exception - working day

How to I make a one specific nonworking day a working day (e.g.: 2 resources
had to work last weekend), how to make these 2 days working days for these 2
resources only.

Txs,

Silene

0
Silene
6/2/2010 10:51:35 AM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Silene,
You'll need to change each resource's calendar.  Double click on
the resource's name in the Resource Sheet.  Click the Working
Time button and make the date working time.

If you are recording actual work in a time-phased view (Task
Usage or Resource Usage), you can also just record the actual
work on the weekend without having to alter the calendar.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 6/2/2010 6:51 AM, Silene wrote:
> How to I make a one specific nonworking day a working day (e.g.: 2
> resources had to work last weekend), how to make these 2 days working
> days for these 2 resources only.
>
> Txs,
>
> Silene
0
JulieS
6/2/2010 11:01:42 AM
Sorry Julie, I have MS 2007, where is the working time button. I only see
Change working time and then work weeks to change the settings that it doesn't
work only for one specific day!?

The second option I didn't understand at all. I can see the working hours of
the resource (it is what you call recording actual work?) but I cant edit at
all on this view.

Txs

"JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Silene,
> You'll need to change each resource's calendar.  Double click on the
> resource's name in the Resource Sheet.  Click the Working Time button and
> make the date working time.
>
> If you are recording actual work in a time-phased view (Task Usage or
> Resource Usage), you can also just record the actual work on the weekend
> without having to alter the calendar.
>
> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>
> On 6/2/2010 6:51 AM, Silene wrote:
>> How to I make a one specific nonworking day a working day (e.g.: 2
>> resources had to work last weekend), how to make these 2 days working
>> days for these 2 resources only.
>>
>> Txs,
>>
>> Silene

0
Silene
6/3/2010 7:34:46 AM
Don't apologize, Silene -- you're on the right track.  Double
click on the resource's name to show the Resource Information
dialog. Click the "Change Working time" button to show the
resource's calendar.  Click the day(s) in the calendar you wish
to change.  Click the Exceptions tab and supply a name for the
exception.  Press the tab key and the selected dates should
automatically fill in under Start and Finish.  Click the details
button to open the details window. Choose the "Working time"
button and enter the working time in the grid if the default
working time is incorrect.  Click OK to close the Details window.
Click OK to close the Change Working time.

My second suggestion was to use the Task Usage or Resource Usage
view.  Right click in the time-scaled (right hand side) portion
of the view and select "Actual Work" from the shortcut menu.  You
can then record Actual Work on the assignment line for the
resource or task on any day the work occurred.

On 6/3/2010 3:34 AM, Silene wrote:
> Sorry Julie, I have MS 2007, where is the working time button. I only
> see Change working time and then work weeks to change the settings that
> it doesn't work only for one specific day!?
>
> The second option I didn't understand at all. I can see the working
> hours of the resource (it is what you call recording actual work?) but I
> cant edit at all on this view.
>
> Txs
>
> "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Silene,
>> You'll need to change each resource's calendar. Double click on the
>> resource's name in the Resource Sheet. Click the Working Time button
>> and make the date working time.
>>
>> If you are recording actual work in a time-phased view (Task Usage or
>> Resource Usage), you can also just record the actual work on the
>> weekend without having to alter the calendar.
>>
>> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>
>> On 6/2/2010 6:51 AM, Silene wrote:
>>> How to I make a one specific nonworking day a working day (e.g.: 2
>>> resources had to work last weekend), how to make these 2 days working
>>> days for these 2 resources only.
>>>
>>> Txs,
>>>
>>> Silene

0
JulieS
6/3/2010 9:46:05 AM
I really was in the right track. My mistake was not to go to details after
the exceptions tab.
Both options worked. Txs a lot. But what I didn't say in the beginning is,
the resources are in an global salary, they don't get paid for extra work
but we want to show the hours worked! Where do I cancel the rate for these 2
days or I have to work differently?
Can you help me on that?!!

