Posts Not Getting Any Responses

I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.
0
BruceFFIC

Hi,

This is the microsoft.public.project.server group. Did you post directly to
it or to a site that mirrors this group? If so, try:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US

If you did post directly, then what tool did you use and is your question
relevant to the group you chose? usually questions only get left if they are
for the wrong product, group or don't make sense.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
> I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
> which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
> stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.

> signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
2/18/2010 2:33:21 AM
Gill,  I use the google group, but I see my posts when I access via the link
you posted.  Here is the link to my most recent post:

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the microsoft.public.project.server group. Did you post directly to
> it or to a site that mirrors this group? If so, try:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US
>
> If you did post directly, then what tool did you use and is your question
> relevant to the group you chose? usually questions only get left if they are
> for the wrong product, group or don't make sense.
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
> > I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
> > which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
> > stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.

> > signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Thanks Gill,

I post through the google link to this group, but when I go to the site via
your link I see my posts.  Here is the last one I posted on prior to this one.

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the microsoft.public.project.server group. Did you post directly to
> it or to a site that mirrors this group? If so, try:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US
>
> If you did post directly, then what tool did you use and is your question
> relevant to the group you chose? usually questions only get left if they are
> for the wrong product, group or don't make sense.
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
> > I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
> > which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
> > stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.

> > signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> .

Bruce --

I can see your previous posts in the newsgroup, and I can also see that no
one replied to your questions.  If you don't get a reply, that usually means
that no one in the newsgroup has an answer to the question.  And that also
usually means you need to break out the company credit card and call
Microsoft Support.  Remember that none of the participants in this newsgroup
work for Microsoft.  All of us are volunteers who donate our time in the
newsgroup.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
> I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
> which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
> stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.

0
Dale
2/18/2010 8:46:18 PM
That link only goes to the whole group. Try posting again but this time
directly to the MS groups rather than going thru people like Google who
mirror the Microsoft Groups whilst making it look like it's one of theirs!

--

"B ReynoldsFFIC" <BReynoldsFFIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Gill,
>
> I post through the google link to this group, but when I go to the site
> via
> your link I see my posts.  Here is the last one I posted on prior to this
> one.
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US
>
> "Rod Gill" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is the microsoft.public.project.server group. Did you post directly
>> it or to a site that mirrors this group? If so, try:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US
>>
>> If you did post directly, then what tool did you use and is your question
>> relevant to the group you chose? usually questions only get left if they
>> are
>> for the wrong product, group or don't make sense.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rod Gill
>> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>>
>> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
>> http://www.projectvbabook.com
>>

>> "BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
>> > I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
>> > which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
>> > stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.
>> >
>> > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
>> > signature database 4875 (20100217) __________
>> >
>> > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>> >
>> > http://www.eset.com

>> signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

>> http://www.eset.com
>>

>> .

> signature database 4878 (20100218) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4878 (20100218) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod
2/18/2010 9:01:27 PM
Rod and Howard,

Thanks for the help and the insight, and taking your time to respond.

PCubed helped us build our site at our ASP Project Hosts.  PCubed and
Project Hosts are great. I am the Admin for Project Server and we have 1,800
resources using and about 120 active projects.  We have also installed
PCubed's Delivery Hub product too.  I wish could have PCubed on site all the
time; Jonathan Sofer, Bill Raymond, and Bruce Tilton from PCubed are
fantastic and know their Project Server.  Todd Pugsley and James Flavin of
Project Hosts have provided some of the best Customer Service I have seen.

I have opened a number of issues with MS and have sent them copies of DBs,
but we have not had much success.

I did find some older posts on this issue, but there were no solutions
documented with these posts.

Again thanks.

"B ReynoldsFFIC" wrote:

> Rod and Howard,
>
> Thanks for the help and the insight, and taking your time to respond.
>
> PCubed helped us build our site at our ASP Project Hosts.  PCubed and
> Project Hosts are great. I am the Admin for Project Server and we have 1,800
> resources using and about 120 active projects.  We have also installed
> PCubed's Delivery Hub product too.  I wish could have PCubed on site all the
> time; Jonathan Sofer, Bill Raymond, and Bruce Tilton from PCubed are
> fantastic and know their Project Server.  Todd Pugsley and James Flavin of
> Project Hosts have provided some of the best Customer Service I have seen.
>
> I have opened a number of issues with MS and have sent them copies of DBs,
> but we have not had much success.
>
> I did find some older posts on thie issue I poste a few days ago (Timesheets Review Failing and Blocking Correlation, but there were no solutions
> documented with these posts.
>
> Again thanks.
>

> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bruce --
> >
> > I can see your previous posts in the newsgroup, and I can also see that no
> > one replied to your questions.  If you don't get a reply, that usually means
> > that no one in the newsgroup has an answer to the question.  And that also
> > usually means you need to break out the company credit card and call
> > Microsoft Support.  Remember that none of the participants in this newsgroup
> > work for Microsoft.  All of us are volunteers who donate our time in the
> > newsgroup.  Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> > Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> > VP of Educational Services
> > msProjectExperts
> > http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> > http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> > "We write the books on Project Server"
> >

> > "BruceFFIC" <breynold@ffic.com> wrote in message
> > > I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response
> > > which said they had the same problem.  Is it because the request is so
> > > stupid, or no one has an answer.  Thanks.
> >
> > .

