Custom Report

Is there a way to make custom reports in Project?

I would like something like:

"Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --1st task
"Resource Name" "Start"

"Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --2nd task
"Resource Name" "Start"etc.

TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello chazparks,

Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you may
find that creating a table to show the required fields and then just
printing the view gives you much more control over the display of
the data.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

"chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to make custom reports in Project?
>
> I would like something like:
>
> "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --1st task
> "Resource Name" "Start"
>
> "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --2nd task
> "Resource Name" "Start"etc.
>
> TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text.

0
JulieS
11/20/2009 5:14:30 PM
How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that table?

"JulieS" wrote:

> Hello chazparks,
>
> Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you may
> find that creating a table to show the required fields and then just
> printing the view gives you much more control over the display of
> the data.
>
> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>
> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to make custom reports in Project?
> >
> > I would like something like:
> >
> > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --1st task
> > "Resource Name" "Start"
> >
> > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --2nd task
> > "Resource Name" "Start"etc.
> >
> > TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text.
>

> .

Hi Chasparks,

To create the new table:

View > Table, More Tables, New
OR
View > Table, More Tables, Take an existing table and copy it.

In the table definition dialog add or delete fields as needed.  From
your description below I'd make a copy of the Entry table and add
Unique ID, delete Duration, delete the predecessor field.  The Name
field (Task Name), Start, and Resource Names fields are already
there.

To create a report:
View > Report, Custom.  Select a Task Report.  In the report
definition select the table you create.

Julie

> How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that
> table?
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> Hello chazparks,
>>
>> Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you may
>> find that creating a table to show the required fields and then
>> just
>> printing the view gives you much more control over the display of
>> the data.
>>
>> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>
>> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Is there a way to make custom reports in Project?
>> >
>> > I would like something like:
>> >
>> > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --1st task
>> > "Resource Name" "Start"
>> >
>> > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --2nd task
>> > "Resource Name" "Start"etc.
>> >
>> > TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text.
>>

>> .

0
JulieS
11/20/2009 9:19:41 PM
I don't have View Tables.

I'm Using Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO(12.0.6425.1000).

Should I be using a different version?

"JulieS" wrote:

> Hi Chasparks,
>
> To create the new table:
>
> View > Table, More Tables, New
> OR
> View > Table, More Tables, Take an existing table and copy it.
>
> In the table definition dialog add or delete fields as needed.  From
> your description below I'd make a copy of the Entry table and add
> Unique ID, delete Duration, delete the predecessor field.  The Name
> field (Task Name), Start, and Resource Names fields are already
> there.
>
> To create a report:
> View > Report, Custom.  Select a Task Report.  In the report
> definition select the table you create.
>
> Julie
>
> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that
> > table?
> >
> > "JulieS" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello chazparks,
> >>
> >> Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you may
> >> find that creating a table to show the required fields and then
> >> just
> >> printing the view gives you much more control over the display of
> >> the data.
> >>
> >> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
> >>
> >> Julie
> >> Project MVP
> >>
> >> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> >> information about Microsoft Project
> >>
> >> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Here is a sample of what I want the report to look like:
http://cid-ecd92ccfad7ce610.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/FullQI111709175705.pdf

"chazparks" wrote:

> How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that table?
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
> > Hello chazparks,
> >
> > Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you may
> > find that creating a table to show the required fields and then just
> > printing the view gives you much more control over the display of
> > the data.
> >
> > I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
> >
> > Julie
> > Project MVP
> >
> > Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> > information about Microsoft Project
> >
> > "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way to make custom reports in Project?
> > >
> > > I would like something like:
> > >
> > > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --1st task
> > > "Resource Name" "Start"
> > >
> > > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --2nd task
> > > "Resource Name" "Start"etc.
> > >
> > > TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text.
> >

> > .

------=_NextPart_000_019E_01CA6D27.1D902AE0

Hi Chasparks,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

You might like to have a look at my free series for beginners on =
Microsoft Project in the TechTrax ezine, particularly #21 on customizing =
tables, at this site: http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc  or this: =
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=3DArticleSear=
ch&AUTH=3D23=20
(Perhaps you'd care to rate the article before leaving the site, :)  =
Thanks.)

