Still Getting Decimals in Actuals!

Hello,

We are still having problems with actual hrs changing from while
numbers to apparently random decimals.  We are using MOPS 2007 that is
fully patched except for the most recent Feb. 2010 CU.  We do not use
Timesheets and we do not have the "Restrict Updates to Project Web
Access" option selected.

All help is appreciated as this problem is getting worse and it is
affecting the accuracy of our billing.  I am happy to provide any
additional details the MVPs may need to help me diagnose the problem.

Thanks!
0
Bryan

Bryan:

This MVP suggests that you open a case with Microsoft, pronto! I know it's
painful, but it's your best bet.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Bryan" <bambino1083@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are still having problems with actual hrs changing from while
> numbers to apparently random decimals.  We are using MOPS 2007 that is
> fully patched except for the most recent Feb. 2010 CU.  We do not use
> Timesheets and we do not have the "Restrict Updates to Project Web
> Access" option selected.
>
> All help is appreciated as this problem is getting worse and it is
> affecting the accuracy of our billing.  I am happy to provide any
> additional details the MVPs may need to help me diagnose the problem.
>
> Thanks!

0
Gary
3/18/2010 9:33:46 PM
On Mar 18, 2:33=A0pm, "Gary L. Chefetz" <g...@nospam.chefetz.org> wrote:
> Bryan:
>
> This MVP suggests that you open a case with Microsoft, pronto! I know it'=
> painful, but it's your best bet.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business:http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs:http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG:http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Bryan" <bambino1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > We are still having problems with actual hrs changing from while
> > numbers to apparently random decimals. =A0We are using MOPS 2007 that i=
> > fully patched except for the most recent Feb. 2010 CU. =A0We do not use
> > Timesheets and we do not have the "Restrict Updates to Project Web
> > Access" option selected.
>
> > All help is appreciated as this problem is getting worse and it is
> > affecting the accuracy of our billing. =A0I am happy to provide any
> > additional details the MVPs may need to help me diagnose the problem.
>
> > Thanks!

I opened a case with MS and while we haven't solved the issue yet, it
seems to stem from the fact that the actual hours and peak units
values do not match.  For example, the actual work is 6.32 hrs while
the peak unit value is 125% (based on a standard calendar of 8 hr work
days).  The correct value should be 10 hrs for 125% or 6.32 hrs for
79%.

I will post again when we come up with the solution.
0
Bryan
3/24/2010 9:46:37 PM
Bryan:

Peak Usage reflects that the resource at one period of time, worked 25% more
than the planned amount, and I doubt that it has anything to do with the
issue. I suspect that leftover garbage in the database is the cause and that
Microsoft support will be able to help you fix it.

--

> On Mar 18, 2:33 pm, "Gary L. Chefetz" <g...@nospam.chefetz.org> wrote:
>> Bryan:
>>
>> This MVP suggests that you open a case with Microsoft, pronto! I know
>> it's
>> painful, but it's your best bet.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> Business:http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs:http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG:http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "Bryan" <bambino1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hello,
>>
>> > We are still having problems with actual hrs changing from while
>> > numbers to apparently random decimals.  We are using MOPS 2007 that is
>> > fully patched except for the most recent Feb. 2010 CU.  We do not use
>> > Timesheets and we do not have the "Restrict Updates to Project Web
>> > Access" option selected.
>>
>> > All help is appreciated as this problem is getting worse and it is
>> > affecting the accuracy of our billing.  I am happy to provide any
>> > additional details the MVPs may need to help me diagnose the problem.
>>
>> > Thanks!
>
> I opened a case with MS and while we haven't solved the issue yet, it
> seems to stem from the fact that the actual hours and peak units
> values do not match.  For example, the actual work is 6.32 hrs while
> the peak unit value is 125% (based on a standard calendar of 8 hr work
> days).  The correct value should be 10 hrs for 125% or 6.32 hrs for
> 79%.
>
> I will post again when we come up with the solution.

0
Gary
3/25/2010 9:04:17 PM
Hi Bryan,
We had extensive random decimals issues but the December 2009 CU fixed it
completely but we have the "Restrict updates to PWA" option selected because
we only want task updates from the Team Members.  Here are a couple of things
to check;

1) Did you deploy the December 2009 CU to your server and all client PCs?
That CU had 2 parts - one for the server and another for the client.

2) Verify that the client PCs have the CU installed by checking the version
numbers.  The client release for Dec 2009 CU is 12.0.6524.5000.

3) It is possible that your PMs are updating tasks using the "% Complete"
instead of accepting actual hours as entered by team members.  Enabling the
"Restrict updates to PWA" option will fix that issue if your organization can
support that restriction.

"Bryan" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are still having problems with actual hrs changing from while
> numbers to apparently random decimals.  We are using MOPS 2007 that is
> fully patched except for the most recent Feb. 2010 CU.  We do not use
> Timesheets and we do not have the "Restrict Updates to Project Web
> Access" option selected.
>
> All help is appreciated as this problem is getting worse and it is
> affecting the accuracy of our billing.  I am happy to provide any
> additional details the MVPs may need to help me diagnose the problem.
>
> Thanks!
> .

