Trial Project Server 2007 Functionality

Hi,

I want to install a trial version of Project Server 2007. I can't find
anywhere saying what functionality appears with the trial version. Do I get
full functionality after installation or is it limited in any way. If it is
limited, I would like to know what I get in order to make a full and proper
evaluation.

Thanks for your help.

Fahim

Microsoft trial software is full-featured. In order to evaluate all of the
capability of Project Server, you'll need to use companion technologies like
SQL Server 2005 or 2008, Windows Server, and Project Professional

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Fahim" <Fahim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to install a trial version of Project Server 2007. I can't find
> anywhere saying what functionality appears with the trial version. Do I
> get
> full functionality after installation or is it limited in any way. If it
> is
> limited, I would like to know what I get in order to make a full and
> proper
> evaluation.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Fahim

0
Gary
1/13/2010 1:44:53 PM
Hi Fahim,

functionality is not limited. The only limitation is 180 days.

Have a good time with testing!

"Fahim" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install a trial version of Project Server 2007. I can't find
> anywhere saying what functionality appears with the trial version. Do I get
> full functionality after installation or is it limited in any way. If it is
> limited, I would like to know what I get in order to make a full and proper
> evaluation.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Fahim
The only limitation will be the 180 day Trial Period, after that time, you
must activate the product to continue using it.

"Fahim" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install a trial version of Project Server 2007. I can't find
> anywhere saying what functionality appears with the trial version. Do I get
> full functionality after installation or is it limited in any way. If it is
> limited, I would like to know what I get in order to make a full and proper
> evaluation.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Fahim

Ex2003: Dynamic IP Mail Server
Let me explain my setup. I have an dynamic IP with Windows Server 2003 + Exchange Server 2003. I'm using DynDNS.org that can direct my Domain.com to my Dynamic IP. I've installed the mail, created my mail boxes.. but do i need to put a MX record to another host? and use Connectors to get it? or can i simply receive my mail to my box directly? Help! You can configure the MX record with DynDNS and then receive the mail directly to your server. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Confuzed One" <confuzed1@hotmail.co...

SQL server timeout expired
We are facing a problem when i try to open marketing list member message appeared (SQL server timeout expired )please please i need help thanx Abboushi, Have you tried to increase the executionTimeout parameter of the httpRuntime tag inside the web.config? Regards, Leo Lopes @ L3 ...

Installing Money Plus Deluxe Trial
Haven't installed Money Plus yet but have tried essentials and have used Money in the past and am trying to avoid a problem that occurs the first time Money downloads transactions from my bank. The first time it downloads I have a very large difference in what I have and what Money shows. Thus difference is in the thousands. Is there something I'm not doing properly when Money downloads transaction for the first time? Is there any rules of thumb I need to be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >Haven't installed Money Plus ...

Projects and Stage Chart
Hi, How would I create a chart that has the projects(names) and the different stages the projects are at, like delivery date, assemble products, agreement, etc. I tried creating a Gantt chart but I don't have the dates for the projects. The data that I have are just 2 columns: Projects and Stage. I have 11 projects and 14 stages. E.G.: for project 1 - the stage that corresponds to it might be "report". I just need to know what stage the projects are at and update with another stage in the future.What type of chart would I use? How would I do that? Thank you, Marie Hi, ...

2003 and 2007
Are the formats of the two pst files the same? If unicode, yes. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, The Old Bloke asked: | Are the formats of the two pst files the same? Thanks "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message news:OuxCafAGHHA.1064@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... If unicode, yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to t...

Creating a company in Project accounting
We are trying to set up a company in Project Accounting under GP 9.0. When we access the project maintenance window (cards-project-project) an error messages appears saying "company CIS 454-Project Accounting doesn't have access to currency Z-US$" . Any idea what we need to do? Dr. Jerry Flatto, Associate Professor, Information Systems Department - School of Business, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA mailto:jflatto@uindy.edu In order to use the Project Accounting you need to set up a functional currency and give the company access to the currenc...

