Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007

Hello,
I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does
it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he
enters a task in Project Professional.

For example:
You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create
a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource
allocation is set to 50%.
Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the
task.
Open project professional and view the task information for the task
entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of
50% set for this resource?

Environment -
MICROSOFT OFFICE PROJECT - SERVER
=====================================
Product Version: Project Server 2007
Service Pack: Feb CU

Project Server Application Server
OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
INSTALLED APPLICATIONS:
Project Server 2007
Moss 2007 binaries

Project Server DB Server
OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
INSTALLED APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2005 SP2

Project Professional Client
Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO
(12.0.6425.1000)

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks
Mollie
0
Mollie

Mollie:

The simple answer is that the controls in the PWA interface are not as rich
as those in the Project client. Therefore, the Project Manager needs to make
these changes when accepting new task proposals.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Mollie" <mollievelasquez@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does
> it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he
> enters a task in Project Professional.
>
> For example:
> You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create
> a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource
> allocation is set to 50%.
> Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the
> task.
> Open project professional and view the task information for the task
> entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of
> 50% set for this resource?
>
> Environment -
> MICROSOFT OFFICE PROJECT - SERVER
> =====================================
> Product Version: Project Server 2007
> Service Pack: Feb CU
>

> Project Server Application Server
> OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> INSTALLED APPLICATIONS:
> Project Server 2007
> Moss 2007 binaries
>

> Project Server DB Server
> OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> INSTALLED APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2005 SP2
>
> Project Professional Client
> Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO
> (12.0.6425.1000)
>

> Does anyone have any insight on this?
> Thanks
> Mollie

0
Gary
11/11/2009 4:31:11 PM
On Nov 11, 10:31=A0am, "Gary Chefetz" <g...@chefetz.nospam.org> wrote:
> Mollie:
>
> The simple answer is that the controls in the PWA interface are not as ri=
ch
> as those in the Project client. Therefore, the Project Manager needs to m=
ake
> these changes when accepting new task proposals.
>
> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExpertshttp://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Referencehttp://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG:http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Mollie" <mollievelasq...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
> > I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does
> > it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he
> > enters a task in Project Professional.
>
> > For example:
> > You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create
> > a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource
> > allocation is set to 50%.
> > Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the
> > task.
> > Open project professional and view the task information for the task
> > entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of
> > 50% set for this resource?
>
> > Environment -
> > MICROSOFT OFFICE PROJECT - SERVER
> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> > Product Version: Project Server 2007
> > Service Pack: Feb CU
>
> > Project Server Application Server
> > OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> > INSTALLED APPLICATIONS:
> > Project Server 2007
> > Moss 2007 binaries
>
> > Project Server DB Server
> > OS/SERVICE PACK: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 32-bit
> > INSTALLED APPLICATIONS: SQL Server 2005 SP2
>
> > Project Professional Client
> > Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO
> > (12.0.6425.1000)
>
> > Does anyone have any insight on this?
> > Thanks
> > Mollie

Thanks Gary, I've communicated this to my user and he is okay with
your explanation.
Mollie
0
Mollie

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

Excel 2007
I just upgraded to Office 2007 and am interested in formatting my chart to the fullest. How can I make 1 chart with several types of data. I have 8 points of data, and want to show the data in 1 chart in the following format: - 1 & 2 as a stacked column - 3 & 4 as another stacked column - 5 & 6 as stacked line - 7 as a separate column - 8 as a line I am having trouble forcing Excel to make these separate settings in one chart. Does anyone know how to do this. By the way, I know that this may be a busy chart. :-) Thanks! Mike ...

Different trend types
I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot. Does anyone know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other types of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves? You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested; attach file with data and tell me the equation to use. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A965B80-42F3-4BEA-8A6F-EE2AC53DAF95@microsoft.com... >I am using excel to curve fit...

created encryped.docx in Word 2007, edited in 2010, now cannot open in 2007
I created a Word doc using Word 2007. I then encypte it. Then I edited it several times using Word 2010 beta and now that I'm back to using Word 2007 I cannot open it. Can you help? Try saving it in Word 2010 without encryption, then, if you can open that in 2007, re-encrypt it there. -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "techfrogger" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%23B4Og3c0KHA.6108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I created a Word doc using Word 2007. I then encypte it. Then I edited it >several times using Word 2010 beta and now that I'...

