Timesheet approval strange behaviour-Project Server 2007

Dear all,

We are using Project Server 2007 Timesheet Module for a Functional
Organization.

Organization has various Teams.
For every Team there is a Team Leader.
Team Leaders report to Functional Managers and all Functional Managers
report to a Director.

All Team Members, Team Leaders and Managers register their Actual Time using
Timesheet module.
We are using "Fixed Approval" as follows:

Team Member A has the Team Leader A of his/her Team as Timesheet Manager.
Team Leader A has the Functional Manager A as Timesheet Manager.
Functional Manager A Timesheet Approver is the Director.

Team Member A submits their Timesheet and it is routed for approval to Team
Leader A-who has the "Accept Timesheet privilege".
After Timesheet Approval the Timesheet is forwarded for approval to
Functional Manager A, who has the "Approve Timesheet privilege".

SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Team Leader A opens the Timesheet Approval pages and has (let's say) 5
submitted timesheets for approval from Team Members.
On the bottom of the screen can laso see the name of Functional Manager A,
who is the next approver, based on "Fixed Approval" setting.

When Team Leader A select a Timesheet and approve it from this screen,
everything is working fine.
BUT when Team Leader A opens each timesheet to see the details and click
Accept Timesheet from Timesheet view page, THEN A POP SCREEN APPEAR, ASKING
HIM TO PICK-UP THE NEXT APPROVER, even though the Approval is fixed.
Moreover, in this screen appears as Default Approver the name of the Team
Leader A and NOT the name of the Functional Manager A, as expected.

Why is this happening?

Best regards and thanks,
Konstantinos
PMP PM

Konstantinos:

See this FAQ:

http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/ChainOfTimesheetApprovers.aspx

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Konstantinos Christodoulakis"
<KonstantinosChristodoulakis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> We are using Project Server 2007 Timesheet Module for a Functional
> Organization.
>
> Organization has various Teams.
> For every Team there is a Team Leader.
> Team Leaders report to Functional Managers and all Functional Managers
> report to a Director.
>
> All Team Members, Team Leaders and Managers register their Actual Time
> using
> Timesheet module.
> We are using "Fixed Approval" as follows:
>
> Team Member A has the Team Leader A of his/her Team as Timesheet Manager.
> Team Leader A has the Functional Manager A as Timesheet Manager.
> Functional Manager A Timesheet Approver is the Director.
>
> Team Member A submits their Timesheet and it is routed for approval to
> Team
> Leader A-who has the "Accept Timesheet privilege".
> After Timesheet Approval the Timesheet is forwarded for approval to
> Functional Manager A, who has the "Approve Timesheet privilege".
>
> SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
> Team Leader A opens the Timesheet Approval pages and has (let's say) 5
> submitted timesheets for approval from Team Members.
> On the bottom of the screen can laso see the name of Functional Manager A,
> who is the next approver, based on "Fixed Approval" setting.
>
> When Team Leader A select a Timesheet and approve it from this screen,
> everything is working fine.
> BUT when Team Leader A opens each timesheet to see the details and click
> Accept Timesheet from Timesheet view page, THEN A POP SCREEN APPEAR,
> ASKING
> HIM TO PICK-UP THE NEXT APPROVER, even though the Approval is fixed.
> Moreover, in this screen appears as Default Approver the name of the Team
> Leader A and NOT the name of the Functional Manager A, as expected.
>
> Why is this happening?
>
> Best regards and thanks,
> Konstantinos
> PMP PM

0
Gary

Select SQL Server During Installation
Hi, I am installing MS CRM in this environment: - SBS 2000 SP3 with SQL 2000 SP3 + Excahnge + Domain Controller - I want to install MS CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Machine added to the SBS Domains. The user who is doing the installation is member of the domains admins and entreprise admins. It is important to note that we have an instance of SQL Server called BKUPEXEC. The following Services on the sql server are running: SQLAGENT$BKUPEXEC : MSSQLSERVER$BKUPEXEC Question 1: Is the following architecture supported? SBS (DC + SQL + Exchange) on one server. MS CRM on another server (win2003) added...

timesheet with OT
I am trying to make a simple timesheet, if I figure it out a little better I will expand it, that will add over time. I just want to add up the 7 days, cells A1-A7 and put that total in cell A9 {=SUM(A1:A7)} in cell A10 I would like it to not do anything until columns A1-A7 go over 40, I would then like the number 40 to stay at 40 in cell A9 then put anything over that in cell A10{=SUMIF(A9,">40")-40} sort of like this. Is their a way to keep the "-40" in cell A10 "invisable" until it goes over 0? And to stop the 40 in cell A9 from going over 40? Thanks. ...

how do I find calender wizard in publisher 2007 to change month
in publisher 2003 i could use the calender wizard to change the month. in publisher 2007 i can't seem to find this wizard It is on the right when you are in the template menu, you might have to scroll down a little. The Design Gallery calendar menu is on the right also. The wizard for this function is broken. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30925743-317A-4E46-B75B-0171EFF792E0@microsoft.com... > in publisher 2003 i could use the ...

