Timesheet cube negative values Project Server 2007

Hi everyone,

We are using Project Server 2007 SP2. When I generate a report from the
Timesheet cube (in Excel or Data Analysis) to get the working billable and
non-billable hours per period, per task, per resource I get negative values
in the report. So far we found out the reason for the negative values is the
correction by the timesheet manager. However the corrected hours in the
timesheet are different than the hours generated in the report.

Has anyone had any issues with this? As we are struggling with this for a
couple of days now I will very much appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Maria

Hi Maria,
I haven’t seen that issue so far, but our customers are nearly not using
adjustments following a different process. We ourselves are using very
limited that, but I have never had that issue.

First let me explain shortly what happens in Project Server:
Creating or modifying a timesheet will start queue job types ‘Reporting
(Timesheet …)’. They are populating your changes to Reporting DB and you can
find this data in views Timesheet*_OlapView. Went these jobs through without
errors?
Any modification will create additional records with adjustment IDs as I
explained in the other forum. The newest record will always have an
AdjustmentUID= 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Building a cube will take these data to re-create your Analysis Datebase.
Was your build job successful?

Unfortunately I don’t know how cube building is working in detail: Does it
take the record with = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 or is it
building a sum of all hours of that timesheetline for a certain date?

I am not sure what data you want to access when writing ‘Excel or Data
Analysis’. However, I think first of all you should check your data in
Reporting DB.

To find the record negative hours with AdjustmentUID =
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 you can use this query:
SELECT dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimeByDay,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView.ResourceName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView.ProjectName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView.TaskName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView.PeriodName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.ActualWorkBillable AS
MostRecentActualWorkBillable,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.AdjustmentUID FROM
dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView INNER JOIN dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView ON
dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView.ResourceNameUID =
dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.OwnerResourceNameUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView ON dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.TimesheetUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.TimesheetUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView ON
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView ON dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.PeriodUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView.PeriodUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView ON
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.ProjectNameUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView.ProjectNameUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.TaskNameUID
= dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView.TaskNameUID WHERE
(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.AdjustmentUID =
'00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000') AND
(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.ActualWorkBillable < 0)
Are there any records listed?

With the next one you can check if any sum of actuals is negative:
SELECT dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimeByDay,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView.ResourceName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView.ProjectName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView.TaskName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView.PeriodName,
SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.ActualWorkBillable) AS
SumOfACtualWorkBillable, dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID
FROM dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView ON
dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView.ResourceNameUID =
dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.OwnerResourceNameUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView ON dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.TimesheetUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.TimesheetUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView ON
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView ON dbo.MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.PeriodUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView.PeriodUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView ON
dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.ProjectNameUID =
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView.ProjectNameUID INNER JOIN
dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine_OlapView.TaskNameUID
= dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView.TaskNameUID GROUP BY
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimeByDay,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource_OlapView.ResourceName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject_OlapView.ProjectName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView.TaskName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView.PeriodName,
dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID HAVING
(SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.ActualWorkBillable) < 0)
Are there any records listed?

If you found negative records with any of these statements, you could force
a rebuild of Reporting DB. Do that outside of normal working hours, it will
slow down your system. Do an Administrative Backup of ‘Enterprise Custom
Fields’ and a restore of them if job is finished.

If you haven’t any negative records, I suggest to create a new cube (Server
Settings – Build Settings – new name in ‘Analysis Datebase to be created’)
and see if data is correct in that one.

