Project Server 2003 and IE8

Hi,

we are running Project Server 2003 SP1 with IE6 and are planning to update
to Internet Explorer 8. Is this scenario supported? Which IE settings do we
have to configure? Is there an officical statement from Microsoft?

Thanks,
Adrian

--
Adrian Miller

0
Adrian

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Server Binaries reinstall
All, My customer is on Exchange 5.5 Org. and looking to reinstall exchange binaries for a Public Folder server on a new partition as the binaries are not installed on the correct partition. The pub.edb is approximately 120GB. Could someone let me know what could be the best way to perform this task other than to replicate the data to another public folder server and then reinstall the server correctly. Thanks in advance. -Samir On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:47:02 -0700, "Samir Marwaha" <SamirMarwaha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All, > > > >...

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Import Data Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
remving duplicate entries from importing of data from Outlook express to outlook ...

Server not visible in Deployment Manager
I've got a problem trying to extend the schema on a CRM1.2 installation. Everything is working fine with one exception. The CRM server is not listed under servers in the Deployment manager. That means when I try to publish schema extensions I can't since there is No server to publish to. Everything else seems to be running fine. No errors in the event log. Anybody seen this before or have any ideas? -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> solutient.com visit ME at: <<http://info.cwru.edu/p...

Large number of hits on Exchange server
We just stated a monitoring system on one of our Exchange servers (Exchange 2003, sp2). We have noticed that around 4:30pm and 10:30pm there are more than 1000 hits to the Exchange server. We do not have that many users connecting to this server and even with the conference rooms and public folders, the numbers do not reach to that much. What are the things that connect to the Exchange server? Our office close at 6pm and may be handfull of people log in after hours to check their emails. This server is only a stand alone server and it is not even a bridgehead server. Do the Dir...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Outlook client -- how to specify the server
To All: Can anyone tell me how the Outlook client knows the address of the CRM Server? Is it specified in the registry or is it written in a config file somewhere? Regards, Russ For 1.2 it is in the Registry at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM "Russ" wrote: > To All: > > Can anyone tell me how the Outlook client knows the address of the CRM > Server? Is it specified in the registry or is it written in a config > file somewhere? > > Regards, > Russ > > Thanks, I just found the answer when you posted. For 3.0, it is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\M...

excel 2000 vs excel 2003
Hello, I'm very new to Excel, never even seen the program open. I registered for an online class at my community college for Introduction to Excel. The course requirements say you can be using excel 5.0, 95, 97, or 2000. When I went to buy the program, office 2003 professional was the only one available. I've searched on the internet and found lots of articles that say there's not much change from 2002 to 2003. But I can't find info about the differences from 2000 to 2003. My question is: Is the look and general feel, use and layout of the program very differe...

Rules Wizard on server
Hi! I have some groupmailboxes that I need to add "rules" on. My problem is that it's about 20 of them and I don't want to log in to each and every account and change it that way. Is there any way on the server to add rules to an account? Windows 2000 Server Exhange 2000 Reg J�rgen Persson Hi, no, you cannot add rules to individual mailboxes! The only mean should be with OWA on the server, but you must do that one by one! Another possibility, you can create "Event sinks" (scripts) to test some conditions (users...) and do some actions directly on the s...

Exchange 2003 GAL
Has anyone been had any luck with MKBA #315531. This is an issue with the usernames not appearing in the Global Address List when their mailbox is created. Thanks. Can you send them a test message and see if the GAL is changed at that time? "Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA9ACBE0-FFFA-4016-826F-54ABEEA3760B@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been had any luck with MKBA #315531. This is an issue with the usernames not appearing in the Global Address List when their mailbox is created. > > Thanks. how would you send a text message?...

The same HTTPS certificate on different server
Hi We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for production and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the public URL is the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our company web site)to second private IP server for testing purposes, and then back to the first web server. Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for both of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done on a second server in IIS? Regards,Miha Yes, it can be done. Using the MMC Certificate snap-in, export the certificate ...

Install Outlook on exchange 2003 server = OWA won't work
He All, I installed outlook 2003 on my exchange 2003 server. After I installed it OWA didn't want to work anymore so I removed outlook but it still won't work. I think it has somthing to do with MAPI. Who knows how to solve this problem. Thanks, Daniel In news:1136395753.453301.59560@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Daniel <spam@runningit.nl> typed: > He All, > > I installed outlook 2003 on my exchange 2003 server. After I installed > it OWA didn't want to work anymore so I removed outlook but it still > won't work. I think it has somthing to do with M...

