Changing Project Accounts in Project 2007

I have went into Microsoft Project and selected Tools and then Enterprise
Options then Microsoft Project Server Accounts.  Here I have added my url to
the project server so I have the computer and the server.  I have set it to
manually control connection state.  So when I open Microsoft Project it asks
me which one I want to use.  Now, say I choose the server and have made the
corrections and posted it back out to the server and then want to work on one
that is on my computer is there away to change the account without going out
of Microsoft Project and coming back in and telling it to use the computer
account?

Thanks for the help.

Tammy
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nope.  You have to close it and reopen it to change account settings, etc.

You can save it to the desktop with File > Save As > Save As File, but not
sure if that's what you're looking for.  You can also open desktop files
while connected to the server and save them back to the desktop by just hitting
File > Open > My Computer.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I have went into Microsoft Project and selected Tools and then
> Enterprise Options then Microsoft Project Server Accounts.  Here I
> have added my url to the project server so I have the computer and the
> server.  I have set it to manually control connection state.  So when
> I open Microsoft Project it asks me which one I want to use.  Now, say
> I choose the server and have made the corrections and posted it back
> out to the server and then want to work on one that is on my computer
> is there away to change the account without going out of Microsoft
> Project and coming back in and telling it to use the computer account?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Tammy

0
Andrew

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CA8018.5F647530

Hi Tammy,

Next time. try posting on the microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup =
(forum).  Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project Newsgroups.   FAQs, companion =
products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web =
address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm=20

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I have went into Microsoft Project and selected Tools and then =
Enterprise=20
  Options then Microsoft Project Server Accounts.  Here I have added my =
url to=20
  the project server so I have the computer and the server.  I have set =
it to=20
  manually control connection state.  So when I open Microsoft Project =
it asks=20
  me which one I want to use.  Now, say I choose the server and have =
made the=20
  corrections and posted it back out to the server and then want to work =
on one=20
  that is on my computer is there away to change the account without =
going out=20
  of Microsoft Project and coming back in and telling it to use the =
computer=20
  account?

  Thanks for the help.

  Tammy
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CA8018.5F647530

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16466"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Tammy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Next time. try posting on the=20
microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup (forum).&nbsp; Please see FAQ =
Item:=20
24. Project Newsgroups.&nbsp;&nbsp; FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A>=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Tammy" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com">Tammy@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:B2E223F6-2AEB-4C21-875C-0C2AEFB9D7EC@microsoft.com">news:B2E=
223F6-2AEB-4C21-875C-0C2AEFB9D7EC@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have went into Microsoft Project and selected Tools and then =
Enterprise=20
  <BR>Options then Microsoft Project Server Accounts.&nbsp; Here I have =
added my=20
  url to <BR>the project server so I have the computer and the =
server.&nbsp; I=20
  have set it to <BR>manually control connection state.&nbsp; So when I =
open=20
  Microsoft Project it asks <BR>me which one I want to use.&nbsp; Now, =
say I=20
  choose the server and have made the <BR>corrections and posted it back =
out to=20
  the server and then want to work on one <BR>that is on my computer is =
there=20
  away to change the account without going out <BR>of Microsoft Project =
and=20
  coming back in and telling it to use the computer =
<BR>account?<BR><BR>Thanks=20
  for the help.<BR><BR>Tammy</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CA8018.5F647530--

0
Mike

change Colomn name automatically
Hi i have two different table Table1 and Table2 : Table1 is like: field1 field2 field3 .........fieldn A B C N A1 B1 C1 N1 ............................. Table2 is like this ID_name Name .... address tel 1 pippo 2 pluto ... ... n paperino the goal is to change the colomn name of the first table1 with the fields of table2 (field Name). The results should be like pippo pluto ......... paperino A B ...

M05 duplicate online joint accounts
/SOAPBOX I can corroborate problems described by other users regarding joint accounts. I have a joint account at Fidelity with my wife and we both have individual accounts. The ability to download different individual's accounts from the same bank has improved because it now automatically spawns a copy of the first bank when using the same bank name with a different user ID. Unfortunately, if the two users have at least one joint account in common, the account will be downloaded twice. You have to download each user's accounts separately if you want to get both users' ind...

change spaces to _
Is there a way for access to return what was being input into a text box I am having trouble with trailing spaces (access text box removes it) therefore I am thinking to format it to "_", therefore I am still able to preserve the length -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201005/1 Help wrote: >Is there a way for access to return what was being input into a text box > >I am having trouble with trailing spaces (access text box removes it) >therefore I am thinking to format it to "_"...