Jetstress performance strange results...
Hi, I've just test my server with the jetstress tool because I found my server not so responsive. I've also tested another and old server with the jetstress tool at the same time. My configs: Server A= Xeon 2.8ghz + 1gb Ram + 4 * 36 Gb 10krpm SCSI RAID 5 + SBS 2003 Server B= P2 350mhz + 256 mb ram + 3 * 9 Gb RAID 0 (Stripped) (yes, a very old server) + Win 2003 standard Creating 200 000 records take 1200seconds on the server A and 1500sec on the server B!!!! So, for my tests, the Server B is only 20 to 25% slower then the A. and its not what I expect. What can I do or test ? My se...

DPM 2007 SP1 doesn't show Hyper-V virtual servers
I have installed all recommended hotfixes, but still i'm unable to see Hyper-V Virtual servers when i'm trying to add to Protection Groups. DPM shows those servers, and allows me to backup for example system states but not Hyper-V. Check the status of the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS service) and Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer (VSSAdmin List Writers) -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications.sivarajan.com/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, an...

Outlook 2007
I used to be able to type the first few letters of a first and last name when writing a new e-mail and it would quickly find the e-mail address of the person I was trying to e-mail. Since upgrading to 2007, now, when I look at the pick list when e-mailing someone, it has turned all of the fax #'s into e-mail addresses. So, there are now 2 "e-mail address" for many of these people, which means if I type in their name, it will not fill in the rest because there are now two entries for this. Very annoying. Is there any way to turn this off, other than deleting all of the fa...

My server is blacklisted
I cleaned up my server after I found out is was being used to send out spam. Now its on a couple of blacklists and I need to get it removed. One of the blacklist servers is the dnsbl and its instructions to remove my server from the list involve them sending me a confirmation email. This is what I need to clarify. It wants to send this confirmation email to postmaster@ [ipaddress} or abuse@[ipaddress], ipaddress is my server of course. I tried to setup my server to accept mail in the IP literal format (user@[ipaddress] but my outlook does not permit sending to this type of address,...

strange identity message
I keep getting the following: "another application has the switch identities or identity logon showing. Choose an identity in that dialog before launching this application again." Any ideas? ...

How to save preferreced style to Word 2007 default?
Hi, I use Word 2007. I have different word files containing different styles. How can I put all together and save them to normal.dotx so that all word file have all styles by default. Need help! Thanks in advance! Lisa The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm. Provided there are no name clashes, i.e. you can't have multiple styles with the same name, you can copy the styles from the document to the template using the Organizer (ALT+F8 > Organizer) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&l...

format a cell for a timesheet
What format should I use if I want the time sheet to show totals in quarter hours such as 8:25 instead of 8:15. The current format is [H]:mm and it's returning the 8:15 but I want it to return 8:25 Thank you Louis Louis, In an adjacent column, use = A1*24 and format to dec places. You will get 8.25, not 8:25, but is that okay? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Louis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e9a01c3fe02$2f54c460$a101280a@phx....

Problem installing SQL Server Express 2008
I went to the MS website and downloaded SQL Server 2008 Express I got a window that says SQL Server 2008 with advanced services did not install succesfully and the downloaded file failed signature verification. The log says: Signature verification failed on downloaded file. URL: http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/b/e9bcf5d7-2421-464f-94dc-0c694ba1b5a4/SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe. File location: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\installers\SQLExpressAdv\A21783D86FBCF081C0268D1AE1CFABBCE8DF4289\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU2.exe. File size: 573037392 Permission...

Money 2007 Home and Business on Vista RC1
Hi all, I've downloaded Money 2007 H&B and am attempting to set it up on a machine with Vista RC1 (build 5728). I've tried running with XPSP2 compatibility and Run As Administrator enabled, but I still get the error: 'Microsoft Money 2007 Home and Business has stopped running. A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available.' Any suggestions and/or ideas? Yes wait till Vista gets released. Betas are always problematical. Some people have reported no problems, whilst others have en...

how to avoid import timesheet in timesheet approval process
when the team member submitted timesheet to the timesheet manager and timesheet manager approved this timesheet and then team member go to My Tasks page and import timesheet and then submitted to the Project Manager. Is it possible that team member dont need to import timesheet . if timesheet manager approved timesheet then timesheet will go to project manager directly. how it is possible ? and what is the reason behind this to import timesheet and then send to the project manager. Sam -- No, this is not possible. The best you can do for your organization is to elimina...