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: <http://www.mvps.org/project/>

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP

  "JulieS" wrote:

  > Hi Chasparks,
  >=20
  > To create the new table:
  >=20
  > View > Table, More Tables, New
  > OR
  > View > Table, More Tables, Take an existing table and copy it.
  >=20
  > In the table definition dialog add or delete fields as needed.  From =

  > your description below I'd make a copy of the Entry table and add=20
  > Unique ID, delete Duration, delete the predecessor field.  The Name=20
  > field (Task Name), Start, and Resource Names fields are already=20
  > there.
  >=20
  > To create a report:
  > View > Report, Custom.  Select a Task Report.  In the report=20
  > definition select the table you create.
  >=20
  > Julie
  >=20
  > "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  > > How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that=20
  > > table?
  > >
  > > "JulieS" wrote:
  > >
  > >> Hello chazparks,
  > >>
  > >> Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you may
  > >> find that creating a table to show the required fields and then=20
  > >> just
  > >> printing the view gives you much more control over the display of
  > >> the data.
  > >>
  > >> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
  > >>
  > >> Julie
  > >> Project MVP
  > >>
  > >> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
  > >> information about Microsoft Project
  > >>
  > >> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in=20
  > >> message

  > >> .
  > >>=20
  >=20
  >=20
  > .

------=_NextPart_000_019E_01CA6D27.1D902AE0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16444"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Chasparks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">You might like to have a look at my =
free series=20
for beginners on Microsoft Project in the TechTrax ezine, particularly =
#21 on=20
customizing tables, at this site: <A=20
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A>&nbsp; or =
this: <A=20
title=3D"http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=3DAr=
ticleSearch&amp;AUTH=3D23&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=3DArt=
icleSearch&amp;AUTH=3D23">http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMF=
rame.asp?CMD=3DArticleSearch&amp;AUTH=3D23</A>=20
<BR>(Perhaps you'd care to rate the article before leaving the site, =
:)&nbsp;=20
Thanks.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: &lt;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.mvps.org/project/">http://www.mvps.org/project/</A>&gt=
;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project =
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"chazparks" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com">chazparks@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:2DA8A54A-F1D1-4A8C-BB3E-B5A1B5B7B50B@microsoft.com">news:2DA=
8A54A-F1D1-4A8C-BB3E-B5A1B5B7B50B@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  don't have View Tables.<BR><BR>I'm Using Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) =
SP2=20
  MSO(12.0.6425.1000).<BR><BR>Should I be using a different=20
  version?<BR><BR>"JulieS" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Hi Chasparks,<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; To=20
  create the new table:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; View &gt; Table, More Tables,=20
  New<BR>&gt; OR<BR>&gt; View &gt; Table, More Tables, Take an existing =
table=20
  and copy it.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; In the table definition dialog add or =
delete=20
  fields as needed.&nbsp; From <BR>&gt; your description below I'd make =
a copy=20
  of the Entry table and add <BR>&gt; Unique ID, delete Duration, delete =
the=20
  predecessor field.&nbsp; The Name <BR>&gt; field (Task Name), Start, =
and=20
  Resource Names fields are already <BR>&gt; there.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; To =
create a=20
  report:<BR>&gt; View &gt; Report, Custom.&nbsp; Select a Task =
Report.&nbsp; In=20
  the report <BR>&gt; definition select the table you create.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  Julie<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "chazparks" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com">chazparks@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0C4CC39C-437D-4161-A56F-C8CC5C6EAE4F@microsoft.com">news:0C4=
CC39C-437D-4161-A56F-C8CC5C6EAE4F@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that =
<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; table?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; "JulieS" wrote:<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; Hello chazparks,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Yes, you =
can=20
  create custom reports in Project.&nbsp; However, you may<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt; find=20
  that creating a table to show the required fields and then <BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  just<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; printing the view gives you much more control =
over the=20
  display of<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; the data.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt; I hope=20
  this helps.&nbsp; Let us know how you get along.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; Julie<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Project MVP<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  Visit <A =
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/">http://project.mvps.org/</A> for the=20
  FAQs and additional<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; information about Microsoft=20
  Project<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; "chazparks" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com">chazparks@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; message<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:9BED5B8E-A36E-4507-9ECD-D3BB6A43D4C4@microsoft.com">news:9BE=
D5B8E-A36E-4507-9ECD-D3BB6A43D4C4@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt; Is there a way to make custom reports in =
Project?<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I would like something =
like:<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; "Unique ID"&nbsp; "Owner" =
"TaskName"&nbsp;=20
  --1st task<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; "Resource Name" "Start"<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; "Unique ID"&nbsp; "Owner" "TaskName"&nbsp; =
--2nd=20
  task<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; "Resource Name" "Start"etc.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; TaskName should also be able to wrap for =
all=20
  text.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; .<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_019E_01CA6D27.1D902AE0--

