Tasks Do Not Show up in My Tasks

I created a project and assigned a resource to each task.  I published the
project and the resource received an email notifying him that he was assigned
new tasks.  When he goes to My Tasks the new tasks are not there.  We tried
changing the view options but the project tasks do not appear.

When I view the tasks for the resource in the resource center my project and
all the tasks are listed.  He is his own assignment owner.

Is there something I'm doing wrong.

Thank you,

Leilani831

Leilani831 --

If you open the project and then click Tools - Build Team from Enterprise,
is the Booking value for the resource set to Committed?  If not, change it
from Proposed to Committed and then republish the project.  Let us know if
this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Leilani831" <Leilani831@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a project and assigned a resource to each task.  I published the
> project and the resource received an email notifying him that he was
> assigned
> new tasks.  When he goes to My Tasks the new tasks are not there.  We
> tried
> changing the view options but the project tasks do not appear.
>
> When I view the tasks for the resource in the resource center my project
> and
> all the tasks are listed.  He is his own assignment owner.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Leilani831

0
Dale
12/2/2009 1:34:33 AM
some other option is that you marked the "show only current tasks" in
the "my tasks" view and you set the dates to the future (more then 10
days ahead)

Hanni
0
hanni
12/2/2009 3:19:38 PM
All the resources say committed.  All the tasks start within the next 10
days.  We tried clicking and unclicking "show only current tasks" and they
still did not appear.

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> Leilani831 --
>
> If you open the project and then click Tools - Build Team from Enterprise,
> is the Booking value for the resource set to Committed?  If not, change it
> from Proposed to Committed and then republish the project.  Let us know if
> this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Leilani831" <Leilani831@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a project and assigned a resource to each task.  I published the
> > project and the resource received an email notifying him that he was
> > assigned
> > new tasks.  When he goes to My Tasks the new tasks are not there.  We
> > tried
> > changing the view options but the project tasks do not appear.
> >
> > When I view the tasks for the resource in the resource center my project
> > and
> > all the tasks are listed.  He is his own assignment owner.
> >
> > Is there something I'm doing wrong.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Leilani831
> >

> .

I'm sure the resource is logging into PWA with his own credentials.  He sees
other tasks from other projects, just not the new ones I assigned, but I see
them in the resource center under his name so I know the right resource is on
the project.  He does not have access to the other PWA sites, just the
production environment.

When playing with the filters we were able to get one of the tasks appear.
Could it be something with the project or task view?  Will they appear
eventually?

Thank you,

Lelani831

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Just thinking out loud:
>
> 1) Are you sure the resource is logging into PWA with his own credentials?
>  Sometimes the wrong ones can get stuck in there.  Click on the option in
> the top right to log out and back in.
> 2) Are you sure the resource is going to the right PWA site?  Sometimes folks
> get PROD and TEST mixed up and log in to the wrong ones.
>

> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > resources say committed. All the tasks start within the next 10 days.
> > We tried clicking and unclicking "show only current tasks" and they
> > still did not appear
> >

> .

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

Show average value as a horizontal line in a column chart
Have created a column chart showing world GDP and World Merchandise Exports(Annual percentage change) for the years 1995 to 2005. Want to show the average GDP growth (1995-2005) and average export growth (1995-2005), both as horizontal dotted lines on the chart. How do I do it? I am using Microsoft office XP pro. Hi Fenil, Two methods explained. First to start from scratch and second to add the line to an existing chart. Start from scratch method: Create an additional column for average. Insert column header and formula in first cell of range and copy down for the full length of the...

Assigning Tasks
Does any one know why when a user creates a task and assigns it to another user it leaves the original user’s calendar? If at all possible I am looking for a way around this behavior -- Thank you in advance Because, the calendar only displays your activities. If you assign it to someone else then you don't own it. To overcome this, you would probably be better off creating a custom calendar that had the ability to display your activities and any that you created. SDK job. Stephen "Sequenzia" <Sequenzia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26D5051...

