tasks due in the next week/tasks overdue

I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that display:
1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter and I
recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something like
that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar where
Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
Thanks!

The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current date.  PWA
will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only way to filter your
views would be based on the Current Date (as of publishing), the Publish
Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date (as of publishing).  Personally,
I prefer the Status Date as that is the last time the project was truly up
to date.

Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in developing
a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:

1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2400),Yes,No),No)
- all open tasks that have started or will start in the next week, based
on the current date as of the publish event.

2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([% Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline
Finish]<[Status Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress slipping
tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.

If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do that in
a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that would not be
the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated schedules
- depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
date.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
> display:
> 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
> and I
> recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
> like
> that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
> 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
> where
> Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
> Thanks!

1
Andrew
1/8/2010 2:31:30 PM
Thanks for the info...I will give this a shot and see how it works out.
Looking at those formulas is like looking at another language to me.  Does
anyone have any good resource (online and free hopefully) for learning how to
put together formulas like this.
Thanks again,
Robert

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current date.  PWA
> will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only way to filter your
> views would be based on the Current Date (as of publishing), the Publish
> Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date (as of publishing).  Personally,
> I prefer the Status Date as that is the last time the project was truly up
> to date.
>
> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in developing
> a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
>
> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2400),Yes,No),No)
> - all open tasks that have started or will start in the next week, based
> on the current date as of the publish event.
>
> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([% Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline
> Finish]<[Status Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress slipping
> tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
>
> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do that in
> a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that would not be
> the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated schedules
> - depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
> date.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
> > display:
> > 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
> > and I
> > recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
> > like
> > that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
> > 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
> > where
> > Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
> > Thanks!
>

> .

Okay, so I thought I was just going to be entering the formulas you supplied
under "Filter" when you're editing a view.  Obviously this is not the case
=).  As a disclaimer, I am VERY new to PS2K7 and PAW, but have been tasked by
my company to put together a demo for a customer so I need to figure it out.
Can you give me the cliff notes on how to 1) where and how to create these
flag formulas and 2) how to use them in a view?  Sorry for all of the hand
holding but this is turning out to be quite a complicated piece of software
=/.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current date.  PWA
> will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only way to filter your
> views would be based on the Current Date (as of publishing), the Publish
> Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date (as of publishing).  Personally,
> I prefer the Status Date as that is the last time the project was truly up
> to date.
>
> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in developing
> a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
>
> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2400),Yes,No),No)
> - all open tasks that have started or will start in the next week, based
> on the current date as of the publish event.
>
> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([% Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline
> Finish]<[Status Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress slipping
> tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
>
> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do that in
> a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that would not be
> the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated schedules
> - depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
> date.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
> > display:
> > 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
> > and I
> > recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
> > like
> > that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
> > 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
> > where
> > Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
> > Thanks!
>

> .

Robert:

Seriously, tell your boss that if they want to win the business, they'll
bring in an EPM partner to partner with, or someone from Microsoft to do the
demo. The latter solution is a desperate choice and doesn't get the work
done for the client unless you turn it over to MCS. There is no way for
someone to approach this system blind and get up to speed in just a few
months, let alone a in a matter of days.

SAP makes some keen ERP software, could you throw a demo of that together by
the end of next week?<g>

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated
>> schedules
>> - depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
>> date.
>>
>> - Andrew Lavinsky
>> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>>
>> > I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
>> > display:
>> > 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
>> > and I
>> > recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
>> > like
>> > that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
>> > 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
>> > where
>> > Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.

0
Gary
1/8/2010 7:36:23 PM
Okay, further questions on this topic =).
1.  I'm a little confused about how "current date", "status date", and
"publish date" are calculated.  Can you please explain?  I would assume
"current date" always means today, but I could be off.  Also, how is the time
used when calculating these?  In formula 1 below you used "2400".
2.  I tried to do a variation of the past due formula that you provided
below using graphical indicators and this formula "IIf([Finish]<[Current
Date] And [% Complete]<100,"Red, Overdue","Green, Not Overdue")".  However, I
cannot get it work.  Even with just the Data view, nothing is populated in
this field (I would expect each task to return one of the two text values),
and when I try to use a graphical indicator view it keeps telling me that
they are not valid.  Is something wrong with this formula?

