Security Settings in P2007 server

which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or risk
for a project.

I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
they have access to.

Any ideas?
--
Sharktracker

Can you tell us which of the SharePoint Security groups the users are
showing up under?  My guess is they are showing up under Readers ...

- Web Administrators (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users
who have Manage Windows SharePoint Services permission in Microsoft Office
Project Server.
- Project Managers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
have published this project or who have Save Project permission in Microsoft
Office Project Server.
 - Team members (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
have assignments in this project in Microsoft Office Project Server.
- Readers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who have
been added to this project in Microsoft Office Project Server, but not
assigned to tasks.

The descriptions here are explanations of how users get into each of these
groups via PWA security synchronization.  The Web Admin and PM groups are
the only one that are controlled by PWA security permissions, the global
permission "Manage Windows SharePoint Services" and the category permission
"Save Project to Project Server" respectively.

Jonathan Sofer

"SharkTracker" <SharkTracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or
> risk
> for a project.
>
> I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
> except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
> they have access to.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Sharktracker

0
Jonathan
12/16/2009 10:42:58 PM
Are you certain that the resources have "published" assignments in the
projects? If a resource is on the project team, the resource gets reader
rights. Once the resource has an assignment in the project that is
published, the resource gets contributor rights.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"SharkTracker" <SharkTracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or
> risk
> for a project.
>
> I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
> except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
> they have access to.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Sharktracker

0
Gary
12/17/2009 2:32:36 PM
That worked thanks.
--
Sharktracker

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> Can you tell us which of the SharePoint Security groups the users are
> showing up under?  My guess is they are showing up under Readers ...
>
> - Web Administrators (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users
> who have Manage Windows SharePoint Services permission in Microsoft Office
> Project Server.
> - Project Managers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
> have published this project or who have Save Project permission in Microsoft
> Office Project Server.
>  - Team members (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who
> have assignments in this project in Microsoft Office Project Server.
> - Readers (Microsoft Office Project Server)  DESCRIPTION: Users who have
> been added to this project in Microsoft Office Project Server, but not
> assigned to tasks.
>
> The descriptions here are explanations of how users get into each of these
> groups via PWA security synchronization.  The Web Admin and PM groups are
> the only one that are controlled by PWA security permissions, the global
> permission "Manage Windows SharePoint Services" and the category permission
> "Save Project to Project Server" respectively.
>
> Jonathan Sofer
>
> "SharkTracker" <SharkTracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or
> > risk
> > for a project.
> >
> > I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works
> > except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects
> > they have access to.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > --
> > Sharktracker

Exchange Server SMTP denying local connections? HELP!
We recently ran into the need for software to relay through our exchange server from machines located on our LAN (Our exchange server has been working perfectly, everyone is running Outlook 2003 as clients). What I discovered is port 25 on the exchange server does not seem to be working or is some how blocked (but only coming in from one of the computers on the local LAN). If I attempt to telnet into the exchange server, or even run telnet off of the exchange server itself and try and connect to port 25, I immediately get "Connect failed". Now a key point here is ISA Server 2...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

I want to allow forwarding through the exchange server
Here is my problem I have a user that has signed up with a new webinar company. What they do is when you are online with them is you enter the e-mail addresses of the receipients and then send an invite. They send the email to the recipioents from there exchange server and it shows from XXX.com they also send a reply to as the originators e-mail address ourdomian.com. What happens is the originator of the message will receive an NDR for all emails that were sent to ourdomain.com that says the return to is spoofed. How can I allow this in the exchange server and still be safe. By th...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Odd character set in WLM
When creating new, replying, or forwarding , I get strange characters come up when I type : ; " ' . < . > / ? I get what looks like an E or e with an ' over top. Best I can do a describing it. Does not occur when typing anywhere else (so far). Pain in the butt!!! Any ideas out there. On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:11:02 -0700, NEEDLENOSES wrote: > When creating new, replying, or forwarding , I get strange characters come up > when I type : ; " ' . < . > / ? I get what looks like an E or e with an ' > over top. Best I can do a describ...

