WSS indicates its not finished configuring

Ok.  I installed everything for project server 2007 on a farm of 2 servers.
WSS keeps saying in big red colors that it is  not funished.  The odd thing
is that the whole system works, at least to the point that WSS functions and
PS 2007 website works just fine.

How do get WSS to stop telling me that its not complete?

Once again William, you need to provide specific information. We're not
clairvoyant!

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"william" <william@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok.  I installed everything for project server 2007 on a farm of 2
> servers.
> WSS keeps saying in big red colors that it is  not funished.  The odd
> thing
> is that the whole system works, at least to the point that WSS functions
> and
> PS 2007 website works just fine.
>
> How do get WSS to stop telling me that its not complete?

0
Gary

Auto configure outlook for exchange users
We use roaming profiles, along with outlook 2002 and exchange 2000. Is there a way to auto configure outlook for the users, instead of having to do them all individually? Many many thanks, I really need help with this. There is a way to do it using GPO's and scripts. But I use Scriptlogic logon scripts to configure the users profiles and settings for everything including Outlook. www.scriptlogic.com :-) >-----Original Message----- >We use roaming profiles, along with outlook 2002 and >exchange 2000. Is there a way to auto configure outlook >for the users, instead...

Outlook 2007 cannot be configured on exchange 2003
Hi all, Am having a problem while configuring a laptop with vista business + SP1 and outlook 2007 + SP1. The same user did not have any problem when he had win xp + outlook 2003. When the user tries to connect to other exchange servers in the same domain, then the status is disconnected. Is there any bug in vista and outlook 2007 that prevent it from connecting to exchange 2003? Please help... There is no bug in Vista/Outlook 2007 preventing connection to Exchange servers. You need to contact your Exhange admin for assistance. -- TedMi "Prash" wrote: > Hi all, > >...

How do I restore a WSS 3.0 site on SBS 2008
I'm preparing to migrate our old SBS 2003 domain to 2008 and because someone back in NT days named our internal domain without a .local extension an automated migration is not supported. This is probably just as well as our AD could use a lot of cleaning up. In order to make sure things go smoothly I'm testing various aspects of the process on a test server. What I would like to do is to restore a backup of our sharepoint website onto the SBS 2008 website. Right now the website is running on sharepoint services 2.0 on second server and for various reasons I'd lik...

WSS 3.0
Hello there, After running Windows updates on our SBS 2008 machine we can no longer access company web. In the Application log these messages are being generated; The database ShareWebDb on SERVER\Microsoft##SSEE is not accessible to missing Windows Internal Database signatures. We don't use company web but i would like to get it up and working just in case we decide to use it. I have tried starting the Windows SharePoint Administration Service but that wont start When browsing to company web we get Error 404. All DNS entries for company web are present and so are t...

How do you turn off "Windows configures M.O. Publisher" pop up w.
After installing Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 - I keep this message window that says "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Publisher 2007. Even when I do not have it opened. Is there a setting somewhere in the program where I can stop this from happening Do you have a mix of Office products? Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tamfore" <Tamfore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Configuring Conference Calenders
Hi, I am trying to add conference rooms calender in my outlook. I've tried to add new conference rooms to the list, though the conference room is added but it doesnt show up on the html page of conference room scheduler. I dunno whether there are any additional settings to be done. Can anybody help? Thanks Abhishek. I think you might need to check with the maker of "the html page of conference room scheduler" since Outlook doesn't have any built-in feature that sounds like that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart f...

How do I mail merge a multi page document and finish it on my pri.
My printer has folding and stapling, When I mail merge in Publisher it thinks its is just one document and fold and staples all pages together. I would like to have each mail merge print, fold and staple separately. this is a 8 page newsletter and I am mail merging the name and address on the last page for mailing. When I do this all the pages get stapled together not as a separate mailing. Any ideas? zman <zman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > My printer has folding and stapling, When I mail merge in Publisher > it thinks its is just one do...

how to do backup the farm from WSS 3.0 (Operations)
I have installed Project Server 2007 with in two server (front end and back end) . and installed Service Pack 2 , Infrastructure Updates and cumulative updates from (February 2009 to December 2009) of WSS 3.0 and Project Server 2007. but still when I try Operations --> Backup and Restore --> Perform a Backup and apply full backup. Kindly tell me the solution. It is showing Failure messages : (1st message ) Object SharePoint_Config failed in event OnBackup. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. SqlException: Cannot open bac...

