Deleting multiple rows from value list

Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?  I 
have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to 
delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row 
and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
0
Utf
3/8/2010 5:39:01 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

13 Replies
2086 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.

-Jack Dahlgren

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? 
> I
> have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) 

0
Jack
3/8/2010 6:36:35 PM
Hello Val,

This value list was created in Project (desktop) or in PWA?

G�rard Ducouret

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 
6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? 
> I
> have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) 



0
G
3/8/2010 6:54:21 PM
How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at a time.

Thanks.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
> 
> -Jack Dahlgren
> 
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? 
> > I
> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/8/2010 8:08:01 PM
I copied the value list from another project but unfortunately another user 
did not restrict the values to this list and allowed the new values to be 
appended to the value list.  I need to delete over 200 rows in the value list 
and then restrict the values to the remaining 200 rows.

"Gérard Ducouret" wrote:

> Hello Val,
> 
> This value list was created in Project (desktop) or in PWA?
> 
> Gérard Ducouret
> 
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 
> 6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? 
> > I
> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to
> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row
> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) 
> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/8/2010 8:35:01 PM
Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The 
entire set of items between those two points will be selected.

-Jack

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
> How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at a 
> time.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
>>
>> -Jack Dahlgren
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text 
>> > column?
>> > I
>> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need 
>> > to
>> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st 
>> > row
>> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this 
>> > possible?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>>
>> .
>> 
0
Jack
3/8/2010 9:42:08 PM
Tried that - it didn't work :(

I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the problem.  
Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?

thanks.

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The 
> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
> 
> -Jack
> 
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at a 
> > time.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
> >>
> >> -Jack Dahlgren
> >>
> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> >> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text 
> >> > column?
> >> > I
> >> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need 
> >> > to
> >> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st 
> >> > row
> >> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this 
> >> > possible?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/8/2010 10:45:01 PM
Which version of MS Project?
In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then 
click the lookup value button.


"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B3D0D4CA-9891-44BD-BA85-BF16E0997AE4@microsoft.com...
> Tried that - it didn't work :(
>
> I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the problem.
> Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
>
> thanks.
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The
>> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
>>
>> -Jack
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
>> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at 
>> > a
>> > time.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
>> >>
>> >> -Jack Dahlgren
>> >>
>> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text
>> >> > column?
>> >> > I
>> >> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I 
>> >> > need
>> >> > to
>> >> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 
>> >> > 1st
>> >> > row
>> >> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this
>> >> > possible?
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>> .
>> 
0
Jack
3/8/2010 11:01:21 PM
Val,

Several years ago, with 2003 version, I used the following macro to fill a 
value list with all the data copied in the Task field of Project 2003.
May be you could adapt it to your purpose.
G�rard Ducouret

Sub ListeD�roulante()

Dim oTache As Object
Dim Texto As String, Desc As String
    'Call Chasse_Carac_interdits ' Chasse le "." interdit dans les noms car 
utilis� comme s�parateur
    SelectTaskColumn Column:="Texte10" 'on s�lectionne la colonne text10

For Each oTache In ActiveProject.Tasks      'pour chaque tache dans le 
projet actif
    If Not oTache Is Nothing Then           'si on a pas saut� de ligne
        Texto = oTache.Name                 'texto=le code (1�re colonne de 
la liste)
        Desc = oTache.Text1                 'desc=colonne de description (la 
2�me col.)
        CustomFieldValueListAdd FieldID:=pjCustomTaskText10, Value:=Texto, 
Description:=Desc
        'la ligne ci dessus renseigne le champ "text10" avec la valeur dans 
"texto" et dans "desc"
    End If
Next oTache
CustomFieldValueList FieldID:=pjCustomTaskText10, ListDefault:=False, 
RestrictToList:=True, DisplayOrder:=pjListOrderDefault
'pour le m�me champ personnalis� : renseigne quelques param�tres li�s � la 
liste d�roulante
    CustomFieldProperties FieldID:=pjCustomTaskText10, 
Attribute:=pjFieldAttributeValueList, SummaryCalc:=pjCalcNone, 
GraphicalIndicators:=False, Required:=False

End Sub

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 
DB62FD66-CD6C-4ED9-BAD2-1744CF702A08@microsoft.com...
>I copied the value list from another project but unfortunately another user
> did not restrict the values to this list and allowed the new values to be
> appended to the value list.  I need to delete over 200 rows in the value 
> list
> and then restrict the values to the remaining 200 rows.
>
> "G�rard Ducouret" wrote:
>
>> Hello Val,
>>
>> This value list was created in Project (desktop) or in PWA?
>>
>> G�rard Ducouret
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
>> 6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text 
>> > column?
>> > I
>> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need 
>> > to
>> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st 
>> > row
>> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this 
>> > possible?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 



0
G
3/8/2010 11:35:15 PM
Project 2003
 I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select 
value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value list 
one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line by 
line.