Outlook still hanging
I have followed the advice from my last message - I have renamed the file to outcmd.old and I have disabled messenger in the Options. The problem only occurs when I try to send/receive. If I turn off send/receive every thing is OK but as soon as I try to manually receive or on opening, Outlook freezes still. please help Peter ...

How to set CEdit to ReadOnly but the background color still White?
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. How to do that? Thank you very much. Handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C081A07-E979-42C5-B56B-8F151B440757@microsoft.com... >I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. > > I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the > WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. > > How to do that? > > Thank you very much. I've tried it and it works. But I've got 2 M...

How can I get the version number of the installed Speech API?
Till now my MFC program uses TextToSpeech by means of the Speech SDK and SAPI 5.0. For a certain reason I must now use SAPI 5.1. Therefore I must make in my program the following decision: nothing yet installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.0 installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.1 installed => do nothing Can I somehow get in my MFC program the current SAPI version number with e.g. a SAPI function or similar? Thanks for any helpful comments. Eddy "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D51C8B3D-4996-43F8-8238-D8F15DC52...

Can't "Create Mail" or get addresses
I just upgraded from ME to XP. Everything seems to be OK except for Outlook Express. I can get all my mail fine but when I try the following, it starts looking for some file called data1.msi in Office. I can't find the CD it's asking for anywhere. What can I do????? 1) Can't find or import address book. 2) Can't get an empty mail window when I try to "Create Mail". 3) Can't double click and fully open any email. 4) Can't import address book from a .csv file or anything. HELP!!!! ...

CRM 3 STILL NOT GOOD
Just tried CRM 3 on the demo servers provided by Microsoft. After ALL THE TIME they spent on it . . . and it's STILL NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE! It lacks basic functionality found in earlier versions of ACT. And much is not intuitive (such as searching for accounts). I will not enjoy rolling this out to the sales reps as they will say that it's still not good. Even if you add a module like marketing, and yet neglect the basic problems with the software, you still don't have a truly good product. -- Brandon What sort of search functionality were you looking for ?. ...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

RAID 10 still best for DB's?
We run Exchange 2003 Enterprise. We have 3 Mailbox stores which had 1-2 databases in each and each maiailbox store in on a RAID 10 partition. We use to have them on RAID 5 at it was very slow sometimes, our average writes/reads to disk per second were sometimes hitting > 50 msecs. Now on RAID 10 we sometimes get the odd >30 msecs but many when backups are running. We are going to be upgrading our server soon, would RAID 10 be the best way? Plus we will eventually upgrade this new server to Exchange 2007. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:00:11 +0100, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> ...

Still losing pictures
I am still losing my graphics! Here is what has happened: Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they are all gone. I am using windows metafile images. Today,...

getting addresses off exchange server
Is there anyway that someone without a valid account on an exchange server to get a list of legitimate email addresses off an exchange server. I recently received spam that also had many users listed in the cc: field that are valid addresses in our company. What supprised me is that one of the names was from an account for a user that doesn't really exist but was created for a test, and wasn't used anywhere. "David Haskell" <david_haskell@NOSPAMkyzen.com> wrote: >Is there anyway that someone without a valid account on an exchange server >to get a list of leg...

how do you get a form to link to a datasheet that you created
ok here is my problem. I created a form from scratch. I gave off labels and text boxes with list boxes, and so forth. Basically I used all of these different things. So now I am trying to link my form to the database I created but it will not link, and because I created the form from scratch it says that it is unrelated. I am new to all of this and was wondering if anyone can tell me what code I am missing, or what I am forgetting. Thank you for taking the time to read this. As you are new to this, I am going to suggest that you use the form wizard to create that form with sub...

Outlook 2007 (RTM) New Mail Notification still not fixed?
I've searched the groups and found people experiencing problems with the new mail notification in Outlook 2007. The main problem is that the mail icon in the system tray will only appear when new mail arrives in the DEFAULT store inbox and stays there. If a rule moves the email to a different folder, no mail icon will show up, nor will it show up if email is delivered to an INBOX, but one that is not the default store (i.e. when using an exchange account and a POP account). So....I'm using the final Enterprise version, and the problem still exists. Rules can be created to show the...

Sheets not getting displayed
When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. Using windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation Are the sheets hidden? - - try Format, Sheets, Unhide, and unhide any required sheets listed there. Saj Francis Wrote: > When an excel file is opened the sheets are not getting displayed. > Using > windows XP. Pls help how to overcome this situation -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread:...

repeat question....still looking for an answer
how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the customer card? Also how are people handling the situation of no tax schedule ID available in CRM? I'm told that my customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Without a salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account, go back to GP and ...

can i get my outlook emails forwarded to my alltel email account
I am going out of town I want to be able to check my outlook email account, how do i do that. Can i forwards it to my alltel.net account. Any suggestions?? Without know your version of Outlook or mail account type, all anyone can offer is the generic "use rules to forward mail." Of course, you will need to leave Outlook open and your computer powered on. Better would be to use your ISP webmail interface while on vacation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be d...