Windows Event Log Reader (not server based)
Fist, I already know about "Log Parser" and all the sever-based Event Log utilities. What I would like is a simple GUI utility to read/view SAVED Event Log files. Anyone know of such a utility (non-server)? NOTE: I do have a shortcut in my "SendTo" folder that runs a Command using "Log Parser" but this is a workaround. Command start-------------- cd \EventLogArchive "C:\Program Files\Log Parser 2.2\logparser" "SELECT ALL * FROM %1" - i:EVT -o:DATAGRID Command ends-------------- "\EventLogArchive" = C:...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Strange Exchange 2003 Pop Problem
If anyone may be able to shed some light on this strange happening I would really appreciate it. I have Exchange Server 2003 running, all of my users can check their email using Outlook/Popping just fine. They also can all go to OWA and check their email fine. I have one user that can use OWA to check her mail, it takes her password, lets her in but if she tries to use Outlook on her desktop it keeps popping up a password error. No matter which station I am at, I can not check email with this account other than using OWA with a web browser. Nothing was changed on the server, I have reset the...

missing attachment information for e-mails Outlook 2003
Why do some of the messages I received with an attachment show the attachment information on the printed 1st page of the e-mail, and others don't? For filing purpose its a must to have those attachment informtaitons being on the e-mail header or inline. I have no problem opening or reading the attachments. -- Thanks again Ursula A. Ursula A. wrote: > Why do some of the messages I received with an attachment show the > attachment information on the printed 1st page of the e-mail, and > others don't? > > For filing purpose its a must to have those attachment info...

Exchange public folder replication to an IMAP server
Hi Newsgroup, I have a couple of questions regarding public folders in exchange 2000/2003 that I can't find much info on at all: 1. Can an IMAP folder on an external server be seen in (or linked to) an Exchange environment as a public folder? or 2. Can an exchange public folder automatically and regularly send its contents to an external IMAP server? The purpose would be to let users receiving spam emails (which managed to slip through the spam filter) to drag and drop them into a public folder. The spam items would then be delivered via IMAP to an external anti-spam server (spamassa...

restore outlook 2003 in 2000
On my computer at home, I run Outlook 2003. On my office computer I run Outlook 2000. I created a backup of the pst file on my home computer to take to the office. When I tried to do a restore or view the files from Outlook 2003, I got a message that it was an incompatible file format? Is there a way around this? Ivor create a pst using the old format and copy the items to it to - File, New, Outlook data file and choose the ol97 format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Auth...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 Std to SBS 2008 Premium
I need to upgrade one of my customer's SBS2003 Std network to SBS 2008 premium. They are small company with about 15 PCs, 20 accounts and almost 25-30 email addresses. I ordered a new DELL server with SBS 2008 already installed on it. Upon the server's arrival, my plan is to disconnect current server from network and setup domain controller on the new server with same domain name as the current one to minimize work on work-stations and then setup accounts (with an initial password), email addresses and PCs manually on new server and once everything is Ok, decommission ...

Unable to connect to e-mail server
I recently began receiving a message when I open Outlook that the file contained macros and that macros were diabled. Since that time I have enabled macros and no longer receive that message, however I can only receive my e-mail messages once then I get the message that "Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server." I have to restart my computer to get it to reconnect. I am running Windows 2000 SP4 and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tim ...

SMTP Virtual Server Queue
When I click the Queues under server in the exchange system manager I get this error "Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BA" . The setup is a single server environment. On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:24:04 -0700, Nick <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click the Queues under server in the exchange system manager I get >this error "Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP >Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BA" . The setup is a single server >environment....

Exchange Server & POP Account
I set up a POP account on my local machine which delivers my email from an exchange server for my main mail account. This POP account was for a dead mailbox which I had disabled the User access. So, I used my login and password for my exchage server access and popped the account and lost all the emails in my exchange server mail box. Are these emails gone forever, and what happened, shouldn't every single message in the main account download to the Pop account? Did you get any errors during download? By default, POP removes messages from the server, so if you don't have th...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...