My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)

When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted
Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets.   I only see
timesheeets once they are submitted for approval.

I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can
not see any unsubmitted timesheets.

Any help?  Bug?

Gary

You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their
Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not
using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will
not see anything in My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets.

--
Stephen C. Sanderlin, Project MVP
VP of Technology

E: �� stephen.sanderlin@msprojectexperts.com
NYC:� (646) 736-1688 x26
PA: � (215) 538-5373
Cell: (267) 446-4064
Fax:� (973) 556-1191

http://www.msprojectexperts.com

�
Are You Project 2010 Ready?
Work Management Solutions for Individuals, Teams, and the Enterprise

"Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted
> Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets.   I only see
> timesheeets once they are submitted for approval.
>
> I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can
> not see any unsubmitted timesheets.
>
> Any help?  Bug?
>
> Gary

0
Stephen
3/17/2010 12:43:50 AM
I am configured as the resource's timesheet manager.  We do not have Fixed
Approval Routing enabled because we need to send timesheets to another
manager when the configured timesheet manager is out off the office.  When a
resource submits his timesheet I show as the approver.  When they submit the
timesheet they then show up under the Pending My Approval.

Gary

"Stephen Sanderlin [MVP]" wrote:

> You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their
> Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not
> using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will
> not see anything in My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets.
>
> --
> Stephen C. Sanderlin, Project MVP
> VP of Technology
> msProjectExperts
> 90 John Street, Ste. 404
> New York, NY 10038
>
> E:    stephen.sanderlin@msprojectexperts.com
> NYC:  (646) 736-1688 x26
> PA:   (215) 538-5373
> Cell: (267) 446-4064
> Fax:  (973) 556-1191
>
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>

> Are You Project 2010 Ready?
> Work Management Solutions for Individuals, Teams, and the Enterprise
>

> "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted
> > Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets.   I only see
> > timesheeets once they are submitted for approval.
> >
> > I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can
> > not see any unsubmitted timesheets.
> >
> > Any help?  Bug?
> >
> > Gary
>
> .

All updates up to and including Dec 2009 CU.

Gary

"Stephen Sanderlin [MVP]" wrote:

> Hm... strange. What patchlevel are you at?
>
> --
> Stephen Sanderlin, Project MVP
> VP of Technology
> msProjectExperts
>
> For Project Server Consulting: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> For Project Server Training: http://www.projectservertraining.com
>
> Read our blog at: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>

> "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I am configured as the resource's timesheet manager.  We do not have Fixed
> > Approval Routing enabled because we need to send timesheets to another
> > manager when the configured timesheet manager is out off the office.  When a
> > resource submits his timesheet I show as the approver.  When they submit the
> > timesheet they then show up under the Pending My Approval.
> >
> > Gary
> >

> > "Stephen Sanderlin [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their
> > > Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not
> > > using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will
> > > not see anything in My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stephen C. Sanderlin, Project MVP
> > > VP of Technology
> > > msProjectExperts
> > > 90 John Street, Ste. 404
> > > New York, NY 10038
> > >
> > > E:    stephen.sanderlin@msprojectexperts.com
> > > NYC:  (646) 736-1688 x26
> > > PA:   (215) 538-5373
> > > Cell: (267) 446-4064
> > > Fax:  (973) 556-1191
> > >
> > > http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> > >

> > > Are You Project 2010 Ready?
> > > Work Management Solutions for Individuals, Teams, and the Enterprise
> > >

> > > "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .
> > >

> .

Converting Access 2000 database to Access 2007
Hello, I converted Access2000 database to Access2007. And it does not work properly at all. There are windows XP and, Ms office2007 loaded on my computer. The directory with Database is Trusted. Activated is option "Show message bar in all applications where content has been blocked". Activated is option “Enable all macros” Activated is Show all actions in macro Design. First I cannot get rid of yellow triangles (with exclamation) in the beginning of macro rows for some actions like: Echo, SetValue, Close…… SetValue row (with yellow triangle) is not executed. The ...

Help with MSN Synchronization-Money 2007
Hello, I have been using money for several years and have just recently upgraded to money 2007. Anyhow, I've noticed since I started using it my information has not updated on MSN money the web site (account transactions,balances, etc.) It also does not show my balance on my checking account (it says N/A) and it used to show it before. Is there some setting that has gotten screwed up somehow? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if any fixes? I've done everything the knowledge base article said-no results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dan Money comes wit...

Timesheet Corruption
We are running Project Server 2007 SP2 and Aug09 CU. Project Hosts is our ASP for our servers. In the past two weeks we have had a number of users try to open their "In Progress" timesheet and get an error. The after about 5 minutes the error received is: Error "Project Web Access cannot connect to Project Server because the connection timed out. For more information, contact your system administrator. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, c...