0
Mike
11/24/2009 4:56:49 PM
If I have read your posting correctly, the pdf file was not created
in Project.  It looks like it was a Word document.  I cannot begin
to think of a way to create that in Project as it is a *not* a
project -- it's a check-list with details.

Julie

> Here is a sample of what I want the report to look like:
> http://cid-ecd92ccfad7ce610.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/FullQI111709175705.pdf
>
> "chazparks" wrote:
>
>> How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that
>> table?
>>
>> "JulieS" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello chazparks,
>> >
>> > Yes, you can create custom reports in Project.  However, you
>> > may
>> > find that creating a table to show the required fields and then
>> > just
>> > printing the view gives you much more control over the display
>> > of
>> > the data.
>> >
>> > I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>> >
>> > Julie
>> > Project MVP
>> >
>> > Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> > information about Microsoft Project
>> >
>> > "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

>> > .

0
JulieS
11/24/2009 8:01:01 PM
I don't understand.  Are you saying there is no menu option?

Click on View
Click on  Table:Current table name
Click on More tables

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

"chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't have View Tables.
>
> I'm Using Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO(12.0.6425.1000).
>
> Should I be using a different version?
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> Hi Chasparks,
>>
>> To create the new table:
>>
>> View > Table, More Tables, New
>> OR
>> View > Table, More Tables, Take an existing table and copy it.
>>
>> In the table definition dialog add or delete fields as needed.
>> From
>> your description below I'd make a copy of the Entry table and add
>> Unique ID, delete Duration, delete the predecessor field.  The
>> Name
>> field (Task Name), Start, and Resource Names fields are already
>> there.
>>
>> To create a report:
>> View > Report, Custom.  Select a Task Report.  In the report
>> definition select the table you create.
>>
>> Julie
>>
>> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that
>> > table?

>> .

0
JulieS
11/24/2009 8:01:36 PM
Thanks for the links.   I don't see the option to create a report style that
I'm wanting.  Does that need to be done in Crystal Reports and called from
Project?  Is there a way to do that?

"Mike Glen" wrote:

> [...]
>   > >> Project MVP
>   > >>
>   > >> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>   > >> information about Microsoft Project
>   > >>
>   > >> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>   > >> message
>   > >> news:9BED5B8E-A36E-4507-9ECD-D3BB6A43D4C4@microsoft.com...
>   > >> > Is there a way to make custom reports in Project?
>   > >> >
>   > >> > I would like something like:
>   > >> >
>   > >> > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --1st task
>   > >> > "Resource Name" "Start"
>   > >> >
>   > >> > "Unique ID"  "Owner" "TaskName"  --2nd task
>   > >> > "Resource Name" "Start"etc.
>   > >> >
>   > >> > TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text.
I have View\Table:Entry  and that has a more tables option.  I think, the
different word after "Table:" threw me off the first time.  Thanks for
pointing that out as the Current Table Name.

Report is on my main toolbar though not under View.  Is there a difference?