Let us know what you found, to help to resolve!
Regards
Barbara

"marie18" <marie18@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are using Project Server 2007 SP2. When I generate a report from the
> Timesheet cube (in Excel or Data Analysis) to get the working billable and
> non-billable hours per period, per task, per resource I get negative
> values
> in the report. So far we found out the reason for the negative values is
> the
> correction by the timesheet manager. However the corrected hours in the
> timesheet are different than the hours generated in the report.
>
> Has anyone had any issues with this? As we are struggling with this for a
> couple of days now I will very much appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Maria

0
Barbara
4/14/2010 7:26:53 AM
Hi Barbara,

thanks for looking into this. I ran both queries and they returned 0 rows.
However it appeared that the negative values appear for the line where
AdjustmentUID <> '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'. Actually the
manager who edited the timesheet of a user gets assigned the negative values
of the hours. For example if I put 8 billable hours per day and my manager
corrects then to 4 billable and 4 non-billable, the result is

Maria       8 billable, 0 nonbillable
Manager -8 billable, 0 nonbillable
Manager 4 billable, 4 nonbillabe

What happens is that the hours are assigned to the manager who edited and
then approved the report...This is way we get incorrect results in the
report..

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thank you,

Maria
"Barbara - Austria" wrote:

> [...]
>
> Let us know what you found, to help to resolve!
> Regards
> Barbara
>
> "marie18" <marie18@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > We are using Project Server 2007 SP2. When I generate a report from the
> > Timesheet cube (in Excel or Data Analysis) to get the working billable and
> > non-billable hours per period, per task, per resource I get negative
> > values
> > in the report. So far we found out the reason for the negative values is
> > the
> > correction by the timesheet manager. However the corrected hours in the
> > timesheet are different than the hours generated in the report.
> >
> > Has anyone had any issues with this? As we are struggling with this for a
> > couple of days now I will very much appreciate any help.

Hi Maria,

first of all I need to apologize. My assumption to be the record with
AdjustmentUID=000.. being the most recent one was wrong. Sorry! I mixed up
how many hours I used for which step.

I have not being successful to reproduce your issue on my system. Are you
able to reproduce or are we talking about something what happened within a
certain timeframe?

Regarding your example: are you sure that you are using
MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.OwnerResourceNameUID and not
MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.LastChangedResourceNameUID? You call it a
report and have not answered my question how you are accessing your data
(Analysis View, Analysis Database, Reporting DB).

What is your patch level? I am working on SP2 + CU December. If you have a
lower level, I suggest updating as soon as possible. There are some updates
for timesheets. None of them is exactly describing your problem, but some of
them deal with mixing up resource and timesheet manager or adjustments.

This time more questions than suggestions. Let me know, perhaps I get an
idea with some more information.

> [...]
>> Regards
>> Barbara
>>
>> "marie18" <marie18@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > We are using Project Server 2007 SP2. When I generate a report from the
>> > Timesheet cube (in Excel or Data Analysis) to get the working billable
>> > and
>> > non-billable hours per period, per task, per resource I get negative
>> > values
>> > in the report. So far we found out the reason for the negative values
>> > is
>> > the
>> > correction by the timesheet manager. However the corrected hours in the
>> > timesheet are different than the hours generated in the report.
>> >
>> > Has anyone had any issues with this? As we are struggling with this for
>> > couple of days now I will very much appreciate any help.

0
Barbara
4/15/2010 6:41:35 AM
Hi Barbara,

the issue is repeating. It did not happen just once. For creating a report
we weither use Excel or directly browsing the cubes in Analysis Services 2008.

I am not sure what you mean by that:" Regarding your example: are you sure
that you are using MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.OwnerResourceNameUID and not
MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.LastChangedResourceNameUID?" beause I actually
simply browse the cube.

We are using SP2, I tried finding a link on Microsoft download for download
of the December CU update but did not find any. If you could please let me
know where can I find it

Thanks,

Maria
"Barbara - Austria" wrote:

> [...]
> >> dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask_OlapView.TaskName,
> >> dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod_OlapView.PeriodName,
> >> dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.TimesheetLineUID HAVING
> >> (SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.ActualWorkBillable) < 0)
> >> Are there any records listed?
> >>
> >> If you found negative records with any of these statements, you could
> >> force
> >> a rebuild of Reporting DB. Do that outside of normal working hours, it
> >> will
> >> slow down your system. Do an Administrative Backup of ‘Enterprise Custom
> >> Fields’ and a restore of them if job is finished.
> >>
> >> If you haven’t any negative records, I suggest to create a new cube
> >> (Server
> >> Settings – Build Settings – new name in ‘Analysis Datebase to be created’)
> >> and see if data is correct in that one.
> >>
> >> Let us know what you found, to help to resolve!

