Help Combining filters

MSP2007  I'm trying to print out a project.  I have two filters that I would
like to combine into one.  Both filters work fine but when I try to put them
together fail.

Filter1
Flag1 equals NO

Filter2
       Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09

I have tried making different combinations with no luck such as:

Filter3
       Flag1 equals NO
AND (also tried OR)
       Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
      And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09

Filter4
       Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
       And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
AND (also tried OR)
       Flag1 equals NO

Steve

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Steve,

Try creating an autofilter using the 3 columns and criteria.  You may
then save the autofilter as a "regular" filter.  You'll discover the
saved filter as blank lines between each of the 3 criteria.

If you need more detailed information on creating and saving the
autofilter, let us know.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 1/13/2010 1:48 PM, Steve wrote:
> MSP2007  I'm trying to print out a project.  I have two filters that I would
> like to combine into one.  Both filters work fine but when I try to put them
> together fail.
>
> Filter1
> Flag1 equals NO
>
> Filter2
>         Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
> And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
>
> I have tried making different combinations with no luck such as:
>
> Filter3
>         Flag1 equals NO
> AND (also tried OR)
>         Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
>        And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
>
> Filter4
>         Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
>         And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
> AND (also tried OR)
>         Flag1 equals NO
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
> Steve

0
JulieS
1/13/2010 7:12:10 PM
Thank you, I'll give it a try...
Steve

"JulieS" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Try creating an autofilter using the 3 columns and criteria.  You may
> then save the autofilter as a "regular" filter.  You'll discover the
> saved filter as blank lines between each of the 3 criteria.
>
> If you need more detailed information on creating and saving the
> autofilter, let us know.
>
> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>

> On 1/13/2010 1:48 PM, Steve wrote:
> > MSP2007  I'm trying to print out a project.  I have two filters that I would
> > like to combine into one.  Both filters work fine but when I try to put them
> > together fail.
> >
> > Filter1
> > Flag1 equals NO
> >
> > Filter2
> >         Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
> > And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
> >
> > I have tried making different combinations with no luck such as:
> >
> > Filter3
> >         Flag1 equals NO
> > AND (also tried OR)
> >         Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
> >        And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
> >
> > Filter4
> >         Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
> >         And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
> > AND (also tried OR)
> >         Flag1 equals NO
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
> > Steve
> >

> .

You're welcome Steve and thanks for the feedback.  If you need any
additional help, let us know.

Julie

On 1/14/2010 11:24 AM, Steve wrote:
> Thank you, I'll give it a try...
> Steve
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>

>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Try creating an autofilter using the 3 columns and criteria.  You may
>> then save the autofilter as a "regular" filter.  You'll discover the
>> saved filter as blank lines between each of the 3 criteria.
>>
>> If you need more detailed information on creating and saving the
>> autofilter, let us know.
>>
>> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>

>> On 1/13/2010 1:48 PM, Steve wrote:
>>
>>> MSP2007  I'm trying to print out a project.  I have two filters that I would
>>> like to combine into one.  Both filters work fine but when I try to put them
>>> together fail.
>>>
>>> Filter1
>>> Flag1 equals NO
>>>
>>> Filter2
>>>          Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
>>> And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
>>>
>>> I have tried making different combinations with no luck such as:
>>>
>>> Filter3
>>>          Flag1 equals NO
>>> AND (also tried OR)
>>>          Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
>>>         And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
>>>
>>> Filter4
>>>          Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
>>>          And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
>>> AND (also tried OR)
>>>          Flag1 equals NO
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>>> Steve
>>>

>> .

