tasks due in the next week/tasks overdue

I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that display:
1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter and I
recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something like
that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar where
Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
Thanks!

The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current date.  PWA
will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only way to filter your
views would be based on the Current Date (as of publishing), the Publish
Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date (as of publishing).  Personally,
I prefer the Status Date as that is the last time the project was truly up
to date.

Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in developing
a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:

1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2400),Yes,No),No)
- all open tasks that have started or will start in the next week, based
on the current date as of the publish event.

2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([% Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline
Finish]<[Status Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress slipping
tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.

If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do that in
a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that would not be
the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated schedules
- depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
date.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
> display:
> 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
> and I
> recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
> like
> that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
> 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
> where
> Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
> Thanks!

0
Andrew
1/8/2010 2:31:30 PM
Thanks for the info...I will give this a shot and see how it works out.
Looking at those formulas is like looking at another language to me.  Does
anyone have any good resource (online and free hopefully) for learning how to
put together formulas like this.
Thanks again,
Robert

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current date.  PWA
> will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only way to filter your
> views would be based on the Current Date (as of publishing), the Publish
> Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date (as of publishing).  Personally,
> I prefer the Status Date as that is the last time the project was truly up
> to date.
>
> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in developing
> a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
>
> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2400),Yes,No),No)
> - all open tasks that have started or will start in the next week, based
> on the current date as of the publish event.
>
> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([% Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline
> Finish]<[Status Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress slipping
> tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
>
> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do that in
> a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that would not be
> the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated schedules
> - depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
> date.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
> > display:
> > 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
> > and I
> > recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
> > like
> > that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
> > 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
> > where
> > Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
> > Thanks!
>

> .

Okay, so I thought I was just going to be entering the formulas you supplied
under "Filter" when you're editing a view.  Obviously this is not the case
=).  As a disclaimer, I am VERY new to PS2K7 and PAW, but have been tasked by
my company to put together a demo for a customer so I need to figure it out.
Can you give me the cliff notes on how to 1) where and how to create these
flag formulas and 2) how to use them in a view?  Sorry for all of the hand
holding but this is turning out to be quite a complicated piece of software
=/.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current date.  PWA
> will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only way to filter your
> views would be based on the Current Date (as of publishing), the Publish
> Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date (as of publishing).  Personally,
> I prefer the Status Date as that is the last time the project was truly up
> to date.
>
> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in developing
> a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
>
> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],2400),Yes,No),No)
> - all open tasks that have started or will start in the next week, based
> on the current date as of the publish event.
>
> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([% Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline
> Finish]<[Status Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress slipping
> tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
>
> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do that in
> a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that would not be
> the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated schedules
> - depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
> date.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
> > display:
> > 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
> > and I
> > recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
> > like
> > that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
> > 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
> > where
> > Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.
> > Thanks!
>

> .

Robert:

Seriously, tell your boss that if they want to win the business, they'll
bring in an EPM partner to partner with, or someone from Microsoft to do the
demo. The latter solution is a desperate choice and doesn't get the work
done for the client unless you turn it over to MCS. There is no way for
someone to approach this system blind and get up to speed in just a few
months, let alone a in a matter of days.

SAP makes some keen ERP software, could you throw a demo of that together by
the end of next week?<g>

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Robert Juarez" <RobertJuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on non-updated
>> schedules
>> - depending on how long has elapsed between the Publish date and Today's
>> date.
>>
>> - Andrew Lavinsky
>> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>>
>> > I want to create 2 different views for a project in PWA for PS2K7 that
>> > display:
>> > 1.  All tasks due within the next week.  I know I need to do a filter
>> > and I
>> > recall somewhere seeing something like Finish=[Today]+5 or something
>> > like
>> > that, but I can't remember exactly.  I'm hoping someone can help.
>> > 2. All tasks past due.  I'm guessing this would be something similar
>> > where
>> > Finish<Today and % Complete "not equal" to 100, but I'm not sure.