Excel 2002
I have a user using Excel 2002 on windows. Just this month whenever she enters a date formatted for any day in 2004 it automatically changes the month to the day. We've checked the cell format and even tried to change it to a different format and it still occurs. (ie 01/04/2004 to 1/4/2004). The vesion of excel is Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1. I searched the Microsoft site for an upgrade but there wasn't another SP version listed for Excel 2002. Any one else come across this problem? Thank you! Rebecca http://www.geekmom.net/downline --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFor...

subform data changes after each line input
In my subform I enter the data through text box entries as well as combo box selections. After I finish a line and go to the next one when I select in a combo box my selection is cascaded up to all the previous selections. The data from the previous lines is entered into the tables correctly it just gets changed in the view of the subform. Sorry I am new to Access programming. Any help Paul, It sounds like the combo box is unbound. In design view (of the form) look at the combo box. Open properties. Click on the DATA tab. The "Control Source" property is the field the data is...

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...

how to know which .rc file in a project is the active one?
Hi, In VC++ 6.0, I can add multiple .rc files into a project. But only one of them will be included in the project's build. My question is how to know which one is currently set as the chosen one. Please advise. Thanks. TY On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:12:42 -0700, TY wrote: > Hi, > > In VC++ 6.0, I can add multiple .rc files into a project. But only one > of them will be included in the project's build. My question is how to > know which one is currently set as the chosen one. Please advise. Thanks. > > TY Look at the General settings for the file in t...

Publish w/o having to manually change links to get them to work
To get my web links (to my pages) to work, I have to manually type the whole url and file name to get them to work on the uploaded page. When I do this, the selected state feature no longer works. Answered in the Publisher web group... DavidF "ummibra" <ummibra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91940BCC-3958-4E4A-B8F6-CC97ED741887@microsoft.com... > To get my web links (to my pages) to work, I have to manually type the > whole > url and file name to get them to work on the uploaded page. When I do > this, > the selected state feature no...

Powerpoint 2007 03-12-10
I have tried to change the theme or template to an existing presentation but Powerpoint will not apply the change? Suggestions? How are you going about changing the theme/template? What is happening -- or not happening, as the case may be? Which version of PPT? Assuming PPT 2007, you might try hitting the Reset button on Home tab | Slides group (next to the New Slide button). Sometimes if there are a lot of customizations to the slide in question, you have to reset its layout. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoic...

Changing users Email Address, problems...
I have a user that has an email address bcastillo@domain.com. He wants his email to be billy@domain.com so I went into the AD Users & Computers and added billy@domain.com to his email addresses. I then set it as the primary, and it looked like it took it. Then twenty seconds later it changed it back to bcastillo. Any idea why this would happen? Thank you, Douglas Your default recipient policy is probably setting it back to the format specified. You can change the recipent policy or uncheck the box that automatically updates email addresses according to the recipient policy. Th...

Recording myself talk and have background music playing PPT 2007
Hello all, I need to record myself over a PPT but would like background music playing at a lower volume than me speaking. How can I do this with PPT 2007? Sincerely, Geo Record the narration using Slide Show | Record Narration. (I wouldn't use Rehearse Timings in conjunction with Record Narration.) Then add the music background to the presentation separately using Insert | Sound | Sound from File. I believe it will need to be an MP3, not a WAV, because your narrations will be WAVs. On the Sound Tools Options tab that appears when you select the sound icon on the sl...

turning a short date (11/21/07) into a long date (21st Nov 2007)
I've got a form for entering information into my database. The first piece of information entered is the date time group (in the format yymmdd e.g 071101 is the 1st nov 2007). This is the primary key and so is a unique number in the records. the next fields are year, month and day. im trying to get it to work so that these 3 fields automatically fill themselves out based on the information in the date time group field (i.e with the example above, 2007 would automatically go in the year field, nov in the month etc). any help would be much appreciated, thanks a lot =?Utf-8?B?YmVubnk=...

Deleting a user account in Exchange 2003
Pretty new to Exchange 2k3, we're using 2k3 AD and I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way... Common sense says that to delete a user account after backing up, all I have to do is delete it in the AD correct? What about the System Manager|Administratrative Groups|Servers|First Storage Group|Mailbox....do you need to delete from there too or would the first act cause a cascade effect? R Green When you delete a user account, it will "mark" the mailbox for deletion (by default). That's all you have to do. Exchange has it's own built-in Deleted Mai...

viewing service schedule from account editor
Hello, I am using service schedules to book things like virtual labs and webinars. I want to be able to open an account and see the past service schedules (ie: webinars) that the customer has participated in. I don't see anything in the account editor that will give me access to this information. Is there any way to properly schedule these types of activities or customize the CRM to view the relevent service schedules for customers? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800...

