way across them. What did I do wrong and how do I get rid of it? Thank you! In news:D0250B85-8028-434B-ADB4-7334F48FBCEA@microsoft.com, mlansell <mlansell@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am a brand, spanking new user to Outlook, having used Outlook > Express and Mozilla Thunderbird in the past. I just set up my first > e-ma...

Text Strikethrough
Using Office 2003 and went to use the strikethrough feature that Word has, but it appears Pub, doesn't. Hoping that's it there somewhere ... it's just hard to find maybe? I would've thought MS would have kept the Format/Font Dialogue in both Apps the same. Cheers Gary No, Publisher doesn't have strikethrough. You can draw a line manually and lock it to the text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Gary Dingle" <garydingle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d0hb35oqqp3e4ljoil...

strikethrough #4
How do i strikethrough a word in publisher it does not show up under the font tab effects. Lilly wrote: > How do i strikethrough a word in publisher it does not show up under > the font tab effects. ================== Just manually add a line. Click the "Line" button in your left pane and left click drag it where you need it. To adjust the position of the line...left click/select it and nudge it with your arrow keys. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not ...

strikethrough #2
I want to mark a word that has been/needs to be replaced, so I want to put a line through it. You will need to literally draw a line thru it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "katwalkers" <katwalkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5616AD1-233A-47B0-85EB-32D620FFE4DB@microsoft.com... >I want to mark a word that has been/needs to be replaced, so I want to put >a > line through it. ...

Strikethrough numbers and continue sequence
Can I make a numbered column keep sequence if a # has been struckthru? ...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Re:strikethrough
In word we can strike through a sentence or a word, where the selected word or sentence is stricken out. Can the same thing done in excel? If yes, how? Regards. Hi Newbie: Try: Format | Cells | Font | tick the Strikethrough checkbox --- Regards, Norman "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message news:OevVvEviFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > In word we can strike through a sentence or a word, where the selected > word > or sentence is stricken out. > Can the same thing done in excel? > If yes, how? > Regards. > > > Hi Norman, Than...

How can I use strikethrough in a Publisher 2007 document?
I want to use strikethrough on some text within a textbox in a Publisher 2007 document, but I cannot find that option under formatting font. Under the Edit tab, I see "Edit Story Using Microsoft Word" and this takes me to a screen where I can get at the MSWord strikethrough formatting, but when I close that window, the strikethrough disappears. The only way to have strikethrough in Publisher is to select the line tool and draw a line through the text. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49640...

Strikethrough Copying its self
When I use the strikethrough function on on row and then move to the next row, the function seems to copy its self to any cell below that doesn't have data in it. How do I correct this? In xl2002, it's under: Tools|options|Edit Tab Uncheck "extend list formats and formulas" In other versions (xl2003???), the option was renamed. But I bet you can find it. PNIACC wrote: > > When I use the strikethrough function on on row and then > move to the next row, the function seems to copy its self > to any cell below that doesn't have data in it. How do I &g...

countif strikethrough
How do I write a formula to count a cell if the font is strikethrough? I can really make the conditional format to be any type of font or cell change - whatever is easiest for the formula. Thanks! Here is a User Defined Function (UDF) that will do what you want: Public Function CountStrike(r As Range) As Long Application.Volatile CountStrike = 0 For Each rr In r If rr.Font.Strikethrough = True Then CountStrike = CountStrike + 1 End If Next End Function User Defined Functions (UDFs) are very easy to install and use: 1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE windo...

Strikethrough in MS Publisher
I edit the newsletter for a group I belong to and had the need to publish some changes in the group's Operating Guidelines. I did this in Word using strikethrough to remove parts no longer needed and edited the changes into the text in a contrasting colour. I copied and pasted this into a text box in Publisher which removed the strikethrough. The only way I've found to get this document into Publisher is to convert it to a pdf file and paste it. This gives a fuzzy image. Is there a way to get a clearer reproduction? I'm using the latest versions of Word and Publisher. ...

Strikethrough effect on text
Is there a strikethrough effect for text similiar to Word, vs just drawing a line and laying it over the text. Thank you. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tedo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Is there a strikethrough effect for text similiar to > Word, vs just drawing a line and laying it over the text. There is no Strikethrough effect, you have to draw a line and layer it. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/discla...

How do I strikethrough a word in Publisher?
I want to show the change being made in a schedule. I would like to strikethrough a word to indicate such. Susan wrote: > I want to show the change being made in a schedule. I > would like to strikethrough a word to indicate such. ================== Just manually add a line. Click the "Line" button in your left pane and left click drag it where you need it. To adjust the position of the line...left click/select it and nudge it with your arrow keys. -- *********Notice*********** This is not tech support ........I am a volunteer....... Solutions that work for me may...

How to remove red strikethrough generated as an error?
In Excel, I'm typing in a lastname, firstname middleinitial in one field. To get rid of the red strikethrough I've tried deleting and retyping, Edit--clear--formats, releasing through Format--effects--strikethrough. There appears to be no validation or links that I can see. The name still appears in red with a strikethrough line. I think it might be generated as a result of some error. Thank you. Could it be the result of format|conditional formatting? FiscallyCOC wrote: > > In Excel, I'm typing in a lastname, firstname middleinitial in one field. To > get ri...

how do I apply strikethrough in Publisher?
I can't find anything about applying strikethrough to selected text in Publisher. Any ideas? Ike Confused wrote: > I can't find anything about applying strikethrough to selected text in > Publisher. Any ideas? ================== Just manually add a line. Click the "Line" button in your left pane and left click drag it where you need it. To adjust the position of the line...left click/select it and nudge it with your arrow keys. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp ...

Adding Strikethrough to the Ribbon
Hi guys, I want to add the strikethrough command to the ribbon in excel 2007. Does somebody know how to do this? Thanks in advance! Martijn You can add it to the QAT if you want See http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm Ctrl Shift F is also a way or you can click on the dialog box launcher in the font group -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm <martijn.damen@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1174826823.370271.303100@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > I want to add the strikethrough command to the ribbon in excel 2007. > Do...

Sumif based on strikethrough
Hello, I want to do a SUMIF based on the text attribute "strikethrough" (i.e. do not sum those that are strikethrough). I found one based on colors, but that is not quite the same....Anybody who can help? Ingmar ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, you can only do this through VB code. Here's an example piece of code that will run through a range of starting in A1 (you can change accordingly), find the last populated cell...