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

Why Am I Getting TheseTwo Linker Errors?
I am getting the following errors from the linker. It happens too many times. It even happens in some of the examples of the book: "Windows With MFC", which I just bought for about $65.00. @@@@@@@@@@@@@ LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "libcd.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library libcmtd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/MFC_TEST.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. @@@@@@@@@@@@@ In patricular, how can I use the /NODEFAULTLIB:library? Where do I place the change? A...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

Sure there's a simple answer to this but I can't get my head aroun
I would like to have an "announcements" memo field in my database. This would show a message for example such as "Please note that all staff can go home 2 hours early today" (yeah, right). I want managers to be able to edit this text in a simple seperate form. It needs to display the SAME message on all of my records. I have set up a new table called Management but I can't seem to link it to my existing form. Help please! A form can have only one record source. One way would be to have a subform on every form that would show the record, but that is pretty cl...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Getting a handle to the contents of a window's contents
Hi everyone, What Windows API should I use if I wanted to access the contents of a window's contents. For instance, if I were to open a file in Word, or browse a site using Explorer, how would I parse the text that I am viewing? TIA Paul > What Windows API should I use if I wanted to access the contents of a > window's contents. For instance, if I were to open a file in Word, or > browse a site using Explorer, how would I parse the text that I am > viewing? > It all depends upon the control you want the contents from. GetWindowText etc will work for some. Keep in mi...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

How to get pixel coordinates and RGB values when cursor moves over an image?
Hi, I have a simple custom control (inherits from UserControl) that displays an image (not a pictureBox). My goal is to get the pixel coordinates and the RGB values of a pixel that the mouse is hovering over and display that information in the status bar of my application. Since this is an image viewing application, the image displayed on the control is always changing, and there are two viewing modes: 1. the image streches the boundaries of the control (enables autoscroll if necessary) to fit its contents. 2. if the image size iz bigger than the clientsize of the control, the image ...

How can I get a copy of every email I send?
Rachael wrote: <nothing> Eh? PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as it gets truncated like yours has Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk 18/04/2005 10:47:31 Rachael <Rachael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message <B385860F-641F-4D25-9569-0DD6FCFE6169@microsoft.com> Doesn't your copy of Outlook save everything in the 'sent items' folder anyway? If not I would create a rule in Outlook (tools/organise/rule...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

changing the SMTP response
Hi there I have followed 836564 to change the smtp connect response for our Exchange 2003 sp1 server, but I get the following error... ErrNumber: -2147463146 (0x80005004) Error trying to GET the Schema of the property: IIS://localhost/Schema/connectresponse I am typing in cscript adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/connectresponse "test" Anyone know what might be wrong? The Exchange server is a member server. I've checked that the VSI number is 1, and I am in the correct directory when running it. Thanks, Neal ...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

No Outlook 2003 Toolbars, Menus... How to Get Them Back?
Hi there, Someone here has managed to completely remove all toolbars and menus (including File, Tools, etc...) from his copy of Outlook 2003. Now he just has Mail, Inbox, and the Preview Pane & so on. Is there a way to get them back? All of the Office Online suggestions I've seen involve going to the Tools menu or some such thing, but we don't even have that! Thanks... Close Outlook. Search for and rename your outcmd.dat file. It's usually in C:\documents and settings\<<youruserid>>\application data\microsoft\outlook Restart Outlook. Any better? -- ...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

After getting rid of virus
After finally removing Total PC Defender..I have icons on desktop but when I click windows cannot find file. Same with using start..Have I deleted something maybe? Can only use computer off line..will not connect to internet... Chicken wrote: > After finally removing Total PC Defender..I have icons on desktop but w= hen I=20 > click windows cannot find file. Same with using start..Have I deleted=20 > something maybe? Can only use computer off line..will not connect to=20 > internet... Here are a few things to try for the failed internet connection: Open Internet ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

HOw do I get the formula to figure out a percentage?
Example H & P Consent Pre-Sedation YES NO YES NO YES NO Total Cases 11 13 12 98 I need the percentage of each column. Assuming that your numbers are from A2 to F2, here is a very simpl solution, i.e., not an elegant formula but will work. If you want the percentages to appear below the numbers, enter in B2 =if(A2="","",A2/sum($A$2+$F$2)) and copy this up to cell F2. Another option is =if(A2="",0,A2/sum($A$2:$F$2)) Also, don't forget to "percent" format your cells (B2:F2). Jen Wrote: > Example > H & P Consent Pr...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Posting negative 401k transactions
I have a typical 401k account setup with a corresponding cash account. I am manually balancing my account at the end of the quarter. In other words, I'm not using the 401k manager or "balance an account" wizard. In my investment account, I want to buy x shares of a stock for the quarter, however the final market value decreased for the account. Normally, a stock that increased for the quarter would show as a payment in the cash account. I want to show this as a deposit. If you use the balance an account wizard, it will somehow place a negative price so that it shows up as ...