Tracking changes
I have an excel file that is password protected and will be shared by 5 people. I know that shared workbook and tracking changes doesn't work on a password protected file. Is there any other way of tracking changes made by 5 different people? You can't change the sheet protection in a shared workbook, but AFAIK you can share an Excel file that is password protected. Did you try it, and encounter some problems? tthomas@lcor.com wrote: > I have an excel file that is password protected and will > be shared by 5 people. I know that shared workbook and > tracking chang...

Sending HTML format from Exchange 2007
I am looking for a way to force all messages sent from exchange to go out in an HTML format. We are adding some branding info to outgoing email and it needs to be in HTML format. There are several clients using exchange, so the only logical place to manage things is on the server. Looks like any way to do this may be well hidden. Any suggestions? Thanks, Manuel, I believe that can only be done on the email client. "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41986B58-3FF5-4738-9DF8-84CF94537E0E@microsoft.com... >I am looking...

Creating Access 2007 Database Question
I am not sure where to post this question. I remember finding a forum just for Microsoft Access 2007 questions, but I couldn't find it again... Indifferent Anyway, I have created a database, and have been testing it with my application. I have some data in this database. I was wondering if there was a way in Microsoft Access 2007 to create an empty copy of the database for release. In other words, I would like to create a copy of the database with all of the tables and columns, but without the data (rows) that I had entered as part of using my testing database... Does anyone...

Administrator Account was deleted; what to do?
I have a system where the account used to install Exchange 2003 was deleted. That account was the only account with Full Administrator priviledges. Not having that account limits my maintenance abilities. Is there a way to recreate the account or to graft the priviledges to an existing account? Right now, the only option I think I have is to back up everything, delete Exchange, reinstall and restore. Thats painful and risky, any ideas? ...

Windows Installer loads every time I open Excel 2007
Hi all, I'm facing the following problem: when I open Excel 2007 the windows installer loads every time... is not going to give me any error, but it's something annoying... does anyone has any solution??? thanks Vit p.s. this happens also with other office 2007 applications Try clicking "Help" and then "Detect and Repair..." That worked for me when I had the same problem. ...

How to change location A1 cell from upper right to upper left?
My excel work sheets are showing the A1 cell in the most upper right hand corner in stead of the most upper right hand corner. It is like the worksheet is mirrored. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Hi Doug check the settings under tools / options / international tab Cheers JulieD "Doug@Peacock" <Doug@Peacock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B950C0-9B71-42E3-B000-A3517444D999@microsoft.com... > My excel work sheets are showing the A1 cell in the most upper right hand > corner in stead of the most upper right hand corner. It is like the &g...

View column position or line number in Word 2007?
Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status Bar. Did those features go away in Word 2007? I can find nothing in Help. Help seems to be very lacking in Word 2007. I am using Windows Xp. Thanks, Natelle Bracken San Diego Right click in the status bar to find those options. Pam Natelle wrote: >Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and >I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status >Bar. Did ...

Same investment in different accounts
My wife and I have the same mutual funds in two different Roth IRAs. When I try to update both holdings in Money, the second mutual fund is considered a duplicate - meaning I cannot get live updates for both funds. Is there a way around this without having to manually update one Roth with different names for the account? BTW -- we are using Money Plus "KParker" wrote: > My wife and I have the same mutual funds in two different Roth IRAs. When I > try to update both holdings in Money, the second mutual fund is considered a > duplicate - meaning I cannot get live upda...

Email to an Account
If you email an account will it (or can it) send the Email to all of the contact members? Thanks No supported via "out of box", you will need to use SDK Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Microsoft" wrote: > If you email an account will it (or can it) send the Email to all of the > contact members? > > Thanks > > > ...

Excel 2007: is it possible to get in the title bar the complete file name & path?
Hi everybody, not a major issue but... Is it possible to display the complete file name & path in the title bar of Excel 2007, by means of some kind of AutoOpen macro, for example? If so, what code should I write in the macro? Many thanks in advance for your kind help. with Brgds, Daniel Office 2007 newbie Hi. Use : Application.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName Regards. Daniel > Hi everybody, > > not a major issue but... > > Is it possible to display the complete file name & path in the title bar of > Excel 2007, by means of some kind of AutoOpen macro, for e...

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...