Finger print sensor not working to activate computer

Finger print sensor on computer is not wowking to activate computer
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jun 3, 12:03=A0pm, peterk76 <peter...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Finger print sensor on computer is not wowking to activate computer

And this is a MSProject issue?
0
Curmudgeon

------=_NextPart_000_05EA_01CB048C.815AB890

Hi Peter,

This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft =
Project.  I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that =
deals with sensor driver problems.

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  "peterk76" <peterk76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Finger print sensor on computer is not wowking to activate computer
------=_NextPart_000_05EA_01CB048C.815AB890

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Peter,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">This newsgroup is specifically for =
matters=20
dealing with Microsoft Project.&nbsp; I suggest you try to find a more=20
appropriate newsgroup that deals with sensor driver =
problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"peterk76" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:peterk76@discussions.microsoft.com">peterk76@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:733DA8A5-9365-4478-881C-88DAF59089DB@microsoft.com">news:733=
DA8A5-9365-4478-881C-88DAF59089DB@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Finger=20
  print sensor on computer is not wowking to activate=20
computer</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_05EA_01CB048C.815AB890--

0
Mike

IIS7 and Active Directory
Hi, I have IIS7 setup with a directory secured using BASIC Authentication only. The directory is on a network share but only two Active Directory usernames have NTFS permissions to this folder. One username is for the IIS entry to have permission to the share. The second username is to be used externally/publically when visiting the website. It works great. The username can login fine. But... So can all the other usernames within Active Directory. I have isolated this shared folder to only allow these two usernames (both in their own security groups too), yet every userna...

Anyone using ACG Soft's OTF Printing?
Hi, I use ACG Soft's "OTF Printing" (Developer's Version) and would like to stretch it a bit. I would like to be able to have it create postscript output without prompting the user for any input ! I have the path and file name where I want the resulting "print file" to be stored. What I need to know is how do I invoke OTF and pass it that information so it'll somehow cause the Access Report (whose name I must also obviously pass to OTF as well) to create this "ps" file? After the file is created, I'll be sending it somewhere --- so I don&...

Print Area Printing
Greetings; I want to print two columns. I have selected 10 rows on one column, held the control key down and select the corrisponding rows on a column about 10 columns over on the worksheet. ex: column A and Column L, rows 10 - 20 respectfully. I have then gone to the file, print area, set print area. fine to this point. I then got to print preview and seen the areas to print are sellected althouth 10 columns apart.... I then sellect pint and the two columns print on two different pages. Is there any way to get the two columns to print next to each other on the same piece of paper (...

Help! How do I change this back to a printed publication?
I have Publisher 98 and I was trying to save a file so that I could email a copy of my newsletter to one of my subscribers. She doesn't have Publisher, so I thought to save the file as an HTML file and mail it to her that way. Only now, I can't bring my file up on a two page layout view anymore. And I can't get it to print right either! Help! I just need it to go back to a regular publication but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it! Somebody, please help me! How do I undo this? You could make the page length longer to accommodate the two pages. Or...

Printing question
We are having an issue with LPR printing using our software in conjucntion with a Windows 2008 server which is preventing us from being able to flash images to a printer from our application. We use Universe, SB+ and SBClient and would use the DOS shell from inside SBClient to use LPR print commands to send the images to the printer, this has worked fine on all other Windows servers but not 2008. What happens is when you drop to DOS you can browse to the %systemroot%\system32 folder and do a dir but you cannot see LPR. If you do the same from a normal command prompt the file ...

Printing "unknown error" and print file size is huge.
I have a file that will not print from one clients computer, but prints fine from others. This is a Publisher 2003 file, 2MB in size, with embedded, not linked, images. File is being opened from the same network location, with the same version of Publisher. When I print from the "problem" computer, the file size in the print que grows to over 100MB, and then fails to print, and gives me the "unknown error" It is being sent to the same network printer, and all of the print settings are the same between the different computers. Is there a setting in Publisher that...

