Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10

Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest
hotfix they are the following  first and second items in the kb article.
Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the
first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!!

1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In
this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ
from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish
the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same
incorrect values.

2. You enable the Use this field for matching generic resources option. In
this case, the Resource Assignment view does not group on the Resource
Breakdown Structure (RBS) items.

Note After you apply this hotfix package, this issue is resolved. However,
this issue reoccurs if you manually specify the calculation option.

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Server Binaries reinstall
All, My customer is on Exchange 5.5 Org. and looking to reinstall exchange binaries for a Public Folder server on a new partition as the binaries are not installed on the correct partition. The pub.edb is approximately 120GB. Could someone let me know what could be the best way to perform this task other than to replicate the data to another public folder server and then reinstall the server correctly. Thanks in advance. -Samir On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:47:02 -0700, "Samir Marwaha" <SamirMarwaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All, > > > >...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Server not visible in Deployment Manager
I've got a problem trying to extend the schema on a CRM1.2 installation. Everything is working fine with one exception. The CRM server is not listed under servers in the Deployment manager. That means when I try to publish schema extensions I can't since there is No server to publish to. Everything else seems to be running fine. No errors in the event log. Anybody seen this before or have any ideas? -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> solutient.com visit ME at: <<http://info.cwru.edu/p...

Large number of hits on Exchange server
We just stated a monitoring system on one of our Exchange servers (Exchange 2003, sp2). We have noticed that around 4:30pm and 10:30pm there are more than 1000 hits to the Exchange server. We do not have that many users connecting to this server and even with the conference rooms and public folders, the numbers do not reach to that much. What are the things that connect to the Exchange server? Our office close at 6pm and may be handfull of people log in after hours to check their emails. This server is only a stand alone server and it is not even a bridgehead server. Do the Dir...

Spreadsheet Size #2
I've been working with a finance spreadsheet through out the financial year. I expected the file size to be approx 150 Kb. The file size is 23 Mb. I've run it through several virus checkers without incident however there is obviously something else that can cause it because i have it. Can anyone suggest what i should be looking for? Have a look here http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Linda" <paper.weight@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:0dwIc.90997$sj4.24209@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > I...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Outlook client -- how to specify the server
To All: Can anyone tell me how the Outlook client knows the address of the CRM Server? Is it specified in the registry or is it written in a config file somewhere? Regards, Russ For 1.2 it is in the Registry at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM "Russ" wrote: > To All: > > Can anyone tell me how the Outlook client knows the address of the CRM > Server? Is it specified in the registry or is it written in a config > file somewhere? > > Regards, > Russ > > Thanks, I just found the answer when you posted. For 3.0, it is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\M...

Outlook Form #2
How to the defualt outlook message form to forward only the subject information. I change the action of a new message while in design view. Published the form but I cannot make Outlook use the form. Where did you publish the form? What do you mean by "forward only the subject information"? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "mandrews@compucom.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4fc101c...

Having 2 troubles
Hello, I currently am running XP on a DELL pc and accidentally hit the eject button for the cd drive. now it wants to 'safely remove hardware' and I am not able to use the cd rom and can't seem to find where to 'add new hardware'. It is an 'HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N-(D:). The device does show up in Device Manager but won't run a DVD or CD. With the printer, since my cd rom won't work, I was trying to update and reinstall my printer (HP Director was not working properly) and now I can't get the file 'setupsw.msi' located on my pc a...

Rules Wizard on server
Hi! I have some groupmailboxes that I need to add "rules" on. My problem is that it's about 20 of them and I don't want to log in to each and every account and change it that way. Is there any way on the server to add rules to an account? Windows 2000 Server Exhange 2000 Reg J�rgen Persson Hi, no, you cannot add rules to individual mailboxes! The only mean should be with OWA on the server, but you must do that one by one! Another possibility, you can create "Event sinks" (scripts) to test some conditions (users...) and do some actions directly on the s...

Generate PDF Bookmarks in MS Access 2007 Reports
I have Acrobat 9 Standard and generate numerous reports out of MS Access 2007 into the PDF Format. The reports are grouped, but I can only get a bookmark with the report's name. I need bookmarks for each group. How do I do that? I did this a while back using NitroPDF, it has functionality to scan the pdf looking for certain type of fonts and when it finds them it makes bookmarks. Example all group heading are in Arial 14, setup rules to scan for Arial 14 and make bookmarks. I never automated the process since the user I did it for only needed to do it for one pdf and they ...