Hi Maria,

ok, thanks for your information. Directly browsing the cube shows correct
values in my case.

You can find CU December with following links, but CU February is already
available. (I have not applied so far):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977027,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977026,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977022,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977028,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977266. I cross my fingers that it will
help!

I am awful sorry, I ran out of ideas now! Good luck!
Regards
Barbara

Ps.: Since I was not sure if you are using Reporting DB directly,  I
mentioned the 2 *ResourceNameUIDs. Sorry for confusion.

> Hi Barbara,
>
> the issue is repeating. It did not happen just once. For creating a report
> we weither use Excel or directly browsing the cubes in Analysis Services
> 2008.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by that:" Regarding your example: are you sure
> that you are using MSP_Timesheet_OlapView.OwnerResourceNameUID and not
> MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView.LastChangedResourceNameUID?" beause I
> actually
> simply browse the cube.
>
> We are using SP2, I tried finding a link on Microsoft download for
> download
> of the December CU update but did not find any. If you could please let me
> know where can I find it
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maria

0
Barbara
4/15/2010 12:06:01 PM
Marie:

There are a couple issues with the cube and timesheets. One of them,
regarding Surrogate timesheets, is explained on my site:

http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/Surrogate%20Timesheets%20Appear%20Under%20Timesheet%20Creator%20not%20Timesheet%20Owner%20in%20Cube.aspx

You may be seeing yet another definition problem. See if the latest CU
doesn't cover this, as Barbara suggested. If not, you might want to consider
querying the RDB directly for this type of data.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"marie18" <marie18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > Hi Barbara,
>> >
>> > thanks for looking into this. I ran both queries and they returned 0
>> > rows.
>> > However it appeared that the negative values appear for the line where
>> > AdjustmentUID <> '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'. Actually the
>> > manager who edited the timesheet of a user gets assigned the negative
>> > values
>> > of the hours. For example if I put 8 billable hours per day and my
>> > manager
>> > corrects then to 4 billable and 4 non-billable, the result is
>> >
>> > Maria       8 billable, 0 nonbillable
>> > Manager -8 billable, 0 nonbillable
>> > Manager 4 billable, 4 nonbillabe
>> >
>> > What happens is that the hours are assigned to the manager who edited
>> > and
>> > then approved the report...This is way we get incorrect results in the

0
Gary

I am unable to open HTML attachments in 2007 Outlook
When I click on the attachments a message appears: This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer..Microsoft Office Outlook Message and Item Viewer To open this file in its own program, double click it.... But the attachment never opens enen when I double click it.. have you tried help, office diagnostics? which version of windows? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by ema...

FORMULA HELP! Find all values in column at random rows and perform calcutlation.
ex. A 1 2 3 3.9% 4 5 6 -2.7% 7 8 9 6.5% 10 11 12 1.2% .. .. .. 1000 Total of formula here. I don't know what row a % number will show up on col A but it is before row 1000. I would like row 1000 under column A to have a formula that says look for any row in column A and if you find a number, add 1 to that number and then find the next one and add 1 to that number and then multiply those two together and then find the next one add 1 then multiply to the last set...etc. Bascially, A100 would have the formula (1+A3)*(1+A6)*(1+A9)*(1+A12)...e...

Date formatting on charts
I have a simple line chart (in PPT 2007) with dates going along the x-axis. They are m/d/y format - I cannot seem to change them to another format for the life of me! I am going to format-axis-number-date and cannot change the format at all! Does anyone know how this procedure - so simple in PPT 2003 can be achieved? Help and thanks! -- Marc Press with your right mouse button on the chart and choose Format Axis. From the new menu go under Number - you'll have a list of different formats available. Kristiina I help with Excel and PowerPoint http://www.officetodo...

