how do i get tasks to move out days as they become past due?

so as the date slides...  i would like the attached downstream tasks to slide
also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my finish
date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <D1E36A3A-38AE-4866-9D38-E437EC5649B1@microsoft.com>,
 D <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> so as the date slides...  i would like the attached downstream tasks to slide
> also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my finish
> date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003.

D,
This will happen automatically if, tasks are linked logically without
constraints. For reference, if you created your file by manually
entering start and/or finish dates, Project will automatically set
constraints on all tasks.

John
Project MVP
0
John
5/13/2010 5:57:24 PM
Get set up for tracking and updating so that you can see what you are doing,
6 steps:
Save a baseline
Set a status date
Show the Tracking Gantt View
Show the Tracking Table
Show the Tracking Toolbar
Format the gridlines to show the status date as a vertical red line on the
chart

Input the Actual Start date/time.
Input the Actual Duration, usually the number of days from the actual start
to the status date.
If necessary, ie you have laid more or less bricks than estimated, revise
the remaining duration
If tghe task is finished, input the Actual Finish date/time

Experiment with the 2nd and 3rd buttons on the Tracking Toolbar.

Do not enter % Complete. The software calculates that for you from Actual
Duration/Total Duration.
Never show planned duration in the past.
Never show progress in the future.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so as the date slides...  i would like the attached downstream tasks to
> slide
> also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my
> finish
> date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003.

0
Trevor

A Crystal Beginner

default days
On excel 2003 i am using networkdays function on that the default was set to 5 days now i want to change it to 6 days. How do i proceed Do you mean 6 working days in a week? If so, try =SUMPRODUCT(INT((MAX(end_date,start_date)-WEEKDAY(MAX(end_date,start_date)+1 -{2;3;4;5;6;7})-MIN(end_date,start_date)+8)/7)) -SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH(WEEKDAY(holidays),{2;3;4;5;6;7},0))*(holidays>=MI N(end_date,start_date))*(holidays<=MAX(end_date,start_date))) This assume Mon-Sat, so just change the array 2;3;4;5;6;7 to 1;2;3;4;5;6 if you want Sun-Fri. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from e...

Tasks reminders in the calendar.
I've allready googled around but it looks to me it's impossible to show tasks reminders (not start and due dates) in the calendar. If this is true is unbeleivable! What the hell of integrated product is this? If we have a calendar that handles reminders, how could MS forget to integrate wherever-generated reminders in the calendar? Outlook 2003 Regards I ve always wanted that feature. It seems that would be a pretty logical/resonable funtion to have.... or... if someone knows how to have tasks appear on the homepage task list as a reminder, as opposed to having the task sitti...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Tasks
Hi, I've been trying to edit the Task form so that I can have both a regarding account and a regarding case for each task (by default I can have only one regarding value). Is there some way I can add the system attributes to an entity so I can choose them onto the form. A task form should be like this: Subject Description Account Case User Duration Due by I have one that can be either Account or Case but I'd like to be able to register both. Is this possible? Thanks, Valdimar Valdimar, It is not possible to add relationships between system entities in v3.0, so you ...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

macro Copy and paste from one worksheet to another
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 within the workbook I have a worksheet call "Detail" I want to copy and paste selected data to another worksheet called "Exhibit A" or "Exhibit B" based on data from a cell. Name Type Exhibit row 1 John Doe Cash Exhibit A row 2 John Smith Credit Exhibit B row 3 Jane Doe Cash Exhibit A Data from row1 and row 3 will go to worksheet called "Exhibit A" starting from cell A4 and so on. Data from row 2 will go to worksheet called "Exhibi...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

History
Is there any way to move history from one account to another. We have had users accidentally attach emails to the wrong account - similar names or duplicate account. In an effort to keep the history with the correct account we need to move it from the wrong account. Is this possible? you could merge the duplicate accounts ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2523E08E-1CC5-4AC5-8040-6F6162AB4D30@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to move histor...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Can't email new Public folders after moving from exch 2k to exch 2k3
All of the public folders created in exch 2k still work normally, any new public folder made in exch 2k3 won't let you email them regardless of the smtp address. I've made sure that all of the anonymous permissions are correct. It just sends a rejected by server error. Any ideas? R ...