RECURRING TASKS subtotal
In Project 2007 - when I set a recurring task such as a meeting for every week, i get what I assume to be the elapsed time between the first and last occurance of the recurring meeting. Can I get the summary task to show just the total of all the meeting times IE if each meeting is 1 hour, and there are 3 of them, 3 hours. Currently it shows something like 72 hours! Thank you This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAD62E.9A480010 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0028_01CAD62E.9A480010" ------=_N...

show date in proper format
hi, If i enter this formula "Date: " & today() it shows Date in digit value i.e. Date: 40042. I want it to show Date: 17/08/2009 How? Mosaddeq Try ="Date: " & TEXT(TODAY();"dd/mm/yyyy") Wkr, JP "Mosaddeq Aziz" <mosaddeq@ymail.com> wrote in message news:OAUwDO1HKHA.6068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > hi, > > If i enter this formula "Date: " & today() > > it shows Date in digit value i.e. Date: 40042. > > I want it to show Date: 17/08/2009 > > How? > > Mosaddeq > thanks. works perf...

Tasks & Calendar is same view?
Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the calendar. Help. Thanks. Joe wrote: > Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the > same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar > view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can > drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the > calendar. Help. Thanks. In Outlook 2003 atleast you can open two windows at one time - in ...

How do I calculate amortization to show months?
I am trying to set up a spread sheet where I can determine the number of months it will take after investing about $2mil at a 10% rate to see my first return. Look in HELP for the NPER function. Don't forget to divide your % by 12 if you need the number of months. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8619030B-6582-4C02-AC2D-CCE1D06D0327@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a spread sheet where I can determine the number of > months it will take after investing about $2mil at a 1...

Recent Documents list do not show
Having Windows 7 on new machine, installed MS Office 2007, but have a problem with program displaying recent documents. Set up shows 17 documents in Advanced settings. Have to open documents from Word/Excel directory, and it then shows in recent document list. Remains listed for the day. load up next day, and no documents listed. If anyone can advise what can be done to correct would be appreciated. Regards Phil B ...

Task in MS Outlook 2000
I want to know if there is a way that I sent send a task in MS outlook to a "DL" or to one person and CC to more then one? Thanks Amir Fakhrawi CRM - Assistant Manager You can send to a DL or one person but you cannot CC anyone. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Amir Fakhrawi asked: | I want to know if there is a way that I sent send a tas...

Show certain information for each bank?
Each bank is associated with a bank number for which we established 6 different numbers. Examople: 4006-xxxxx, 5006-xxxxx, 7006-xxxxx and 8006-xxxxx depenting on thier location or zone. Each bank carries business loans and if a business has an outstanding loan it is assigned a number between 1 and 5. If it is paid off it is assigned a different number between 5-10. If it will be paid off in less than 6 months it is assigned another number between 1-6. Then we have different numbers for such things as late payments, payments past 30, 60 90 days etc. I have 3 tabs for each of the above (p...

Charitable Donations not showing up in Tax Category
When I run a tax report for 2005, only 4 of my charitable donations showed up. Yet when I go to that category (Charitable Donations) and run a category report for the year, I have about 10 listed. Why isn't the tax report picking them up? Thanks, Mark MS Money 2003 Deluxe Check the Tax Line association stuff in Category Details for each of your subcategories. "ATHiker95" <athiker95@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1141861753.002183.218550@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I run a tax report for 2005, only 4 of my charitable donations > showed up. Yet when I ...

Task Pane Integration with CRM Contact Records
Hi, I am still new to CRM and recently saw the ability for an Office 2003 users, say in Word, to use the Shared Workspace Pane (I think) to connect to CRM and create merged documents using XML tags. The user would bring up the template which had the tags, then in the shared workspace pane choose a button (?) to access CRM then pick a contact record and it merged into the template, sort of DDE style I think? I think the system required SharePoint, BizTalk, Integration Framework and CRM with Office 2003, but this is where I am very fuzzy. We do not require Sharepoint in this installi...