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> 1) Add them to Project Server as enterprise custom fields.
> 2) Create and save/publish a schedule (or save/publish existing schedule)
> 3) In the views, add a filter on the field you created in the Enterprise
> Custom Fields area
>
> And yeah, Project Server can be quite a bear to implement.  It does require
> a fair bit of specialized technical and domain knowledge.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Okay, so I thought I was just going to be entering the formulas you
> > supplied under "Filter" when you're editing a view.  Obviously this is
> > not the case =).  As a disclaimer, I am VERY new to PS2K7 and PAW, but
> > have been tasked by my company to put together a demo for a customer
> > so I need to figure it out.  Can you give me the cliff notes on how to
> > 1) where and how to create these flag formulas and 2) how to use them
> > in a view?  Sorry for all of the hand holding but this is turning out
> > to be quite a complicated piece of software =/.
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
> >
> >> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current
> >> date.  PWA will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only
> >> way to filter your views would be based on the Current Date (as of
> >> publishing), the Publish Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date
> >> (as of publishing).  Personally, I prefer the Status Date as that is
> >> the last time the project was truly up to date.
> >>
> >> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in
> >> developing a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
> >>
> >> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current
> >> Date],2400),Yes,No),No) - all open tasks that have started or will
> >> start in the next week, based on the current date as of the publish
> >> event.
> >>
> >> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([%
> >> Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline Finish]<[Status
> >> Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> >> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress
> >> slipping tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
> >>
> >> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do
> >> that in a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that
> >> would not be the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on
> >> non-updated schedules - depending on how long has elapsed between the
> >> Publish date and Today's date.
> >>
> >> - Andrew Lavinsky
> >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >> .
> >>

> .

Okay, so a few more questions on this topic =).
1.  I don't really understand what values get populated for "current date",
"status date", and "publish date".  Can you explain how PWA determines those
entries.
2.  I tried to tweak the overdue items formula by using this formula:
"IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [% Complete]<100,"red","green")".  Now I
would expect it to populate that field with either "red" or "green" depending
on if it meets the criteria.  Furthermore I would like to use graphical
indicators to show red or green stoplights.  However, I cannot get this
formula to work - in data view it is blank for all tasks and when I try to
setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they are not valid.  What
am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Robert

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> 1) Add them to Project Server as enterprise custom fields.
> 2) Create and save/publish a schedule (or save/publish existing schedule)
> 3) In the views, add a filter on the field you created in the Enterprise
> Custom Fields area
>
> And yeah, Project Server can be quite a bear to implement.  It does require
> a fair bit of specialized technical and domain knowledge.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Okay, so I thought I was just going to be entering the formulas you
> > supplied under "Filter" when you're editing a view.  Obviously this is
> > not the case =).  As a disclaimer, I am VERY new to PS2K7 and PAW, but
> > have been tasked by my company to put together a demo for a customer
> > so I need to figure it out.  Can you give me the cliff notes on how to
> > 1) where and how to create these flag formulas and 2) how to use them
> > in a view?  Sorry for all of the hand holding but this is turning out
> > to be quite a complicated piece of software =/.
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
> >
> >> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current
> >> date.  PWA will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only
> >> way to filter your views would be based on the Current Date (as of
> >> publishing), the Publish Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date
> >> (as of publishing).  Personally, I prefer the Status Date as that is
> >> the last time the project was truly up to date.
> >>
> >> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in
> >> developing a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
> >>
> >> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current
> >> Date],2400),Yes,No),No) - all open tasks that have started or will
> >> start in the next week, based on the current date as of the publish
> >> event.
> >>
> >> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([%
> >> Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline Finish]<[Status
> >> Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> >> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress
> >> slipping tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
> >>
> >> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do
> >> that in a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that
> >> would not be the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on
> >> non-updated schedules - depending on how long has elapsed between the
> >> Publish date and Today's date.
> >>
> >> - Andrew Lavinsky
> >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >> .
> >>

> .

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

Bill Summary skips Apay due dates
I know I saw something about this some time ago but I can't find the info anymore. Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Version 16.0.120.1303 Bank - Wachovia Issue: I have 2 monthly Apays that I set up on Wachovia's website which were downloaded into Money's Bill Summary. I looked today and, though the next payment that hadn't posted to the register should be due 10/20/2008 the Due Date showing in Bill Summary was 3/20/2009. I've canceled the Apays and re-created them but I know this is a chronic issue. I already went through the full file repair process a while ago and ...

How to put todays date in one cell then the next cell adds x days
What formula do I need to allow me to enter a date (todays) in one cell the the next cell will give me a date x days into the future answer via bgray@redcross.org.au bob Cell one: =Today() Cell two: =C1+x -- Regards, Fred "trekkies" <trekkies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DEFBC3C-4FCD-4A15-B20B-6720DE4A30E1@microsoft.com... > What formula do I need to allow me to enter a date (todays) in one cell the > the next cell will give me a date x days into the future > > answer via bgray@redcross.org.au > > bob ...