"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Which version of MS Project?
> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then 
> click the lookup value button.
> 
> 
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B3D0D4CA-9891-44BD-BA85-BF16E0997AE4@microsoft.com...
> > Tried that - it didn't work :(
> >
> > I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the problem.
> > Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. The
> >> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
> >>
> >> -Jack
> >>
> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
> >> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one at 
> >> > a
> >> > time.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks.
> >> >
> >> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
> >> >>
> >> >> -Jack Dahlgren
> >> >>
> >> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text
> >> >> > column?
> >> >> > I
> >> >> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I 
> >> >> > need
> >> >> > to
> >> >> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 
> >> >> > 1st
> >> >> > row
> >> >> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this
> >> >> > possible?
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
> >> >>
> >> >> .
> >> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/9/2010 3:50:01 PM
Proj 2003 may have that limitation...

How about just creating a custom field and value list?

-Jack

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:486A499F-328A-40EA-987B-0D1BF26F8FEB@microsoft.com...
> Project 2003
> I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
> value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value 
> list
> one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line by
> line.
>
>
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Which version of MS Project?
>> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then
>> click the lookup value button.
>>
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:B3D0D4CA-9891-44BD-BA85-BF16E0997AE4@microsoft.com...
>> > Tried that - it didn't work :(
>> >
>> > I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the 
>> > problem.
>> > Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
>> >
>> > thanks.
>> >
>> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. 
>> >> The
>> >> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
>> >>
>> >> -Jack
>> >>
>> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
>> >> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one 
>> >> > at
>> >> > a
>> >> > time.
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks.
>> >> >
>> >> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -Jack Dahlgren
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text
>> >> >> > column?
>> >> >> > I
>> >> >> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I
>> >> >> > need
>> >> >> > to
>> >> >> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on 
>> >> >> > the
>> >> >> > 1st
>> >> >> > row
>> >> >> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this
>> >> >> > possible?
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>> >> >>
>> >> >> .
>> >> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>> .
>> 
0
Jack
3/9/2010 8:43:58 PM
How about a new approach?  Is there a way I can delete the entire value list 
without going thru it row by row.  I tried to start with Gerard's Visual 
Basic script but I'm not that good at VB.  So I just want to delete the 
entire value list and then start from scratch. 

"Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:

> Proj 2003 may have that limitation...
> 
> How about just creating a custom field and value list?
> 
> -Jack
> 
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:486A499F-328A-40EA-987B-0D1BF26F8FEB@microsoft.com...
> > Project 2003
> > I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
> > value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value 
> > list
> > one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line by
> > line.
> >
> >
> >
> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Which version of MS Project?
> >> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, then
> >> click the lookup value button.
> >>
> >>
> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:B3D0D4CA-9891-44BD-BA85-BF16E0997AE4@microsoft.com...
> >> > Tried that - it didn't work :(
> >> >
> >> > I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the 
> >> > problem.
> >> > Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
> >> >
> >> > thanks.
> >> >
> >> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and click. 
> >> >> The
> >> >> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
> >> >>
> >> >> -Jack
> >> >>
> >> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it one 
> >> >> > at
> >> >> > a
> >> >> > time.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Thanks.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> -Jack Dahlgren
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> >> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text
> >> >> >> > column?
> >> >> >> > I
> >> >> >> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I
> >> >> >> > need
> >> >> >> > to
> >> >> >> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on 
> >> >> >> > the
> >> >> >> > 1st
> >> >> >> > row
> >> >> >> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this
> >> >> >> > possible?
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> .
> >> >> >>
> >> >> .
> >> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/9/2010 9:30:01 PM
OK, I figured out a way to get rid of the bad data.  I have a project that 
has a clean ValueList and if I use "Import Custom Field" from the Customize 
Field form then the imported value list writes over my existing value list 
where if I used the "Import Value List" from the Value list form then it 
appends the list to the existing list.

Thanks for offering help.

"Val" wrote:

> Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column?  I 
> have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to 
> delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row 
> and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is this possible?
> 
> Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
0
Utf
3/9/2010 10:56:01 PM
I think Proj2003 had a function to import a lookup table. Try importing a 
blank one from another project.

