project notes not syncing in outlook 2003

project notes not syncing in outlook

hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to read
on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes doent show
up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when employee
type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project
professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to make
sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or
calendar synching how can i do that.

i have project server 2007 sp2 and
ms project professional 2007
MS outlook 2003 and office 2003.

imran

Imran --

Your complaint is one of the reasons I do not recommend using the Project
Server add-in with Outlook.  Many people find it clumsy to use.  A much
better way to use Outlook with Project Server 2007 (at least in my humble
opinion) is documented in the following Help blog article:

http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=f884b43f%2D61db%2D4c4e%2D94a3%2D38f21a8efdad&ID=77

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Imran Admin" <ImranAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> project notes not syncing in outlook
>
> hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to read
> on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes doent
> show
> up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when employee
> type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project
> professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to make
> sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or
> calendar synching how can i do that.
>
> i have project server 2007 sp2 and
> ms project professional 2007
> MS outlook 2003 and office 2003.
>
> imran

0
Dale
2/4/2010 9:58:00 PM
i have done that but i get run time errors some time while browsing in
outlook... may be the security settings of IE can you recommend the ideal
security setting should be for pws to work in outlook...

i still like the task to be sync in task or calandar if somehow notes can be
syched.. what is the issue in this method what needs to be fixed or solved to
make this option work?

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> Imran --
>
> Your complaint is one of the reasons I do not recommend using the Project
> Server add-in with Outlook.  Many people find it clumsy to use.  A much
> better way to use Outlook with Project Server 2007 (at least in my humble
> opinion) is documented in the following Help blog article:
>
> http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=f884b43f%2D61db%2D4c4e%2D94a3%2D38f21a8efdad&ID=77
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Imran Admin" <ImranAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > project notes not syncing in outlook
> >
> > hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to read
> > on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes doent
> > show
> > up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when employee
> > type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project
> > professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to make
> > sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or
> > calendar synching how can i do that.
> >
> > i have project server 2007 sp2 and
> > ms project professional 2007
> > MS outlook 2003 and office 2003.
> >
> > imran

Imran --

I do not know how to fix your problems.  Perhaps someone else in the
newsgroup has an idea for you.  Sorry.

--

> i have done that but i get run time errors some time while browsing in
> outlook... may be the security settings of IE can you recommend the ideal
> security setting should be for pws to work in outlook...
>
> i still like the task to be sync in task or calandar if somehow notes can
> be
> syched.. what is the issue in this method what needs to be fixed or solved
> make this option work?
>
> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Imran --
>>
>> Your complaint is one of the reasons I do not recommend using the Project
>> Server add-in with Outlook.  Many people find it clumsy to use.  A much
>> better way to use Outlook with Project Server 2007 (at least in my humble
>> opinion) is documented in the following Help blog article:
>>
>> http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=f884b43f%2D61db%2D4c4e%2D94a3%2D38f21a8efdad&ID=77
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Imran Admin" <ImranAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > project notes not syncing in outlook
>> >
>> > hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to
>> > read
>> > on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes
>> > doent
>> > show
>> > up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when
>> > employee
>> > type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project
>> > professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to
>> > make
>> > sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or
>> > calendar synching how can i do that.
>> >
>> > i have project server 2007 sp2 and
>> > ms project professional 2007
>> > MS outlook 2003 and office 2003.
>> >
>> > imran

0
Dale

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Notes visibility
Is there any way of seeing whether there are notes, other addresses, etc., associated with a contact without clicking on the tabs themselves? It's rather tedious to have to click on each tab, just in case someone has added some information. Thanks, Steve Try c360 (www.c360.com) activity summary component. That will be the closest add-on beside building your own SDK... Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Steve" wrote: > Is there any way of seeing whether there are notes, other addresses, > etc., associated with...

Outlook express could not be started!
When I try to open outlook express I get a pop up window with the following: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to create the Internet Account Manager. Your Computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact microsoft support for further assistant. (0x800705AA)" Then I get an "OK" button fater pressing it I get another window with the following: "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be install correctly" What do the errors mean. My comp. has enought m...

Outlook 2002 #220
Hi Good People, After reinstalling all programmes, and running Outlook, I can see my email and contacts. However if I am composing a new email Outlook won't allow me to search my contacts for the email address using Alt K. I think I have had this problem before, but can't find what the fix was. Does anyone know? Regards right click the Contacts folder and then permissions, one of the Tabs enables you to show this folder as an Outlook address book. I think that's what you need to do for 2002. Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com....

Import Data Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
remving duplicate entries from importing of data from Outlook express to outlook ...

1st I read mail from my Inbox, then I can jot a note & a rule file
This is a suggestion, this feature may already exist in newer versions, I am using Office 2003. I like creating rules for Outlook e-mail so they go into folders but I tend not to read many of the ones for which I have created rules, they just go into the folders and then get old before I get around to reading them. What I'd like better is have all the emails initially come into my Inbox, read them from there, and then I can be given an option for Outlook to file the e-mail in an e-mail folder using a previously created or newly created rule. It should also give me an option t...