How to link an Excel file due date to Outlook calendar date?
I have a chart that displays two important due dates. I'd like to link them to Outlook calendar. ...

Moving tasks in any order we want them in
We are currently using Outlook 2000 for Windows. We wish to move tasks in any order as we see fit using drag and drop. We have read newsgroup messages that imply that some Outlook versions or packages have drag and drop ordering of tasks. Which versions of Outlook for windows have this feature? I don't know of any versions of Outlook that have this feature. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Ref...

Future date with six day week including holidays
can anyone help me with this a. how to get future date (like WORKDAY Function) but the formula should include saturdays as work day excluding sundays and holidays. for example if 2 mar 10 is the starting date then plus 15 days including 2 holidays (say 5 mar 10 & 9 mar 10) and sundays (i.e. 7 mar & 14 mar) the to be arrived should be 20 mar 10. and the formula should also check if the date arrived is a saturday then it should add following sunday i.e in above case it should become 21 mar 10 :) -- ajitexcel Hi The following array entered formula is based upo...

ol2000 slow loading folders/tasks
laptop running independently and networked takes an inordinate amount of time to load folders as well as perform tasks like delete Intermittent problem but an annoyance nonetheless thank you ...

SSIS FTP Agent Task Trouble
I am trying to finish a project that requires SQL Server 2008 SSIS package to send files to another server. The server is not in our domain and we need to make this happen with SSIS FTP. The job runs great in test as I am signed into the server running it manually. Running the job from the Agent bombs - it's sending the Logon ID OK but the password is not coming so the job fails. I am new to SSIS FTP and I know this must be a variable and passing along the code in a file. I simply don't know how to make it happen code wise and were to put the variables in the SSI...

Error: Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store
Getting this error in Outlook 2000. Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store Microsoft's only suggestion is to see hotfix, but can't access sed hotfix, and a post SP3 SP has not yet been released. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks ...

How do I add <next record> field in a mail merge?
(1) Please use the large white space to ask your question. (2) What is it you're trying to do? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD0EDAB2-9926-4F49-AE99-259BD4731F08@microsoft.com... > Publisher does not support Next Record or other mail merge fields like this. You can use the Catalog Merge in Publisher 2003, or you can get Publisher to tile multiple records on one page (e.g. for business cards) by setting the page size to less than half the paper size in either direction. -- Ed Benn...

formulas for round numbers up to next dolllar
I need to create a worksheet for work. I need to take original cost of merchandise, divide by 3, then multiply that amount by 8. The final amount needs to be taken to the next whole number. Here is a example of what I need to do. $245 / 3 = $81.67 X 8 = $653.33 the final amount needs to be $654.00 Hi =ROUNDUP(245/3*8,0) -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "dewberryz" <dewberryz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F2918A9-A3FD-4AFF-B2BC-608A5EF9433B@microsoft.com... | I need to create a worksheet for work. I need to take original cost of...

template for Membership Dues Invoice
I need a template for Membership Dues, any suggestions? May be something at....... http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/CT063459131033.aspx Or if nothing there, look at the Template Gallery index. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:55:05 -0800, "bgold" <bgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a template for Membership Dues, any suggestions? ...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Updating Tasks Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003, XP Pro SP3 Here is the scenario. I set up and allocate a task, which is sent by email to the lucky candidate for the job. Later I wish to add my notes to the task, which is not allowed, except as an updated task to the task nominee. (for example "the task is to chase up an overdue widget order. Today the supplier, Fred, rings me and I want to make the following update in the task, and send to the task nominee:- "Fred rang re the overdue widget order; said he has lost it, can you send to him again please") These notes are not saved in the body o...

ssis
Do you know links for samples about the use of output parameters with the EXECUTE SQL TASK Only real world samples, because i bought "Professional sql server 2005 Integration Services" But the sample doesn't work Hi Can you explain what are you trying to achive? You can use stored procedure with OUTPUT parameter and insert the value either into a variable or table "Graziano" <graziano.montagna@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:4b5c7461$0$6826$5fc30a8@news.tiscali.it... > Do you know links for samples about the use of output paramet...

Can VBA modify Task Schedular tasks in XP
Hi, I have a lot of schedualed tasks where I need to be able to quickly adjust the start time on a regular basis. I was wondering if there was a way VBA could modify the tasks in task schedular? I'd be looking to at least be able to adjust the start time but preferably also delete and add tasks. As an alternative, could I have excel run a file that's associated with an application? And if I could, how could I run it around the clock so it could do the same thing as XP Task Schedular? Thanks, MikeZz If you get the superb .dll file tskschd.dll, written by Edanm...