Install Outlook on exchange 2003 server = OWA won't work
He All, I installed outlook 2003 on my exchange 2003 server. After I installed it OWA didn't want to work anymore so I removed outlook but it still won't work. I think it has somthing to do with MAPI. Who knows how to solve this problem. Thanks, Daniel In news:1136395753.453301.59560@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Daniel <spam@runningit.nl> typed: > He All, > > I installed outlook 2003 on my exchange 2003 server. After I installed > it OWA didn't want to work anymore so I removed outlook but it still > won't work. I think it has somthing to do with M...

The same HTTPS certificate on different server
Hi We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for production and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the public URL is the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our company web site)to second private IP server for testing purposes, and then back to the first web server. Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for both of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done on a second server in IIS? Regards,Miha Yes, it can be done. Using the MMC Certificate snap-in, export the certificate ...

Windows Event Log Reader (not server based)
Fist, I already know about "Log Parser" and all the sever-based Event Log utilities. What I would like is a simple GUI utility to read/view SAVED Event Log files. Anyone know of such a utility (non-server)? NOTE: I do have a shortcut in my "SendTo" folder that runs a Command using "Log Parser" but this is a workaround. Command start-------------- cd \EventLogArchive "C:\Program Files\Log Parser 2.2\logparser" "SELECT ALL * FROM %1" - i:EVT -o:DATAGRID Command ends-------------- "\EventLogArchive" = C:...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

UpdateLinks Popup on Workbooks.Open 01-08-10
I have a refreshable Excel file that is linked to data imported from Access. When I open the file using a Macro button with a Workbooks.Open sub, I get an Update Links popup. But, when I open the file directly from the network folder or shortcut, I don't get the Update Links popup. I have a temporary workaround with an UpdateLinks:=False. But I would like to resolve the issue without a bandaid. Sub OpenCat() Workbooks.Open "\\Network_Path\Category_template.xlsx", UpdateLinks:=False 'UpdateLinks:=False cmd is like clicking CONTINUE to leave lin...

Exchange public folder replication to an IMAP server
Hi Newsgroup, I have a couple of questions regarding public folders in exchange 2000/2003 that I can't find much info on at all: 1. Can an IMAP folder on an external server be seen in (or linked to) an Exchange environment as a public folder? or 2. Can an exchange public folder automatically and regularly send its contents to an external IMAP server? The purpose would be to let users receiving spam emails (which managed to slip through the spam filter) to drag and drop them into a public folder. The spam items would then be delivered via IMAP to an external anti-spam server (spamassa...

RMS Integration with Ecommerce #2
Hi, I am new to RMS. Basically i have developed an j2ee based ecommerce site. I need to integrate the ecommerce site with RMS(customer management, Inventory management and Order Processing), can anyone please help me how do i achieve this. Is there any SDK or Open source api which i can use? Thanks, Joe Hello Joe, Yes there is a document to integrate RMS with website and if you know website programming / xml you can possibly do it. There are also add-on software available for website integration that can make the website integration easy. Email me if you need more details. Best regar...

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Event ID 3018 #2
Can someone tell me how to get rid of this event ID which keeps coming up on my Exchange 2003 Ent. pre-SP1 server. We have all Logging turned OFF on this box. Also if I go into ESM - server properties - diagnostics logging - MSExchangeTransport - NDR - is set to NONE as well. I know this is from SPAM/Junk mail but I don't want it to keep showing up. Thanks in advance. ...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Unable to connect to e-mail server
I recently began receiving a message when I open Outlook that the file contained macros and that macros were diabled. Since that time I have enabled macros and no longer receive that message, however I can only receive my e-mail messages once then I get the message that "Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server." I have to restart my computer to get it to reconnect. I am running Windows 2000 SP4 and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tim ...

Cen an Excel file be set up to no longer open after a certain date????
Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain date or after a certain amount of time? Thank you in advance!! Lou Blah wrote: > Any help would be very much appreciated. > > Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain > date or after a certain amount of time? > > Thank you in advance!! > > Lou This could be done with a VBA Macro but you would have to take security measures to keep the user from tampering with the code. Maybe even incoporate code that deletes all of the data includ...

Exchange contacts #2
One of my clients is a small subsidiary of a larger company. Corp has said everyone must use the same domain namespace for e-mail. The subsidiary is currently on a separate forrest, with a dissimilar namespace. The subsidiary wants to maintain autonomy. Can I simply have the parent company create contacts to point to their already existing domain and mail accounts? If not can this be done if a user account is created with a contact to forward mail to the existing mail server of the subsidiary? On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:44:02 -0700, Tom Wall <TomWall@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...