clipart window not showing
when i click on the insert clipart icon nothing happens but when i open wordpad and insert an object i can select clipart and the clipart manager shows up. i have tried reinstalling publisher 2000 twice and still no luck. I am running windows xp sp2. Can you open the Gallery at all? The Gallery is in a folder similar to this: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry\CAG.EXE" Double-click the CAG icon, does the Gallery open? If it does, right-click any image in the catalog, click recover. If that doesn't do it, double-click the "artgalry.exe", a messa...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Show all formulas?
Hello all, Is there a way th have all formulas in a sheet shown, so I can print it out with formulas showing? thanks, Confused Man Ctrl + ` -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Confused Man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in message news:FcCdnSCTJvHTde3fRVn-tw@adelphia.com... > Hello all, > > Is there a way th have all formulas in a sheet shown, so I can print it out > with formulas showing? > > thanks, > Confused Man > > "Confused Man" <bfbj@iup.edu>ha scritto nel messaggio FcCdnSC...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

"Reports" shows CC payment as expense?
Hi I'm using Money 2007, and I'm trying to view the "Reports". I have a checking account and credit card account. Even though I classify my credit card payments as "Credit Card Transfers/Payments" the Reports still shows those payments as Expenses. I purchase everything on my credit card, so it doubles the amount of expenses I have, instead of showing it as a transfer. For example if I charge $100 to my credit card, then pay off that credit card with my checking account, Money shows that I spent $200. $100 on the c/c and $100 paying the c/c. How can I correct...

Tasks Folder corrupt
OS: Win XP 5.1.2600 SP1 Application: Outlook 2002 SP2 connected to: Exchange Server 2003 Problem: When I click on the tasks folder it disappears and Outlook exits itsself. Sometimes there is a dialog, which asks if I like to report this malfunction to Microsoft. Now I'm working with a new tasks folder, which is not a system folder. This is OK, but I can't use the reminder function, which seems to be only available in the system folder. How can I reactivate my tasks system folder? Every idea is appreciated. Regards Werner There is a command line switch that may help, go to the...

Modified Report showing the data from a SQL VIEW
We have created a SQL VIEW in a company database, and we wish the REPORT WRITER able to get the data from this SQL VIEW and then show it in the modified report (eg, RM Statement On Blank Paper), whether by using Dexterity Programming, Smart builder or whichever method. Hope you can provide some guidance on this matter. Many thanks in advance. P/S: GP 10 SP4, SQL 2008 Standard Hi wkz0 I think Mariano Gomez responded to a question like this (if not this question) in the other Forum. David Musgrave has an article on this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/ar...

System Attendant's task blocked
Hi, I am getting an error for system manager (below). Any ideas. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 3/5/2007 Time: 3:25:12 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: Mailbox Manager For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

Task durations- Office Project Standard 2007
How do I "unlock" a duration? The up and down arrows are locked. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01CAC87B.3DA979D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Ott, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) I guess you're looking at a Summary task - it will have a bold font. = The Duration of a summary is the working Duration between the start of = the first task to the finish of the last task that it is summarising. It = is calculated by Project and thu...

The only available task I have in the Exchange Task Wizard is.....
The only available task I have in the Exchange Task Wizard is Enabling/Disabling Instant Message...all others are missing. I need the "Create Mailbox" task...is there a way to add tasks? Is there another way to add a mailbox to an existing user account? I can create new accounts and the other options appear on the task list. Thanks, Aquiles On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:05:34 -0700, "Aquiles" <Aquiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The only available task I have in the Exchange Task Wizard >is Enabling/Disabling Instant Message...all others are >missing. I ...

Import Outlook Task Form Data Into Access
I have several public task folders from which I would like to import the task information into Access including some form data. I've tried the table linking deal but it doesn't include the start date and other form data. I know the EntryIDs and StoreIDs but can't figure out how to make it import. Any ideas? Here's my current code: ' Set up DAO objects (uses existing "tblTasks" table) Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("tblTasks") ' Set up Outlook objects. Dim ol As New Outlook.Application Dim olns A...

Macro as Scheduled Task
I have created a shortcut that launches GP and automatically runs a macro (per TK# 855677). I am now trying to schedule this to run on a Server 2003 machine using Scheduled Tasks. I've tried entering the entire command line (see below) - with and without the qutoes; I've tried entring just the macro (by associating .MAC with Dynamics.exe), and I have tried putting the entire command line into a .BAT file, and running that in Scheduled Tasks. The 'Last Run Time' of the task changes, and sometimes the status shows 'Running' but nothing else appears to be happeni...