Can I assign a keyboard shortcut to Translate in Outlook 2007?
I'd like to install a keyboard shortcut to the Translate function in Outlook 2007. This is only available via right-click to the best of my knowledge. Is this possible? I have a MS Keyboard, but couldn't figure out how to add right-click command to a My Favorite (or other key) here either. Thank you, Leon Right click somewhere on the Ribbon and choose; Customize Quick Access Toolbar... Set the dropdown list to "All Commands" Scroll down to the Translate... command and add it to the QAT. Now when you have a message dialog open, you can press the ALT key on...

modifying project name
I have an MFC application and I'd like to convert the project name (not just the output executable). Is it possible and how? Regards Dan Trying renaming the vcproj file. Reopening it will create the sln file. --- Ajay "Dan" <dan@mandi.com> wrote in message news:eHwFMw7aIHA.5984@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have an MFC application and I'd like to convert the project name (not >just > the output executable). > Is it possible and how? > > Regards > Dan > > "Dan" <dan@mandi.com> wrote in message news:eHwFMw7aIHA.5984@TK2M...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

Outlook 2007 NOT sending emails
The emails I am sending are showing as sent but are not being sent. The problem just started today. I can receive email but I cannot send email. I use a Pop3 account and have never had any problems until I bought a new laptop last week! I used Outlook problem free for an entire week! PLEASE HELP! - yes I have validated the addreses - yes I can send email via my web mail - yes I ran repair on Outlook itself. Ray in Atlanta When trying to send do you get any error messages about connecting to your pop server ? I had a similar prob the other day after a fresh install and windows update, ...

Pub 2007
On one computer, when you open a previously created .pub file, some of the pictures are blurred / fuzzy. They print out clearly. This has just started happening. No major changes in software installations etc. Previously they were all just fine. This is a reasonably new computer. If you take the files to another computer, they display properly and print properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher 2007. No change. I spent an hour on phone with Publisher support and they seemed to think it was printer related. I have uninstalled the printer and installed a different bra...

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

Hiding Columns based on cell value
I am a novice when it comes to writing VBA code, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get in figuring out my ?. I would like to write a macro that automatically hides columns of data based on the value of a cell (I2) with a picklist. Cell I2's picklist is monthly values (formatted as Jan-10 though Dec-10 but real values are 1/1/2010 through 12/1/2010). I have a range that contains work week end date values (1/8/2010 to 12/31/2010) in L6:BK6. I would like to have the macro hide columns that are less than date value chosen in I2. For example, if a user selects "...

Custom Project Entity
We are in the process of setting up CRM 3.0 before implenting it. I have seen a few topics regarding this subject but I wanted to ask a more specific to my situation question (if that sentence makes sense :)). So here we go... We are going to be using the Opportunities entity as it comes out of the box for a lot of our "jobs". Each opportunity will have only 1 customer assigned to it. However, we have some projects that we work where we have multiple customers involved during a bid stage. Once the bids have been placed and a contractor has been named, we work with that one cont...

Changing SQL Servers
I am trying to change the instance of SQL Server that my dev environment points to, When I goto DM, select the server and click Configure Sql Server - I select the new SQL server, click next and get "SQL Server Agent is not running". I have verified that the SQL Agent is running on both the current and new sql servers but this does not help. Any help of where to look would be great ...

for just a particular mail server communication is not even going out
Internally I've managed to set up communication between exchange 2003 servers in two different internal forests. I was new to DNS and the like, so I was pretty hyped up because I had to do some funky stuff for that; HOWEVER, I now need to set up internal communication between one of the previous exchange servers and an internal FreeBSD machine. For the exchange machine I know that all the necessary records are ok because otherwise it wouldn't have even communicated with the other exchange server (and exchange is pretty particular about that). I typed nslookup on both machines and th...

McAfee VirusScan 10 with Outlook 2007
Anyone having trouble scanning individual e-mails in the new Outlook 2007 Beta? I wonder if McAfee VS is checking any e-mails at all? Now I'm scared! -- Sam disable email scanning - it's a waste of resources. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Sub...

outlook/server
is there a way to set outlook so that i can have it delete messages from the server after a certain amount of days like outlook express? thank you for your help... In Outlook, Open the email properties, click the advanced button. Look at the option to leave a copy of the mail on the server for 10 days. "chris" <chingchanlee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03db01c3553c$6efefff0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to set outlook so that i can have it > delete messages from the server after a certain amount of > days like outlook express? thank you for your hel...