Outlook 2007 rules #3
i created a rule to transfer messages that contain a specific word in the subject to another folder, but it save a copy of the nessage in the original folder instead of just moving it. Maybe someone could help me?! Make sure the rule ends in a Stop Processing action. "Offir" <Offir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6890B7D-9F35-4E7B-8AD6-CA37699EE142@microsoft.com... > i created a rule to transfer messages that contain a specific word in the > subject to another folder, but it save a copy of the nessage in the > original > folder instead of ju...

email rules not working
In my inbox, I have an email that says it is from Alan Borger in the from column. When I open the email, I can see that the email was sent by a service. The complete from address is: 39311@bizmailtoday.com; on behalf of; Alan Borger [mkt@aborger.com] I want a rule to send this email to my Alan Borger folder. I set up the rule as follows: Apply this rule after the message arrives from 39311@bizmailtoday.com and with Alan Borger in the sender's address and on this machine only move it to the Alan Borger folder Unfortunately the rule does not work. Any and all sugg...

Creating Access 2007 Database Question
I am not sure where to post this question. I remember finding a forum just for Microsoft Access 2007 questions, but I couldn't find it again... Indifferent Anyway, I have created a database, and have been testing it with my application. I have some data in this database. I was wondering if there was a way in Microsoft Access 2007 to create an empty copy of the database for release. In other words, I would like to create a copy of the database with all of the tables and columns, but without the data (rows) that I had entered as part of using my testing database... Does anyone...

Search does not find messages in Outlook 2007
Hello All, I have Outlook 2007 and Windows Desktop search trunning on a Windows XP Professional machine. The indexing has been completed but I noted that the search will not find certain emails, which contain the text that I am searching for in the content. I can find the message by author, subject, etc. but not based on the keyord. This makes me dowbt of the reliability of the search. Any ideas of what might be going on? Kind regards CD ...

How to automatically display the "To" portion: Outlook 2007
Coming to scheduling meetings in Outlook 2007, When I click on "New" from the Calendar, the "Untitled - Appointment" window opens up with the fields "Subject" and "Location" displayed. To invite attendees, one needs to click on the "Invite Attendees" button on the menu, and then the "To" field appears. My question is - is there a default option where the "To" field is always displayed. I find it strange that as most meetings would be between atleast 2 people the "To" field should be displayed by defaul...

Word 2003 vs Word 2007 and XML
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the way Word 2003 worked as far as direct formatting goes vs. 2007 and the XML background. It is my understanding that if you used direct formatting in Word 2003 instead of using styles, it created problems with corruption because Word 2003 would put a a code before and after each and every character selected. For example, if someone had a document they received in Courier New that was 50 pages long and they selected the entire document and changed the font to Times New Roman (TNR), every character throughout the document would have a...

Where does Outlook 2007 store emails locally?
We are using Outlook 2007 with Exchange server. We have a user who has been moving his emails off of the Exchange server to some folders he created or by Auto Archive feature in Outlook 2007. He basically drag and drop the emails from his Exchange server Inbox to his folders on the left side. The question is, where are all of these folders full of emails located on the local computer? At first I thought it must have been the Auto Archive feature that kicks in every 14 days and created those folders for him to be able to drag and drop, but when I check the following location the archi...

M2005 Small Business
Can anyone else get this to work? I go through the steps of creating an invoice template and save it. But every time I return, my template is not in the list. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/#Business (2nd item) for some instructions on making it work. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a...

Lotus 123 files in XL 2007
I have an ancient Lotus 123 file (.wk1) that used to open fine in Excel 2002 but will not open in Excel 2007. Is there a way to make XL 2007 recognize it? Jeff On 5/19/2010 10:41 AM, Jeff@nospam.fake wrote: > I have an ancient Lotus 123 file (.wk1) that used to open fine in Excel > 2002 but will not open in Excel 2007. Is there a way to make XL 2007 > recognize it? > Jeff Solved the problem. Re-installed XL 2002 and saved the file as xls which then opened fine in XL 2007. "J...@nospam.fake" <J...@nospam.fake> wrote... >J...@nospam.fake wrote: ...

Invest 3325/-. & get 2,04,750/- in 12 periods without working. or 32,00,000/- with some working
Hi I made my choice when faced this opportunity to lock my position. The compnay is going on mass way to sell Bajaj Allianz New unit gain policy . How you and me can benefit by taking policy earlier. We can enter into pool to earn 2,04,750/- without working. IF we introduce 8 members we can earn 32,00,000/- (not necessary 8 members has to work) This is called grwoth plan.. & many companies are successfully running this concpet. see the testimonals for proof. Investment is 3325/- & we get policy when 12,000/- gets deposited in your account. 9000./- gets deduced from your earning....