> Don't apologize, Silene -- you're on the right track.  Double click on the
> resource's name to show the Resource Information dialog. Click the "Change
> Working time" button to show the resource's calendar.  Click the day(s) in
> the calendar you wish to change.  Click the Exceptions tab and supply a
> name for the exception.  Press the tab key and the selected dates should
> automatically fill in under Start and Finish.  Click the details button to
> open the details window. Choose the "Working time" button and enter the
> working time in the grid if the default working time is incorrect.  Click
> OK to close the Details window. Click OK to close the Change Working time.
>
> My second suggestion was to use the Task Usage or Resource Usage view.
> Right click in the time-scaled (right hand side) portion of the view and
> select "Actual Work" from the shortcut menu.  You can then record Actual
> Work on the assignment line for the resource or task on any day the work
> occurred.
>
> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>
> On 6/3/2010 3:34 AM, Silene wrote:
>> Sorry Julie, I have MS 2007, where is the working time button. I only
>> see Change working time and then work weeks to change the settings that
>> it doesn't work only for one specific day!?
>>
>> The second option I didn't understand at all. I can see the working
>> hours of the resource (it is what you call recording actual work?) but I
>> cant edit at all on this view.
>>
>> Txs
>>
>> "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello Silene,
>>> You'll need to change each resource's calendar. Double click on the
>>> resource's name in the Resource Sheet. Click the Working Time button
>>> and make the date working time.
>>>
>>> If you are recording actual work in a time-phased view (Task Usage or
>>> Resource Usage), you can also just record the actual work on the
>>> weekend without having to alter the calendar.
>>>
>>> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>>>
>>> Julie
>>> Project MVP
>>>
>>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>>> information about Microsoft Project

0
Silene
6/6/2010 12:06:08 PM
Hi Silene,

I'm pleased to hear that you were able to get the schedule where
you need it.

I understand that your resources are not getting "paid" for extra
work.  In most circumstances, we do not attempt to match payroll
against project costs.

However, you can achieve a zero rate against specific assignments
by using a different Cost Rate Table.  By default, the resource
costs are in cost rate table A and that is the default rate table
used for assignments.  Display the Task Usage view and add the
Cost Rate Table field.  On the Sunday task, set the Cost Rate
Table to "B".  Assuming the B rate table doesn't have values,
your cost should go to zero.

On 6/6/2010 8:06 AM, Silene wrote:
> I really was in the right track. My mistake was not to go to details
> after the exceptions tab.
> Both options worked. Txs a lot. But what I didn't say in the beginning
> is, the resources are in an global salary, they don't get paid for extra
> work but we want to show the hours worked! Where do I cancel the rate
> for these 2 days or I have to work differently?
> Can you help me on that?!!
>
> "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Don't apologize, Silene -- you're on the right track. Double click on
>> the resource's name to show the Resource Information dialog. Click the
>> "Change Working time" button to show the resource's calendar. Click
>> the day(s) in the calendar you wish to change. Click the Exceptions
>> tab and supply a name for the exception. Press the tab key and the
>> selected dates should automatically fill in under Start and Finish.
>> Click the details button to open the details window. Choose the
>> "Working time" button and enter the working time in the grid if the
>> default working time is incorrect. Click OK to close the Details
>> window. Click OK to close the Change Working time.
>>
>> My second suggestion was to use the Task Usage or Resource Usage view.
>> Right click in the time-scaled (right hand side) portion of the view
>> and select "Actual Work" from the shortcut menu. You can then record
>> Actual Work on the assignment line for the resource or task on any day
>> the work occurred.
>>
>> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>
>> On 6/3/2010 3:34 AM, Silene wrote:
>>> Sorry Julie, I have MS 2007, where is the working time button. I only
>>> see Change working time and then work weeks to change the settings that
>>> it doesn't work only for one specific day!?
>>>
>>> The second option I didn't understand at all. I can see the working
>>> hours of the resource (it is what you call recording actual work?) but I
>>> cant edit at all on this view.
>>>
>>> Txs
>>>
>>> "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JulieS
6/6/2010 2:31:08 PM
The costs that Project is tracking are simply salary accounting.  The fact
that your resources are not being paid extra over their base salary for
those 2 days worth of work does not mean you're getting those days for
'free' as far as the project budget is concerned.  Assume the resources are
exempt (ie, don't earn overtime) and get a salary of $50000 per year.  That
works out to about $25 per hour.  An hour of their time is worth $25 to the
project budget regardless of whether it's during their regular workday or at
some other time (evening, weekend, regular day off, etc).  While you're not
paying them an extra $25 for the hour's work, for example, the economic cost
to the firm is still $25 since there is a lost opportunity due to their
working on your project when they could be working on something else
productive during that time.  Even though there's no increased payroll cost,
the $25 cost of the lost opportunity is as real a cost as if you actually
gave them an extra cheque.  Never forget that Project is not an accounting
application and does not do cash accounting.
--
Steve House
MS Project Trainer & Consultant