Front End server with active sync stop after 20 min
We have 1 Front end server running oma active sync for over a year now with no problems, and two back end servers. Starting yesterday we noticed the front end server periodically delivering mail to the mobile 5 devices. Looking at the server the process w3wp.exe pin's the cpu and the memory ramps up to about 200 megs. I go and restart IIS and it is good for about 15-20 min and it happens again. Any idea why this is happening. Tim On Jan 31, 4:51 pm, "Tim" <huf...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have 1 Front end server running oma active sync for over a year now > with ...

publisher trial problem
I can't install the Publisher 2007 because I keep getting an error message that I do not have access to some fonts. Then I get a message to abort, retry, or ignore. The only thing that works is abort, and I lose the program. Can anyone help? What is the exact error message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "flowerscarlet" <flowerscarlet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8AA398-6C41-435F-B04D-E741BC722EA4@microsoft.com... >I can't install the Publisher 2007 because...

calling function as part of criteria
hey everyone this is driving me nuts i can't figure out the correct syntax basically I have a main form, where there are 2 subforms, the main one is subfrm the secondary is subfrmflt. i have a few different forms that i call up in the subform area, with queries for their recordsource. there is a box on each of these forms that the query refers to (Text60). here's the catch: since the subforms could posibly be opened in either subfrm or subfrmflt, I need the query to be able to figure out which one is open and fill that into the path: Forms!frmMain!subfrm!Text60 I have a funct...

Visio Standard 2007
I'm running Visio Standard 2007 - I'm doing a complex timeline. I need to change the default font size from 12 pt. to 8 pt. Unfortunatley, MS help and knowledge base keep pointing me to Themes. Themes let me change the type face but not the font size. Help. I don't want to have to change every thing I add one at a time. Easy way is to have the Formating toolbar active: View>Toolbars>Formatting. Then, just click and select the timeline of interest. You can either enter a new font size where it indicates 12pt, or click on either the font increase or font decrease bu...

MFC Project Icons
I created an .EXE project in VS .NET 2003. Today I went to edit the icons. By default, it appears there were 9 MFC icons. I deleted them until I only had four left (32x32 and 16x16 at both 16 and 256 colors). Then I edited the remaining four to have my own image. When I run my app, the icon in the top, left corner of my main window is a white box. And the icon on the task bar, is the old 16x16 MFC icon. Somehow, the old icons are still around (even though they no longer show up under Current Icon Image Types), and some are being ignored. Note: The icon that appears in my About box is fine. ...

Best prctices for monitoring exchange server
I would like to monitor my exchange 2003 server a little better than we currently do now. Our current policy is if its running it must be OK. What tools can I use to monitor basic things like Email messages per hour or amout of data being emailed in and out of the server. TIA Josh Hi Josh, If you are on a tight budget there is perfmon in Windows 200x, it contains many of the counters you require but not all of them and it does not collate the data into nice report or alearts. If you do have the budget I highly recomend MOM2005 it will do the stats you are after, as well as serve...

Accessing a file from a Web Server
Cannot access a file from a web server in various releases of Excel. KB151064 for Excel97 states that SR 2 is required. But, I cannot find any information for later releases of Excel. We have users with various versions of Windows and Excel and IE. Can anyone tell me what is required to be able to access a file from a web server? Thanks, Mary Kay ...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Trial Balance
Thanks in advance for any info. The Quick Trial Balance report is showing detail information instead of summary. Ex: Listing each payment under each account instead of showing summary $ amount. Is there a setting that can change this? The user says it just started happening this month and doesn't know what changed. Thanks Again, Morgan There is no one Quick Trial Balance report. There is a Quick Detail and a Quick Summary. In Receivables and Payables, you do not have the option to get a summarized Quick Aged Trial Balance. "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote...

