Test on Type in Resource Center

Hi,

In Project Server 2007 SP2
In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type :
Work, Material, Cost
But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for
numeric values.
Have you any idea to test on this Type field?
Thanks

0
Robert

Robert --

Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is
actually numeric.  So, you have to test for the following numbers in your
Filter:

Work resource         = 0
Material resource    = 1
Cost resource            =2

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In Project Server 2007 SP2
> In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type
> : Work, Material, Cost
> But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for
> numeric values.
> Have you any idea to test on this Type field?
> Thanks

0
Dale
1/16/2010 11:28:22 PM
Thanks a lot Dale,

I already tried to filter on these values, without any success.
I ran a SQL query on the Published DB:
USE ProjectServer_Published
SELECT RES_ID, RES_NAME, RES_TYPE, RES_MATERIAL_LABEL, RES_IS_TEAM
FROM MSP_RESOURCES
ORDER BY RES_ID
This SQL query returned the following values:
Work = 2
Material = 21
Generic = 20
Inactive = 102
Budget = 54
Cost = 25
But any filter test on these values returns nothing.
It seems that all these values are negative numbers...

"Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> a �crit
dans le message de news:
DD11933D-33DD-4FE3-AE78-5A4357259D11@microsoft.com...
> Robert --
>
> Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is
> actually numeric.  So, you have to test for the following numbers in your
> Filter:
>
> Work resource         = 0
> Material resource    = 1
> Cost resource            =2
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Project Server 2007 SP2
>> In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's
>> Type : Work, Material, Cost
>> But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for
>> numeric values.
>> Have you any idea to test on this Type field?
>> Thanks

0
Robert
1/17/2010 10:49:43 AM
Dale,
The filters created in the Resource Center with a criterion on the Type
field don't work at all. But the same filters created in the Edit View page
work fine. And your numeric values for Work, Material and Cost are the good
ones.
Thanks again

"Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> a �crit
dans le message de news:
DD11933D-33DD-4FE3-AE78-5A4357259D11@microsoft.com...
> Robert --
>
> Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is
> actually numeric.  So, you have to test for the following numbers in your
> Filter:
>
> Work resource         = 0
> Material resource    = 1
> Cost resource            =2
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Project Server 2007 SP2
>> In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's
>> Type : Work, Material, Cost
>> But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for
>> numeric values.
>> Have you any idea to test on this Type field?
>> Thanks

0
Robert
1/17/2010 1:37:01 PM
Robert --

Oddly enough, if you filter directly on the Resource Center page, you have
to filter for the text values.  But if you build a filter as part of a
Resource Center view, you have to filter for the numeric values.  Go figure!
:)  Hope this helps.

--

> Dale,
> The filters created in the Resource Center with a criterion on the Type
> field don't work at all. But the same filters created in the Edit View
> page work fine. And your numeric values for Work, Material and Cost are
> the good ones.
> Thanks again
>

> "Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale[dot]howard[at]msprojectexperts[dot]com> a �crit
> dans le message de news:
> DD11933D-33DD-4FE3-AE78-5A4357259D11@microsoft.com...
>> Robert --
>>
>> Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is
>> actually numeric.  So, you have to test for the following numbers in your
>> Filter:
>>
>> Work resource         = 0
>> Material resource    = 1
>> Cost resource            =2
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In Project Server 2007 SP2
>>> In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's
>>> Type : Work, Material, Cost
>>> But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for
>>> numeric values.
>>> Have you any idea to test on this Type field?
>>> Thanks

0
Dale

ANOVA procedures and t-test equal variance
In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal variances. One of the assumptions that is made in both the "standard t test" and ANOVA is that the variances are equal. Yet, Excel seems to have no test for homoscedasicity (oh what a cool word). How do you know these procedures are ok to use if you have not checked the assumption of equal variances? Noosa - > In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a > t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal vari...

test of wizard
-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f61980a5-9a9d-4399-8044-95f7dc1810...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?
Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html) in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown. How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again? Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy? Cindy Right click on the file and go to Properties and hit the change button = and then designate the program with which you wish to open the file. steve "Cindy Parker" <cypy@live.com> wrote in message = news:4c57d81c$0$6986$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.ar...

ignore -- testing
Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". just testing "joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:812e733c-2d95-4174-8a3d-d08ecc672145@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com... Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". testing a...

Basic Scheduling -Sequencing resources
When multiple resources are assigned to a task, typically all resources are booked for the entire duration of the task. But in real life, these resources are working one after the other. Is there any way to sequence resources as required? -- Project Fan Don't sequence resources. Sequence tasks. Break up the task with many resources into more tasks with fewer resources. Give us an example. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "Aju" <Aju@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73502453-B...

Moving Gmail Acct to Outlook? Passes Test but won't work Why/Fix?
I have followed the directions on the gmail page on moving my acct to outlook. It passes the test and yet does not work. What gives? How do I fix? Is this some weirdness between google and microsoft. Any suggestions? Help! Could you be a little more specific? What doesn't work? Does it send? Doesn't receive? Do you get any error messages? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct r...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...

Exchange 2003
I tried to create a resource, meeting room1. I hit a problem during configuration the resource scheduling. i go to tool | options | calander option | resource rescheduling.. When I click on resource rescheduling A message prompted "The connection to the Microsoft Eschange server is unavailable. Outllook must be online or connected to completed this action." I check my connection, it was working fine My machine was connect to LAN and was able to check email via MS Exchange. I check all my exchange users, all the machine have the same matter. ...

Tests?
Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test? A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject line it's a test message. Seems the least educated of us all could identify this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test. But what happens is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title. But what is allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly...