Axis Values Keep changing
I have a scientific table of values containing time increments as column entries (0, .5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, etc.). There is a corresponding record entry for each of these time increments. When I attempt to create a CHART, however, that range of values changes to 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). I've played with changing the increment values to number format, and I can't seem to get beyond what excel's chart wizard insists upon doing to this range of values. Any suggestions? You have been making a LINE chart when you need an XY chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP htt...

Corporate Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2
Currently: Office 2003 SP3 applications on XP 2002 SP2 Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2 suite We are planning a corporate upgrade from 2003 apps to 2007 suite for 100,000+ users globally. My question is what are the known issues with this upgrade, whether they are server issues, application issues, functionality issues, etc. I have cross-posted this to the usual applications as well as windows.upgrade and office.misc so I can capture all users of these applications as well as the network people. I am aware of the usual new 2007 user interface issues but are there any problems we can head off at...

Outlook 2007 Image Preview
Images that are included in incoming and outgoing messages are oversized in the display, both the preview and when I open the message. This includes icon images when a file is attached in a message. For instance, in the case of an icon, the icon is larger than half the screen. I have been unable to find out what is causing this issue. ...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

Msproject 2007 Error
you may have run out of memorey to free up available memorey , close programs, projects, or windows that you arent using please guide me how to resolve the issue ...

Upgrade from MSDE to SQL Server 2005 Express?
Are we going to be able to upgrade our MSDE installations to SQL Server Express? If so, some step-by-step instructions will be highly beneficial, since I don't think it's going to be as simple as installing using the default instance. Bud Izen Scrapbook Fever Salem OR I have done it using the default instance...somewhere it tells you instances it can upgrade, and I've done so without drama. I did some testing beforehand, and found that the uninstall for Express worked quite well - it put me back to the old version of SQL. I can't remember exactly where the option wa...

entering value in column A
Hello, My users requested this functionality: They enter values in, say, column A. Column B should be filled automatically accordingly by executing some VBA-code (querying a database). Problem is that column A also might be filled by VBA-code - meaning that above functionality only should trigger if the user fills in column A. (I wonder if if is possible to differentiate between these cases). I'm not quite sure if I should use a Worksheet_Change() or Worksheet_SelectionChange() event. Or is there another more appropriate way to handle this requirement? We're using Office 2007. than...

SQL Server 2008 R2/Remote BLOB Storage/SharePoint 2010
We're looking into implementing SharePoint 2010 with a SQL Server 2008 R2 backend. We were also interested in using the RBS addon to get our files out of the database. We were hoping to place these files on a file server seperate from the SQL Server. In reading the docs, I have found where it says "To run RBS on a remote server, you must be running SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition". My question is, can I run SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, have RBS running on the local SQL server, but have the BLOB data stored on a remote file share using either a mapped d...

add ins for word 2007
Hi, I am trying to download some add ins for word 2007, specifically the office math i cant seem to download the redistributed pack, the windows intaller to go with the office math. I need some help with this issue. thanks, Joe. -- JLH -- JLH "Joe-Ho" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download some add ins for word 2007, specifically the microsoft > math i cant seem to download the redistributed pack, the windows intaller to > go with the office math. I need some help with this issue. thanks, Joe. > -- > JLH ...

split cell value
Hi, I have a huge data contains names of the customer in a single column, i want to take out the first letter of the first name in the word and add with a dot. Example If the name in the column A1 - Tiger Woods , i want the result in B2 as T.W. Sachin R Tendulkar - S.R.T. Adam Gilly Jr - A.G.Jr. -- Thanks and all your help will be much appriciated One option will be as shown in linked picture: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6987/nonameu.png Micky "Pradeep" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a huge data contains names of the customer in a single column...