Display all tasks in calendar with NO overflow indicator

I would like to display and print out calendars from Porject, but force it to
dispaly all tasks and not require using the overflow indicator
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry, this is built in behavior.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Jim G" <Jim G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to display and print out calendars from Porject, but force it
> dispaly all tasks and not require using the overflow indicator

> signature database 5002 (20100405) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5002 (20100405) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01CAD597.150CF870

Hi Jim,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

The overflow is simply caused by the practical size of the paper you're =
printing on.  There is obviously a limit, but you can change some =
things.  For example, right click in the calendar area and select =
Layout... and "Attempt to fit as many tasks as possible".  In monthly =
view, you can widen the rows by moving your cursor over the dividing =
line until it turns into an up/down arrow, click and drag down.  =
Finally, changing the font size and the bar size will follow to fit more =
on the page.... but there it a limit.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

=20
  "Jim G" <Jim G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I would like to display and print out calendars from Porject, but =
force it to=20
  dispaly all tasks and not require using the overflow indicator
------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01CAD597.150CF870

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Jim,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">The overflow is simply caused by the =
practical=20
size of the paper you're printing on.&nbsp; There is obviously a limit, =
but you=20
can change some things.&nbsp; For example, right click in the calendar =
area and=20
select Layout... and "Attempt to fit as many tasks as possible".&nbsp; =
In=20
monthly view, you can widen the rows by moving your cursor over the =
dividing=20
line until it turns into an up/down arrow, click and drag down.&nbsp; =
Finally,=20
changing the font size and the bar size will follow to&nbsp;fit more on =
the=20
page.... but there it a limit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
title=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Jim G" &lt;Jim <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:G@discussions.microsoft.com">G@discussions.microsoft.com</=
A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:46EC30B4-404B-4A63-A1F9-4FF96E61C4A9@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:46EC30B4-404B-4A63-A1F9-4FF96E61C4A9@microsoft.com">news:46E=
C30B4-404B-4A63-A1F9-4FF96E61C4A9@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  would like to display and print out calendars from Porject, but force =
it to=20
  <BR>dispaly all tasks and not require using the overflow=20
indicator</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01CAD597.150CF870--

1
Mike

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Setting Calculation always goes back to Manual. How to permanently have Task Panel dismissed?
Two issues. Since shortly, the setting in Options -> Calculation -> Calculation is always set to Manual, even after I have set it to Automatic and saved the document. After restart Excel is it set back to Manual. Irky. some documents, the task panel is always active after I open the document. Hoew to have it permanently closed? It happen in some documents. Bart ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Stop displaying a line

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

saving calendar as webpage #4
I am using outlook 2002 to save our company calendar (located in Public folders on our exchange server 5.5) as a web page on our intranet. It fills in the file location automatically and asks me to replace the existing calendar.htm file that already resides there. But when I try to do the same thing on a computer with outlook 2000, it won't prefill the path in and it won't let me overwrite the old htm file, it gives me an invaled sitename error. How can I fix this without having to use outlook 2002 on this other computer? ...

calendar time scale
Using Exchange 2003, all clients Outlook 2002. Is there any way to set up a calendar in a public folder to have the same time-scale view of 15 minute increments for all users? thanks ...

Calendar not printing all appointments
When I print a monthly calendar only 3 appointments per day will show. Some days I have 4 appointments. This only seems to happen with my laptop. ...

Display or not display series

Multiple Outlook.exe in Windows Task Manager
How do you stop this and why is it there. Sometimes I want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for another outlook.exe to close >-----Original Message----- >How do you stop this and why is it there. Sometimes I >want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for >another outlook.exe to close >. >I have the same problem, let me know if you get an answer. You are getting multiple instances of OL, showing in task mngr/processses, because OL is not shutting down when you Close/End it. Have you run Detect/Repair?, Any Com addins?; if so disable these and ...

Multiple Calendars in OL 2003 don't stay checked
Am using OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5 w/SP4. Since this version of OL allows you to check and view multiple Calendars (multiple mailboxes, not same one), I select the ones I want to view (usually my own and one other). However, the selection doesn't stay checked, and, either in the same session, or, after exiting and reentering OL, the second Calendar is no longer checked (I NEVER lose the check on my own Calendar, just the others). Other users of OL 2003 are having the same issue. How can this be fixed? Thanks! It should remain checked within the same outlook session, but doesn't ...

Calendar
I view my Calendar in the "Month" view. How can I make the entry into each cell do a "word wrap" so I can see the entire contents of what I typed in there? Not sure you can, but if you hold your mouse (hover) over the item, does it show you the full text? michaaal wrote: > I view my Calendar in the "Month" view. How can I make the entry > into each cell do a "word wrap" so I can see the entire contents of > what I typed in there? "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrot...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Calendar Options
I am struggling to find this option on Publisher 2000 - can anyone help? I am adding dates to a calendar and the exisitng format (Sunday to Monday week) is not being copied. New pages added are formatted as Monday to Sunday week. Any advice? ...