Project server 2007 Timesheet creation

Hi,
  We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are
facing the following issues.
1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the
planned hours against the standard row.
1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will
be added  without project name and tasks.

Please help me to resolve the issues.

Thanks,
arun

Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to
see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps
"Arun" wrote:

> Hi,
>   We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are
> facing the following issues.
> 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the
> planned hours against the standard row.
> 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will
> be added  without project name and tasks.
>
> Please help me to resolve the issues.
>
> Thanks,
> arun

Hi,
   Thanks for your information, we allways select the tand click OK, but the
project name is missing.

Thanks,
arun

"chanti060" wrote:

> Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to
> see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps
> "Arun" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are
> > facing the following issues.
> > 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the
> > planned hours against the standard row.
> > 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will
> > be added  without project name and tasks.
> >
> > Please help me to resolve the issues.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > arun

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Server Binaries reinstall
All, My customer is on Exchange 5.5 Org. and looking to reinstall exchange binaries for a Public Folder server on a new partition as the binaries are not installed on the correct partition. The pub.edb is approximately 120GB. Could someone let me know what could be the best way to perform this task other than to replicate the data to another public folder server and then reinstall the server correctly. Thanks in advance. -Samir On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:47:02 -0700, "Samir Marwaha" <SamirMarwaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All, > > > >...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Server not visible in Deployment Manager
I've got a problem trying to extend the schema on a CRM1.2 installation. Everything is working fine with one exception. The CRM server is not listed under servers in the Deployment manager. That means when I try to publish schema extensions I can't since there is No server to publish to. Everything else seems to be running fine. No errors in the event log. Anybody seen this before or have any ideas? -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> solutient.com visit ME at: <<http://info.cwru.edu/p...

Large number of hits on Exchange server
We just stated a monitoring system on one of our Exchange servers (Exchange 2003, sp2). We have noticed that around 4:30pm and 10:30pm there are more than 1000 hits to the Exchange server. We do not have that many users connecting to this server and even with the conference rooms and public folders, the numbers do not reach to that much. What are the things that connect to the Exchange server? Our office close at 6pm and may be handfull of people log in after hours to check their emails. This server is only a stand alone server and it is not even a bridgehead server. Do the Dir...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Outlook client -- how to specify the server
To All: Can anyone tell me how the Outlook client knows the address of the CRM Server? Is it specified in the registry or is it written in a config file somewhere? Regards, Russ For 1.2 it is in the Registry at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM "Russ" wrote: > To All: > > Can anyone tell me how the Outlook client knows the address of the CRM > Server? Is it specified in the registry or is it written in a config > file somewhere? > > Regards, > Russ > > Thanks, I just found the answer when you posted. For 3.0, it is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\M...

Rules Wizard on server
Hi! I have some groupmailboxes that I need to add "rules" on. My problem is that it's about 20 of them and I don't want to log in to each and every account and change it that way. Is there any way on the server to add rules to an account? Windows 2000 Server Exhange 2000 Reg J�rgen Persson Hi, no, you cannot add rules to individual mailboxes! The only mean should be with OWA on the server, but you must do that one by one! Another possibility, you can create "Event sinks" (scripts) to test some conditions (users...) and do some actions directly on the s...

Generate PDF Bookmarks in MS Access 2007 Reports
I have Acrobat 9 Standard and generate numerous reports out of MS Access 2007 into the PDF Format. The reports are grouped, but I can only get a bookmark with the report's name. I need bookmarks for each group. How do I do that? I did this a while back using NitroPDF, it has functionality to scan the pdf looking for certain type of fonts and when it finds them it makes bookmarks. Example all group heading are in Arial 14, setup rules to scan for Arial 14 and make bookmarks. I never automated the process since the user I did it for only needed to do it for one pdf and they ...

The same HTTPS certificate on different server
Hi We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for production and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the public URL is the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our company web site)to second private IP server for testing purposes, and then back to the first web server. Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for both of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done on a second server in IIS? Regards,Miha Yes, it can be done. Using the MMC Certificate snap-in, export the certificate ...