PS2007: Task actuals appearing out of nowhere
One of my resources recently ran into a very strange problem. One of her tasks was filled in with actuals over a lengthy period (2+ weeks) with an even spread of 0.025 hours per day, totaling to 7.5 hours (1 day of work). She had entered some time towards that task previously, but the task still had remaining work. The task still has remaining work too - just this one day of work appeared from somewhere and got spread over the length of the task up to the current date. Neither the project manager or the resource can think of anything they've done that could have resulted i...

Getting outlook to not show finished tasks
In outlook 2003 when I open up the Tasks panel I see a list of tasks, amoung them all the tasks that have already been completed with a strike through them. Is there any way to get outlook to not show these tasks that clutter up the display? Thanks for any help you can offer! Shane C. <smchism@gmail.com> wrote: > In outlook 2003 when I open up the Tasks panel I see a list of tasks, > amoung them all the tasks that have already been completed with a > strike through them. > > Is there any way to get outlook to not show these tasks that clutter > up the display? Vi...

No workspace displayed after clicking on Next
Hello, There appears to be an error in the behaviour of the PWA home page when attempting to view the 'next' set of projects beyond the first page. Redo steps: - open the PWA home page - select to view "All workspaces" - scroll to the bottom of the page - after "(items 1 to 100)" select the 'Next >' link - rather than displaying the next set of workspaces, the page contains a list of only those workspaces where the user is the owner (some of which were in the previous 1 to 100 list) This doesn't occur when using admin account. ...

Spreading date range across days in weeks (advanced)
Hello This particular problem has been causing me some consternation, and I was wondering if anyone has already solved this problem or has a creative solution I have a date range, and I would like to convert that into how many days in each week correspond to that range. Example Consider a range of an employee’s working dates. Lets say I have two input fields: Start date (A3) and end date (B3), and want to be able to count the number of days in each week C3: F3. Consider March of 2010, so Week 1 commences on 01/03/2010, Week 2 commences on 08/03/2010, etc. The star...

How do I make a one-week calendar?
Where do I find a template for a one-week calendar which has the days going across the top of a 8 1/2 x 11 landscape? If not in Excel, anyplace else? I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And you could search google, too. Editor wrote: > > Where do I find a template for a one-week calendar which has the days going > across the top of a 8 1/2 x 11 landscape? If not in Excel, anyplace else? -- Dave Peterson "Dave Peterson" wrote: > I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: >...

Visio
Hi, I have a very important presentation to give and am planning to give using visio but however am new to visio environment. Thepresentation is about say the task carried by 2 companies during a project that is the 2 companies share different responsibilities during project implementation The flow is: Comany A Task 1 Comapany B Task 2 Task 3 Company A Task 4 Company B Task 5 Task 6 The flow can be analogous to a computer program flow Can anyone help me how 2 implement in visio?? ------=_NextPart_0001_A4AC1F58 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Don't ...

Can anyone suggest a good scheduling template for weekly shifts?
Am looking for help in scheduling two teams of five (5) persons....7am to 3pm, and 3pm to 11pm...Mon-Sat. (Sundays off). Furthermore...of the teams of five, the team covering 3pm to 11pm would give up one to cover 11pm to 3am... Major holidays off. (covered by On Call assignments) and minor holidays short staffing. Any suggestions? Am tired of doing it the "way we've always done it!" Thanks Hi, I have done something similiar (not very advanced) - you can take a look, maybe it will help you: http://blog.jausovec.net/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=165&blogI...

Does the cost basis change over time due to exchange rates?
Does Money keep track of the cost basis for investments in foreign currence in the base currency or in the investment currency? The reason I ask is because I have investments where the cost basis amount in foreign currency is different from the buy amount in foreign currency. I would have expected the cost basis to stay fixed in the investment currency but it could be that it changes with the exchang rate towards the base currency. Does someone know about this? Thanks. Are we talking about what Money does or how the tax laws work? I'm betting the answer to the latter is that your...

Specifying next cell to jump to using Tab
I'm using an Excel sheet for a form that using would fill out. Some of the cells are to fill and other cells are labels and guidance text. Is it possible to specify which cell the cursor jumps to when hitting the Tab key? So when the user is in a cell to be filled in, by hitting Tab, he'd jump to the next cell for entry. Thx Maybe Data > Form would work better for you. See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:%23OKGNulQGHA...