Referencing the Baseline Work field

All,
I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?
0
Shane

6256 X 60 = 375360

Project stores Work in units of minutes.  Divide everything by 60 and you
should be good.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> All,
> I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
> Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
> formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
> screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
> field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
> that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
> does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
> task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
> shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?

0
Andrew
6/3/2010 7:25:13 PM
On Jun 3, 1:25=A0pm, Andrew Lavinsky <(Catapult Systems)> wrote:
> 6256 X 60 =3D 375360
>
> Project stores Work in units of minutes. =A0Divide everything by 60 and y=
ou
> should be good.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog:http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>

> > All,
> > I'm trying to create a calculated field that takes the contents of the
> > Baseline Work field and multiply by the Physcial % Complete field. The
> > formula is ([Baseline Work] * ([Physical % Complete]/100)). I get some
> > screwball number, so to verify the contents of the Baseline Work
> > field, I created a custom field (Baseline0Work) that just references
> > that field, ([Baseline Work]). The number in the Baseline0Work field
> > does not match what shows in the Baseline Work field. In fact, for one
> > task, the Baseline Work field shows 6256 and the Baseline0Work field
> > shows 375360. What's going on ?!?!?!?!?- Hide quoted text -

Andrew,
Thanks. Perfect answer. The calculation works.
0
Shane

home page will not work
Publishers 2003 www.tccu.com The site was working just fine until I tried to change a hyperlink destination on the index.html folder. When I did this my it throw off my homepage and now it does not fully show everything that it needs to. Everything under this folder(http://www.tccu.net/index_text.html )will not show when I publish the site, but it will show up in the design view. Somehow I cant put the two togther!!! PLEASE I have spent countless of hours trying to fix this problem...any help would trully be appreciated. The website www.tccu.com loads just fine, and is not a Pu...

Highlight a Cell When Working in Another Cell
If I am working in, say, cell B5, is there a way I can have cell G5 highlighted? When I am inputting numbers into column B, there are instructions in column G that I would like to have highlighted so that the instructions for that particular row are easier to read. I can't think of a good way to do this. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target If .Column = 2 Then .Offset(0, 5).FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" Wi...

Lock a field after a certain date
I have an employee attendance calendar where employees will enter vacation days for a given month/year. I am using Access 2003 and I have what I think is a simple question. My users can edit or delete dates. I want to continue this BUT I want to make sure they can't change a past date. IE if they were scheduled to take off 1/12/10 up to 1/12 they can make changes, however on 1/13 the field will be locked and only the administrator can make the change. Any help appreciated. On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:47:02 -0800, Lori <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ha...

How do I publish Excel as a webpage so macros work?
We are trying to publish some of the activities we have written on a school website so the students can use them but when we publish with interactivity on anything to do with the macros will not work (including the buttons the macros are assigned to disappearing). We are desperate to give students access to these resources so we need a way round the problem if anyone can help When you publish an Excel sheet as a web page with interactivity it is no longer an Excel sheet, or affiliated with Excel. This new web page uses the Office Spreadsheet Component to (SSC) provide Excel-like funct...

Referencing merged cells
I'm having trouble referencing a merged cell in another workbook. Say I merge cells A1 to C1 in workbook 1. When I make this the active cell, the Name Box says "A1". When I go to another workbook (say, workbook 2), go to cell B1, type "=" and then go to the merged cell and select it, I get 'workbook1'!$A$1:$C$1 as the formula and, of course, the "#VALUE" error. I've successfully tried typing "=sum(" without the quotes hen clicking on the contents of the cell and then adding the ")" and it works O.K. but there should be an easi...

Outlook Shortcuts Not working
Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks Rog "Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks" ...

Natural code, Output Code and Domains fields
hi all, I'm about to use crystal report to handle the natural code, output code and domains but I don't know wich table contains these fields. Any help would be welcome. Thanks Alain ...

Referencing another field if result is N/A
Hello, I have a situation where I am referencing data on another workbook. The reason behind this is the data in Column H can be entered incorrectly and often is. I am able to prevent this going forward but can not do so for the items already entered. I enter a formula via VBA, however, sometimes the result will be #N/A and if so I would prefer to leave the old value and just highlight it that it needs to be verified by hand. I am not sure if I can just "leave" the value as it has pretty much already been replaced. Due to this, I copy the column to a different colum...

Send To Mail Recipient doesn't work
Hi guys: Computer: SBS 2003, Office 2002 with Outlook 2003 I used to be able to right-click on a file in Windows Explorer and click "Send To", then "Mail Recipient". However, it's stopped working (no error - it just doesn't do anything), and this is driving me nuts, since I used to use it a lot. Also, I find that I can't use Send To Mail Recipient inside any of the office applications either. In Access, for instance, I do get an error message, namely: "{DB Name} can't open the mail session. Check your mail application to make sure it&#...

exception
How to I make a one specific nonworking day a working day (e.g.: 2 resources had to work last weekend), how to make these 2 days working days for these 2 resources only. Txs, Silene Hello Silene, You'll need to change each resource's calendar. Double click on the resource's name in the Resource Sheet. Click the Working Time button and make the date working time. If you are recording actual work in a time-phased view (Task Usage or Resource Usage), you can also just record the actual work on the weekend without having to alter the calendar. I hope thi...

Publisher mail merge works in preview but not when send
I can create a merged document in Publisher and insert the first name into the greeting line. When previewing all looks good but when I then send the mail the mail sent only has Hi <<first name>> and not the actual name in the document??? What am I missing? Please help What version Publisher? Is Publisher and Outlook of the same Office suite? Help here Create an e-mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D18...