-Jack

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1C4EE682-2FCA-4933-BB05-4F72AAADDD72@microsoft.com...
> How about a new approach?  Is there a way I can delete the entire value 
> list
> without going thru it row by row.  I tried to start with Gerard's Visual
> Basic script but I'm not that good at VB.  So I just want to delete the
> entire value list and then start from scratch.
>
> "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>
>> Proj 2003 may have that limitation...
>>
>> How about just creating a custom field and value list?
>>
>> -Jack
>>
>> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:486A499F-328A-40EA-987B-0D1BF26F8FEB@microsoft.com...
>> > Project 2003
>> > I right-click the column header - select customize fields, then select
>> > value list.  It appears that I can only cut/delete a row from the value
>> > list
>> > one at a time.  I'd like to delete 200 rows all at once instead of line 
>> > by
>> > line.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Which version of MS Project?
>> >> In Proj 2007 right-click a column header - select customize fields, 
>> >> then
>> >> click the lookup value button.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:B3D0D4CA-9891-44BD-BA85-BF16E0997AE4@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Tried that - it didn't work :(
>> >> >
>> >> > I'm inside the value list dialog box so I'm thinking that is the
>> >> > problem.
>> >> > Is there somewhere else that I can go to edit the value list?
>> >> >
>> >> > thanks.
>> >> >
>> >> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Select first item by clicking. Scroll down. Hold shift key and 
>> >> >> click.
>> >> >> The
>> >> >> entire set of items between those two points will be selected.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -Jack
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:5CD4F05B-CCE6-4D90-9B94-7FD94AEEE753@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> > How do I cut all 200 rows at once?  I don't really want to do it 
>> >> >> > one
>> >> >> > at
>> >> >> > a
>> >> >> > time.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > Thanks.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > "Jack Dahlgren MVP" wrote:
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> -Jack Dahlgren
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> >> news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> >> > Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a 
>> >> >> >> > Text
>> >> >> >> > column?
>> >> >> >> > I
>> >> >> >> > have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates 
>> >> >> >> > that I
>> >> >> >> > need
>> >> >> >> > to
>> >> >> >> > delete.  I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on
>> >> >> >> > the
>> >> >> >> > 1st
>> >> >> >> > row
>> >> >> >> > and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted.  Is 
>> >> >> >> > this
>> >> >> >> > possible?
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie)
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> .
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> .
>> >> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>> .
>> 
0
Jack
3/10/2010 6:48:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?
While trying to delete very old "Sent" mail I seem to have deleted all "Sent" mail. Is there a way of recovering this mail? Have you closed Outlook since deleting the old sent mail? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm might help. Next time, archive the items you want removed from your active .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sidney Friedman as...

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

Cannot delete subreport
I am using Access 2003 and have a report I did a while back with a simple subreport. I want to remove the subreport but for the life of me can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi - When you say "remove the sub report", what do you mean? Do you want to delete the entire subreport control containing the subreport, or do you want to keep the control, but change the report contained in it? The first is easy - select the control by clicking once on it once, then press delete. For the second, click the control once, then set ...

Rule for Deleted Items
I am being told that there is a rule in place on my Exchange server that will not empty the deleted items folder every 30 days for certain users in my organization. I found a recipient policy in System Manager that says "Users Excluded from Mailbox Cleanup" but it only shows 2 users and not the 3 I was told about. But I have confirmed that the missing person has email in her deleted items folder going back to 2005 so it must be working. Is there any other location I should be looking? Also, we just had someone come in and migrate our Exchange environment from 2000 to a new...

cannot delete message from deleted items
I have a message in my deleted items folder that when choosing delete opens the McAfee box warning of potential virus and wants me to choose open or do not open, but will not delete. I have tried choosing another file and holding ctrl and choosing the file I want deleted and then choosing delete, I have tried moving it to the desktop but it will only copy there, I have tried every form of delete possible. I need help. Anyone know how? Outlook 2002. Can you empty the deleted items folder entirely? Or turn off the McAfee scanning temporarily to see if it makes a difference? Julie wr...

multiple schemas
Hi; How does it work when you have multiple schemas (all except 1 tied to a unique namespace I assume)? There can only be one root in the xml but each schema starts from a root element. Also, is there a good book or website that explains schemas in full? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm Hello Dave As far as I know, <schema> element is the root element of every XML Schema. <xs:schema> <xs:element name="element1"> .... </xs:element> </xs:schema> ...

I can not delete a duplicate personal folders list #2
Vall... amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ), and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to make the problem worse! Your profile is corrupt, probably based on an incorrect migration of your ..pst file. Create a new mail profile and configure it to use your exi...

Retrieval of Deleted Items After Being Deleted from the Deleted Items File
I deleted a number of important emails from the deleted items file in Outlook 2000. This may sound stupid, but I completely emptied the deleted items file instead of deleting them one by one. Pretty stupid, huh. Anyone. Can they be retrieved? Please help. Thanks. Sorry for sending this again but I seem to be computer illiterate and it has taken me some time to explain the whole situation. Thanks again. unless you use Exchange server with deleted retention enabled, you are most likely out of luck, but you can try something that might help.... http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/r...

