Resource Availability Graph in Project Server 2007

I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a
published Gantt chart is showing.  Basically, the resource availability graph
is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when
the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment.  Also, from the Resource
center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is
shown just as it is in the Gantt chart.

The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this
resource as having work for that project.  Since then the Gantt was edited
and published, but the particular assingment I'm seeing problems with was not
changed.  So, I'm seeing the assignment for this resource in the Gantt chart
and on the Resource assignments view from the resource center - but not
seeing this assignment on the Resource availability graph.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance,
JP

Hi Robbie, I would always check directly between MS Project and the Resource
availability graph.  Open the plan from the working store (not the cache),
change something on that assignment, and republish - make sure the task is
published (eg task publish field = Yes (this is the default) and the the
booking type is committed).  If there is still a discrepency then you have a
bug....
--
Thanks,  Ben.

Please rate this post if it helped.
http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/

"JP" wrote:

> I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a
> published Gantt chart is showing.  Basically, the resource availability graph
> is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when
> the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment.  Also, from the Resource
> center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is
> shown just as it is in the Gantt chart.
>
> The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this
> resource as having work for that project.  Since then the Gantt was edited
> and published, but the particular assingment I'm seeing problems with was not
> changed.  So, I'm seeing the assignment for this resource in the Gantt chart
> and on the Resource assignments view from the resource center - but not
> seeing this assignment on the Resource availability graph.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> JP
JP, not sure where I got Robbie from in my previous post, must be too much
Cava!
--
Thanks,  Ben.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

"Ben Howard" wrote:

> Hi Robbie, I would always check directly between MS Project and the Resource
> availability graph.  Open the plan from the working store (not the cache),
> change something on that assignment, and republish - make sure the task is
> published (eg task publish field = Yes (this is the default) and the the
> booking type is committed).  If there is still a discrepency then you have a
> bug....
> --
> Thanks,  Ben.
>
> Please rate this post if it helped.
> http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/
>

> "JP" wrote:
>
> > I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a
> > published Gantt chart is showing.  Basically, the resource availability graph
> > is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when
> > the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment.  Also, from the Resource
> > center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is
> > shown just as it is in the Gantt chart.
> >
> > The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this
> > resource as having work for that project.  Since then the Gantt was edited
> > and published, but the particular assingment I'm seeing problems with was not
> > changed.  So, I'm seeing the assignment for this resource in the Gantt chart
> > and on the Resource assignments view from the resource center - but not
> > seeing this assignment on the Resource availability graph.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > JP
Thanks Ben.  It looks like there's a bug....  This is a very disturbing bug,
as I use this graph to help decide when we can take on new work.

"Ben Howard" wrote:

> JP, not sure where I got Robbie from in my previous post, must be too much
> Cava!
> --
> Thanks,  Ben.
>
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
> http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/
>

> "Ben Howard" wrote:
>
> > Hi Robbie, I would always check directly between MS Project and the Resource
> > availability graph.  Open the plan from the working store (not the cache),
> > change something on that assignment, and republish - make sure the task is
> > published (eg task publish field = Yes (this is the default) and the the
> > booking type is committed).  If there is still a discrepency then you have a
> > bug....
> > --
> > Thanks,  Ben.
> >
> > Please rate this post if it helped.
> > http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/
> >

> > "JP" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a
> > > published Gantt chart is showing.  Basically, the resource availability graph
> > > is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when
> > > the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment.  Also, from the Resource
> > > center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is
> > > shown just as it is in the Gantt chart.
> > >
> > > The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this
> > > resource as having work for that project.  Since then the Gantt was edited
> > > and published, but the particular assingment I'm seeing problems with was not
> > > changed.  So, I'm seeing the assignment for this resource in the Gantt chart
> > > and on the Resource assignments view from the resource center - but not
> > > seeing this assignment on the Resource availability graph.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance,
> > > JP

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

Access 2007-exporting reports in Excel
I export reports to Excel....I just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. I got everything upgraded correctly, except excel is not an option anymore when you run a report. Anyone know the work around on this or what I can do to have Excel be an option under the report function? Thanks Deena EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com That's correct, Deena. Access 2007 no longer gives you the ability to export a report to Excel. You can export a query: use TransferSpreadsheet in a macro or code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia...

EncoderFallbackException when writing characters not available in the specified encoding with XMLWriter to a Stream
I've stumbled upon unexpected behavior of the .NET 2.0 System.Xml.XmlWriter class when using it to write data to a binary stream (System.IO.Stream). If the amount of data is less than a certain value (which varies depending on the data being written), characters not available in the encoding specified in the Encoding property of the XmlWritterSettings instance used to create the XmlWriter are being written to the resulting XML document as character entities, which, despite not being able to provide an exact link to a specific part of the documentation, I would call the expected behavior. F...