0
JulieS
1/14/2010 4:50:41 PM
Hello Steve,

Superb.  I'm glad you found the combination that works for you and thanks
very much for the feedback.
Julie
"Steve" wrote:

> Julie, it almost worked.  But you got me on the right path.  I tried using
> the three autofilters together but the Flag1 for "No" would not hide the
> "Yes".  The Start and Finish did their thing.  So I went back to the simple
> filter I build that worked and applied it:
>
> Filter1
> Flag1 equals NO
> with the summary unclicked
>
> I then used the autofilter for the Start & Finish and the combination
> worked...  Did the save and ended up with:
> Filter2
>        Flag1 equals NO
> And
>        Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11
> And
>        Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09
>
> Thank you so very much,
> Steve
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > Thank you, I'll give it a try...
> > Steve
> >
> > "JulieS" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Steve,
> > >
> > > Try creating an autofilter using the 3 columns and criteria.  You may
> > > then save the autofilter as a "regular" filter.  You'll discover the
> > > saved filter as blank lines between each of the 3 criteria.
> > >
> > > If you need more detailed information on creating and saving the
> > > autofilter, let us know.
> > >
> > > I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
> > >
> > > Julie
> > > Project MVP
> > >
> > > Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> > > information about Microsoft Project

> > > .

HELP
Previously using outlook with network as workgroup. Went to main office and joined domain.. got new persona. How do I import my mail from the other persona? I exported to a .pst and logged into the domain, I tried to import but it says I do not have permission to import. Any ideas? Make sure the PST file is located on a drive where you have read/write/modify/exclusive access rights. "Mike Gregg" <mgregg@emamarketing.com> wrote in message news:efmVNaWGHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Previously using outlook with network as workgroup. > > Went to main off...

help #29
howdo i set up the mail account for outgoing and incoming for outlook ,,,,what is the protocol i type in the perspective boxes to get and send mail???? i am getting the mail from a server that is on the internet for work Ask your mail admin - we don't know. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jerrysetting up a mail account on outlook asked: | howdo...

help with IF THEN #6
What is the correct syntax to write a statement that, in english, does this If cell L4 = 0 Then delete cells K4 through M4 and shift the cells up Better yet can something be written that checks all L cells for the 0 value and if it finds 0 then deletes the adjacent K through M cells and shifts all cells up TIA ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Login Help!
Thanks in advance for your time and help. I have created Login form. But My code is not working. When I click on Login button, the control goes to On Error GoTo Err_LoginButton_Click I dont know whats wrong with the code: here is the code: Private Sub LoginButton_Click() On Error GoTo Err_LoginButton_Click Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strUser As String Dim strPassword As String txtEmpID.SetFocus strUser = txtEmpID txtEmpPass.SetFocus strPassword = txtEmpPass Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select EmpID, EmpPassword from tblEmpID where EmpID = " & strU...

Deleting combined records from Access table
I have two tables that are joined by item numbers. I want Table A to have items numbers that are not in Table B. How can I create a query that will delete all records from Table A that are in Table B? On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:17:50 -0000, txlongorn <a.patel76@gmail.com> wrote: >I have two tables that are joined by item numbers. I want Table A to >have items numbers that are not in Table B. How can I create a query >that will delete all records from Table A that are in Table B? DELETE TableA.* FROM TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.itemnumber = TableB.itemnumber; Back up your...

Combine 'AND' and 'OR' in Query

Intelligent Message Filtering #2
I installed IMF yesterday and set the level to 2 and selected "delete". I came in this morning and all the contents of my e-mails were blank? Where did they go and how do I get them back? Help? Eve all my old mail that I had in my mailbox. On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:49:04 -0800, Jeff Ribbing <JeffRibbing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I installed IMF yesterday and set the level to 2 and selected "delete". I >came in this morning and all the contents of my e-mails were blank? Where >did they go and how do I get them back? Help? Eve all my old ...

recipient policy filters, how to?
thank you everyone with your help so far. this is my last problem: i now have exchange handling email for 2 domains. it all works nice. the only thing is that i dont want addresses generated for the second domain for all users. i only want to manually add the second address from time to time. i was told that to do that i shouldnt add the second domain to the default recipient policy, but instead to create another recipient policy and use a filter? i played around and then backed out not wanting to mess with it too much. as a test i created a new recipient policy just to look at it. it has the ...