Install Outlook on exchange 2003 server = OWA won't work
He All, I installed outlook 2003 on my exchange 2003 server. After I installed it OWA didn't want to work anymore so I removed outlook but it still won't work. I think it has somthing to do with MAPI. Who knows how to solve this problem. Thanks, Daniel In news:1136395753.453301.59560@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Daniel <spam@runningit.nl> typed: > He All, > > I installed outlook 2003 on my exchange 2003 server. After I installed > it OWA didn't want to work anymore so I removed outlook but it still > won't work. I think it has somthing to do with M...

Windows Event Log Reader (not server based)
Fist, I already know about "Log Parser" and all the sever-based Event Log utilities. What I would like is a simple GUI utility to read/view SAVED Event Log files. Anyone know of such a utility (non-server)? NOTE: I do have a shortcut in my "SendTo" folder that runs a Command using "Log Parser" but this is a workaround. Command start-------------- cd \EventLogArchive "C:\Program Files\Log Parser 2.2\logparser" "SELECT ALL * FROM %1" - i:EVT -o:DATAGRID Command ends-------------- "\EventLogArchive" = C:...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Exchange public folder replication to an IMAP server
Hi Newsgroup, I have a couple of questions regarding public folders in exchange 2000/2003 that I can't find much info on at all: 1. Can an IMAP folder on an external server be seen in (or linked to) an Exchange environment as a public folder? or 2. Can an exchange public folder automatically and regularly send its contents to an external IMAP server? The purpose would be to let users receiving spam emails (which managed to slip through the spam filter) to drag and drop them into a public folder. The spam items would then be delivered via IMAP to an external anti-spam server (spamassa...

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Unable to connect to e-mail server
I recently began receiving a message when I open Outlook that the file contained macros and that macros were diabled. Since that time I have enabled macros and no longer receive that message, however I can only receive my e-mail messages once then I get the message that "Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server." I have to restart my computer to get it to reconnect. I am running Windows 2000 SP4 and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tim ...

break slide link in word 2007
I have Office 2007. Want to break the link to the slides I have in my word doc. When I right click the slide, I only get open or edit, or convert. Could you help me locate the right place to break the link; and if necessary add-in I need for Word and/or powerpoint? -- SLB -- SLB In Word 2007, click the Office button and choose Prepare. To the right you'll see an item "Edit Links to Files" (which appears only when there are linked items in the document). Click that to open the Links dialog. Select any or all of the listed links and click the Break Link button. ...

SMTP Virtual Server Queue
When I click the Queues under server in the exchange system manager I get this error "Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BA" . The setup is a single server environment. On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:24:04 -0700, Nick <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click the Queues under server in the exchange system manager I get >this error "Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP >Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BA" . The setup is a single server >environment....

Reminders in Outlook 2007
When you have a reminder in the calendar in Outlook 2000 (or 2003) you see a liitle clock. In Outlook 2007 you don't. How can I see this clock in Outlook 2007??? Marc ...

Outlook 2007 Icon on Start Menu doesn't work
Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for outlook work OK. How can I revert to the original working icon? thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZRv9v$hHHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start > menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet > Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for ...

Exchange Server & POP Account
I set up a POP account on my local machine which delivers my email from an exchange server for my main mail account. This POP account was for a dead mailbox which I had disabled the User access. So, I used my login and password for my exchage server access and popped the account and lost all the emails in my exchange server mail box. Are these emails gone forever, and what happened, shouldn't every single message in the main account download to the Pop account? Did you get any errors during download? By default, POP removes messages from the server, so if you don't have th...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

Multiple Exchange Server
I am recieving the error as Task 'www.indiatimes.com.'Folder:Inbox Syncronizing headers.'reported error (0x800CCC3E).'The server does not support the required HTTP methods.The server responded 'Not Implimented'.' Please Help . I have tried to configure two of my email IDs "pqr@msn.com" & "pqr@indiatimes.com" into same outlook. I am not recieving any emails of "pqr@indiatimes.com". Please Help... ...