How do I get the Legend to print correctly?

When I am printing out my project sometimes, the bottom Legend prints
gobbly-gook (information that doesn't make sense) how do I stop it from doing
that?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

File/Page Setup...  pull the Legend tab.  Everything available to you is on
that tab.  Perhaps a change to the Legend height is in order.  If that
doesn't help, please post back with a precise problem definition.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"Maiya Burns" wrote:

> When I am printing out my project sometimes, the bottom Legend prints
> gobbly-gook (information that doesn't make sense) how do I stop it from doing
> that?
Hello Maiya Burns,

There was a problem with early releases of Project 2007 where
running the Gantt Chart Wizard scrambled the names of task bars.
You should install SP-2, however, that will not fix the problem in
existing files.

To removed the scrambled task bars names (which is what shows in the
legend), go to Format > Bar Styles.  Rename the bars in the dialog
and your legend should be fixed.  Be aware if you run the Gantt
Chart Wizard again, the problem may reappear.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

"Maiya Burns" <Maiya Burns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9E771E71-120C-46D5-84CC-56D7995577AC@microsoft.com...
> When I am printing out my project sometimes, the bottom Legend
> prints
> gobbly-gook (information that doesn't make sense) how do I stop it
> from doing
> that?

0
JulieS

print the tracking page
Windows XP Office 2003 Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab when I shedule meetings? When I try to do this, the "Appointment" tab shows up as the page being printed...??? Any suggestions? Thanks, Lou Sanderson only with a screen print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

A Crystal Beginner

Printing Issue #3
I am trying to make an invitation using publisher 2003. I am required to use a couple of photo's I have got of the school's website but they don't print. Normal clip art images will print but my pictures of the internet won't. I have tried saving them to the computer then using them and also copying and pasting and neither works. I also thought it might be because they were from the net so I used the orignals of a cd and it still did not print. They are being used as an image behind text but even without text over the top they still fail to print. The advance print...

Get paid while you get online!!

Print resizing, duh
I feel like a dummy for asking, but, I've played with Page Setup, Page Break, Print Area, etc., etc. and can't figure out how to resize the printed image. I'm printing in Landscape and the length (left to right) is full-page(11"). What I want to do is increase the width (height - up and down) to fill in more of the page (8.5"). Is this possible? Thanks -- quiddity ------------------------------------------------------------------------ quiddity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27202 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Excel opens correct view
I get excel all set up with a freeze pane showing about half the columns ( also just hid the unnecessary columns) and save it and when I open it - its just like i saved it - Great!. Then I publish it in Frontpage and it opens in preview or with IE on the web showing every column I hid. So when it opens with excel or explore - Great - when it gets published it opens differently exposing all the hidden columns. How do i fix this - big sheet is not acceptable to client. Jim2003 Try selecting the entire workbook and copy/pasting special (values), then delete the rows you don't need t...

Question on Printing Subtotals
Probably answered dozens of times, and I did a Google search with no success. I have subtotals calculated in three fields, Puchase Price, Paid, and Balance. I hide the details to Copy - Paste only the calculated subtotals to another workbook, but all the details are pasted as well. Is there a way to suppress Pasting the details. I could obviousy accomplish this with a Pivot Table, but management prefers the display provided by Subtotals. Many thanks. use a macro for specialcells(xlvisible) or use f5 goto special>visible cells only -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

print dialogue box
Is there a way you can configure only one print box to appear right before you print a email message. Currently there are two difference boxes that appear at random. Not exactly at random....Emails which are in HTML format are printed using the IE print dialogue, as opposed to Text messages (Plain or RIch Text) which are printed with the native Outlook print dialogue. I do not believe there is a way to change this behavior. "DS" wrote: > Is there a way you can configure only one print box to appear right before > you print a email message. Currently there are two dif...

How do I get??

Booklet printing #5
I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and have been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax. Now I want to print the booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and internal pages. What is the better way to schedule the print? Use a separate publication for the cover. Are you printing the booklet yourself? Some printers have the option of printing the first page on different stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net&...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Poor quality printing report with photo
Access 2007 - I am using an attachment field to link to a photos. I have tried jpg, png and tif format. All are good quality in the Report View and Layout View, but in Print Preview they have jagged red streaks through the photo and print with those streaks on most printers. i have found one printe that for some reason seems to print the report ok, but it doesn't handle the paper we want to use. Anyone have any idea or have experience a similar occurance. If I embed the photo it works ok, but makes the database huge. "Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Get photos from a camera