0
Gary
1/8/2010 7:36:23 PM
Okay, further questions on this topic =).
1.  I'm a little confused about how "current date", "status date", and
"publish date" are calculated.  Can you please explain?  I would assume
"current date" always means today, but I could be off.  Also, how is the time
used when calculating these?  In formula 1 below you used "2400".
2.  I tried to do a variation of the past due formula that you provided
below using graphical indicators and this formula "IIf([Finish]<[Current
Date] And [% Complete]<100,"Red, Overdue","Green, Not Overdue")".  However, I
cannot get it work.  Even with just the Data view, nothing is populated in
this field (I would expect each task to return one of the two text values),
and when I try to use a graphical indicator view it keeps telling me that
they are not valid.  Is something wrong with this formula?

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> 1) Add them to Project Server as enterprise custom fields.
> 2) Create and save/publish a schedule (or save/publish existing schedule)
> 3) In the views, add a filter on the field you created in the Enterprise
> Custom Fields area
>
> And yeah, Project Server can be quite a bear to implement.  It does require
> a fair bit of specialized technical and domain knowledge.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Okay, so I thought I was just going to be entering the formulas you
> > supplied under "Filter" when you're editing a view.  Obviously this is
> > not the case =).  As a disclaimer, I am VERY new to PS2K7 and PAW, but
> > have been tasked by my company to put together a demo for a customer
> > so I need to figure it out.  Can you give me the cliff notes on how to
> > 1) where and how to create these flag formulas and 2) how to use them
> > in a view?  Sorry for all of the hand holding but this is turning out
> > to be quite a complicated piece of software =/.
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
> >
> >> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current
> >> date.  PWA will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only
> >> way to filter your views would be based on the Current Date (as of
> >> publishing), the Publish Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date
> >> (as of publishing).  Personally, I prefer the Status Date as that is
> >> the last time the project was truly up to date.
> >>
> >> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in
> >> developing a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
> >>
> >> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current
> >> Date],2400),Yes,No),No) - all open tasks that have started or will
> >> start in the next week, based on the current date as of the publish
> >> event.
> >>
> >> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([%
> >> Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline Finish]<[Status
> >> Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> >> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress
> >> slipping tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
> >>
> >> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do
> >> that in a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that
> >> would not be the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on
> >> non-updated schedules - depending on how long has elapsed between the
> >> Publish date and Today's date.
> >>
> >> - Andrew Lavinsky
> >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >> .
> >>

> .

Okay, so a few more questions on this topic =).
1.  I don't really understand what values get populated for "current date",
"status date", and "publish date".  Can you explain how PWA determines those
entries.
2.  I tried to tweak the overdue items formula by using this formula:
"IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [% Complete]<100,"red","green")".  Now I
would expect it to populate that field with either "red" or "green" depending
on if it meets the criteria.  Furthermore I would like to use graphical
indicators to show red or green stoplights.  However, I cannot get this
formula to work - in data view it is blank for all tasks and when I try to
setup the graphical indicator it keeps telling me they are not valid.  What
am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Robert

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> 1) Add them to Project Server as enterprise custom fields.
> 2) Create and save/publish a schedule (or save/publish existing schedule)
> 3) In the views, add a filter on the field you created in the Enterprise
> Custom Fields area
>
> And yeah, Project Server can be quite a bear to implement.  It does require
> a fair bit of specialized technical and domain knowledge.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Okay, so I thought I was just going to be entering the formulas you
> > supplied under "Filter" when you're editing a view.  Obviously this is
> > not the case =).  As a disclaimer, I am VERY new to PS2K7 and PAW, but
> > have been tasked by my company to put together a demo for a customer
> > so I need to figure it out.  Can you give me the cliff notes on how to
> > 1) where and how to create these flag formulas and 2) how to use them
> > in a view?  Sorry for all of the hand holding but this is turning out
> > to be quite a complicated piece of software =/.
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:
> >
> >> The challenge will be to dynamically filter based on the current
> >> date.  PWA will not support this in Project Detail views.  The only
> >> way to filter your views would be based on the Current Date (as of
> >> publishing), the Publish Date (as of publishing), or the Status Date
> >> (as of publishing).  Personally, I prefer the Status Date as that is
> >> the last time the project was truly up to date.
> >>
> >> Here's a couple of flag formulas you can use to start with in
> >> developing a filter.  You may have to refine for your specific needs:
> >>
> >> 1) IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current
> >> Date],2400),Yes,No),No) - all open tasks that have started or will
> >> start in the next week, based on the current date as of the publish
> >> event.
> >>
> >> 2) IIf([Status Date]=ProjDateValue("NA"),No,IIf([%
> >> Complete]=100,No,IIf([Baseline Finish]<[Status
> >> Date],Yes,IIf([Baseline Start]<[Status Date],IIf([Finish
> >> Variance]>0,Yes,No),No)))) - all past due tasks and in progress
> >> slipping tasks, based on the Status Date as of the publish event.
> >>
> >> If you truly want to filter on today's date, you would need to do
> >> that in a SQL query with SQL Reporting Services.  In my opinion, that
> >> would not be the way to go, as that would be displaying data based on
> >> non-updated schedules - depending on how long has elapsed between the
> >> Publish date and Today's date.
> >>
> >> - Andrew Lavinsky
> >> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >> .
> >>