restore database on different server
after restore a backup from a database on an other server I get this error: A get/change operation on table 'GL_Account_MSTR' failed accessing SQL data. Number of results columns doesnt match table definition Toni: You will get this error is the account framework is not the same amongst the two servers. For instance perhaps server a was set up to be 25 characters and 5 segments and server b was set up to be 35 characters and 7 segments. When you restored the database from a to b they can not talk to each other now because they have different frameworks. What you would do is ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Setting up new users
Setting up a new user using Active Directory Users and Computers does not create their e-mail addresses in Exchange 2000. Until recently when I created a new user in Active Directory Users and Computers after 1-2 minutes I could click on the E-mail Address tab and see a CCMail, MS, SMTP and X400 address auto-populated. I’m not quite sure what has changed but when I create new users now even though their mailbox does get created and can be opened using Outlook no addresses are populated. I can manually create the address but this just seems like asking for an extra opportunity to have a...

smartlist export to excel with large record sets
I read with interest a posting on 2/19/07 and the responses. The issue raised was how long it took to export a large record set (20,000 records) from Smartlist to Excel. I wish that speed was my only problem. In our case, when attempting to export as few as 2000 smartlist records, the computer freezes, and both excel and GP have to be restarted. We are using GP version 9 and Excel 2003. Similar thing happened with GP 8, and happens on other workstations, not just mine. Woudl really appreciate some pointers. thanks. Your problem is probably memory. First RAM should be 2 gig or b...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

DNS Server IP Address change via powershell
Is there a powershell script or using the quest cmdlets for listing all our windows 2003 server machines and their primary and secondary dns server addresses. I would prefer to see only windows 2003 servers if possible. Also is there any cmdlets or scripts which will allow me to change the primary or seconday DNS servers of our servers as well. I want to get rid of any old DNS server and want to see which servers are using it and then replace it with a new DNS server IP address. I've got a script I wrote last year that does what you are asking. It probably could be ...

Set Checkbox.Backcolor with ColorIndex #2
"ThisWorkbook.Colors" was what I was looking for!!! Thank you! ...

ABILITY TO SET A $ CHECK AMOUNT IN AP for SELECT CHECKS
I have several customers who need to be able to choose invoices to pay based on a total check amount. For instance all checks over $ 5000 go to a different signing authority or all checks under $ 5000 have a signature already on the check form ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

How do I set up a clustered stacked column graph? Is it possible?
It appears that Excel 2003 will let you create a clustered column graph or a stacked column graph but not a combination of the two. Is it possible to created a combined clustered stacked column graph? Here are a few links that should get you started: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ BradT wrote: > It appears that Excel 2003 will let you create a clustered column graph or a > stacked column graph but not a combination...

Setup of OWA 5.5 of W2K Server in a DMZ
We currently have OWA 5.5 running on an NT 4.0 Server in which we're having issues. This scenerio worked well for a number of months and now that we are having OWA server problems, we would like to take this opportunity to rebuild the OWA server with Windows 2000 server. Our concern is about the trust between Server 2000 and NT 4.0 (and any additional gotcha's we may encounter). The OWA server will reside in a DMZ and the Exchange 5.5 Server (running NT 4.0) is in our internal network. Is it possible to then create a trust from the NT 4.0 server to the W2K OWA Server in our DMZ (note: ...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

USP with multiple results sets
Hi guys. I have a Stored Procedure that returns two results sets. how do I get the 2nd results set into a temp table. If it only produces one results set I should be able to do the following. Create ##temptable (table definintion...) insert into ##temptalble exec @err = usp_my_stored_proc @parm_1,@param2 ... but I can't find anywhere on the net how to tell it which results set to process into the temp table If anyone knows.. Obiron Oh yeah, forgot to say - OPENROWSET is not an option. It is not configured on our server and I am struggling to get the DBAs to tu...

What are the correct steps to configure RPC over HTTP for a single server, SBS 2003, environment?
I have a SBS 2003 single server domain and am attempting to configure RPC over HTTP, however, the options within the Exchange environment don't appear to make sense: 1) Front-end server -- by the provided description this is not the proper selection (there is no back-end server; there is no other server period), [additionally, this option is greyed out] 2) Back-end server -- by the same "logic" for why this cannot be a Front-end server, this selection doesn't seem to be the right choice either -- there is no other server taking on the Front-end server role. 3) This option is ...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...