wrote in message news:B852B50D-C66D-4170-A263-E38C1FAA1B75@microsoft.com...
>I really was in the right track. My mistake was not to go to details after
>the exceptions tab.
> Both options worked. Txs a lot. But what I didn't say in the beginning is,
> the resources are in an global salary, they don't get paid for extra work
> but we want to show the hours worked! Where do I cancel the rate for these
> 2 days or I have to work differently?{�$}y you help me on that?!!
>
> "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Don't apologize, Silene -- you're on the right track.  Double click on
>> the resource's name to show the Resource Information dialog. Click the
>> "Change Working time" button to show the resource's calendar.  Click the
>> day(s) in the calendar you wish to change.  Click the Exceptions tab and
>> supply a name for the exception.  Press the tab key and the
>> selec$}�4{dates should automatically fill in under Start and
>> Finish.  Click the details button to open the details window. Choose the
>> "Working time" button and enter the working time in the grid if the
>> default working time is incorrect.  Click OK to close the Details window.
>> Click OK to close the Change Working time.
>>
>> My second suggestion was to use the Task Usage or Resource Usage view.
>> Right click in the time-scaled (right hand side) portion of the view and
>> select "Actual Work" from4�D�$} shortcut menu.  You can then
>> record Actual Work on the assignment line for the resource or task on any
>> day the work occurred.
>>
>> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>
>> On 6/3/2010 3:34 AM, Silene wrote:
>>> Sorry Julie, I have MS 2007, where is the working time button. I only
>>> see Change working time and then work weeks to change the
>>> settingsD��4 4t
>>> it doesn't work only for one specific day!?
>>>
>>> The second option I didn't understand at all. I can see the working
>>> hours of the resource (it is what you call recording actual work?) but I
>>> cant edit at all on this view.
>>>
>>> Txs
>>>
>>> "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> T�d�

0
Steve

ADO Exceptions
������: "Tony Tanm" <tony21st@sina.com.cn> ����: One question about ADO ����: 2003��8��22�� 14:48 I use ADO in my application to access database,when I give the parameter ConnectionString of connection's method Open a wrong value(say,data source that doesn't exist),my program will arouse exception, through step debugging, I found that the following code [in msado20.tli file] if (FAILED(_hr)) _com_issue_errorex(_hr, this, __uuidof(this)); lead to the exception. I'm puzzled about it. Somebody help me please. Thanks in advance. Tony, you have several opti...

CDHtmlDialog Exception
Any idea why I'm getting this exception the second time that I show a modal dialog with a CDHtmlDialog control on it? Thanks. 0:015> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* FAULTING_IP: RPCRT4!CStdProxyBuffer_QueryInterface+a 76b5e134 832300 and dword ptr [ebx],0 EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr ffffffffffffffff) ExceptionAddress: 76b5e134 (RPCRT4!CStdProxyBuffer_Qu...

Older threads
Is it possible to access posts/threads older than 90 days easily, and to search by username. Yes, via Google Groups (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/topics) and possibly via the web-forum interface (http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general) moonraker wrote: > Is it possible to access posts/threads older than 90 days easily, and to > search by username. On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:45:06 -0000, "moonraker" <moonraker@invalid> wrote: > Is it possi...

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E2F
We have a custom task list that seems to get this error when trying to update a list item that only has a user assigned to that task. When there is no user assigned you can update the list item and attach the file. We have ran a sync against AD and nothing has worked so far. ------=_NextPart_0001_8D145796 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Restart the below services and then try: � Windows SharePoint Services Timer � Windows SharePoint Services Administration � Windows SharePoint Services Tracing ------=_NextPart_0001_8D145796 Content-Type: text/x-r...

Updates were not accepted (exception 4005). Soap exception.
Hi all, when the report is submitted from Outlook 2003 to Project Server 2007 the folowing error message is displayed (see the subj). However, the data are being sent and can be seen in PWA. At the same time, the user gets an email message from Project Server: "Project server returned error code -1". What's wrong with the Server or client? where to look for? Please advise. Elena ...

