Expland or Collapse all Tasks

How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Click the Show button on the toolbar then select the level you want to
collapse to.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
http://www.projectvbabook.com

"koolkat" <koolkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks?

> signature database 4601 (20091112) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4601 (20091112) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
11/13/2009 1:00:28 AM
Hi

For Collapsing all you may use 'Summary tasks' filter through Project >
Filtered for > Summary tasks.

For Expanding all similarly use the filter of 'All tasks'.

I hope it helps.
Vanita
--
Project Management consultant and trainer
vanita_ahuja@yahoo.com

"koolkat" wrote:

> How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks?
-1
this is great, thank you

"vanita" wrote:

> Hi
>
> For Collapsing all you may use 'Summary tasks' filter through Project >
> Filtered for > Summary tasks.
>
> For Expanding all similarly use the filter of 'All tasks'.
>
> I hope it helps.
> Vanita
> --
> Project Management consultant and trainer
> vanita_ahuja@yahoo.com
>

> "koolkat" wrote:
>
> > How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks?
awesome thanks!

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> Click the Show button on the toolbar then select the level you want to
> collapse to.
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
> http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "koolkat" <koolkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks?

> > signature database 4601 (20091112) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4601 (20091112) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

task solution
I have many tasks that i need to assign to the same people on a recuring basis. we are in an exchagne enviorment. However, in my testing assigned recuring task do not really work. i am wondering if anyone know of an ad-on, that will automaction create and assign tasks, or can i have a task automaticly created when an email is sent? You can schedule a message being sent with the following add-ins http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS If you deside to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount or http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/...

Mass changing of due dates possible with tasks?
There are times when at the end of a day, I want to move all the unfinished tasks to the next day. Is there any way to select these tasks and en masse change their due date or must I edit them one-by-one? You can use the group drag technique described at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/searchreplacecompany.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Krista" <kristalinski@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OuUPFr5yEHA.1932@TK2MS...

Whitespace collapse not working on XmlValidatingReader?
Hi guys, I need an attribute (could be an element too) to have its whitespace collapsed [0]. I don't get the expected behavior, however. The schema is as follows: <xs:schema ...> <xs:element name="Root"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence /> <xs:attribute name="Tokenize"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base="xs:normalizedString"> <xs:whiteSpace value="collapse" /> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> </xs:attribute> ...

Keep folders collapsed
Why can't I set Mail just like OE was? I don't want the folders open except for the ones that contain an email that hasn't been read yet when I first start Mail? -- Thank you for your kind response, Just Me "Just Me" wrote: > Why can't I set Mail just like OE was? I don't want the folders open except > for the ones that contain an email that hasn't been read yet when I first > start Mail? > > -- > Thank you for your kind response, > Just Me ...

Can I Open Tasks Window Automagically?
I would like to have the tasks window open when outlook is opened but in a seperate window. Is this possible. I have outlook opening from startup but then have to open the task window manually. If I loosely translate this to where you want to see 2 Outlook windows at start (e.g. 1 to Inbox & 1 to tasks), then try this. * Start Outlook * Right click on Tasks folder and select Open in New Window * Now, close Outlook by selecting File > Exit (the "x" in the upper right is taboo, don't use it... ever) * Now if you start Outlook, you should get the two windows "...

Windows XP Task Manager
I did a Windows repair, not the one using the console, and the task manager isn't all there now. When I hit Ctrl, Alt, Del I get a window with no tabs and no button to click to close it. I can highlight an application and stop it but the window can't be closed. Any easy fix for this? Dennis wrote: > I did a Windows repair, not the one using the console, and the task > manager isn't all there now. When I hit Ctrl, Alt, Del I get a > window with no tabs and no button to click to close it. I can > highlight an application and stop it but the window can't be c...

Scheduled Task Fails running Code to send Outlook Mail from Excel.
I am trying to run this subroutine from an Excel Macro in a Scheduled job. Private Sub SendMessage() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object 'ToStr, Subject and strBody are globals in the Excel VB Module. Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) With OutMail .To = ToStr .CC = "xxx@yyy" 'Real address obscured here. .BCC = "" .Subject = Subject .Body = strbody .Send End With End Sub It works perfectly when triggered ...

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

PDF'ing Project in a way that keeps Expandable/Collapsable structure intact?
I use the resource usage view with an applied grouping that groups our resources based on our company two level resource outline code. This works great in summarizing our costs, so this view is the one I use for our budget reports (I collapse everything to the outline code summary level and print to PDF with the intent of emailing it to the respective parties). Overall it is a good system. My only problem is sometimes there are notes explaining any large cost variances (at the assignment level), but there is no way to write these at the grouping summary levels (project won't ...

Collapse subtotals?
Using WindowsXP, Excel 2002 After running the Subtotal command, with subtotals showing below the cells that were summed, the subtotal appears in bold as "1201 Total" and the amount of the subtotal. Next is "1202 Total," and so on. Is there a slick way to then collapse the list so that only a list of subtotals information is displayed? Thanks, Look at the outlining symbols to the left of the worksheet window. You'll see those +'s and -'s that expand/contract particular groups. Look up to the top of those outlining symbols and you'll see 1, 2, 3, ... T...