IMF Message Filter has stopped working
Exchange 2003, IMF was installed and working fine until recently when the filter has just stopped working. All filters have been applied to the Virtual Server. There are no errors in the event log. There are no messages in the archive folder. I have re-started the information store but the problem remains. No changes had been made to IMF, it just stopped working. On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:39:59 +0100, "andrew.hinkin" <andrew.hinkin@akhter.co.uk> wrote: >Exchange 2003, IMF was installed and working fine until recently when the >filter has just stopped working. All f...

Macro not working between versions
Hi, I have developed a macro in VBA for Apps for Excel 2002 that seems to fail in an Excel 97 system with: 'Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error : Can't find project or library' Is there any way that the correct libraries can be set up for the Excel 97 application? Regards, Nick. ...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

symbolic link not working via share ?
I have a shared folder on a win2008 server, which has several folders and files which are read for domain users, and also a symbolic link to another folder on the same drive which has again read permission for domain users. However when I access the share and navigate down to the symbolic link and click on that folder I get various error messages. On a server 2003 and an xp machine I get "\\server2008\folder\link is not accessible......cannot find message number 0x in the message file for \\server2008\folder\link". I guess this is because xp/2003 does not understand s...

Exch 2007 Mail Enabled Public Folder Assistant Reply With rule.
I want to setup an auto-reply public mail folder. Using my Outlook 2007 client, I creat a new public folder called "reply". I mail-enable this public folder by running: Enable-MailPublicFolder -Identity "\reply" I verify that my public folder is mail enabled by running: get-mailpublicfolder -id Reply |fl I can see that my public folder has an email address - great. Next, I go back to my Outlook 2007 client, and find the public folder. I open up the Properties. I go to Administration, then Folder Assistant. I add a new rule. The rule runs the "reply with" option...

Send on behalf not working in Hosted Exchange 2003?
Hi I have Exchange 2003 set up in a hosted exchange environment. My problem is that I have one user that has added another user to deligates and with reviewer rights on the inbox. (I read that it should be enough for send on behalf) But I always get this error when I try to send on behalf of this user: " Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 4.1.2005 11:00 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Test user on 4.1.2005 11:00 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administra...

Frame work?
Word 2007 Want to write my memoir How can I start with the - point - or - frame work - page? -- Cheers _ Hunibal _ Microsoft Office Word Forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Hunibal" <hunibal_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4C093712-BF50-4348-B6B8-43273222E598@microsoft.com... > Word 2007 > Want to write my memoir > How can I start with the - point - or - frame work - page? > > -- > > Cheers _ Hunibal...

software to allow 2007 documents to be read using 2003
I have installed the Microsoft software so that I can read MS word 2007 in MS office 2003. As soon as I loaded it, a warning came up to say my copy of Office 2003 was counterfeit. I loaded 2003 from a master disk and have the licence sticker and have been using it for 18 months without any problems, and receiving updates etc. It was registered correctly with Microsoft. Help please. ...

Outlook 2007 email template
Hi, I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use a default email template, but I must be doing something wrong. Here's a very simple example of the problem: With Outlook closed, I open the NormalEmail.dotm in the default Templates folder and change the font for Normal to a different font (something like Courier) and save it. Then I open Outlook and open a new email message, and the font isn't Courier. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! That is not where the NormalEmail.dotm file is for unless you've defined your own Style. Instead use oft-files or Stationery for this. --...

Problem viewing Excel 2003 Pivot Chart fields in Excel 2007
When I’m running Excel 2007 and I’m viewing a chart in a file created in Excel 2003 using the ‘Pivot Chart and Pivot Chart Report’ functionality, I’m unable to see the Pivot Chart (drop down) fields anywhere on the Pivot Chart. This happens even when the file created in Excel 2003 is ‘converted’ to 2007 when it is opened. -- Ronny B Hi, When the pivot chart is selected try choose PivotChart Tools, Analyze, and turn on the Pivot Chart Filter. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "ronny B" wrote: > When I’m running Excel 2007 and I’m viewing a chart in a file created in > ...

Changing Project Accounts in Project 2007
I have went into Microsoft Project and selected Tools and then Enterprise Options then Microsoft Project Server Accounts. Here I have added my url to the project server so I have the computer and the server. I have set it to manually control connection state. So when I open Microsoft Project it asks me which one I want to use. Now, say I choose the server and have made the corrections and posted it back out to the server and then want to work on one that is on my computer is there away to change the account without going out of Microsoft Project and coming back in and telling...

Installation of 2007 Money Plus Deluxe
I am attempting to install 2007 Money Plus Deluxe. I am currently using 2001 Money Deluxe. Install CD tries to run but then gives the "Money Installation Program has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." screen. Any suggestions? Sell Money Plus Deluxe and stick with the 2001 version you have got - it is better. teabag "RQ" <RQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:789AFAA8-4EA0-4A39-87EA-3F51DB587B40@microsoft.com... >I am attempting to install 2007 Money Plus Deluxe. I am currently using >2001 ...