Delete unused resource in MS Project?

Someone has added a list of resources that I now want to delete from the
resource list to prevent assigning to any tasks.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Parris,

If the resources are assigned to tasks, view the Gantt chart use the
"using resource filter" to filter for those resources, and then
re-assign those tasks to other resources.  After making sure the
resources have no tasks assigned, if you are using MS Project (not
Project Server), open the file, view the Resource Sheet and delete the
resources.

I sense there may be something more to what you need, but without
further information from you (are you using server?  are you using a
resource pool file?) it's tough to give more specific advice.
I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 1/8/2010 5:55 PM, Parris_In_Florida wrote:
> Someone has added a list of resources that I now want to delete from the
> resource list to prevent assigning to any tasks.

-2
JulieS
1/8/2010 11:01:24 PM
Parris_In_Florida --

Click View - Resource Sheet.  Select the gray row headers for the resources
you do not want to use in your project and then press the Delete key on your
computer keyboard.  Save your project.

If your project is connected to a shared Resource Pool file, the above steps
will not work.  When you use a shared Resource Pool file, the resource pool
always shares every resource with your sharing project.  Are you using a
shared Resource Pool file with your project, by chance?  If not, ignore this
paragraph!  :)

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Parris_In_Florida" <Parris_In_Florida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B3F13D6E-ECE5-4777-8887-103585F2C8A8@microsoft.com...
> Someone has added a list of resources that I now want to delete from the
> resource list to prevent assigning to any tasks.

5
Dale

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

interesting way to schedule MS Access jobs
Hi everyone, I ran across some neat software to schedule MS Access database tasks to run any time of the day. Also, it doesn't rely on Windows Scheduled Tasks, so that is good. It uses it's own scheduling engine, check it out: http://macros.subpacket.com Cheers, Chris Hi Chris The standard guarantee is something like this We're so confident that macro scheduler will save you time and money by running tedious macro tasks late at night that if you are having any problems whatsoever, we will REFUND YOUR MONEY Instead this programme gives this We're so confident that m...

Project server 2007 Timesheet creation
Hi, We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are facing the following issues. 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the planned hours against the standard row. 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will be added without project name and tasks. Please help me to resolve the issues. Thanks, arun Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps "Arun" wrote: > Hi, ...

Solid State Drive (SSD) and Windows Server 2008 for Project Server 2010
Hello, I don't know anything about SSD disk. I expect to buy a new laptop with an SSD disk on Microsoft advice. Do you know if it's possible to partition such a SSD disk such as to install Win Server 2008 besides Win 7 Pro? Thanks for your feedback Hello here are two blog posts I did about SSD: http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/25/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-2010-project-server-2010-demo-image-benchmark-take-2.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/06/11/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-project-server-demo-image-bench...

Searching resources or books to learn Vista&Win7 OGL driver develo
Hi, Can any expert tell me where to find good books and resources to learn Vista or Win7 OpenGL driver development? Thanks KC Did you ever receive a response? I too am in the same boat or at least sailing in roughly the same direction "driver_guy" wrote: > Hi, > > Can any expert tell me where to find good books and resources to learn Vista > or Win7 OpenGL driver development? > > Thanks > > KC > ...

Change of BU in MS CRM
Hi. Can I change the BU membershit after I have created the user? Thanks Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. MembershiP - that is :-)) "Jacob Mondrup - Cultivator Danmark" <jm@cultivator.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:%23Cb5DT%23eFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > Can I change the BU membershit after I have created the user? > > Thanks > > Best regards > > Jacob Mondrup > IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. > Yes. In the user listing, choose one and select 'Change BU' from the action menu. -- ...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Active Directory Project
I'm going to be working on an active directory project and would like some advice of some good articles (links), resources to use or any helpful hints someone can provide. My company has one domain controller at the main branch. At branch 2 we would like a backup domain controller or a server to act as a backup global catalog. I also want the employee's roaming profiles who are working at branch 2 to be pulled down from that server located at branch 2 and not the main branch. This may be called replication? A process to sync up the roaming profiles between the tw...

Why can't I view my Pulisher project in color?
When I preview my project in Publisher I can't view it in color, only gray scale . Any ideas why this is? Do you have a color printer? In Publisher 2007 if the default printer is black and white you will get a print preview in gray scale. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dru" <Dru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5B69E9-870B-468E-A40F-5FD4240937A1@microsoft.com... > When I preview my project in Publisher I can't view it in color, only gray > scale . Any ideas why ...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

#Deleted

How to copy a dialog resource from an EXE to a DLL
Does anyone know how to do this? I tried using the sample code in MSDN, condensed below. Using the IDE I looked at "result" and it was true. All the preceding variables appeared to have valid handles. But when I check the second instance of "DlgStep1Resource", it is NULL. Can anyone help me. Thank you very much. void CImportController::SetResource(UINT DlgResourceID) { HGLOBAL DlgStep1ResourceHandle; HMODULE ParentModule; HRSRC DlgStep1Resource; HANDLE hdlUpdateResource; LPVOID pTemplate; ParentModule = ::LoadLibrary("ImportPrototype.exe"); ...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...