Switchboard 2007 help
Hi I have used the switchboard and am not impressed. It seems to me that one only has 1 level available. I would like to create sub menues off the top node i.e. 1 for Edit, add etc. and the other for reports. I dont see a way to do this. Am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Regards ...

united governments of planet earth
United Governments of Planet Earth All human beings are equal creatures regardless of their color, race, religion, or nationality. No majority ethnic group have the right to persecute, overpower, or rule other minority ethnic groups on the basis of religion, dogma, or creed, and deprive them of their independence, sovereignty, and the right of free opinion, speech, and worship. National Borders and parliaments should get abolished and federal global governments be installed; national armies and weapons dismantled and global police force formed; national currencies and cen...

how do I print different postcards on one sheet
i am trying to print a publisher postcard onto an avery paper w/4 post cards. how do I do this? File, Page setup, Postcards, scroll down to Avery US letter. Select one of the postcard templates, they work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "5trader" <5trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A775CAD-2AC9-4545-8FCF-56665DC422A9@microsoft.com... >i am trying to print a publisher postcard onto an avery paper w/4 post cards. > how do I do this? ...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

formula/version 2007
help with time sheet formula time in/time out/time in/time out/time in/time out can use as much as 3 ins and outs per day 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, this should equal 7 hours worked; what if a person enters 8:25 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearest quarter hour this still should be 7 hours; or 8:22 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearst quarter hour this should be 7.25, not (15min.) basicly it needs to round both ways to nearest quarter hour no matter what time they enter. The basic formula would be: =ROUND((end-start)*24/0....

Inventory Reconcile-Project Accounting
Just updated from version 7.5 to version 9. We did use the project purchase order in version 7.5 and when we reconciled inventory, we had to reconcile inthe inventory module and then in the project module. I am assuming since Great Plains combined the project purchase order module in to the purchasing module, we only have to reconcile inventory inthe inventory module from now on? -- Doug Doug, If you have these other modules, you should reconcile SOP and POP prior to reconciling Inventory. You should check out our web site, we have some new books on GP and the Maintenance book ...

Cannot enter or copy/paste any Text
When I open an existing or new (blank) Publisher document and try to enter text I get an error message "Publisher cannot complete the operation." If I try to copy/paste a Text Frame on an existing document I get an error message "There is not enough memory to paste objects." It will copy/paste or insert a picture or clipart. I can create a bipmap image of a Publisher page and copy/paste it into a Publisher or Word document. This problem has come about within the last few days, because I used the program 8-days ago. I am not having any problems with any other ...

Cannot Insert Item into a task occasionally
Occasionally, our personnel are complaining that you the Insert -->Item button is grayed out on the menu, when you are in some tasks, and not others. Whay is this grayed out. Do we need to be in a field? I noticed that Insert-->Object is grayed out until you click into the body of the task. When clicking on the body of the task under certain tasks (we cannot see a difference between them) the Insert-->Item is still grayed out. Please advise. This is what I have seen- Not of the options are available if you are on the details tab as opposed to the task tab. And if on the...

Automatically replicating a row as I enter data?
Is it possible to create a single row in an Excel spreadsheet that will automatically insert a new row, duplicating the formatting and formulas from the current row once data has been added? i.e. Row 1 and 2 have titles Row 3 has a Qty, Description and Price and final cost formula (Qty * Price) Row 4 shows the sum of column 4 (the final cost) If I enter data into row 3, I want row 4 to automatically move to row 5 and then row 4 to contain the same formatting and formulas as row 3 (with no data). Thanks! Noozer, First, please post only to one group. With Excel 2002, you can use Tools -...

Tasks
I went to a table view for my tasks, went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields" I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks... I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions: Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc... but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display the information of this sort... I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information related to how they "repeat"? Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting th...

project notes not syncing in outlook 2003
project notes not syncing in outlook hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to read on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes doent show up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when employee type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to make sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or calendar synching how can i do that. i have project server 2007 sp2 and ms project professional 20...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Media Player in Task Bar
Hi, I just got a new version of Media Player and was wondering how to get the controls in the task bar when i minimize the Media Player. Thanks What version of Media Player did you get? If this is Windows 7, it will be WMP version 12 (you can also see the exact version by going to About Windows Media Player, in the Help-menu). Unfortunately, this feature has been removed in WMP 12. There are instructions on the web for re-adding the toolbar, but this could break your WMP installation. If it's a version lower than 12, then right-click an empty space in the task bar and sele...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

Move Completed Tasks
Hi, I'm using Outlook 03. I have my HelpDesk setup in Tasks. I have three categories, Daily, Weekly and Monthly. I have my tasks Grouped by Category. When I mark a task as completed (with the checkbox) is there a way to have it somehow move to a different folder automatically? I checked the rules, I guess you can't use rules on Tasks. Would there be a way of viewing that would accomplish this? I also looked at the filter and creating a category called "Completed" but those didn't work for me. I want to actually move the task from one of the categories to a f...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Emails Receiving time in Inbox Differs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Hi, <br><br>I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I realised that my incoming mails received in the in the Inbox, the time received is different from actual time received. Meaning, the timing in the inbox shows the time that I download the emails. IS there a way to resolve this? ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...