WSS resources...
Is there a way to 'sync' up WSS resource lists with project server? I recently refreshed the test Projectserver database with the current DB from our production server, but do not want to change/re-install Sharepoint Services...looks like WSS still is listing resources from the 'OLD' Database. Anyway to correct/update WSS so it sees the "refreshed" resource pool? (I know someone out there will know this) Thanks.... -- Mark Byington, PMP Sorry...meant to post this to MS Project Server...please ignore it. -- Mark Byington, PMP "Mark Byington" wrote...

Indicator for tasks extending beyond project completion date
1. Our project has a targetted completion of June 30, 2010. 2. For visual purposes, I created a milestone 'Project complete - target June 30, 2010' which has a deadline of June 30 and a 'Must Finish On' June 30 constraint (knowing that this is an inflexible constraint) so that I can visualize the milestone and deadline on the same June 30 date. 3. How do I have indicators appear against tasks that end beyond the targeted project end date? Thanks Hi, Link the task to the projected end and they will show negative slack (whihc, through a simple formula in a ...

Migration from WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0
I am trying to move WSS 2.0 site to WSS 3.0. I have a InfoPath 2003 application running on WSS 2.0 sub-site and hence there are lot of forms saved in this WSS 2.0 form library. Can you please suggest a way/steps to move these forms/XMLs to WSS 3.0 form library. Di I have to relink them and I obviously have to publish the form template to WSS 3.0 form library. Please help me suggesting some steps to do this. Also this WSS 2.0 site is not a top-level site. Thanks in advance. ...

[WSS 3] Could not load file or assembly error message
Hi All, Today I got the following error message when I tried to enter a DL/List or to view entire site content, or site settings etc: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Restarting the server solved it but I want to investigate further. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance ...

How to Configure Outlook CW Mailbox and server by GPO
Hello All, I am having a little problem. I am running a Windows 2003 Server with Terminal Services in Application Mode. On this server, we installed Office 2003. We configured for all TS users the SAME mandatory profile. Since we do NOT want users to change any settings. But, all users log-in with there own credentials. And they have their own mailbox on our Exchange Server. I found out that i can change a lot of things in Group Policy Object-editor for Office and Outlook. But i can't find how to change the Exchange Server and/or mailbox name for my users in GPO. Is it possible to cha...

Function to indicate the amount of characters in a cell?
Trying to do a conversion of data into a flat file. Using excel we have a column called Project Description. I want to run a function to ensure that the project descrption in each cell does not exceed 70 characters. Is there a function that I can use for this? For example A project for all to review This title has 28 characters (counting from A to w), other than manual not sure if this can be done Thanks Try this: This function returns the number of characters in Cell A1 =LEN(A1) This function returns up to 70 characters from cell A1 =LEFT(A1,70) Does that help? *********** Re...

configure proxy in front firewall ???????
If I want to put a firewall in front of the proxy server=20 2.0..=BFi have got to remove them filtered ...? , =BFI have to configure something in the proxy server 2.0? =20 I need help, please thanks, thanks to all http://proxyfaq.networkgods.com/ charles celsman wrote: > If I want to put a firewall in front of the proxy server > 2.0..�i have got to remove them filtered ...? , > > �I have to configure something in the proxy server 2.0? > > I need help, please > > thanks, thanks to all ...

Watch account configuration ?
In MSN Money you are able to view your watch account but not include the total in the portfolio calculation. In Money 2004 I am able to ethier view it or not but if I choose to view it, it adds it to my portfolio total calculation. Is there any way in Money 2004 to View the Watch account in your portfolio but NOT include it in you Portfolio Total Balance calculation? But as you have zero shares in the contents of the watch account why does it matter (I know it should not include in the first place but......) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see htt...

