My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)

When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted
Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets.   I only see
timesheeets once they are submitted for approval.

I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can
not see any unsubmitted timesheets.

Any help?  Bug?

Gary

You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their
Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not
using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will
not see anything in My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets.

--
Stephen C. Sanderlin, Project MVP
VP of Technology

E: �� stephen.sanderlin@msprojectexperts.com
NYC:� (646) 736-1688 x26
PA: � (215) 538-5373
Cell: (267) 446-4064
Fax:� (973) 556-1191

http://www.msprojectexperts.com

�
Are You Project 2010 Ready?
Work Management Solutions for Individuals, Teams, and the Enterprise

"Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted
> Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets.   I only see
> timesheeets once they are submitted for approval.
>
> I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can
> not see any unsubmitted timesheets.
>
> Any help?  Bug?
>
> Gary

0
Stephen
3/17/2010 12:43:50 AM
I am configured as the resource's timesheet manager.  We do not have Fixed
Approval Routing enabled because we need to send timesheets to another
manager when the configured timesheet manager is out off the office.  When a
resource submits his timesheet I show as the approver.  When they submit the
timesheet they then show up under the Pending My Approval.

Gary

"Stephen Sanderlin [MVP]" wrote:

> You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their
> Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not
> using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will
> not see anything in My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets.
>
> --
> Stephen C. Sanderlin, Project MVP
> VP of Technology
> msProjectExperts
> 90 John Street, Ste. 404
> New York, NY 10038
>
> E:    stephen.sanderlin@msprojectexperts.com
> NYC:  (646) 736-1688 x26
> PA:   (215) 538-5373
> Cell: (267) 446-4064
> Fax:  (973) 556-1191
>
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>

> Are You Project 2010 Ready?
> Work Management Solutions for Individuals, Teams, and the Enterprise
>

> "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted
> > Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets.   I only see
> > timesheeets once they are submitted for approval.
> >
> > I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can
> > not see any unsubmitted timesheets.
> >
> > Any help?  Bug?
> >
> > Gary
>
> .

All updates up to and including Dec 2009 CU.

Gary

"Stephen Sanderlin [MVP]" wrote:

> Hm... strange. What patchlevel are you at?
>
> --
> Stephen Sanderlin, Project MVP
> VP of Technology
> msProjectExperts
>
> For Project Server Consulting: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> For Project Server Training: http://www.projectservertraining.com
>
> Read our blog at: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>

> "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I am configured as the resource's timesheet manager.  We do not have Fixed
> > Approval Routing enabled because we need to send timesheets to another
> > manager when the configured timesheet manager is out off the office.  When a
> > resource submits his timesheet I show as the approver.  When they submit the
> > timesheet they then show up under the Pending My Approval.
> >
> > Gary
> >

> > "Stephen Sanderlin [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their
> > > Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not
> > > using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will
> > > not see anything in My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stephen C. Sanderlin, Project MVP
> > > VP of Technology
> > > msProjectExperts
> > > 90 John Street, Ste. 404
> > > New York, NY 10038
> > >
> > > E:    stephen.sanderlin@msprojectexperts.com
> > > NYC:  (646) 736-1688 x26
> > > PA:   (215) 538-5373
> > > Cell: (267) 446-4064
> > > Fax:  (973) 556-1191
> > >
> > > http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> > >

> > > Are You Project 2010 Ready?
> > > Work Management Solutions for Individuals, Teams, and the Enterprise
> > >

> > > "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .
> > >

> .

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

Save Credit Card Information for Work Orders
Customers want to know why they cannot save credit card information for a work order. This is crucial when they are processing mail orders. They need to have a method for retreiving it if the number was entered incorrectly or if they make a mistake during the transaction and need to re-enter the number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

formula/version 2007
help with time sheet formula time in/time out/time in/time out/time in/time out can use as much as 3 ins and outs per day 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, this should equal 7 hours worked; what if a person enters 8:25 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearest quarter hour this still should be 7 hours; or 8:22 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearst quarter hour this should be 7.25, not (15min.) basicly it needs to round both ways to nearest quarter hour no matter what time they enter. The basic formula would be: =ROUND((end-start)*24/0....

