can scheduled start date and actual start date be different

i have made my plan with scheduled start date
now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from
scheduled start date
then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date
can actual start date and scheduled start date be different?
if yes, how?

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jan 13, 2:28=A0pm, parag <pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> i have made my plan with scheduled start date
> now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from
> scheduled start date
> then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date
> can actual start date and scheduled start date be different?
> if yes, how?

Dear Parag,
What you have missed is that you have not assigned a target date for
the schedule you have made. First assign target before you start
updating.
0
Shaan
1/13/2010 12:01:07 PM
Hello parag,

Before applying the actual start date to your tasks, you need to save a
baseline through Tools > Tracking, Save (or Set) baseline.  Saving a
baseline will copy the current values from Start, Finish, Duration,
Work, and Cost into Baseline Start, Baseline Finish, Baseline Duration,
Baseline Work, and Baseline Cost.  Those values do not change.  You may
then use the Start variance and other variance fields to compare
Baseline against actual.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 1/13/2010 6:28 AM, parag wrote:
> i have made my plan with scheduled start date
> now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from
> scheduled start date
> then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date
> can actual start date and scheduled start date be different?
> if yes, how?

0
JulieS
1/13/2010 2:20:30 PM
A task can only have one start date.
If the task has not started then it is the planned earliest start date.
If the task has actually started then the start date is the actual start
date, as you have observed.

You don't need the "target", whatever that is.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"parag" <parag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have made my plan with scheduled start date
> now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from
> scheduled start date
> then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date
> can actual start date and scheduled start date be different?
> if yes, how?

0
Trevor

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Fixed task time with flexible schedule
I am trying to create a yearly task schedule for building maintenance. My task durations are fixed at 4 to 8 hours but each task needs to be scheduled for sometime during the week of... "8 hours window cleaning anytime during the third week of July" for example. How do I represent this in MS Project 2007? Here is a reasonable work around. Project cannot schedule work "Any random 8 hour period during the week of January 25, 2010 to Januar 29, 2010." Here is what it can do: First key the task name and duration. On the main Gantt, select Window/Split... T...

Can (or how can) I do this

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Can not archive

Scheduling a macro in outlook 2000
I am trying to schedule a macro to run everyday at a given time, which creates a new email, attaches an excel file and sends it via the internet to another PC, so that there is no input required from a user, i.e. it happens automatically. I can create the email, attach the file and send it, but I cannot schedule it within Outlook. Also when I run the code from Excel, where I can schedule it, only a shortcut is attached to the email. I am using Outlook 2000 (no service release). Has anyone done this before? Can you help? Regards Brian See if the information on the following page ...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...