Access 2003 multiple if then statement help
Hello, I am having a problem constructing the proper clause for querying my database. I have multiple values used in computing daily averages of constituent data for measurements. An example of my table for my table [tbl_data] is shown below; Constit Value AdjConstitValue UseIterpolated DoNotUse S1 1300 1258 [x] [ ] S1 1352 [ ] [ ] S1 1564 [ ] [x] etc.. Using an if statement I put together a statement for the query to display the AdjConstitValue if UseInterpolated is checked and that works f...

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Delete macros
I am using Excel 2002. When I click on Tools->Macro->Macros... i see 2 macros. The problem I am having is that I can't delete these macros, the delete button to the right is grayed out. How can I delete these macros? Hi maybe the macros are protected. Try hitting ALT + F11 to open the VBA editor and try to delete the macros / modules there -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany excel777 wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. When I click on Tools->Macro->Macros... i see > 2 macros. The problem I am having is that I can't delete these > macros, the delete button to ...

deleting email in outlook, freezes before i can delete
i have a file with pics that symetec scanner says is to large. i can receieve email but cannot send any. it freezes before i can delete and says non responding. Hi All, I want to re-raise the old issue of Fax numbers showing up in the Outlook Address book when one is sending an email. I know that this can be stopped by prepending the Contact's fax number with a letter so that Outlook doesn't see it as a valid fax number and therefore doesn't list it. What's always puzzled me, however, is that this fix doesn't work if the fax numbers are changed using an export to CSV...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

opening multiple files #4
Excel will not open multiple files. You need to describe the scenario as Excel ordinarily will open multiple files. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?
I'm afraid I'll have to delete my Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2000. When I try to empty the folder I get a "The messaging interfce has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists Restart Outlook" message. Is it possible to delete the entire folder and replace it with an empty new one? Will it create any problems? TIA Henrik Not possible. Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors first. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

How to delete chart
I created a histogram and want to delete it. I select it and the faint double border apperars. There are no square handles like in 2003. Then I press the Delete key. The faint double border goes away replaced by a single thin black border. The chart is still there and is not able to be selected at all. I entered "delete chart" in the Excel Help window, and there was nothing at all on deleting a chart. Ditto for "remove chart." I got no help searching on the internet either. I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP Professional When the border changes, can you press Delete a...

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

Delete blank Last page
In a word document where the last page is blank due to editing or whatnot, how do you get rid of the frigg' thing. This is a Visio newsgroup - your question was about Word. However, I have had this problem as you have. Narrowing the margins and line spacing on the page previous to the last may get rid of this annoying "blank" page for you. - Jeff Chapman "silkies" <silkies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCC1FF1-50D0-42CE-BA84-868CB26A43AC@microsoft.com... > In a word document where the last page is blank due to editing or > whatnot...

Deleting an email
I have an email (with a file attached) that is "hung up" in my outbox of Microsoft Outlook. Now I can't send or receive emails in Outlook. How can I delete the email that is "hung up"? Define hung up. Is it trying to send it? If so, disconnect your connection while it's trying to send and wait. It will time out after a bit and you should be able to delete it. Reconnect. "Aaron Hurliman" <AaronLHurliman@aol.com> wrote in message news:03b001c34f39$0fb61ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have an email (with a file attached) that is "hung up&q...

SelectSingleNode returning undefined value:imsmanifest.xml
I tried so many ways to select the node but its not working, please help. I want to research by the identifier in imsmanifest.xml file, the node could be item or resource. XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); try { string node = Request.QueryString["node"]; //getting nodeid from query string doc.Load(Session["xmlFile"].ToString()); //load xml file from session variable //Create an XmlNamespaceManager for resolving namespaces. XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable); //there are two namespaces not sure i...

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...

Recovering Unrecoverable Deleted Public Folders
Long, sad story with a punch line (which is worth getting to): Exchange 2003. Ran into a situation where a user deleted 10 public folders by mistake. Using Recover Deleted Items to retrieve them, got back five of the folders (the ones that were empty in the first place) but we received the following error message when attempting to recover the other five (the ones with actual stuff in them): "Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make sure you have the required permissions to recover items in this folder and try again. If the problem persists contact you...

How do I delete a message in my outbox that contains a large file
I tried to send an email containing a large enclosure. Too large to send and now the message is stuck in my outbox. How do I delete the message? I have tried the normal route - cut, delete, but it stays in the outbox and slows down my send/receive capabilities "Lillian" <Lillian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11E7BA3-C410-48CC-8B15-F6EA284665E7@microsoft.com... > I tried to send an email containing a large enclosure. Too large to send > and > now the message is stuck in my outbox. How do I delete the message? I > have >...

recent documents list
When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. I followed instructions in the "Options" menu, but the appropriate box is dimmed. So I can't check it to enable this feature. Gretchen <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. Why are you posting this in a Publisher discussion group??? Gretchen, Have you used an anti-spyware tool and removed the MRU lists along with the other malware. "Gretchen" <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...