Makeing a series work from top to bottom
I am trying to keep my line chart looking exactly the same except having the line go from zero to some number, having it come from some number to zero. How can i flip the lines? In article <3A638897-B483-4895-A31E-2FB35B2EA736@microsoft.com>, RobertBrown@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am trying to keep my line chart looking exactly the same except having the > line go from zero to some number, having it come from some number to zero. > How can i flip the lines? > If I understand you correctly, double-click the vertical axis. Then, from the Scale tab, check ...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Excel 2007 Charting
I created a small sample template of a chart I created on a logarithmic scale using approximately 200 data points. The workbook is initialized with events on the chart so when a mouse down click action is performed on the chart a msg box pops explaining that a data point has been clicked otherwise nothing else happens. The behavior I'm experiencing is that Excel 2007 will crash. I cannot produce the error on any earlier versions of Excel. The error is occurs at random but I believe the what is causing Excel to crash is an issue on the GetChartElement method for the active chart. The cras...

Formatting Phone Numbers in Excel 2007 Help
I have phone numbers in two different formats: 1. 1-123-456-7890 (11 digits w/dashes) 2. 1234567890 (10 digits only) How can I convert the first format into the standard format in excel for phone numbers of (###) ###-####? I know the second format will do it automatically. Thanks in advance for your help. Try =TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""),"(###) ###-####") -- HTH Bob "MrMike" <MrMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B343330-00F7-4DE6-A6F8-9252C12C6630@microsoft.com... >I have phone numbers in tw...

Autofilters not working
I'm having isolated problems with worksheets that have been extracted from non-excel sources (i.e. using their export facility). I want to run the autofilters across the header cells, and they just don't appear (only sometimes though!). The autofilter shows a check mark when selected on the menu, but there is no visible box to click on in the actual header cells. It wont even work if I copy the data into a new worksheet and try again. Has anyone encountered anything similar? Is there a general fix? Thanks, Geoff Hi Geoff If you want you send me the workbook(private) I try t...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

How do i move outlook 2007 to a new computer?
I purchased new computer and want to take off 2007 outlook on it and put it on the new one. I tried to install the 2007 outlook on the new and it would not accept the product key number. I read to take it off the computer first but worried if I do this first, I may lose it on that computer and not be able to install on new still??? I have backed up my files already. thanks, Gwen "Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8105-72B3-47A2-AAC8-52E597FC7DC9@microsoft.com... >I purchased new computer and want to take off 2007 outlook...

Help! Install Key Doesn't Work!
I have been happily using Microsoft Money Deluxe (version 17.00.1414) for over a year. I purchased a new computer several months ago and installed Money from the same install file (downloaded from Internet). I ignored the activation notice for weeks because I was too busy to fire up the old computer, but now am trying to activate it and it keeps failing. I used Belarc Advisor to retreive the install key from my old installation, but for some reason this install requires a key with a different format. The old format is xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, but the new installation requir...

Business Alerts Not Working
GP 8.0, SQL Server 2000, Small Biz Server 2003 GP is installed on Small Business Server 2003 which has Exchange and SQL Server 2000. All users access GP via our Terminal Server which is installed on Windows Server 2003. The SBS 2003 Server has Outlook client installed. As does the Windows Server 2003. We cannot get SQL Mail to work. Within GP when testing the Business ALerts mail, we get the following error: "The following error occured in SQL Server: XP_sendmail: Could not resolve recipient. In SQL Enterprixe Manager, under support services, SQL Mail, You can test the Outlook ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work
Hi, Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame that it creates...... Thanks. Hugh. Outl...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Average cost per share incorrect (Money 2007 Deluxe)
I just upgraded to 2007 Deluxe and found that the average cost per share only shows a value rounded to 2 decimals even if 3 or 4 decimals are displayed on the screen. Everything after the 2nd decimals shows as zero. Is there a setting that I have not set yet? Thanks for any reply. ...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

Excel 2007 Table Bug
Has anyone come across a problem with Excel 2007 Tables? I frankly don't have much use for tables but since Microsoft shortsightedly placed table autoformatting on the other side of this barrier, I often convert a range to a table and the convert it back to a range leaving the formatting in place. Trouble is, when I convert a table back to a range I find that the area defined is now troublesome--chiefly, formulae no longer work! I suspect the problem is the boneheaded new referencing method that Microsoft uses for Tables (which is what, for me, makes Tables totally useless: one referenc...

O2002: Rules on 'sent items' don't work with draft messages
hi there, I've discovered what is the problem behind my previous post "No route to Sent Items folder: msgs lost!": I noticed my rules set for 'Sent items' don't work if composing message was previously saved in draft folder (manually or automatically). for example, let's say I have a rule to copy sent messages in a specific folder basing on the account used. - I select new mail and compose the message - I send the message - the rule suddenly copy the message on selected folder that's ok. now, another try: - I select new mail and compose the message - I t...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...