HELP... Macro challenge (not coding)

I'm working on a big project file for our whole department to use.  I set up
a macro that will make some steps easier for my teammates.   But then i just
realized (when i was testing something on one of their machines) that the
macro is tied to the software on my machine, not on the Project file itself.
Is there a way to associate the macro to the file show it shows up on any
department computer?  I've looked through a couple of books and can't find
anything. The thought of rebuilding the macro on everyone's machine makes me
a bit nauseous.

Thanks!
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

In the VBE, drag the module from the Global.mpt into the project folder. The
macro then travels with the file. Is that what you want?

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"mdoster" <mdoster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a big project file for our whole department to use.  I set
> up
> a macro that will make some steps easier for my teammates.   But then i
> just
> realized (when i was testing something on one of their machines) that the
> macro is tied to the software on my machine, not on the Project file
> itself.
> Is there a way to associate the macro to the file show it shows up on any
> department computer?  I've looked through a couple of books and can't find
> anything. The thought of rebuilding the macro on everyone's machine makes
> me
> a bit nauseous.
>
> Thanks!

> signature database 5167 (20100602) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5167 (20100602) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Zip Code Lookup Software
Anyone aware of any 3rd party software that will autofill state with proper zip using US Postal Service Zip Code database? Thanks, Nick Two that have been around a long time are Group 1 (www.g1.com) and PostalSoft (http://www.firstlogic.com/solutions/mailing/default.asp). The USPS used to provide a service to run your list as well. In most cases, you'll need to 'sanitize' your database (with regular updates) which is normally fed by address and city/state (ZIP, or ZIP+4). CASS certs on mail require other conformity, too. P. "Nick Maxwell" wrote: > Anyone...

Import data using macro
Hi, how do you use excel to import a text file using a macro to do the work for you? I start by creating a new workbook. Then turn on the macro recorder and open that text file. (Try not to make errors--it can make clean up troublesome.) Then format the worksheet (headers/footers/page layout/filters,freeze panes) exactly the way you want. When you're done, turn off the macro recorder. Close the imported file and back to your other workbook. Insert a giant button from the forms toolbar on the first worksheet (with instructions). Then save it. Now go into the vbe and start tweakin...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

help me #2

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

VBA code to perform calculations
Hello. Some background for my question. I have a db that contains (among other things) cost codes and cost types. I have written IIf statements for this, but now think that it's going to get way too big, I want to use VBA coding. For example. If cost code/cost type = 20110.5320 (a cost field) and is greater than zero, then take this amount and divide it by txtFirewatchLabEst (which is an manhour field). Result returned in currency format. I have over 40 of these scenareos to perform these calculations. In the next field: If cost code/cost type = 20110.5320 (a ...

Sort Macro #2
I recorded this macro to sort a list according to a custom list. The problem I have is that it does not sort on another users Excel because they don't have the same customs list. Is there a way round this problem? Sub Macro1() Columns("N:N").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("N1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=12, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub Hi! Application.AddCustomList ListArray:=Range("A1:A10") will add a custo list to a workbook using a range y...

Macro Recording Error
Word 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3 I have run into a (apparently) random, but recurring error while recording macros: The macro records without a Sub line, displays fine in the editor, but crashes Word when I click inside the editor window. Any thoughts? Error Info: AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 11.0.8313.0 AppStamp:4a793d83 ModName: vbe6.dll ModVer: 6.5.10.40 ModStamp:48a4b5d6 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00075b00 ...

bcc help