Down Day in Manufacturing Schedule V10
We have upgraded to V10, now when we enter a Manufacturing Order Due date of a Holiday, we dont get the message that it is a down day. For example Our Schedule has 07/04/08 as a down day. When I enter MO due date of 07/04/08, we dont get any kind of warning that this is a down day. Previously in V9 we did. has anyone else ran into this? Am I missing something on setup? -- Doug See if setting the MRP down day constraint will make a difference..... -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

Exception thrown in ME
I have made a custom control class, CFontSample, and registered it with the following code. It all woks fine on my main PC running XP, but when I check it on my laptop running ME, the exception is thrown with the 'Required resource was unavailable' message. Any ideas? Is there some file I need to copy over to the laptop? Greg Chapman BOOL CFontSample::RegisterWndClass() { WNDCLASS windowclass; HINSTANCE hInst = AfxGetInstanceHandle(); //Check whether the class is registerd already if (!(::GetClassInfo(hInst, FONT_SAMPLE, &windowclass))) { //If not then...

Storing 7 days email on remote server
Hi, i need a solution to have a remote exchange server hold the last 7 days email in the same structure as our internal corporate exchange server. this is for DR purposes. i was thinking of implementing exchange 2003 in a remote data centre that stores the last 7 days emails. It will have the main MX records pointing to it and all emails will be forwarded to our corporate exchange server. Emails will be deleted off the remote server after 7 days oldest first. Part of our BCP is to have webmail access for users covering the last 7 days while we bring up our corporate exchange server in DR mod...

Unexpected exception is thrown while deleting an exception
Hi I am using TRY CATCH macros in my code. the general pattern looks like this: TRY { } CATCH (CDBException, e) { //here I am capturing error msg... e->Delete(); return; } The thing is that the program crashes with unhandled exception during an exception delete part. I can not determine if it is in the line e->Delete() or it happens when it exit from teh CATCH block, and there is an auto-delete exception proccess as i am using TRY CATCH macros. I have limitations to debug as this application lies on a customer server and we can't produce the failure (it happens from ...

Report Writer
Whenever I return from Report Writer to GP (version 9, SQL 2000) I get the following warning: Unhandled script exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM I click on 'Ok' and everyhting moves along fine after that. Anybody else experiencing something like this? Regards BeerMan I have the same problem but don't have a solution. I solved this by manually populating dynamics..AAG00104 with company data. The data you need can be found in PA00020. Solution to the mistery: There are two steps that need to be taken for the "Analitycal Accounti...

Calculate business days
I am putting together a Days To Ship report and want to the Lag time data on my report. All I'm looking for is, an order comes in 11/02 (Fri) and Ships 11/05 (Mon) the output should be 1. Any thoughts? Thanks! Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available to...

Exception Lists
Trying to configure my exception list so that it does not filter any internal email. So far the only way I can get it to work is by putting the "Alias" in the exception list with over 600 users this solution would be impossible. Is there a way to add the local domain to my exception list? Have also tried using "server name.domain.com" Thank in advance -craig ...

Days of week on calendar
I am preparing a Publisher template monthly calendar for insertion in a newsletter and want to start the week with Sunday, not Monday. I can do it from scratch, without the template, but that takes longer! You must have your default country in the Control Panel incorrectly set to the US. You must have your country and keyboard set to US as if it had been correctly set by the person that installed your operating system, it would start on Sunday. Your computer must also spell incorrectly in yankee. -- I'm one of those "yankees" you delight in trashing, and my country an...

Timerproc exception
I have a UI thread whose only function is to start a timer which uses a timerproc callback void CALLBACK timerproc (HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, UINT_PTR idEvent, DWORD dwTime) Trying to trace a random deadlock bug I found that on occasion the callback would cause an exception in the C library function fgets (called with a NULL file pointer). What surprised me is that the exception (which neither CException nor std::exception seems to catch) just has the effect of silently exiting from the timerproc. The timer fires again and the application continues. Is this behaviour normal? I would have exp...

using if + networkingdays end with #name and not number of days
Hi, I'm having prob. getting the result for above function/formula. Co-worker use same function and it works for him. Running same function and file he used on my computer end with #name. Office is ok. function/formula is ok. Had same prob. 2 years ago with previous computer, and support helped changing something with regional and language set-up under control panel (don't remember what exactly-done some changes but didn't work). I have matches my set-up with my co-worker - it is the same. Does someone knows how to solve this issue ? Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpa...

