Upgrade Path - 2003 Standard to 2007 Pro or CAL?

I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007 Professional
with a retail price around $600.  Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard
licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost?  The
majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch to
Server.
--
PMP
MCTS MS Project 2007

Terrie:

I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any
event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have
any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpensive. I believe
at this point (you may have until the end of May) you will be purchasing
2010 licenses, even if you deploy 2007. A good thing really. If you can
still purchase 2007 licensing, do it immediately and make sure you purchase
Software Assurance. We may counting down to the final days of this
incredible bargain. This assures you that you have the right to upgrade to
2010 at no additional charge.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Terrie Thoma" <TerrieThoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007
> Professional
> with a retail price around $600.  Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard
> licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost?  The
> majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch
> Server.
> --
> PMP
> MCTS MS Project 2007

0
Gary
5/13/2010 3:40:37 PM
Good points.  I forgot how cheap the CAL's are, and it looks like the volume
price of a pro license is close to that of the 03 to 07 "upgrade"!  Seems
silly that we'll have a bunch of 2003 Std. software sitting around defunct
though.

We will be purchasing 2010 licenses (and deploying '07 to start).
--
PMP
MCTS MS Project 2007

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Terrie:
>
> I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any
> event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have
> any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpensive. I believe
> at this point (you may have until the end of May) you will be purchasing
> 2010 licenses, even if you deploy 2007. A good thing really. If you can
> still purchase 2007 licensing, do it immediately and make sure you purchase
> Software Assurance. We may counting down to the final days of this
> incredible bargain. This assures you that you have the right to upgrade to
> 2010 at no additional charge.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Terrie Thoma" <TerrieThoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007
> > Professional
> > with a retail price around $600.  Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard
> > licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost?  The
> > majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch
> > Server.
> > --
> > PMP
> > MCTS MS Project 2007

Don't know if the offer is still valid, but there was something about people
deploying Project Server 2007 with WSS getting a free upgrade to SharePoint
2010 Enterprise as Project Server will no longer work with the free
Foundations version.

Probably not relevant, but you may wish to look into it.

"Terrie Thoma" wrote:

> Good points.  I forgot how cheap the CAL's are, and it looks like the volume
> price of a pro license is close to that of the 03 to 07 "upgrade"!  Seems
> silly that we'll have a bunch of 2003 Std. software sitting around defunct
> though.
>
> We will be purchasing 2010 licenses (and deploying '07 to start).
> --
> PMP
> MCTS MS Project 2007
>

> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
>
> > Terrie:
> >
> > I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any
> > event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have
> > any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpensive. I believe
> > at this point (you may have until the end of May) you will be purchasing
> > 2010 licenses, even if you deploy 2007. A good thing really. If you can
> > still purchase 2007 licensing, do it immediately and make sure you purchase
> > Software Assurance. We may counting down to the final days of this
> > incredible bargain. This assures you that you have the right to upgrade to
> > 2010 at no additional charge.
> >
> > --
> > Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> > Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> > FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> > BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
> >
> > "Terrie Thoma" <TerrieThoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007
> > > Professional
> > > with a retail price around $600.  Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard
> > > licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost?  The
> > > majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch
> > > Server.
> > > --
> > > PMP
> > > MCTS MS Project 2007

That offer is the one I'm referring to. Buy 2007 with SA and get your
upgrade to 2010 free. Of course the SharePoint Server license will be for
limited use, but it's no charge if you buy it that way. I'm pretty sure that
this offer expires any day now, certainly by the end of the month.

--

"Andrew Lavinsky" <AndrewLavinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E1E6990B-8BAB-4548-99BA-D046B72384EB@microsoft.com...
> Don't know if the offer is still valid, but there was something about
> people
> deploying Project Server 2007 with WSS getting a free upgrade to
> SharePoint
> 2010 Enterprise as Project Server will no longer work with the free
> Foundations version.
>
> Probably not relevant, but you may wish to look into it.
>
> "Terrie Thoma" wrote:
>
>> Good points.  I forgot how cheap the CAL's are, and it looks like the
>> volume
>> price of a pro license is close to that of the 03 to 07 "upgrade"!  Seems
>> silly that we'll have a bunch of 2003 Std. software sitting around
>> defunct
>> though.
>>
>> We will be purchasing 2010 licenses (and deploying '07 to start).
>> --
>> PMP
>> MCTS MS Project 2007
>>

>> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
>>
>> > Terrie:
>> >
>> > I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In
>> > any
>> > event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you
>> > have
>> > any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpensive. I
>> > believe
>> > at this point (you may have until the end of May) you will be
>> > purchasing
>> > 2010 licenses, even if you deploy 2007. A good thing really. If you can
>> > still purchase 2007 licensing, do it immediately and make sure you
>> > purchase
>> > Software Assurance. We may counting down to the final days of this
>> > incredible bargain. This assures you that you have the right to upgrade
>> > 2010 at no additional charge.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> > Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> > FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> > BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>> >
>> > "Terrie Thoma" <TerrieThoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Gary

RSG in EXchagne 2007
IS the recovery storage group that was in EX 2003 in Ex 2007? If so how do i enable it? I cant see were to do this. Thanks "Recovering Mailboxes and Individual Items Exchange 2007 provides additional flexibility with regard to how you can recover mailboxes. This flexibility is made possible using features such as the recovery storage group. You can also help protect mailbox data on the client side with the Cached Exchange Mode feature of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007". It's a function of the Disaster Recovery Tools, located under the Toolbox. Run the Database Recovery...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

How do I put a full path name in the header or trailer
I can put a file name in the trailer but I can't seem to get command to automatically put the path. Michael There is a button for path & file (codes as &[Path]&[File]) if you select custom header in XL2002, but I don't think this was available in previous versions, in which case you need a macro: Sub PathInFooter() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName & " " & _ Application.UserName & " " & Date End Sub HTH, Phil "Michael L." <Labellmi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:109b01c35...