Outlook cannot start after SP1 was installed
Hello, I just installed SP1 and now my Outlook 2003 does not want to open. The error I receive is: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The set of folders could not be opened. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." My Outlook worked yesterday before the SP1 install and now it doesn't. I tried to remove SP1 but that option is not there. Any Ideas? Thank you, Bret Macolino Follow the following troubleshooting steps; http://www.howto-outlook.com...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Outlook 2000
The "customize outlook today" button does not work. I click on it and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this. It used to work and then it stopped. there's a post SEVEN items down from yours with a solution. On the FRONT PAGE. Try clicking on the "+" sign. SHEEESH! "Patty" <patty@williamgreencpa.com> wrote in message news:346d01c3aa0c$0ab3f080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > The "customize outlook today" button does not work. I > click on it and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to > fix this. It used to work and then it...

restore outlook 2003 in 2000
On my computer at home, I run Outlook 2003. On my office computer I run Outlook 2000. I created a backup of the pst file on my home computer to take to the office. When I tried to do a restore or view the files from Outlook 2003, I got a message that it was an incompatible file format? Is there a way around this? Ivor create a pst using the old format and copy the items to it to - File, New, Outlook data file and choose the ol97 format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Auth...

Backing up Outlook with an outside service (Mozy)
I recently started using Mozy to backup everything on my computer. The only thing I'm nervous about is Outlook. I want to make sure that I back up _all_ of my email (Inbox and the 30 folders below it), my contacts, and most importantly, my task list and my notes. The 2 files that Mozy automatically reaches for are Outlook.pst and Outlookimap.columbia.edu-00000011.pst. I should mention that one of my four email accounts is hosted by columbia.edu, which I'm guessing is the second one in some way. Anyone know if those files include all emails, contacts, tasks and notes? I couldn'...

missing attachment information for e-mails Outlook 2003
Why do some of the messages I received with an attachment show the attachment information on the printed 1st page of the e-mail, and others don't? For filing purpose its a must to have those attachment informtaitons being on the e-mail header or inline. I have no problem opening or reading the attachments. -- Thanks again Ursula A. Ursula A. wrote: > Why do some of the messages I received with an attachment show the > attachment information on the printed 1st page of the e-mail, and > others don't? > > For filing purpose its a must to have those attachment info...

Strange Exchange 2003 Pop Problem
If anyone may be able to shed some light on this strange happening I would really appreciate it. I have Exchange Server 2003 running, all of my users can check their email using Outlook/Popping just fine. They also can all go to OWA and check their email fine. I have one user that can use OWA to check her mail, it takes her password, lets her in but if she tries to use Outlook on her desktop it keeps popping up a password error. No matter which station I am at, I can not check email with this account other than using OWA with a web browser. Nothing was changed on the server, I have reset the...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Importing PST File into Outlook.
Hi everyone. I copied a .PST onto a CD for B/U and then saved it back onto my HD. When I use either the IMPORT command or OPEN it says that it is not a .PST file. When I import it and browse it tuns into a .INK folder and won't open it. If I click on the file on my HD to open it it states that it is a .PST folder. Am I doing something wrong? I reformatted my HD and this is my only link to all my info in Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did you remove the read-only check mark from its properties page? Do not try to import the file as you will lose some inform...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Outlook 2002 not working/Outlook Express is working_Help!
My Outlook stopped working last Friday, I'm not receiving any new emails, I cannot move any files that are in my inbox to any subfolders, and I'm not sure if the emails that I send are even getting to where they are supposed to go! I work for an advertising business and these emails are very important! I also have Outlook Express on the computer and I just checked it and it is receiving all of my emails. Outlook is set as the default and I've tried restarting the computer as well as removing Outlook and re-installing it and nothing works. Any feedback is appreciated! You...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 Std to SBS 2008 Premium
I need to upgrade one of my customer's SBS2003 Std network to SBS 2008 premium. They are small company with about 15 PCs, 20 accounts and almost 25-30 email addresses. I ordered a new DELL server with SBS 2008 already installed on it. Upon the server's arrival, my plan is to disconnect current server from network and setup domain controller on the new server with same domain name as the current one to minimize work on work-stations and then setup accounts (with an initial password), email addresses and PCs manually on new server and once everything is Ok, decommission ...

Creating Notes on a Closed Opportunity
Hi All, Is there away to customize Microsoft CRM 1.2 to allow users the ability to create notes for an Opportunity that is closed? I know you can do this by reopening the Opportunity, but now we’re faced with people forgetting to close the Opportunity once opened. Does anyone know of any supporting or unsupported customization that will give us this functionality? Thanks for your help You can add your custom "Add Note" button to the opportunity form through ISV.Config. On click of this button you could write code to open your custom add note form that adds note to an o...

unable to telnet mail from: on exchange 2003
I connect to my exchange server using the following command: telnet IPADDRESS 25. I can send the Helo test command and it responds fine. However when I do a mail from: email@anydomain.com command, the server says unable to establish a connection and the session is immediately ended. Please help! Rafael What have you got configured for the authentication methods on the SMTP Virtual Server?, make sure you have anonymous selected. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObFb...

Outlook signature moves after sending
I have a user with Outlook 2002 with a signature which moves up above the message text of the email after it is sent. The signature is from an rtf file and this only happens with plain text messages. He'll type his message then insert the signature after the text. After the email is sent, and you check the Sent Items copy, the message text has been placed below the signature. The email looks fine before it's sent. I tried creating a new signature for him and it still does it. ...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...