Update in progress
When I upgraded to MO5, it duplicated a lot of my accounts. I kinda know why, but that's not the issue. In the Account List, those duplicate accounts indicated they were being updated. But it never goes away and manual updates won't work because another update is already in progress. I'm stuck in an endless, catch 22 loop. I even restarted the software and the updating remained. I deleted all the duplicate accounts, that were supposedly still updating, but there is one left "updating" which is not duplicate. So I can't delete it. How can I get MO5 to st...

I am getting an error at checkout for CC and Debits
I get this when i swip cards; 05: Must Balance Now This is the message in the approval box for my CC process in the elctronic draft status box. Please help me send email to jbobsnake@hotmail.com or post answer so i can fix this. THX, J This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C863FE.73E09440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you closed your credit card batch recently? Manager | Utilities | = Settle EDC Batch. This must be done nightly for the best rates = otherwise most processors c...

Columns now numbers rather than letters how do i get letters back
Somehow I have managed to accidentally change the column references to numbers rather than letters. How do I get these back? Not sure of the correct terminology but I am referring to where the rows are usually numbers and the columns usually letters. My columns are now also numbers! In EXCEL 2007:- Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Formulas - make sure that there is no tick in the box called:- R1C1 reference style EXCEL 2003 Tools / Options / General tab – remove tick from R1C1 Reference style. If my comments have he...

Function to check if CWnd still created
Hi, I'm looking fur a function to check if a CWnd pointer is still valid, what means that he window has not been closed. Thanks, Markus Hi, you can try ::IsWindow (HWND) or CWnd::GetSafeHwnd () "maka3" <maka3@punjabi.net> escribi� en el mensaje news:9f73cf3f.0407200129.62d8a73@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I'm looking fur a function to check if a CWnd pointer is still valid, > what means that he window has not been closed. > Thanks, > Markus That is very difficult. You are faced with two questions here: (a) is the CWnd pointer valid (very hard) an...

Getting literal string value
Hi I am attempting to do a bit of error trapping, and want to replace the words 'lower school' with 'Lower School' in a memo field as someone types. I have set it on the on Change property of the field, and it works a treat, except it doesn't discriminate between 'lower school' and 'Lower School' in triggering the action. The syntax I am using is: If strRight = "lower school" Then 'strRight is defined as right(me.HoY_Comment.Text,12) intResp = MsgBox("Possible capitalisation error. Do you mean Lower S...

VS 2005 IDE getting closed Automatically
Hi, I'm facing a very peculiar problem. When i open VS 2005 IDE, immediately within 1 min, entire IDE is getting closed automatically. This is happening when i'm connected to internet. This is not happening if i disconnect from internet. Does anyone, know the exact cause for this problem and also the solution ?? regards, mahesh This newsgroup is for questions about forms in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Visual Studio. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

deleted mailbox still showing up
I deleted an account in AD and marked the mailbox for deletion but it is still showing up on Exchange. What do I need to do on the Exchange server to get it removed fast. Brandon wrote: > I deleted an account in AD and marked the mailbox for deletion but it is > still showing up on Exchange. What do I need to do on the Exchange server to > get it removed fast. Purge the mailbox. In ESM goto the mailbox right click and purge. does it appear with the red "x" on it? if so, you can right-click in the ESM and select "purge"...if it doesn't have the red &q...

Destructor not getting called
The CWinApp Derived App object's destructor doesn't gets called when the MFC app terminates. Any MFC specific stuff that needs ti be done to make this happen? Thanks Vipin My bad, does get called. "Vipin" <Vipin@nospam.com> wrote in message news:up%23jEoTsFHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > The CWinApp Derived App object's destructor doesn't gets called when the MFC > app terminates. Any MFC specific stuff that needs ti be done to make this > happen? > > Thanks > Vipin > > "Vipin" <Vipin@nospam.com> wrote in messag...

how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum
Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and st. errors of every row in five columns. Thanks, Joanna "jt42" wrote: > Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different > colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and > st. errors of every row in five columns. I assume you mean "of each row". The formula =AVERAGE(A1:E1) provides the average of row 1. The formula =STDEV(A1:E1) provides the standard deviation. The standard error is =STDEV(A1:E1)/SQRT(COUNT(A1:E1)) . Use STDEVP(...

how do I get outlook connecter to delete from my hotmail inbox
I am using outlook and the outlook connecter to get to my windows live hotmail. When I delete inbox items in outlook it does not delete from my Hotmail inbox ...

Lifetime Planner still has loan payments after loan ends
I have a home loan that Lifetime Planner still has loan payments after loan ends in the forecast "what expenses will I have" screen. If I show "when will my loans be paid off" it shows it correctly paid in the correct year 2037. Stranger still is that say my payment is 1300 which includes 250 prop tax and 50 ins. I thougth well yes you would still have to pay the 300 a month even after you pay off the loan right. But the load amount after payoff for 2037 is 1400 a year so that isnt right either. ...