Word 2007 type Features
Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007. I would like to: - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the sides - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another color - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text Much appreciation for guidance Hi Maurice, In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at leas...

sharing calendar in Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on the back end. I'm trying to share my calendar with a user on the network, Outlook tries to send him an invite, I check the box that says "allow recipient to view your calendar", but Outlook comes up with the error "Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" and it lists the user I want to give access to. I went to the properties of my calendar and set the permissions manually so that user is listed as a "reviewer" of my calendar, bu...

some questions about contact activity in Outlook 2007
Hello, I have several questions about one contact->View->Activities 1)Very often (not always) this list is empty. When I change the selection with "View:" and go back to "View: All elements" I can see the elements. 2)It's there a better way than the search when a contact have more than one email account? When I open the properties from the contact folder and open the Activity tabulator, I can only select folders from the same PST file. 3)When I try to insert a notice or another element with Insert->insert elements this element appears in the "Notice"...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Outlook 2007 Error Messages
Hi, When I open my outlook I get the "messaging interface unknown error" message. I also cannot see my inbox, my calendar and my sent file and I cannot send emails. I can see my Personal files, deleted items and drafts. In my inbox I get a message that says "cannot display information. There is either a problem connecting to the servew or an error occured. Try starting Outlook again. When I click on my calendar I get a whole different message that says "cannot display folder. The file documents and settings/lblake/local settings/application data/mi...

money 2002 standard
cashflow review has stopped working - I click on the button or icon and nothing happens - it was fine yesterday The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one-by-one until cash flow happiness returns; the last one deleted is your suspect, though there may be...

Where is the A3 page size in Word 2007?
A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to insert an A3 document in my report. The selection of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver. Is your printer capable of printing A3? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD71E715-A115-484B-B2FA-A544F7CC950D@microsoft.com... > A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want > to > insert an A3 document in ...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Emailing Publisher 2007 flyer
We are having difficulty maintaining formatting with a Publisher 2007 flyer when emailing. Both computers have Publisher 2007 but for some reason the information at the bottom of the page is running off the page when the attachment is opened by the email recipient. Any thoughts? Can you email it to me? It may have something to do with printer settings. Or even page setup. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Packett" <RCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

PowerPoint 2007 can't open PPT file from app installation folder
I have an application that launches PowerPoint 2007 and opens a PPT file in slideshow mode. If the file is in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\MyApp Folder\Presentations\), I get this error: The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn ...

Standard Costs
I created a MO in a test account in Great Plains. It's status now is 'Complete'. How can I verify the posting of the standard costs into a certain account? Is there a certain inquiry I can use? First, confirm all batches are posted or examine the transactions in the batches to see if your transaction is found there. Then, use the financial inquiry to examine the inventory asset account(s) for the item to ensure the proper amount(s) are posted. Keep in mind, depending on how you setup your cash flow through manufacturing that up to nine different accounts can be hit wit...

Outlook 2007 #20
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I get the following message box: "Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close anyone dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing? ...

would like to buy microsoft excel 2007 WORK BOOK
would like to buy microsoft excel 2007 WORK BOOK Check BestBuy or CompUSA or any other software distributor in your area. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "MABAR" wrote: > would like to buy microsoft excel 2007 WORK BOOK ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Error using the Outlook (2007) client
Hi, if i try to open the crm integration in outlook i get the following errror message. unfortunately it is a german client, so the error message is in german. the message says: "Diese Ordnergruppe kann nicht geöffnet werden. Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Der Informationsdienst "CRMPRV.DLL" kann nicht geladen werden. Überprügen Sie bitte, ob der Dienst installiert und konfiguriert ist." i didn't found anything about this problem. Can someone give me a little hint. ...

how to link multilevel numbering to different style Word 2007
In Office 2007 I regularly switch languages (UK-Dutch) by using Multi Language Settings. When I (in "Dutch" mode) want to apply headings, in the Ribbon they are shown as "Kop 1", "Kop 2" etc. in stead of "Heading 1", "Heading 2" as they are shown in the UK setting. When I additionally want to apply outline numbering, this doesn't work properly. Only the (actual) paragraph assigned "Kop 1"-style to, loses its style and turns into standard formatting and is assigned 'ordinary numbers' to. None of the other &qu...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Programatic VBA way of telling if the user has Word 2007 PDF add-in installed
Hi, I'm trying to work out in VBA how to check to see if word has had the Microsoft PDF add-in installed so that users can save documents as PDF. I'd rather not just try and save a PDF and see if it errors, there must be a better way. I've tried iterating through the ComAddin's but it's not in that collection. Any pointers would be great. You can test for the presence of the EXP_PDF.DLL e.g. Sub CheckPDF() Dim isOK as string isOK = SpecFolder(CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON) & "\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\EXP_PDF.DLL" If Dir(isOK) <&...