Custom Views (Project Professional 2007)

Hi, my company is using Project Professional and Project Server 2007.  We
have created two custom views in Project Professional and ever now and then
the views some how get mixed up.  For example, we've made Table A and Table B
and put Table A in view A and Table B in view B.  Some how Table B ends up
being the view for View A instead of Table A.  At first we thought maybe one
of the PMs was accidently changing the view but it has also done it over
night when no one had been working on it.  Have you ever heard of such a
glitch?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think that was a problem. With Project 2007 it is essential, say again
essential that you apply all service packs and cumulative updates to Project
Server and Project Professional. If you don't, all bets are off!

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my company is using Project Professional and Project Server 2007.  We
> have created two custom views in Project Professional and ever now and
> then
> the views some how get mixed up.  For example, we've made Table A and
> Table B
> and put Table A in view A and Table B in view B.  Some how Table B ends up
> being the view for View A instead of Table A.  At first we thought maybe
> one
> of the PMs was accidently changing the view but it has also done it over
> night when no one had been working on it.  Have you ever heard of such a
> glitch?

> signature database 5170 (20100603) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5170 (20100603) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
6/3/2010 11:16:00 PM
We have SP2 for both Project Server and Project Professional and a few other
hotfixes.  Would you happen to remember what month this fix may have come out
for this issue?  I've been looking through hotfixes but I haven't come across
one yet said it fixes this problem.  Of course we haven't had this issue in a
while but I don't want it to start up again if we do not have the right fix
on there.

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> I think that was a problem. With Project 2007 it is essential, say again
> essential that you apply all service packs and cumulative updates to Project
> Server and Project Professional. If you don't, all bets are off!
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, my company is using Project Professional and Project Server 2007.  We
> > have created two custom views in Project Professional and ever now and
> > then
> > the views some how get mixed up.  For example, we've made Table A and
> > Table B
> > and put Table A in view A and Table B in view B.  Some how Table B ends up
> > being the view for View A instead of Table A.  At first we thought maybe
> > one
> > of the PMs was accidently changing the view but it has also done it over
> > night when no one had been working on it.  Have you ever heard of such a
> > glitch?

> > signature database 5170 (20100603) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5170 (20100603) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

outlook 2007 #56
eWhen creating new mail or forwarding email, the text in the body of the email shrinks to tiny pin points that are unreadable. This is a trail version, and I am not inclined to buy the full version if this problem persists. -- Glenn A Check your Zoom factor or in the body of the email, try Control + your mouse wheel. "Glenn A" <GlennA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70BB6553-068B-4239-BA9D-F857F2042D50@microsoft.com... > eWhen creating new mail or forwarding email, the text in the body of the > email shrinks to tiny pin points that are unreadable....

toolbar customization

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

Cannot Insert nor copy & Paste Word 2007 document into Pub. 2007
I have never been able to insert a Word document into Publisher. Always get the "Not enough memory to convert to text formatting. Windows is low on memory." Have been using COPY & PASTE. Today, even that doesn't work. COPY & PASTE only pastes a blank text box. HELP! I have a newsletter to get out. Create a text box in Publisher, right-click the box, click change text, Click text file, browse to the Word document. Publisher will automatically create over flow text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "zoey621" <zoey621@discuss...

Unable to view Settings side tab
I'm new to CRM and just loaded up a VPC to try it out. I logged into the VPC as an admin user so that I could check out the Settings area and look through the customization options. Unfortunately there was no "Bar" on the side tab for "Settings" and the menu option for getting "Settings" to display does not seem to work. Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions for tracking down the issue? Do a search on these forums - this has been covered multiple times now. "Darren Neimke" wrote: > I'm new to CRM and just loaded up a VPC to ...

Customize Does not WOrk

restrictions in effect on this computer outlook 2007 running vista
I try to open a hyperlink in outlook 2007 and I get a message "restrictions in effect on this computer". I'm running vista ultimate. "Travelling Taff" <Travelling Taff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C86E89C1-14FB-492B-B0F2-9A3E8F95392B@microsoft.com... >I try to open a hyperlink in outlook 2007 and I get a message "restrictions > in effect on this computer". I'm running vista ultimate. A five second Google search of this newsgroup would have found this: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Brian Tillman...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Project's published but couldn't view the impact in data analysis
Hi, I am using Project Server 2007 and MS Project 2007. I have created a new project and published it to the project server, I can see the project in the Project Center. I have created a data analysis view using "Assignement TimePhased" cube and have added project list field as the filter and task list as the row filter. The problem is that the newly created project is not available in this project list field, niether any task is available in the task list field for that project. kindly help. Regards, You have to rebuild the analysis cubes before the pro...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Project Time in Business Portal
Is anyone using this? We're trying to configure BP3.0 to allow Project Timesheet entry by admins on behalf of department employees. It's easy to set the user proxies in regular timesheet entry in BP but I can't find where to set it in Project Timesheet. Anyone have experience with this? Thx, Frank Hamelly ...

how do I view an archived file?
How can I view an archived file and print info from it? Does the archived file have archive in the name? It *could* have Archive in the name and then again it could have *JoAnn* in the name. I don't understand what you mean by an "archived" file? To me, all that is is a copy of the file. Period. Could you give us a little more information? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "martyman2" <martyman2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49630724-D482-4FC2-B796-49C42B81C7D7@microsoft.com... > How can I view an archived file and print in...

Customer Report

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...