Outlook 2007 Calendar appointments disappearing without being deleted
Hi, I have a user who is using outlook 2007 client and his mailbox is on exchange 2007 server. User has 3 monitors and opens calendar in separate window on one of these monitors, the calendar view is a weekly one and multiple times through out the day some appointments on his calendar disappear except for the recurring ones. User has blackberry and still see=92s appointments there and if he closes the calendar window then reopens it, the appointments are back. Has anyone experienced this issue before? And any help/suggestions is much appreciated I'd start with the /cleanviewsswi...

New Mail server name not sticking
Hello, I have Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003. I originally set up all the mail clients to point to server.domain.local as the exchange server in Outlook. Now, I want to migrate to mail.domain.local as the server name in preparation for moving exchange to a new server. mail.domain.local points to the same server as server.domain.local in DNS right now, but will eventually point to the new server once it comes online. The problem is, when I edit the properties of the Exchange Account in Outlook to point to mail.domain.local, it keeps reverting back to server.domain.local when I go back t...

event firing in Access 2007 (retreat/load events)
I have an 2003 database running under Access 2007. When creating a report, I noticed some anomalies: 1. Retreat event is not fired at all (after a group header is formatted but not printed) 2. Appearently, report Load event fires when I do a print preview, but does not fire when I export to pdf Am I missing something, or is this a bug? Thanks, ...

printer server on domain controller on 2008 x
The server service was unable to map error code 1723.For some reason, the print servers on our one domain controller VSDCA keep going offline.. so i log into the server, i see under Print Management.. Print Servers.. that "VSDCA (local)" has a red arrow pointing down, implying it must be offline.. If i right click i dont have an option of bringing it back online, if i do a properties i get: Print Server Properties Server properties cannot be viewed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006bb). I took a look in the event log.. i dont see much pertaining t...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

Unable to create project using SSMS 2008
I have SSMS 2005 and SSMS2008 installed on the same XP workstation - 2005 was installed first, then 2008. In SSMS 2005 I go the the menu, select File --> New --> Project --> SQL Server Scripts --> OK and then a new project is created and displayed in the solution explorer. Shows Connections, Queries and Miscellaneous. In SSMS 2008 I go the the menu, select File --> New --> Project --> SQL Server Scripts --> OK and at the very botton of the screen I get the error "Creating project 'SQL Server Scripts1.ssmsqlproj'...project creation failed. ...

Trial CD
Hi, I've successfully installed CRM server and setup the sample users in my AD within the users group. Also, I've unchecked the Restricted access setting for the user in CRM setting up the sample data. I started the install and it autoselected the users from the ad and filled them into their appropriate slots but when I installed the sample data it didn't install all the data. It failed to setup the users and business groups. Here's a sample of the sample install log: ****************************************************************************************** Sample D...

Outlook 2003 connect to Domino server
Dear all; Recently I have upgraded to outlook 2003 and downloaded the outlook 2003 connect. Since then I can not see all my folders in the outlook windows and need to goback to the lotus Notes. Does everybody have the same problem and does anyone know any solution. Many thanks. Regards ...

Copy an IF function when Inserting new row
I have a column with a list of IF functions in each one. I need to insert a row, but when I do the IF function is not copied. Can I insert the row and have the IF function automatically entered in the new row created? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Philobr" <Philobr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D0757A3C-4A9F-4246-85BB-3CF67B0216B5@microsoft.com... > I have a column with a list of IF functions in each one. > I need to insert a row, but when I do the IF function is not copied. > Can I insert the row and hav...

Acc2007-Project Locked
Recently converted a mdb (2003) file to Acc2007; when I go to view code in VB editor, I get Project Locked msg box , Project Unviewable. I have digitally signed file, etc, but I'm still getting this message. I have also tried the Packaged and Signed option on the Access button, but I'm still locked out of code. I have converted other mdb's to access 2007 without this problem. Any ideas. -Joe I'd reccomend knowing the password lol "Joseph Macari" <jmacari1@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23rNIVEEkHHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Recently con...