Unhandled Exceptions
Hi in order to give the user a last info before his app dies, due to uncaught exceptions we implemented the code from msdn (<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en- us/library/ms223898.aspx>) that utilizes Application.SetUnhandled, Application.ThreadException, AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException. As expected unhandled non-UI exceptions no go through our method 'OnUnhandledException' and a last grave note is displayed to our user. Nonetheless after 'OnUnhandledException' is out of scope, the runtime still crashes with sth like "windows encoun...

eConnect exception
I am getting this eConnect exception: Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Version=9.0.0.0 Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.ExecStoredProcedures(String xml) at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_Requester(String ConnectionString, ConnectionStringType ConnectionType, String sXML) When I use the Dynamics Web Services. This is the corresponding webs services exception: Server stack trace: at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_Requester(String...

column headings of days
I have a query that is using a heading of Format([fld1date],"Short Date") and with no column headings properties. It gives me a sum value based on the date ranges that i specify. Normally this has worked. Now I have linked some of the queries behind the cross tab query to a form value and I get an error. It identifies that the expression is not valid field name or expression. In my investigation and found that if i put column headings like "Jan","Feb","Mar" the query works but the data is not accurate. Any suggestions Thanks Tim, Hi Tim, if...

SOP Unit Price Exception
While in a meeting the other day an idea for a report came up. The report would show the unit price from the price list at the time of the sale and the actual price charged. ie. price list says the price is $50 but we modified the price and charged the customer $45. The idea for the report is to aggregate the total price that should have been charged compared to what was actually charged. I suppose you could consider it an exception report. However, although we can pull this data (unit price) from the price list, if we change the price list we lose what would have been charged to a...

Upgrading Money after 60 Day Free Trial
I began using Money several years ago and utilized the 60 day free trial before upgrade to Money 2007. But now after the upgrade I get the following message: Money can't open this file. THe file was saved with a later version of Money than your currently using or with a version that had online pogram updates installed. You are currently using Money versio n (16.0 120. 1303) To open this file you need to install the version of Money you were using when this file was last saved. If it still won't open click More Info. The Money free trial has expired and I'm stuck. Suggest...

Counting number of days within a range.
Hi, I need to count the number of occurrences of any dates that fall between a specific range of dates. For example: find all the dates in a particular range and count the occurences from date1 to date2. Please help . Thanks, Chandana ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ Chandana, With Column A containing the dates, Cell C2 contai...

Adding days.
I have dates on two columns and they are formated to be dates... A1=2/10/2009 2:55:00 PM B1=2/14/2009 10:51:00 AM C1=INT(B1-A1)&" days "&TEXT(B1-A1,"hh:mm") C1 gives me the exact days and hours between B1 and A1 (3 days 19:56), column C is also formatted to date. Now I want to add all the results from column C, so I used a simple =SUM(C1:C4) and I get #VALUE! How can I add all the results from column C??? This makes C1 text: &" days "&TEXT(B1-A1,"hh:mm") You can't add text Use separate cells for calculation and display -- ...

About Exception
When I use SCROLLINFO related API, such as GetScrollInfo, GetScrollRange, SetScrollPos,I dont know whether there would occur some exceptions. If so, tell me how to deal with them? Thanks! "hangaround" <hangaround@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A09761C4-845C-4910-9D72-19191424B3EA@microsoft.com... > When I use SCROLLINFO related API, such as GetScrollInfo, GetScrollRange, > SetScrollPos,I dont know whether there would occur some exceptions. > If so, tell me how to deal with them? Windws itself does not use exceptions. It returns errorcodes o...

Calandar invite for two days to choose from
Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend? In other words, I'll be having the same meeting twice a week and some will attend one and some the other but I want it in one invite. Any thoughts? Thanks! "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6824F50D-8E5F-4DD0-826A-6C01547BB1D8@microsoft.com... > Can I create a meeting invitation that recurs on Tuesday and Thursday, but > the invitees can select one or the other that they want to attend?...

how do I print ALL the receipts from a day?
Hi there, does anyone know how you print ALL the receipts from day? so far the only way to get a copy of every receipt from the day is to go to journal and individually print off each receipt, very time consuming if youve had 50+ sales! Is there a way around this? Or do we really have to print each one individually? cheers sami Hi, Press f5 and print X report and if u want to close the batch take the Z report "sami1012" wrote: > Hi there, does anyone know how you print ALL the receipts from day? so far > the only way to get a copy of every receipt from the day is to ...