Printing comments not available
In excel 2000 want to print comments, but the File - > Print Setup -> Sheet tab -> Comments Options are not selectable (are grey) and I couldn't get why is it so? Can anyone help with it? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How do I change the activity preview pane?
For Phone and Task Preview forms, I have tried to add the Description field to the form, but I am not able to make the field span two columns. Does anyone know a way around this? We need a better way to quickly jump between activity information while we're on the phone with a contact. Should we be storing this type of information somewhere else? Our sales team is finding this a barrier and thinks MS CRM is nothing more than a glorified address book. They are pushing us to move to ACT, but I think it’s just a matter of using this system more efficiently. Thanks for your help/inp...

button to print
Hi I have got a big worksheet with lots of information in it. I need to have a button to be able to click and print a sheet out automatically - Is this possible? If you do know a way to do this please let me know. Thank you Rob rob It is possible, but only you know what you want printed and what your print setup(printarea, margins, headers/footers etc.) will be. Suggest you Turn on the macro recorder while you do all that then print the sheet. You will get something like this........... Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 1/13/2005 by Gord Dibben Ac...

printing on 1sheet
Hi, how can i print , for example, 4 labels on 1 sheet in a horizontal position? It is my code which creates labels from values in spreadsheet and printing it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "c").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range("E1:E" & lr) If c.Value <> "" Then c.Resize(1, 2).Copy Sheets("Arkusz2").Range("E3") _ .PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, _ ...

Printing appointment notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How can I get appointment notes to print in the weekly view (or daily view for that matter)? For example, Dr. Smith @ 1:00 will have a note to remind me to bring all medications or to fax a form received from a referring doctor. The only thing that prints is the time, appointment title, and location. I want the note to print too! ...

Problem promoting email to CRM Activity (CRM flag)
Hi, when a user clicks "promote email to crm activity" in SFO a window appears asking to resolve the senders email address to a CRM record and to select a "Regarding field", if user closes the window in this state, no record appears in CRM but the email gets marked as CRM activity and it is not possible to promote it to crm activity anymore. So the question will be how can I clear the CRM flag from the email in Outlook? Thanks very much! ...

MS Access 2003 Wizards will not work properly
I am having trouble with only some of my wizards in MS Access 2003. For example, I try to use the 'Find Unmatched Query Wizard' and it takes me through the usual steps but no fields are shown from either table that was chosen to make a match. Also, when I try to create a subform from an existing form- no forms are listed. Attempting to convert a Marco to VBA yield the following statement: Can't find project or library. Things I have done to try and solve this: 1. Checked References- no missing references listed The acwztool is listed and can be checked but it says i...

Page printing and checkbox protection
I have two questions: 1. I have a sheet. All the contents of this sheet fit to one page, but when I hit print preview, i still have two pages in queue to print ... Second is white ... How can I get rid of this white page? 2. I have a check box on my sheet. I want to check the checkbox and afterwards, I want to secure this checkbox, so only certain people can uncheck this checkbox) Is it possible? Thx in advance for your help -- balcovja ------------------------------------------------------------------------ balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

Finger pointing device problem
I reciently purchased a laptop with good specs in hope it would handle more multitasking. Every so often the laptop forgets about the finger pointing device (the thing that replaces the mouse) and that arrow becomes perminantly stuck. It sometimes happens with the keyboard also, sometimes both at once. It's like it crashes but everything else is still working. Is this normal?! 2Ghz Intel Centrino Core2Duo 800Mhz Fast Bus, 3GB DDR3, 320 GB Adam Normal, no Did you make the mistake of using MSUpdate for drivers? And what does Event Viewer show? "Adam" <Ada...

