What is the difference between MS EPM and MS projects

Is it just project server and sharepoint added to MS projects together
called MS EPM?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes. EPM is Enterprise Project Management. Microsoft's solution is Project
Professional plus Project Server which in turn uses SharePoint technology.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Project Mgt Noob" <Project Mgt Noob @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A565E3DF-A7FC-4D2A-B2F1-E46E787DF418@microsoft.com...
> What is the difference between MS EPM and MS projects
>
> Is it just project server and sharepoint added to MS projects together
> called MS EPM?

> signature database 4852 (20100209) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4852 (20100209) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

Is MS Down?
I can't get to any of the money downloads (trial or paid) to download new versions to correct a problem. Is anyone else having problems with the down and support sections of Microsoft's website? ...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

MS Access and external data
In Excel, when trying to "get external data" from an MS Access database on a Win2K server, in a shared folder, I receive an MSQUERY error. When I copy the file to my desktop and to to import the data, it works fine. It seems to be something about being on the network. Any ideas??? ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

MS Excel help needed for newbie
Hi group. I'm by no means a programmer. I'm trying to knock together a (what should be) simple spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel for a calculation I have to do on a regular basis. I'm hoping that some kind people within this group will be able to help me with some formulas and questions. If anyone is able to help me could you please contact me at fflatthefatcat@hotmail.co.uk TIA Dean. On Oct 5, 7:57=A0am, Dean Brown <bramfiel...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi group. > > I'm by no means a programmer. I'm trying to knock together a (what > should be) simple ...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Button in oppertunities opening project folder ???
How can I make a Button in oppertunities that opens a projectfolder on the server ? Is it possible ? Jack Hello Jack! One possibility to do this is using our Add-On "RelatedDocuments for MS CRM 1.2". This Add-On creates for every CRM-object(Opport.,Contact,..) you want a directory on a defined position(directory) on the server. You can then create default categoris for each Object(like folders) and add any type of files to that categoris(folders). At www.mscrm-addons.com you will get more information about this Add-ON. You can also download a trial-version after registration...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...

Look at that critical patch from the MS Corp.
--qvyzrzasmas Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hdwzxqwhasciggtok"; type="multipart/alternative" --hdwzxqwhasciggtok Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rolkoqzttmtcwfq" --rolkoqzttmtcwfq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities....

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...

divs are different in different browsers

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

Slow MS Access DB over WAN
We have an MS Access 2000 application run over a WAN (wintel server). It is built with a frontend on the users machine and backend on the shared drive of the server. The shared drive is near the root (2 folders away), is accessed by 50 or less people running Access 2000 to 2003 over the WAN, the backend is less than 50 MBs in size, and has only 150,000 records in it. The DB runs exceptionally slow! Just opening forms or reports can take two minutes each! Very frustrating! We have followed Microsoft's recommendations for building this thing but is so slow that it is not very useable. ...

searching different files macro
I need to search for a certain asset number in the asset column in man different excel files. If the asset number does exist it should copy paste the whole row into a new sheet and build on that sheet . all th excel files have the same columns but different data. i am looking for a macro or any other way to automate this thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see Excel.programming P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to search for a certain asset number in the asset column in > many different excel files. If ...

How to add citations to my slide, as with MS Word 2007
-- I Will Succeed You have to just add them to individual slides. You can put them in Insert | Header and Footer and just apply to that slide if you want, but I think it's easier to put them on individual slides in a regular textbox or, if you're using PPT 2007, create a placeholder for references. In short, this doesn't work in PPT the way it works in Word. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit h...