"JulieS" wrote:

> I don't understand.  Are you saying there is no menu option?
>
> Click on View
> Click on  Table:Current table name
> Click on More tables
>

> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>

> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't have View Tables.
> >
> > I'm Using Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO(12.0.6425.1000).
> >
> > Should I be using a different version?
> >
> > "JulieS" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Chasparks,
> >>
> >> To create the new table:
> >>
> >> View > Table, More Tables, New
> >> OR
> >> View > Table, More Tables, Take an existing table and copy it.
> >>
> >> In the table definition dialog add or delete fields as needed.
> >> From
> >> your description below I'd make a copy of the Entry table and add
> >> Unique ID, delete Duration, delete the predecessor field.  The
> >> Name
> >> field (Task Name), Start, and Resource Names fields are already
> >> there.
> >>
> >> To create a report:
> >> View > Report, Custom.  Select a Task Report.  In the report
> >> definition select the table you create.
> >>
> >> Julie
> >>
> >> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Glad you found it.  I did not know you were using Project 2007 until
your recent post.  The reports are under the Report menu in 2007.

Julie

>I have View\Table:Entry  and that has a more tables option.  I
>think, the
> different word after "Table:" threw me off the first time.  Thanks
> for
> pointing that out as the Current Table Name.
>
> Report is on my main toolbar though not under View.  Is there a
> difference?
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> I don't understand.  Are you saying there is no menu option?
>>
>> Click on View
>> Click on  Table:Current table name
>> Click on More tables
>>

>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>

>> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I don't have View Tables.
>> >
>> > I'm Using Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2
>> > MSO(12.0.6425.1000).
>> >
>> > Should I be using a different version?

>> .

0
JulieS
11/24/2009 9:04:22 PM
The document was created outside of Project but I'm wanting to create
something that looks like that from data stored in Project.  Here is a
revised example:

http://cid-ecd92ccfad7ce610.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/SampleProject.bmp

"JulieS" wrote:

> If I have read your posting correctly, the pdf file was not created
> in Project.  It looks like it was a Word document.  I cannot begin
> to think of a way to create that in Project as it is a *not* a
> project -- it's a check-list with details.
>
> Julie
>

> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is a sample of what I want the report to look like:
> > http://cid-ecd92ccfad7ce610.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/FullQI111709175705.pdf
> >
> > "chazparks" wrote:
> >
> >> How do I create a table in Project and base a report on that
> >> table?

> .

If you want to use the data stored in Project for parts of the
report, you can export the fields of interest (Assignment owner,
Task Name, etc) to Excel.  You then have several options:

Create the report in Word and use Word's mail merge capabilities to
pull the data from the Excel spreadsheet.

Create the report directly in Excel using the exported data.

Take the excel data and import into Access.  Create the report in
Access.

The one option I do not think is available is the creation of the
report in Project.

Julie

> The document was created outside of Project but I'm wanting to
> create
> something that looks like that from data stored in Project.  Here
> is a
> revised example:
>
> http://cid-ecd92ccfad7ce610.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/SampleProject.bmp
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> If I have read your posting correctly, the pdf file was not
>> created
>> in Project.  It looks like it was a Word document.  I cannot
>> begin
>> to think of a way to create that in Project as it is a *not* a
>> project -- it's a check-list with details.
>>
>> Julie
>>

>> "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Here is a sample of what I want the report to look like:
>> > http://cid-ecd92ccfad7ce610.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/FullQI111709175705.pdf

>> .

0
JulieS

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Custom toolbar and macros

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

toolbar customization

Inventory Report showing material and Labor costs
Using V9.0, manufacturing. I cant find a report that shows material and labor costs for an item that we build Where can I find this report? I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order, and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number. This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs are not correct. thanks -- Doug Well, with manufacturing, the costs are generated MO by MO. There is no report that sumarizes a range of MOs. You could create this in Crystal or SRS. You would want, for each cost category, to list the average, mi...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

Include/Exclude filter in reports
Hi all, I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also, what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output was always the same!! Thanks, Mohamed 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid. 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu. 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report is run. 4....

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

setting "top" of report footer by VBA?
Hello, I need to print a report with the report footer always appearing at the bottom of the last page: The usable space on a page is 11,329 twips (19.98 cm), the report footer height is 6,611 twips (11.66 cm). That is, I need the report footer to start at 4,718 twips from the top of the page. The report footer contains labels with company name and address as well as the "legal stuff". I cannot use the page footer for an "if me.page = me.pages" construction because the page footer contains labels and text boxes with document number, revision and release ...

Customer Report

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...