Import tasks Waiting forever
Hello alls, First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about wording, but let me try to translate into English term. I'm trying to run a bulk import... I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import it using the import feature of the CRM web interface. I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good, isn't it But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever. I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy these ones... - check the ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

expand/collapse row button
can I place a button any where in the worksheet to collapse/expand rows? I would like to place a button +/- on column D to expand/collapse row 2 to 5 (instead of using the grouping tool where you find the button at the left most corner). Thank you for any assistance. A B C D row 1 row 2 row 3 row 4 row 5 -- caii Excel 2003 No need for a button You could put the following code in the Worksheet_Selection Change event. It will hide rows 2 to 5 whenever a cell in column D is selected. Similarly it will unhide the rows if column E is selected If yo...

Why would the VB6 exe not show up in the task bar
Folks My very standard VB6 exe is not showing up on one users task bar in Windows Vista. The task bar being that area usually on the bottom of your screen showing you all the open programs. Any thoughts? It works for me on a Vista VPC session as well as Windows 7. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/ Granite Fleet Manager ht...

Expland or Collapse all Tasks
How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks? Click the Show button on the toolbar then select the level you want to collapse to. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "koolkat" <koolkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06899AED-5FAE-4EAD-9AD8-75966DA7ABBC@microsoft.com... > How do you simply Expand All or Collapse All Tasks? > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4601 (20091112) ________...

unable to see exchange tasks
My exchange 5.5 is running in main DC hosting the Active Directory Database in the network. As a first step to migrate from exchange 5.5 to 2000, I installed Additional domain controller in a new machine and transfered the role of GC to this machine. I installed ADC, configured RCA and also run exchange 2000 setup with forestprep switch. I checked that the replication was going fine. When I run AD user and computer from this machine, I do not see the exhange task and tabs. I have not installed ADC in exchange 5.5 server which I think is not required to migrate into exchange 2000. Is...

Task completion status of an assigned task
I am using a global mail box for distributing scheduled tasks. From the global mail box, I define the task, set it to recurring, then assign the task to an individual. The individual accepts the task, then would update the status. What I am not seeing is the status get back to the global mailbox. I get a status report with the completion status in the global mail box inbox from the assigned user, but the global mailbox never updates the task status. Ideally, I would like the global mailbox to see the task status update from the assigned user and then update the task status in the glo...

Using Task Sub Folders
I have created sub folders inside my Task Folder and I would like the tasks that are inside each subfolder to display in my Outlook Today view. Is this possible? Thank you ...

Programmatically Expand or Collapse a sub menu
Does anyone know how to do this on a CMenu object? I'm working on a RClick feature for a CMenu. I've got to the point now where, while the menu is displayed, I can Right click on a menu item then that item will automatically be converted to a SubMenu and the little arrow on the right side appears - this all happens automatically while the menu is still displayed. Problem is that I have to move the mouse over, in order to display the new submenu. I would like for the submenu to be displayed automatically, after I've added it. Is there a hidden method on CMenu that I can't see...

Reloading Task IDs
I deleted task ids that did not pertain to modules that I use. Now I'd like to refresh them with the original list. I tried reinstalling choosing "repair", and I've tried installing over the top of my current install. The tasks did not come back. How can I get them back? Thanks Ginny Just wanted to clerify that I'm talking about security tasks. "Ginny" wrote: > I deleted task ids that did not pertain to modules that I use. Now I'd like > to refresh them with the original list. I tried reinstalling choosing > "repair", and I&...

Assigned Tasks / Receipt when completed
Our users are asking if there is anyway when they create/assign a task to someone else that they're notified when that person has completed the task? Is this possible? Robert Smith CIO ...

adding email text to a new task in office 2003.
Hello everyone. In Office 2000 when you selected an email to be added to a task you could select text only and all the text would be copied into the new task, including the body text of the email. Now in Office 2003 I can only seem to include the To, From and the subject line fields in the new task. Is there a way to also include the body of the email without copy and past exercise. I hope there is an answer to this and gets a PA off my back Thanks. is the message in the same message store as you are saving the task to? Do you know if you are using an ANSI format (compatibl...

Tasks for Outlook
Looking for add-in program that allows use of predefined list of scheduled activities/tasks for Outlook. Two years ago I found a program called either calendarpro or procalendar that was originally developed for law offices to keep track of court/filing dates and activities There's a link to a program called CalendarPro at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm, but the site doesn't look too promising as far as actually having that file anymore. However, there are some other solutions listed on that Slipstick page that might interest you. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outloo...

Duplicate My Tasks Web Part - Missing Tasks
Good Morning On Friday while doing maintenance and usability updates the My Tasks web part was accidentally deleted from the admin shared view. It was then added back in. However, some users are now seeing My Tasks and My Tasks 2. In My Tasks, not all assignments are showing up even if show current tasks is not selected. Has anyone seen this? How can this be corrected? Thanks for your help. Ryan ...

How to prevent automatic collapsing of "inner" folders when collapsing "outer" folder in Outlook 2003?
In Outlook 2003 I created a big private folder tree where I store all my emails according to the topic. Assume I expanded all the folder so that the "inner" folders are all visible in the tree. Now I collapse the outermost folder and re-open (re-expand) it again immediately. I expected that the collapse/expand state of the "inner" folder is kept. Much to my surprise this is not the case. ALL folders are collapsed and I have to re-open them all manually again. This is very un-convenient. Is there an option to prevent this automatic collapsing of inner mail folders? Sven...