Newbie needs help with code
Hi, I need help with the following codes: //PicklistItems.h class CPicklistItems : public CObject { public: void AddItem(CPicklistParser objParser); /* some other methods and properties here..... */ } //PickListParser.h class CPicklistParser { public: void ClearArray(); CString GetString(int i); int GetCount(); void ParseLine(CString strLine); CPicklistParser(); virtual ~CPicklistParser(); private: int m_nCount; char m_cQuoter; char m_cDelimiter; CStringArray m_aStrings; }; //main.cpp CPicklistParser objParser; CPicklistItems objItems; /* some other codes here...... /...

HELP ! WebFolder display no resource
Hi, I have a big trouble with my WebDav Server Implementation: - I use Windows XP SP2 - My server work with litmus-0.10.4 - MS Office Work BUT WebFolder doing a PROPFIND display no folder and respond that the folder is not available. It use to work with WebFolders but may after some chage of my code ??? it doesn't work. I don't understand. -> It's working with NetDrive, DavExplorer -> Same error with WebDAVPlot HELP ! Best Regards The WebFolder Request: ********************** [SpyFilter] - =================================== [SpyFilter] - Headers [SpyFilter] - --------...

Filter by Time
Excel 2007 - I am trying to filter by time to show how many records are between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Here is the format of the record: 6:20:26 AM (hh:mm:ss) I have about 27,000 records and just want to show how many are between 6am and 6pm. How can I do this? I have tried different filters but they don't seem to be working for what I need. I keep getting blanks. did you try applying an autofilter to the range and using the dropdowns to filter the records on the time column? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "duketter" <duketter@discussions.micros...

Still need help
Is there a way to save information in certain cells and place them into other cells in another excel file by using macros or any other functions? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It isn't clear exactly what you want to do, but you can get the value of one cell in another with a function like =Sheet1!A1 This will return the value of A1 on Sheet1 to the cell containing the formula. If you want VBA code, try something like Worksheets(2).Range("...

Printing Help you are my last hope!
Hello. I'm a Direct Sales Contractor for local Cable company. For years they have been providing my reports on BlueBar (some call i Green Bar). I'd never seen the stuff (im young don't have muc experience in the buisness environment). I run about 5000 pages a month in reports, if not more. This didn' bother me because the Cable Company covered the cost of printing an ink. As of last week, they've changed the way they give me the reports. Instead of getting this report on BlueBar they've given it to me o Legal paper which is smaller. They've fit all the inform...

Need help with macro error
Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' ActiveSheet.Shapes("ClearWorkSheet").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "Clear WorkSheet" & Chr(10) & "Clear WorkSheet" With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=31).Font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Regular" .Size = 10 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont = False .Shadow = False .Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone .ColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With Range("C9&q...

Help deploy new trigger to Greatplains
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C4AC7C.387AF180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please advice why GP does not pick up our new code chunk- 1. Copy current Dynamics.dic to my working folder rename it to = MyProj.dic 2. Open Dexterity,=20 a. add script to ask "Are you ready to print", "Yes", "No", "" and save as TestScript b. add Startup script to add the trigger to execute TestScript when = print button or print option is clicked=20 What sh...

Need Help 12-28-07
Exactly how do i download and transfer a disk of windows xp to upgrade a system built on windows 2000 professional if there is any help it would be nice but if i have to buy it how do i download windows xp to a disc so it would not hurt my system because i run on windows vista -- John Jarrell Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem, such as one of the Windows newsgroups. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-...

Intelligent Message Filter Blocking All Mail to New Domain
Hello, I have a Exchange 2003 server that is handling mail for abc.com. We installed the Intelligent Message Filter in June and it has done extremely well at blocking thousands of SPAM messages a week. We just bought a new company 123.com and I created a new Recipiant Policy for the domain under the Default Policy. Mail is going out OK but the Intelligent Message Filter is blocking all mail to 123.com. We have the SCL set to 5. All mail to 123.com is getting a rating of 5 or 6. Is there a problem because 123.com is not the primary domain? Thanks, Pete Dear Pete, Thank you for posting...