Resource Scheduling Error "The Operation Failed" outlook 2003.
Hi, I am trying to schedule a meeting but all the users on the network get the same error: The Operation Failed , when I click on the Resource Scheduling tab under Options - Calender Options in Outlook 2003. I recently had a server crash and my outlook was pointing to that server. I moved the mailboxes to another server. The old server is not even in the system anymore. I am thinking the Resource Scheduler might still be looking for the old server. Any advice on how to change the path or any other suggestion to fix the problem. Thanks Kunal ...

development/test server
Hi Can we development/test server with its own database ..and at the same time have a production server with its database which host the real data... Also is it possible to export customisation to the production server from development/test server..will there be any kind of conflicts i have to keep in mind... please help.. Thanks I setup a CRM test envionment using the Adventure Works Cycle database. This is where we made all customizations, which were somewhat extensive. When I exported the customizations from the test environment and imported them to our production server e...

Different Types of Bonds
Investing in bonds is very safe, and the returns are usually very good. There are four basic types of bonds available and they are sold through the Government, through corporations, state and local governments, and foreign governments.<br> The greatest thing about bonds is that you will get your initial investment back. This makes bonds the perfect investment vehicle for those who are new to investing, or for those who have a low risk tolerance.<br> The United States Government sells Treasury Bonds through the Treasury Department. You can purchase Treasury Bonds with maturity date...

Type mismatch in Function
Hoping someone might be able to help. I have the following Function that I have used in excel 2007 (and it works fine), that I am trying to now use in MS Access. Basically you pass a date string to the function and it returns a fiscal year quarter (our fiscal years starts on Nov 1). The code, when runs, gets a type mismatch whenever it gets to one of the lines coded (entire function at bottom): FiscalQtr = "FY" & Right(DatePart("yyyy", inDate + yeardays), 2) & strQtr When I hover my mouse over inDate, I will see dates like I would expect ("...

Test
Sorry for wasting bandwidth here... think I'm having problems sending to the forums. We'll see if this gets through -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

Now to unhide columns ... and test for upper/lower case
I've got two more questions ... Having the routine to open the rows, I need to apply that to opening the required columns. I assume that the columns are referred to numerically, rather than alphabetically? When I run the routine, the first part runs fine (opening rows), but the second part generates the error message : Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error (This occurred with the two routines below combined as one) Seperating them ( as pasted here ) and running it on its' own gives the error message: 400 Any ...

File Types for Attachments, Outlook 2003
We have discovered that when selecting a file to attach in Outlook 2003, the drop list for file types does not include Excel or some of the other usual groups like images. In order to attach an Excel file, one must select to browse "all files" ... and this can be a real pain. IDEAS? Thanks. ...

bug - type 1-4531 in any cell
In Excel office 2k if you type 1-4351 in any cell the returned value is Jan-51, 2-4531 =Feb-51 etc. you cannot change the format of the cell to display numbers!!! The workaround for this bug is to put an open quote mark in front of the number i.e. '1-4531, as this is the type of number I use regularly it is extremely annoying, has this already been reported and if so is there a fix for it? Hi Set the cell format to Text before you type into the cell. -- Andy. "Paidi" <Paidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46A56411-7E75-47FC-B908-90DFD9491766@m...

test message
This is a test to see what email is registered with my account. Thanks, ------=_NextPart_0001_5C4BECA8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Nick, Sorry for the delay, but I have been asked to have you try creating another new test thread. Thank you in advance. Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ============================================= When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================...

Type of error message
Hi While fixing a problem with CRM 3.0 one of the MS help desk personel got me to change a setting that produced a more in depth error message when a problem occured in the system. The problem is I can not remember where it is to set it back and these error messages are not general user friendly. Can anyone help ? Cheers Brian Hi Try to change web.config file in c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb. Find key "DevErrors" and set its value to "Off" : <add key="DevErrors" value="Off"/> Regards, Andrey Slepitsky "BI" wrote: &g...

Progressively billing in Project Accounting (T&M type)
Hi all, I have a question, how can I set for progressively billing in Project Accounting? regards, kat ...

test

Typeful distinguished name in address bar
For some reason just recently, when I allow Outlook 2003 to auto-complete the addresses of internal recipients that I am sending email to, it is placing the typeful distinguished name (ex.: o=organization.cn=container.cn=username) in the "To" box instead of the simple common name ("username"). If I remove everything except the common name by highlighting and deleting the context, the email goes through fine. I am just wondering why it decided not to just fill in with the common name. I can`t find a setting to tell Outlook which one to use. I would imagine it would get quite...

NEED #s TO BE DISPLAYED AS TYPED!
I'm attempting to type in a number and it is headed by 3 zeros. Excel keeps converting to whole numbers. I need the number to be displayed exactly as I typed it. Thanks in advance. Format the cells as text before you type or precede the entry with an apostrophe If the number of digits are always the same you can use a custom format like 000000 for 6 digits -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Determined07" <Determined07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A41F28A-A9AC-4FC6-986B-9F84360C374A@microsoft.com... > I'm attempting to type in a number and i...

Excel Mous Test?
What's the best course to study for Excel 2003 Expert Mous test? When I studied for the test I started in the File menu. When I knew what everything in that menu did and what all the options were in the dialog boxes I moved on to the Edit menu. I continued this with every menu. When I took the test I didn't miss any questions and I'm not that good at taking tests. : ) Good luck!! "cisco7970" wrote: > What's the best course to study for Excel 2003 Expert Mous test? Microsoft Learning offers a number of options: the "Microsoft Office 2003 Inside Out...