MS Project Server 2007 - Filter? Custom Field?

I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
following tasks:
- Has a Start date within the next 5 days
OR
- Has a Finish date within the next 5 days

How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Rachel

Your problem is that you need to reference the current date.  You can either
create a filter (Project > Filtered for > More Filters) for:

Start is less than "Starts before"?
OR Finish is less than "Finishes before"?

.....using that syntax as it will prompt you for the start and finish dates
when you run the filter.

Or create a custom flag field using a formula like this:

IIF([Start]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,IIF([Finish]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,No))

....although that would also capture your completed tasks.  Is that what you
want.

Also notice this forum should be shut down soon.  You should post future
requests here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010

"Rachel" wrote:

> I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
> following tasks:
> - Has a Start date within the next 5 days
> OR
> - Has a Finish date within the next 5 days
>
> How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
> uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel
This is perfect, thanks! I can just filter out the 100% complete tasks.

I've never used the flag custom field before and didn't realize that you can
use Current Date in a forumla.

Thanks again.

Rachel

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Your problem is that you need to reference the current date.  You can either
> create a filter (Project > Filtered for > More Filters) for:
>
> Start is less than "Starts before"?
> OR Finish is less than "Finishes before"?
>
> ....using that syntax as it will prompt you for the start and finish dates
> when you run the filter.
>
> Or create a custom flag field using a formula like this:
>
> IIF([Start]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,IIF([Finish]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,No))
>
> ...although that would also capture your completed tasks.  Is that what you
> want.
>
> Also notice this forum should be shut down soon.  You should post future
> requests here:
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010
>

> "Rachel" wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
> > following tasks:
> > - Has a Start date within the next 5 days
> > OR
> > - Has a Finish date within the next 5 days
> >
> > How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
> > uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rachel

How can i disable BCC from the server level
I need to disable the ability to send BCC mail. Is there a way to do this at the server level. If not is how do i disable it on the client side. Your help is greatly apprciated. Thanks On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:44:09 -0800, "Andy Exchange admin" <Andy Exchange admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to disable the ability to send BCC mail. Is there a way to do this at >the server level. If not is how do i disable it on the client side. Your >help is greatly apprciated. Thanks Not really possible. ...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Calculated field 05-12-10
I need to calculate many fields based on one start date and I need the calculations to count by month. For example first visit is 4/25/2010 The first calculated field must be 5/25/2010 +/- 7 days This is the first time I've had to do a calculated field where the next visit must be the exact day of the next month and not just the generic "30 days" Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you Lori Hi, Go to online help and look for DATESERIAL function. I think that should help you out. "LoriP" wrote: > I need to calculate many fields based ...

Brand New to OL 2007
Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL 2007? I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of the info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for something. I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every minute. You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag them to a mail folder (in OE) to review later. If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in Outlook then copy a...

Client/server service pack upgrades
We are looking to install a number of CRM upgrades and hotfixes this weekend. For several of them (for example, the Sales for Outlook Feature Pack), there is a server installation, and a client installation. We have many remote users, and it could be two-three weeks before we get the client installation out to these users. Will we have any issues if we go ahead and install the Server installations without the Client installations? Thank you, Paul McBride I dont think so. the server patches are for windows xp sp2 etc. the outlook features are client only -- John O'Donnell Microsoft ...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

publisher 2007 printing
I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders around text boxes. Any ireas?? brian wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. Check the website of your printer manufacturer for an updated printer driver. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "brian" wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. > Any ireas?? Brian, Right Click on the text box and choose edit text box. There are choice...

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

RPC over HTTPS
I was told by MS before getting Exchange2k3 that I would be able to run Outlook 2003 remotely over https via RPC. After installation it looks like I need both a front end and back end server to make this happen. Is this the case? Am I stuck with OWA? I can find no system reqs for RPC over Http besides what is in the installation notes. Thanks, Rob You dont need two servers, here is a link that explains how to do it with a single server: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org &...

MS Access

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...

Custom page size
Hi How do I set a custom paper size in Excel 2002? Thanks Nick On my version/printer - go to File > Page setup, on the 'Page' tab click on the Options, on the following screen, click the 'Page setup' tab and at the bottom of the Page size list is a custom setting - click on that and it will allow you to input the size you want. Antony "Nick J Lock" <nick@regal5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:078401c358ff$7d006af0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > How do I set a custom paper size in Excel 2002? > > Thanks > > Nick ...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

Outlook 2007 #30
I do have a basic older version of Outlook on my PC, however when I go to use my Outlook 2007 the program wants to know if I want to have my hotmail account run thru my Outlook. And yes I do but for some reason it cannot find my account so therefore I cannot use my Outlook wizard.....HELP! ...

Invokign a project from another project
Greetings, I have an MFC dialog based project that needs to invoke a dialog from another project. I have the necessary include files. I do not know if I have to set any parent pointers. Can anyone help me. For instance Proj. A contains Proj. B so in the constructor for A I simply declare and object of B and do a new. Needless to say it gives me a linkage error. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance ...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable" #2
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...