Creating my first Workflow Rule
Hi there, I'm new to Microsoft CRM. We've just installed v3.0 and I'm trying to create my first workflow rule using the Workflow Manager. When a new account is created I want an email notification to be sent to the account owner. I've tried to create this rule, but honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I followed the giude in the help documentation, but I guess it's not detailed enough for me to get this first one created correctly. I think I need a 'guide for dummies' if such a thing exists. If anyone out there can help me create my first workflow rul...

Help function in danish
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a danish version of Microsoft Office for mac. All menu's are in danish , but when i active the help function answers is in English. How do i change that ? You can't switch User Interface Languages in Microsoft Office on the Mac. Do you have an English version also installed? If so, we may need to separate the installations into two separate user IDs. Hope this helps On 15/03/10 6:19 AM, in article 59bb5338.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Martin_Hjadstrup_Hansen@officeformac.com&...

how to filter by the first digit of list
Hi, I have the following 2 columns ID Text 1000 abc 1001 def 1002 …… 1003 1004 2000 2001 2002 3000 3001 What I want to do is filtering the list by using for example the first 3 digit For example, I want to filter by using 1000 and its sequence numbers 1001, 1002….. How to do that Jon - If you are using AutoFilter, you can use the the Custom option. If your ID field is text, use the 'Starts With' and the numbers you want to start with (e.g. 100). If your ID field is numeric, then use 'Greater Than Or Equal To' and 1000, then click the AND but...

Junk E-mail filtering on the client side
Hello, I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where the server is, they cannot delete the emails on the server, so I need to do this on each client. Is there a simple way of doing it? (We use Outlook 2003) Thank you. On 5/27/2005 9:27:38 AM, BullGates wrote: >Hello, > > I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked >in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where >the server is, they cannot delete the ...

Newbie needs help in programming in MFC for windows CE
See i want to create a program where i have a dialog box with two editboxes and a button called "Add" .My edit boxes should accept integer values and my 'Add' button must add those two values.I had already created a code where i can enter a string into an edit box and get it dispalyed through a message box in pocket pc 2003 .Now i tried declaring two integers and using GetDlgItemInt to read those integers from the editbox and get it displayed in a message box in the same way as above but cant get my code to work,am i wrong in doing so,pls pls help me out......i am using Evc++...

Error 623 pls help
I went from a dialup connection to a cable connection and since then I am getting the following error message when I click on the send/receive button in Outlook 2002. "Cannot load dialog. Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection". I am able to send and receive mail but can anyone tell me what this msg means? It is quite annoying. Thanks. Try giving this a read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;281066&Product=ol2002 >-----Original Message----- >I went from a dialup connection to a cable connection and si...

Mail sent to me by other people arrives as being sent by me. Help!
A colleague is experiencing this problem: When an email arrives from someone, Outlook says the email is from her. When she opens the email, the "to" and "from" fields are accurate and say who the email is coming from. So, the only way you can tell who the email is from is by opening it. Basically, it looks like she is emailing herself, but when you open the email, it looks normal. This has been happening to her for a week now (well before the latest Doom virus). Now, in light of the virus, she can't tell which emails to open, since everything that comes in looks li...

help...Send/receive error (0x800CCC6D)
ISP is Road Runner and I have Yahoo Web Hosting and related email. I Use POP and SMTP to my Outlook so I can read emails through Outlook. I have not had any problems until recently. My Send/receive is constantly showing the following error, regardless of how big the file being sent is and the send/receive process is now taking forever. I've tried rebooting, called my ISP who said they can't help, and reset my existing account.....all to to effect. The error is as follows: Task'sp2@group - sending and receiving' reported error (0x800CCC6D):'your outgoing (SMT...