Custom Fields in Project 2007

In Enterprise Project 2007, is it possible to add additional custom fields?
Currently i can see 10 cost fields and 20 number fields and would like to add
more
--
GDD
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Gary D --

Your question sounds like Project Server; if so, please post your future
questions in the microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup, as this
newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Project desktop application only.
In Project Server, the administrator does not create custom enterprise
fields in Project Professional 2007.  Instead, he/she creates custom
enterprise fields using the PWA interface, and the system allows an
unlimited number of custom enterprise fields.  The limitation you see in
Microsoft Project 2007 is for local projects only (projects saved as an MPP
file) when you are not using Project Server 2007.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Gary D" <GaryD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Enterprise Project 2007, is it possible to add additional custom
> fields?
> Currently i can see 10 cost fields and 20 number fields and would like to
> add
> more
> --
> GDD

0
Dale
2/17/2010 3:53:02 PM
Hi,

Depends what you mean by Ebnterprise Project.
Custom fields you define on Server level in Project Server are additional.
In Project Professional or Standard (not using Server) you cannot add any.
Hope this helps,

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Gary D" <GaryD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Enterprise Project 2007, is it possible to add additional custom
> fields?
> Currently i can see 10 cost fields and 20 number fields and would like to
> add
> more
> --
> GDD

0
Jan

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

outlook 2007 #56
eWhen creating new mail or forwarding email, the text in the body of the email shrinks to tiny pin points that are unreadable. This is a trail version, and I am not inclined to buy the full version if this problem persists. -- Glenn A Check your Zoom factor or in the body of the email, try Control + your mouse wheel. "Glenn A" <GlennA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70BB6553-068B-4239-BA9D-F857F2042D50@microsoft.com... > eWhen creating new mail or forwarding email, the text in the body of the > email shrinks to tiny pin points that are unreadable....

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

Cannot Insert nor copy & Paste Word 2007 document into Pub. 2007
I have never been able to insert a Word document into Publisher. Always get the "Not enough memory to convert to text formatting. Windows is low on memory." Have been using COPY & PASTE. Today, even that doesn't work. COPY & PASTE only pastes a blank text box. HELP! I have a newsletter to get out. Create a text box in Publisher, right-click the box, click change text, Click text file, browse to the Word document. Publisher will automatically create over flow text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "zoey621" <zoey621@discuss...

Customize Does not WOrk

restrictions in effect on this computer outlook 2007 running vista
I try to open a hyperlink in outlook 2007 and I get a message "restrictions in effect on this computer". I'm running vista ultimate. "Travelling Taff" <Travelling Taff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C86E89C1-14FB-492B-B0F2-9A3E8F95392B@microsoft.com... >I try to open a hyperlink in outlook 2007 and I get a message "restrictions > in effect on this computer". I'm running vista ultimate. A five second Google search of this newsgroup would have found this: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Brian Tillman...

Project's published but couldn't view the impact in data analysis
Hi, I am using Project Server 2007 and MS Project 2007. I have created a new project and published it to the project server, I can see the project in the Project Center. I have created a data analysis view using "Assignement TimePhased" cube and have added project list field as the filter and task list as the row filter. The problem is that the newly created project is not available in this project list field, niether any task is available in the task list field for that project. kindly help. Regards, You have to rebuild the analysis cubes before the pro...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Updated Field...
If I have some text information in a cell and when that text changes, I want to a date to get updated to today's date, how would I do that? Example: A1 contains text that reads "123456890TEST" A2 is formatted as a date and if I changed the text above to "XYZ" A2 would change to 10.24.05 Think of it like tracking in a way... If something changes in Cell1, update Cell2 with today's date... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:A100" On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If No...

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

Cannot define field more than once. (Error 3191) after shuffling o
Hi I just shuffled the order of fields and added some in a table. Now I cant save it, as it complains with "Cannot define field more than once. (Error 3191)". I think it somehow remembers the first location that a field was in, and then sees the new location and thinks its a duplicate. Andrew, Check very thoroughly that you don't have the exact same field name more than once. Personally I find that this can happen easily when I am playing with new tables and editing table fields. Jeanette Cunningham "Andrew P." <Andrew P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Project Time in Business Portal
Is anyone using this? We're trying to configure BP3.0 to allow Project Timesheet entry by admins on behalf of department employees. It's easy to set the user proxies in regular timesheet entry in BP but I can't find where to set it in Project Timesheet. Anyone have experience with this? Thx, Frank Hamelly ...

Choosing fields for system integration
I have a question on system integration on selecting "Unused" fields for storing data. Our system for entering tasks, billing, and tracking status on projects has fields that would be nice to have in the Great Plains system. Like the last 4 digits of the phone number or the gps coordinates of an office. Should these types of additions be done in a new table or is the recommended way to piggyback on an existing field that is not currently being used? What are the issues that we might face on future upgrades with either adding new fields or using "unused fields"? As...

Customer Report

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...