Money 2007
Hello all, I'm very new in this so please have patience... Firstly, I should mention that I can't and I don't download any online transactions. I put in everything by hand (probably the reason I mess up). Okay, I've set up a transfer of $5 from a bank account to a credit card, to which I owe $205. I've also set it to be recurring and a direct debit. This is for the 18th of every month. So yesterday, September the 18th, Money probably considered it paid automatically and the amount in the card was reduced to $200. But then, somehow, Money probably considered the nex...

Microsoft Word as Outlook 2007 email editor
From other posts and the Help file, I've learned that Word is the only email editor available in Outlook 2007. That's fine. But, can I change a setting so that whatever keyboard shortcuts, autocorrect entries, etc., etc., I have in Word are automatically used in Outlook 2007? Or do I have to reset each shortcut individually? Thanks. ...

Importing Timesheets process
I am creating a recport for the managers to show who haven't imported their timesheets yet. I see that in the TimesheetActula the hours are there as soon as they are approved by the manager. Where in the Reporting db I can find data that gets updated when Importe occurs? Thank u much laguna, check in the projectServer_reporting DB MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView "laguna" wrote: > I am creating a recport for the managers to show who haven't imported their > timesheets yet. I see that in the TimesheetActula the hours are there as soon > as they a...

new to FE Server and SSL
I am in the process of obtaining a certificate for making my OWA secure, I have two OWA servers do I need two certificates or one i.e is the certificate tied to a server OR a URL Thanks for your help in advance. ~Simon You need one certificate for each server that will communicate over SSL. So it is tied to server. But in process of creating certificate request be carefull to insert URL that will be used for OWA access, so your users won't be prompted to accept certificate each time they access OWA (because of different URLs). If you have one FE server and one BE server you nee...

Replacing faulty disk in a software RAID5 array, on server 2003
Hi. I have a 4xdisc RAID5 setup in our server (small business server 2003 premium). However, one of the hard drives has failed. The system is currently still up and running just fine, due to the data redundancy. However, it is now of utmost importance that we replace the faulty disc in the array. How do I go about replacing the drive, and rebuilding the array? Thanks in advance. Sion. On 19/04/2010 12:00, Sion Jones wrote: > I have a 4xdisc RAID5 setup in our server (small business server 2003 > premium). However, one of the hard drives has failed. The system is currentl...

Strange Boot Message
Just started noticing this message during boot. Immediately after the Windows splash screen disappears, a light blue window appears on the screen with this message: "00DBS program not found skipping autocheck" The message is there for just an instant (less then a second) and then the boot process is complete. Everything works just fine and I'm not certain when this first appeared since I don't normally watch the boot that closely. Also not certain if "00" in 00DBS are numbers or letters. Appreciate suggestions as to what could be causing this and...

ISInteg fixes folder errors after server slow downs seen from client...
Sorry, for the subject line, it was the best I could come up with. I have a long standing problem on my Ex2K server. This is a production server that's been up for many years now. At one point it was a 5.5 server until about 3 years ago when I upgraded it Outlook clients will start experiencing delays reading/retrieving email. They get that nasty "Contacting Server" popup a lot. It's at this point I dismount the information store and run ISInteg with the -Fix option. It finds a few errors in the "Folder Test" and fixes them. Then Outlook is back to it's snappy...

Strange size problem about a dialog inside a dialog
Hi, I've created a cdialog "panel" with the dimension of the screen. Now I'm trying to insert another , but much littler, cdialog object ( with a default size that I've set, 352*288) over the first one, the strange think is that: if I create the second dialog with coordinates (0,0) all works fine. Otherwise if I try something else, for example (100,0), the dialog appears resized. Why this strange thing? Regards. Riccardo Corona. Also, make sure the child dialog has the "Child" style specified, and probably should have the Control Parent property checked as ...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

PA-Timesheet
Hi All, We are not using the GP payroll module. PA is installed. i want to track the employees expenses in a project. but for that i need to create employee in payroll. Is there a way that i can create employee with out having a payroll module something like non inventoried items. The employee data is being maintained in another software. Can i pull the data from the third party software to PA? any help would be appreciated. Regards Reddy ...

Video in Outlook 2007
Using Dreamweaver I have embedded a video in html file which if I then send as an html email to O2007 user the video box does not show and video does not play. Any ideas? What have I done wrong? -- DJ "DJ" <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0222ACE1-A18B-4379-9778-EF6840ACFA38@microsoft.com... > Using Dreamweaver I have embedded a video in html file which if I then send > as an html email to O2007 user the video box does not show and video does > not > play. Any ideas? What have I done wrong? What's wrong is your thinking t...

Server 2003: folder size quotas?
hello folks I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but I can't find the answer... I'm trying to limit my user's usage of more disk space than I'm willing to give them. Specifically, I want to stop network forlder XX from beging bigger than XGBs, without imposing limits on the rest of the network disk. Is this possible? tahnsk for any help ...