> .

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...

excel 07 Dynamic copy certain cells if criteria is met onto next s
Good Day, I have to take (certain) data from one sheet to another if a particular cell is not blank dynamically. F400 PROJ 8029 3/18/10 7.25 12 F400 ACT 8029 3/19/10 KF10-0005 EVANS 9 13 F200 PROJ 8726 3/24/10 7.25 10 F200 ACT 8726 3/25/10 KF10-0006 JOCHEN 13 19 D400 PROJ 62 3/12/10 7.25 12 D400 ACT 62 3/11/10 K10-0039 PALAS 14 20 D200 PROJ 4327 3/30/10 7.25 10 D200 ACT 4327 3/29/10 K10-0040 PALAS This is what my rows look like. First row is projected data (filled out ahead of the project starting) Second row is actual data (filled out as the project progresses...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

Remove overdue tapes / Remove tapes from library
Hi, How can I delete overdue tape or remove tapes from the library/pretection group? We've used tapes in the testfase without barcode labels. These tapes do have a a barcode label now, but dpm expects tapes without a barcode label. These aren't available anymore. Can I remove these, so they won't be listed as overdue in the tape management report? No-one?...

Synchronising tasks
I have an application that creates tasks on a database and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. The problem is if the user edited or deleted the outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on tasks saved on the database. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks in advance ! "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org... >I have an application that creates tasks on a database > and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. > The problem is if the user edited or deleted the > outlook tasks, I want the changes to...

Task manager in C#
How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU columns like in windows Task Manager? I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and process description column properties. Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" . How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost generic name ? Andrus. Andrus wrote: > How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU > columns like > in windows Task Manager? > > I looked into Process class but it does not have ...

Tasks
Whne I configure my current view to "active tasks", it still shows tasks that are completed and crossed off as well as upcoming tasks. I thought that it only supposed to show tasks that are not yet complete. Any help here would be appreciated. ...

Dashes in Repeating Task
If I have text in a Repeating Task, when I mark the task complete, the newly-generated task has twelve (12) dashes (------------) before the text. Why are the dashes being placed, and how do I suppress it? If there is no text in the Repeating Task, no dashes are inserted. ...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

How to sort task due data ascending, tasks w/o dates last?
I have a long task list, most tasks don't have due dates. Some do. I want my tasks listed with the earliest due task on top, followed by the next earliest (due date ascending sort order), but I also want those tasks w/o due dates to come after the task with the latest due date. Problem is in due date ascending order, tasks w/o dates come first before any dated tasks. To me this is remarkably silly because who would ever want tasks w/o due dates to list before tasks w/due dates when sorting by due date? ...

Increase Task Name Display Length in My Tasks
Hi! I have a suggestion for you... The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters. That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change it. Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on the task to see the full name is not user friendly. This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly. Thank you for your consideration! Stacey Shearn ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft ...

Rounding date field up to next first of month, with existing formu
I have a spreadsheet that has the following 4 columns. Term End Date Evg Term Days Notice Next Avail Termination Date The column "Next Avail Termination Date" has a formula that has the current logic applied: If Todays Date is greater than the Term End Date minus the Days Notice, and the Evg Term = MO, then the Next Avail Termination Date = Today plus Days Notice. This is working fine with this formula: =IF(AND(TODAY()>A2-C2,B2="mo"),TODAY()+C2) However, I need to add one more piece of formula, and I can't quite figure out how. ...