Excel is not working!
I open excel. As soon as I moe the mouse to any cell the mouse sticks ther and gabs cells. I must close excel. What is up? -- t Do you see "EXT" on the status bar? If so, hit F8 key to get out of extended mode. If using a wheelie mouse, try tapping the roller up and down a few times. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:45:02 -0700, displaynametl <lucky@lucky> wrote: >I open excel. As soon as I moe the mouse to any cell the mouse sticks ther >and gabs cells. I must close excel. What is up? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP Can't see the staus bar. F8 d...

How can I update fields in one table with fields in another table?
Hi All I have two tables: my main table and a cut-down version of the main table with newly updated values: Main ------- RefNo Document_Type Version Title ModMain ------------- RefNo Document_Type_UPDATED Version_UPDATED Title_UPDATED I can't work how to use Access's query builder to do the simple task of updating the fields in "Main" with the modified values in "ModMain" where the RefNos match. Can anyone give me a pointer or web link? I cant find any information in Access Help about performing update queries with more than one table. This seems a straight for...

Function doesn't work
The following function doesn't work (I get #VALUE in the cell) It is called with, say, =IntrptFn2($B$56,$K11,$L11) I've been unable to debug it. Why doesn't it evaluate properly? ------- Function IntrptFn2(sRel, tauLeft, tauRight) As Double ' =IntrptFn2($B$56,$K11,$L11) doesn't work eL = Application.WorksheetFunction.Exp(-tauLeft) eR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Exp(-tauRight) es = Application.WorksheetFunction.Exp(-sRel) IntrptFn2 = Abs((1 + tauLeft) * eL - (1 + tauRight) * eR) ' That's good for xLeft>0, or xRight<0). Now inbetween If (tauLeft...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

Worksheet doesn't permit F4 absolute referencing tool in formulas
I've never seen this before in a worksheet and can't find a Tool-Option that would change it. You can of course type the dollar signs in, but the F4 key won't toggle. Sure it's something simple, any help appreciated! -- ronthedog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ronthedog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397725 ...

Custom Field for Leads-Carry over to Contact/Account
I have a CRM account that wants to include a custom field for Leads and would like the information from the field to carry over to a converted Contact or Account. The field is a boolean, with Yes or No for options. Anyone ever do such a thing before? Any recommendations? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Add the field to Lead in Deployment Manager Add the field to Accoutns and Contacts in Deployment manager (must b...

Disabling autmatic replies in ESM not working
Hi- I wanted to disable automatic replies, or allow automatic forward (ESM>Global settings> properties of domain>Advanced tab> uncheck 'allow automatic replies'). I did this and restarted the SMTP and Exchange routing engine, and still the changes did not take place, automatic replies to the internet are still taking place. Any words of advice? This in an Exchange 2003sp2/Outlook 2003 shop. Thanks. ...

RevokeObject not working
Hi, I am trying to make the active object inactive resgistered using RevokeActiveObject. I am getting following error. "Moniker is already registered in running object table" What I did is, I am registering the user logged in into my application as a active object. But when in my application user changes I need to make the currently active object as in active and wants to register the new user as active. But when I try to revoke the active object using RevokeActiveObject and try to register using RegisterActiveObject I m get above error and so I am not able to register the ...

Read only fields on a form
How do you make a field on a form "Read only"? ...

This workbook is currently referenced by another workbook and cannot be closed.
The message is given when I try to close a workbook / kill Microsoft Excel. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2002 / XP. The spreadsheet includes a reference to another sheet that someone else referenced in another message here. I put the AddIn sheet in via: Tools, AddIns..., Analysis ToolPack - VBA. I've not referenced any function or procedure in the add-in. I get a Triangular Warning / Error ? It's got a graphic of a Yellow Triangle with an Exclamation Mark inside. The subject is the exact text of the warning. A Microsoft Search on the subject yielded nothing. Google yielded one ...

Outlook XP Send/Recieve Quit Working
Hi! I posted this several weeks ago, but didn't find a fix and now it is popping up on other computers. Both are running Outlook XP and both worked fine until the last few weeks. Neither has had any Office updates before they quit working. Here is original post: Running Outlook XP and for some reason the only way I can pull email is to manually hit the send/receive button. The option to check automatically is set for every 5 minutes, but nothing happens. Is there another setting somewhere I am missing? Thanks! It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing without...

Re: smtp connector restriction not working
Hi Chester: Check out this KB 277872: Connector Delivery Restrictions May Not Work Correctly http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q277872 I think it is what you are looking for. This is a pretty common problem. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com From: "Chester" <chesterh@aserve.com.tw> Subject: Re: smtp connector restriction not working Date: Sunday, August 14, 2005 9:39 PM Dear Jim Thanks for your reply, I have config Delivery Restrictions on my exchange server, some of mailb...

create rule based on the DISPLAYED from field
Hi Group, I'm using Outlook 2007. Is it possible to create a rule that searches the text displayed in the "from" field? I would like to delete messages with certain offensive words in the "from" field, but I'm unable to find any rule that does that. I can see the words of "interest" if I go to Message options / Internet headers, but how do you build a rule based on that ? thank you, andy use a 'words in the header' rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

Re: How to change the AutoNumbers inID field in my finished database? 02-09-08
"hans" <hans@post.letnet.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:... > > "Tom van Stiphout" <no.spam.tom7744@cox.net> skrev i meddelelsen > news:m5pfq3pe0q7ugf4usd088p7gupfiv0fh2u@4ax.com... >> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako >> <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >> >> Define "different". >> -Tom. >> >> >>>This may be a simple question but... >>>I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to >>>a >>>different way I have set it up....