DNS server (forwarder) in DMZ
Hi. I seem to remember something about best practice dns server placement from the certification days, where we were told that an internal dns server (DC for instance) should never be allowed to do name resolution on the Internet and that the best design would be to place a dns server in a DMZ and have the DC/internal dns server foreard quereries to that DMZ dns server and have the DMZ dns server either resolve the dns requests or forward to an Internet dns server. Now I'm trying to catch up and are trying to find some information regarding this, but I'm not able to...

formula/version 2007
help with time sheet formula time in/time out/time in/time out/time in/time out can use as much as 3 ins and outs per day 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, this should equal 7 hours worked; what if a person enters 8:25 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearest quarter hour this still should be 7 hours; or 8:22 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearst quarter hour this should be 7.25, not (15min.) basicly it needs to round both ways to nearest quarter hour no matter what time they enter. The basic formula would be: =ROUND((end-start)*24/0....

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

project notes not syncing in outlook 2003
project notes not syncing in outlook hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to read on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes doent show up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when employee type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to make sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or calendar synching how can i do that. i have project server 2007 sp2 and ms project professional 20...

Strange problem with our server
Hi! We've recently moved our Exchange 2003 database to a new NetApp storage machine and it's working perfectly except for two weird issues: 1. When you export an exchange mail folder to a PST file (using outlook 2003) it reports that the operation successfuly completed but it exports only *SOME* of the items in that folder. In the clien't event log we found an event message from outlook saying that the operation failed. 2. Some users complained that when they try to move *SOME* emails to a PST they get an error message saying the operation failed. Thanks... ...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

Exchange server hangs/freezes
Exchange server keeps freezing. I have to reboot it to get it going. I ran the netsky tool but it did not finish it freezes as well. You know email is the life of the company. Help me please Hi It would be extremely difficult to troubleshooting this problem without a lot more information, I would suggest you place a call with Microsoft Product Support and have them work with you on resolving the problem. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "habutti" <habutti@discussions.microsoft.com>...

ASP.NET & Excel Rpt
Hello there, We've currently got a reporting module built in VB6 that creates reports directly in MS Excel format by directly opening the excel application ,then creating line by line of data and charting, all with vb calls. This works well but of course required Excel to be installed on the machine. We're now going to turn this into a web application, and are hoping to simply change the interface and call all of the same code which will be placed in a DLL. My question is, does anyone know of any potential issues with installing MS Excel on an ASP web server? Is th...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Leaving email on Exchange Server...
I setup an IMAP email account on Outlook 2003. However, I couldn't find the option to set it up so that emails will be left on server for, say, 7 days. How can I do so? Thanks. ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Average cost per share incorrect (Money 2007 Deluxe)
I just upgraded to 2007 Deluxe and found that the average cost per share only shows a value rounded to 2 decimals even if 3 or 4 decimals are displayed on the screen. Everything after the 2nd decimals shows as zero. Is there a setting that I have not set yet? Thanks for any reply. ...

Excel 2007 Table Bug
Has anyone come across a problem with Excel 2007 Tables? I frankly don't have much use for tables but since Microsoft shortsightedly placed table autoformatting on the other side of this barrier, I often convert a range to a table and the convert it back to a range leaving the formatting in place. Trouble is, when I convert a table back to a range I find that the area defined is now troublesome--chiefly, formulae no longer work! I suspect the problem is the boneheaded new referencing method that Microsoft uses for Tables (which is what, for me, makes Tables totally useless: one referenc...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

moving CRM installation and DB to new server
I have CRM 3.0 installed and running on a Win2k server, but I want to buy another Win2003 server and move CRM to this. How do i move the database and everything over without having users loose all data? how can i do this transition? If you are moving to another server within the same AD you can simply move the database .mdf and .log files over from your database to your new one and export the customization file from your original CRM server and import it into your new one. If you are moving to a server in a different AD you can use the redeployment tool. "justin" wrote: &g...

Connecting an exchange server 5.5 to exchange 2003 with x.400 (Different Organization)
Hi all, I need very explicy information to create an x.400 connection between exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003, also I need to replicate both site. At this time, I created an x.400 connection on both site, all e-mail are stock in the x.400 in the exchange 2003 even e-mail which should be sent to Internet. Thank You. Bye. did you follow this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/169159/en-us have you checked your connectivity? you should be seeing some errors in your application logs...anything helpful? "Javier" <JBisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:O0kYTqUaGHA.3...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

Help: Restoring Exchange Server to New Server in Test Lab.
Hello's What is the best method of rebuilding/replicating a production Exchange environment in a test lab? Here is what i have done, and it is not working. I added a new domain controller to the production network. Waited all weekend for replication to complete. Moved the DC to the test lab, where i made it a GC, seized all FSMO roles. (I got rid of this DC in production as well.). I run DCDIAG, & NETDIAG and i get no errors on my test lab DC. I then run NTBACKUP and backed up all my production storage groups. I installed Exchange in the Test LAb using the Disaster Recovery switch...