Outlook 2000 POP3 Configuration
I have a customer that has an Exchange 5.5 POP3 server. The users are running Outlook 2000 SP3. User "A" has his Outlook configured to leave a copy of message on server. His secretary, user "B", has her own mailbox and is configured to access user A's mailbox as well. The problem I'm having is when user A checks his messages and reads/responds to them, they are marked as read, but when user B accesses user A's mailbox to check messages, they are all marked as unread. Is there a configuration in Outlook that will allow user B to know what messages user A has alr...

Help Searching WSS
Can someone point me to a link (or just tell me) how to use the search facilty against columns in a WSS document library. (We have the free version of sharepoint) The important question is; can you search a specific column? It works for Title in the form of "Title:Esimtate" but for other colums the syntax doesn't work. (e.g. "Status:Draft"). For my Status column how can I search it WITHOUT filtering? ------=_NextPart_0001_8A45AF72 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you're using WSS free version no you can't. In MOSS it ...

Multipleupload in WSS do not exist
Hallo, Office 2007 Plus is installed on a Citrix Server. The Office Web Components are installed but the Multipleupload do not exist in WSS. Anyone know this Problem? Thanks for help. David sometimes it happens if you have an anti-virus during the installation of office 2007. you can install Office 2007 without the anti-virus.. try it. Thanks "David" wrote: > Hallo, > > Office 2007 Plus is installed on a Citrix Server. The Office Web Components > are installed but the Multipleupload do not exist in WSS. > Anyone know this Problem? > ...

Printing from Multiple WSs
I've just moved up to XL2002 In previous versions it was possible to print, in one go, various sections of various worksheets via the *REPORT* method but I do not see an equivalent to this in Vn 2002. I'm sure that there must be something similar so what am I missing? TIA Richard Hi you have to install the report manager addin (you should find it on the MS site) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Richard" <walcott_r@intnet.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cnlauc$ig8$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > I've just moved up to XL2002 > In previous versions i...

WSS 3.0 setup in SBS 2003 domain (WSS 2.0)
I currently have SBS 2003 Premium running Exchange and the WSS 2.0 database on SQL 2005 Workgroup. We are getting near the limit on users of SBS 2003 so have installed a new dedicated SQL 2008 server for our MS Dynamics NAV installation. We need to access files on the internal network from remote locations which are linked by VPN so I am looking at using WSS 3.0 but rather than use the SQL 2005 Workgroup, I'd rather keep the SQL databases on the dedicated SQL 2008 box. Can I uninstall WSS 2.0 on SBS 2003 (including the SQL database) and install WSS 3.0 front end on SBS...

Custom Form to Redirect Mail to Sharepoint (WSS 3)
Hey folks, I've read articles on setting up incoming email, but unfortunately, those alone doesn't quite address the issue I have at hand. My sales team wants to be able to re-route emails to a WSS 3.0 list of corporate contacts. The goal is to be able to automatically see email correspondence with a contact at the click (or 2 clicks) of a button. Presently, they acheive this with Salesforce.com, but we're planning on kicking that service to the curb and using WSS exclusively for our sales and delivery pipeline. We're presently running a one-server Windows 2003 environment ...

How to change the AutoNumbers inID field in my finished database?
This may be a simple question but... I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a different way I have set it up. Is this possible? On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Define "different". -Tom. >This may be a simple question but... >I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a >different way I have set it up. Is this possible? Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a ...

Mobile configuration in Settings
Hello. I redeployed Microsoft CRM to a new server and whenever I go into Settings, I still have the Mobile Configuration Entity on the left-hand side under "Settings" and "Customization". Any thoughts on the best way to remove this permanently from the system - is this a sitemap.xml modifciation? Thank you all. Correct, you will need to update the sitemap. Locate the "<SubArea Id="nav_mobileclient" Title="Mobile Configuration" Icon="/MobileClient/MobileClient.gif" Url="/MobileClient/HomePage.aspx" Client="Web&qu...

Pause Indicator
In slide show view, with slides on a timer and manual mode slected... I would like to place an indicator on the screen when the "S" or "+" key has been pressed (i.e. the hold keys) so you can tell the show HAS been paused. Is this possible ? Thanks ...