Parallell work with resource constraints
We have two resources working together on one task (totally 16 h). Resource 1 is available 100% for the project and resource 2 is only available 20%. These two resources needs to do the task (reviews) simulatiously, when resource 2 is available. The work load for this task is the same for both resources (16 h each). We have tried Fixed Duration, Fixed Unit and Fixed Work but with no success. In the tests we've done; * the total work has changed for a task * work per resource has changed or * the task is not performed on the same date (which is a must). Any ideas of how t...

Money doesn't work with multiple profiles?
I installed Money 2001 on an XP Pro machine in one profile and it works just fine. When I log on with a second profile, Money will not start. If I try to rerun setup to re-lay down what I'm assuming are the missing current user keys, I get an error message that states that there is previous version of Money installed, and I should uninstall that before running setup. If I do that then it will only work in the second profile (that's a guess, I haven't actually done that). Is Money 2001 not profile aware? Do newer versions take care of this? Any tips to allow Money 2001 work...

Print Driver / Error
Hi I have played around with the winddk and built the xpsdrv sample. all works fine and no errors while compiling. installed correct as printer. but if you want to print something on it, it just says in the spooler window "Error - Printing". What can I do? whats wrong? Can somebody help me :( ? I'm using the latest winddk & vista. thanks, martin ...

printing publisher on 11x17 double sided
I am printing a newsletter on an 11x17 page double sided. Pages 2 and 3 print out upside down. I rotated the two pages in Publisher but it didn't select the background. I am wondering if there is an easier way to do this. Do I have to print one side first and then do the second side separately. Thanks Yes, you are correct. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I am printing a newsletter on an 11x17 page double sided. >Pages 2 and 3 print out upside down. I rotated the two >pages in Publisher but it didn't...

Printing Journal Problems
Well theres two sides this this tale. Many of the retailers we supply to have very simple pos only setups, using store manager for only TII, TIO, POs etc. With this, they only normally have 1 printer, a receipt printer. What we have done to solve this problem is develop an XML template for the PO prints etc, set up with a Epson T88 as a windows printer. This all works absolutely fine with most of our customers except one. For whatever reason, the Journal now refuses on their printers. Its inceredibly bizarre, as it is set up identically as our other retailers, but none of this retailers sto...

Printing all worksheet names
Does anyone know if it possible to print a list of worksheet names? A list similar to the one you would find in the "Contents" tab of the files' Properties. Thanks for any help you can provide. Programme - XP Excel Hi This topic was covered lately in microsoft.excel.worksheet.functions NG (thread 'print sheet tab names' started by JDB at 06.01.2004 16:00). Here is the solution from me: Create an UDF --- Public Function TabByIndex(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabByIndex = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function --- On some empty worksheet,...

Mappings from opportunity to activity
I have customized the 'opportunity' form by adding a custom 'myLocation' field. I would like the 'location' field in an activity appointment to be populated with 'myLocation' from an opportunity when a new activity is created off the Opportunity page. I setup the mapping in the deployment manager under the Opportunity / mappings and added 'activities' and created the map. I published customizations, and reset IIS but the myLocation field doesn't carry over to the appointment 'location' field. Am I missing a step or am I misinterpretin...

Problems with printing booklet
My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Hi Glenn Thomas (glennt@jam.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet || (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of || the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it || correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Can you tell us what doesn't pri...

Pretty print XML?
I am sure this has been asked enough to warrant an FAQ but I could not find it. Does anyone have some code and maybe an XSLT stylesheet that would allow me to transform an XML string to a "pretty" version (nodes indented on separate lines, etc.)? Thank you for your help. Kevin Kevin Burton wrote: > I am sure this has been asked enough to warrant an FAQ but I could not > find it. > > Does anyone have some code and maybe an XSLT stylesheet that would allow > me to transform an XML string to a "pretty" version (nodes indented on > separate lines, et...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook 2000. As I often receive long Emails containing the complete discussion thread, I somethimes only want to print the first page. However different to all other Applications, Outlook denies the Option to select or restrict the amount of printed pages, only 'even or odd' pages can be selected. Does anyone has a clue? Bye, Tobias ...